What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023 Anarchy League 2 Draft Commentary (3 Viewers)

If people buy into historical trends, only one TE 34 or older has scored more than 300 fantasy points in the regular season in this format (Tony Gonzalez 327 points in 2012). Kelce had 428.30 points in the regular season last year (playing in an extra game). At 300 points, Kelce could still be the top scoring TE . . . but his insane amount of extra value could drop off considerably and make him more in line with the other top TEs.

I think you sold Gonzalez short here... counting his 2 playoff games, he scored 379.9.
I didn’t look up the total season score. Just regular season (and mentioned that). It would be a huge surprise if KC didn’t make the playoffs. I still think Kelce slows down some. Not sure what that translates into though in terms of numbers.

If people buy into historical trends, only one TE 34 or older has scored more than 300 fantasy points in the regular season in this format (Tony Gonzalez 327 points in 2012). Kelce had 428.30 points in the regular season last year (playing in an extra game). At 300 points, Kelce could still be the top scoring TE . . . but his insane amount of extra value could drop off considerably and make him more in line with the other top TEs.

I think you sold Gonzalez short here... counting his 2 playoff games, he scored 379.9.
I didn’t look up the total season score. Just regular season (and mentioned that). It would be a huge surprise if KC didn’t make the playoffs. I still think Kelce slows down some. Not sure what that translates into though in terms of numbers.
Well good thing I did not get Kelce then if you are right about the age thing. Not like I had a snowballs chance of him falling to me anyways.

You raise an interesting question as far as why dont teams focus more defensive attention to stopping him. I mean why havent they thought of that by now?

Similar to Gronkowski he is just too big, too fast and too good to stop almost no matter what a defense tries to do. And Mahomes can throw around corners with pool like precision of english and control.

"Historical trends" don't mean anything when you're talking about the best fantasy player ever at his position by a long way. Just like Gonzalez in his day.

Since I enjoyed Anarchys opinion piece on all of the rosters in this league as well as name calling I decided to have some fun with this too. I will be using the writing style suggested by the mentor in Almost Famous to his protégé of being honest and showing no mercy!

Gene taster: Started off with Cooper Kupp. Not bad except this isn't 2021 and playing all the games seems to matter in this league. Bengals QB looks good. Pat Freiermuth has way too many e's in his name so I hate him by default. He had a lot of receptions last year maybe giving some credence to the rookie QB like to use their TE myth, but does that continue now that the QB remembers he has some other receivers he can throw to? Only 2 TD. While finishing as TE 11 it wasn't really difference maker type points, so this pick seems too high to me unless one is expecting him to make another jump in performance in 2023. Gibbs is not a RB who really fits this format, a rookie and drafted too high. Marquise Brown has no QB to get him the ball and will break if defenders breathe too hard on him. I like the Pierce and Swift picks here but this isn't a format you want to keep waiting at WR this long. Burks? Still doesn't have a WR then he starts taking defense and some more TE. Nope. Better luck next year.

Fozzie Bear homer Wacka Waska: is losing the beloved Pac 12 and thats a lot of tradition and so on going out the window so I kind of feel sorry for him. But .naw Chase is not Justin Jefferson. Keenan Allen is old. Engram likely sees fewer targets with Ridley now on the team. Same thing applies to Christian Kirk. Everett is just a guy at TE who likely peaked last season. Rookie TE. Michael Thomas hasn't been good for a long time and Drew Brees is not coming back. These RB are not great so not sure why you are taking them this early. 4 in a row from pick 8 to 11 when you could be value shopping here. I like your kickers but who cares? Draft better next year.

The cheating Ref: I actually like how Refs draft starts with 2 TE. As a Vikings fan I feel like Hockenson is over rated though. Not sure if Waller can return to previous form or stay healthy all year, but alright. JAG QB ok. Then the wheels start to fall off by drafting a Packer WR with Rodgers gone. Cam Akers never been that good. He does just enough in short bursts to tease guys like Ref into believing in him. Not a believer in Michael Pittman but maybe the rookie QB only notices him and this works out ok. Robinson and Cook have other RB breathing down their necks for opportunities. More Packers. Gross. Bateman might be healthy some year. KC Kicker should be good and Dallas seems to have a defense even though half of them should be in jail. Cornering the market on Colts receivers. Then some other space fillers. I like this team better than the previous two but thats not saying much.

Gone Fishing naka Brock Purdys Mom: BNB has a solid start here with AJ Brown then CD Lamb. Both solid WR with abbreviated names. Then he takes Taylor who we know will miss 4 games at least. Im guessing he was hoping the drama was about nothing or a trade would happen. SF QB. This pick seems high but who knows? I remember a lot of people doubting Tom Brady in the early years of his career. I am hoping this is not the case as SF already has too many championship teams. Maybe he is just Kirk Cousins. Something actually I am interested to follow in the future which I find somewhat hard to come by with the NFL these days. Mike Evans is still big and fast although he has seen better days. Dalton Schultz sounds like someone from Hogans Heros rather than a football player. This is a mantra all fantasy football players should be familiar with. The TE with a difficult name who is a cat lover. Ok. He wishes he was Jonnu Smith. Aaron Rogers rides Brett Favres career path again. Maybe next season as the Vikings QB he will be worth having. 49ers defense. Seems obvious BNB needs a team to root for as a Panthers fan. Samajae Placeholder of better RB jock straps. Isiah Huh who is the this and why did BNB draft him? Jets defense. Ok ok some alright defenses here. Donovan Peoples Milk Carton. Michael Gallup sneaky value pick who gets paid like BNB wishes he was for what he does. Gus the Bus. I had completely forgotten about this guy and like this pick. CP84 is actually ok value since he is considered a RB now. I actually like this team despite a few head scratchers.

Denier of internet privilege's: Austin Eckler was a brilliant pick a couple years ago when I took him ahead of Johnathan Taylor although I was wrong. Not sure if he is anymore with high of a pick. Chargers QB ok. The better QB were gone by then. Worth a shot. Joe Mixon. Loading up on RB is not the way in this format. David the Jokes on You. This guy has actually done ok after a really slow start to his career. Still a disappointment though. Alexander Mattison. More RB is not the way, especially when they are Mattison. Sutton is a tease currently being passed up by a rookie on the depth chart. Johnny Pay Check Oh. Not sure what Andy Reid is thinking here. Adam Thielen. I am a huge fan of this guy but he was clearly not the same player anymore last season which is why the Vikings traded for Hockenson. Friday the 13th TE on the Raiders. No idea if he is good but hard to not like that. Jake Ferguson another Dallas TE. Someone has the wrong guy. This guys name sounds like a insurance salesman. Steelers QB. Yuck. Marvin Mims. Well at least he has Sutton covered. MVS hands of plaster. But hey at least he plays with Mahomes now. Some defenses kickers and Josh Reynolds. I don't think this team was constructed to win in this scoring format.

Ice Cream with chunks of stuff in it: 3 RB to start off with then a bunch of rookie players. I can see who has been playing dynasty format lately here. Not much to say. This team might be a contender in 2025 too bad half of these players wont work out. You seem pretty early to be taking sleeper picks like Nico Collins.

The real Funk: Barkley while a RB is one of the elite ones and at pick 16 looks like a solid pick to me. Lamar Jackson is who I actually wanted more than Josh Allen but had to go with the more proven QB over him. Cooper is a solid WR if their QB can remember how to play. Hopkins seems to be nearing the back end of his career. Now paired with Tannehill is not great. But maybe he has another good year left. Not sure what happened to Russell Wilson but with Payton as the coach now maybe he rebounds. I am starting to sense a recurring theme here. George Pickens 2nd year WR who maybe takes the next step this season. Not sure. OBJ once great could be again with Jackson now? Herbert the starter for the Bears. Not sure he can be the man or not though. Hurst and Conklin are decent TE for these late of picks. I was targeting Conklin but MB beat me to him. Not much else to comment about. Some kickers and defenses. Sleeper RB who could do well if the RB ahead of them get hurt and another oldie but goodie in Robert Woods to finish the theme. I like MB's style and not ashamed to copy off his crib sheet. This team seems to be living in the past a bit though.

Rubber Duck Eater of Worlds and Nemesis of the ocean: Stefon Diggs. Much cursing. George Kittle always seems over rated to me but good pick and extra games help. Deebo Samuel more 49ers. Tyler Lockett another WR I have been a fan of his whole career. Dalton Kincaid rookie TE. Not sure about this pick. Gabriel Davis aspires to be be Robin to Diggs Batman. I am seeing a theme here where Duckboy is prioritizing players who should get extra games with almost all these picks. Then it goes off the rails. Cleveland QB. Jerrick McKinnon does play with Mahomes. Kenneth Gainwell does play for the Eagles. Kickers from Buffalo and the Bengals. Steelers and Seahawks defenses. More players who play with Mahomes. Last pick on Deon Jackson who might benefit from Taylor being out. I have to respect the strategy here of targeting playoff team players almost throughout this draft. Can they put up any points in the regular season is the question?

Well I have already spent more time writing this than I did preparing for the draft. I made it half way through the also ran teams, but now I am exhausted.

To be continued....

Puddy Cats with dreads: Jalen Hurts. I am as surprised as anyone might be with how well he has developed. Pretty annoying to me how the Eagles have recovered and improved from the days of the great Wentz. They seem to be a better overall team than they were when they won a Super Bowl. They actually have good WR and defensive backs now. This is a solid pick even though I have started to hate the Eagles because of a loud minority of their fan base. Dallas Goedert aside from being another Eagle seems to have been a smooth transition from Zach Ertz. The only difference being they have better WR now than they did when Ertz was their best receiver. Justin Fields seems like another version of Hurts. A better runner than passer with a weaker supporting cast. This seems a bit early to take him to me as the 7th QB off the board with Lawrence still available. But maybe it will work out ok. He was the 15th QB last season in this format and he could improve on that. DJ Moore is paired with Fields here and I do think he is the best WR the Bears have had in a long time and should help Fields perform better. Still seems a bit high to take them to me but its not terrible. Alvin Kamara will miss a few games to suspension and finished as RB 18 last season. As the 20th RB this doesn't look too bad though and if he rebounds this year could end up being a nice pick. David Montgomery is not a bad pick here although this team is missing out on the good WRs by prioritizing these other positions so far. Zay Flowers is a rookie WR although a promising one. Sky Moore does play with Mahomes but was over hyped last season. An extra year of experience should help but this pick still seems questionable to me. This is what happens when you wait too long to take WR. Tank Bigsby and Jalen Warren are back up RB. Perhaps interesting ones, but still back ups. KJ Osborn is an ok WR for the Vikings but they would not have traded for Hockenson or drafted Addison if they thought he was the answer. Kind of rough as a WR 2-4 here depending on how these 3 performance shakes out. Likely is a TE who might do something if Andrews misses a lot of games. Some solid defenses and kickers. Then a couple more prayers at WR to try to make up for not getting any good ones earlier in the draft. I think this team is ok but the WR are very questionable.

Mile High Freak Show: If you are going to take a RB early McCaffrey and Henry are guys maybe worth doing that for. Smith is a solid WR. London might be good if Atlanta can get some decent QB play. James Conner has been surprisingly solid for a RB I dont think should be a starter. On a team with a lot of holes in its roster. There are pros and cons to that. Jordan Addison may be the best rookie WR from 2023 and I dont mind this pick but he is a rookie. JSN another rookie WR with more competition ahead of him and I think worse QB than Addison has to work with. A lot of people really love this guy but I dont quite get it. Meyers is a cast off Patriots WR. He has been ok when I have seen him play but not a lot of upside. Matthew Stafford could rebound I suppose. Damien Harris has a chance to score some TD if Allen does not steal them all. Raiders QB pretty yuck. Some kickers middling defenses. Lions WR who is suspended but maybe does something at some point this year? Is Logan Thomas still a thing? That seems like a long time ago. This draft seems ok to me especially the earlier portion of it. Maybe the Freak got thrown off by natural disaster getting in the way.

Donkey Piss: Justin Jefferson is about as good as it gets. The Sun God possession WR is not bad. Kyle Pitts seems like another over rated high draft pick TE so far but maybe some QB play could change that. I do have to note the high picks of Atlanta skill players if not wrong should mean the Atlanta QB is actually not the worst one in the league. One of these 2 things will end up being wrong. Dak Prescott is alright. 10th best QB last year drafted as the 10th QB this year. Ok. Brandin Cook is just plain good at football. Seems fine to get him here. Rashad White is a starting RB I guess. Saints got Carr and he has been alright for fantasy football although coming off his worst season last year. Not sure what happened to him there or if he is going to pull out of that. Gibson has been a tease at RB so far. Taysom Hill is a sneaky pick as a TE who plays QB but I guess a headache now that he isn't being listed as a TE anymore? Mooney has not lived up to the hype but maybe he will be alright if Fields improves this year. Some defenses and kickers then some sleeper players Ive never really heard of. I actually like this team quite a bit. Solid start and some decent mid level picks as well.

Anarchy makes insurance salesmen work to not pay you: Tyreek Hill has been a freaky WR. Pollard is a staring RB now. Waddle ties up the dynamic Miami WR duo. I guess these are players Bill should steal from Miami next. Jerry Juedy is hurt already. Seems like a reasonable choice beyond that. Cole Kmet is indeed a TE despite having a name that sounds like he is a frog. Breece Hall was playing great before he was injured. Boy Anarchy sure seems to be raiding the AFC East competition here. Dolphins QB completes this trifecta. JuJu Smith Schuster. I remember when he was a thing briefly. Greg Dulcich is a TE who puts me to sleep. Eze E in the back 9 of his career but maybe he does ok with Bill who appreciates a guy like him. Back up 49ers RB who might be a thing again if something happens to CMC. Zach Ertz used to be a good TE. Not sure if Murray will play this year or not. Some kickers then Pats QB which does seem like a value this late in the draft. Kendrick Bourne maybe makes up for the JuJu pick. Defenses last seem fine to me. I get mixed signals from this draft. On one hand Anarchy is investing in sea mammals and modern aircraft early but then Patriots late. Who is winning this division this year? But as the namesake of these leagues of course his poo does not stink and we have no chance to outscore these bums.

Feral Pig Population Control: Hard to argue with Mahomes. Garrett Wilson is a guy people keep gushing over and I just don't get it. Tee Higgins is a solid WR 2 for his team and might outscore Wilson. Brandon AiYUK is right. Just kidding he is actually pretty good. Chris Godwin has a QB now? Miles Sanders got paid and I would guess should get lots of opportunity on a bad team. Kirk Cousins. You are a brave soul. Hunter Henry was brought in last year and did ok I guess? But then they added Gesecki which has to make you wonder if Bill is happy about this guy? The Lizard is reunited with Rodgers. Meh. Zones has shown a pulse. Too bad he is getting relegated to the 3rd or 4th best target for Lawrence now. Great kickers. A playoff defense. Devin Singletary is interesting this late. Austin Hooper is over rated and the guy the Raiders already had might be better than him. Some back up RB. I like this draft aside from not being a believer in Garrett Wilson (yet) some guys I am not fans of but as usual I pretty much agree with what Razorback did here. He just takes solid players, even though some of them are not sexy to me.

Whoopie Cushion Prankster: Travis Kelce the no brainer best player in this format. Too bad he is hurt. Josh Jacobs surprised a lot of people last year. Can he do it again? Chris Olave had a great rookie season and should be able to build on that I think with a QB upgrade (I think?) now. James Cook looks like he will be the Bills featured RB this year. Will that be worth this pick though? Kenneth Walker had a Jeckyll and Hyde rookie season. Now has competition for opportunities. 3 RB in the first 5 picks is not the way in this format. Lions QB should be good if all their weapons come together this year. Toney at the top of the 7th round? Yikes. Even Mahomes can't help this guy. Tyler Boyd is an alright player as the 3rd option for Burrow. Upside if one of the other 2 WR get hurt as he is capable of putting up numbers with more opportunity. Eagles defense looks pretty good. This pick seems a bit high for a defense though. Mostert might be good for a couple games? Doubs is kind of like a poor mans Boyd. Not much else to get excited about. Maybe Trautman will be a good value? I dont know who is the TE to have in Denver this year. I think the roster construction of heavy RB is off here. This team really needs Kelce to come back strong to have a chance. The WR besides Olave look poor.

Al Davis Grandson: TE are strong in this format and Andrews has been one of the best ones. Too bad he is hurt. Davantae Adams is still an elite WR but I think he got a QB downgrade. DK Metcalf is big and strong. I saw him in a top WR of all time video awhile back and I just shrugged. I still prefer Lockett. Mike Williams another big bodied WR. Never been a fan of his but JWB knows this guy better than I do. JK Dobbins. On paper he should be great but something always does wrong for this guy. Gerald Everett is a TE but not an exciting one to me. Giants QB this guy has not been the bust I thought he would be. I was wrong about him and Josh Allen. Russell Wilson rebounds with Payton? Maybe. A Miami RB. hmm ok. Cade Otten is a TE. Really not sure who this guy is. Chubba Hubbard should be on Ben and Jerrys team. Some kickers that didnt need to be drafted this high because we drafted so late this year. Josh Palmer is a WR for the Chargers I guess. Josh Kelly is a RB that we should have given up on by now no? Giants and Cardinals defenses. I usually thnl JWB looks like one of the smarter guys in this room but I really don't dig this draft for him.

Well thats a wrap. Congratulate David for winning this thing again when you get a chance. Draft better next season.

JK Dobbins. On paper he should be great but something always does wrong for this guy.

No kidding...
Sorry buddy.

I had a bad feeling about Dobbins for well over a month now. He needed to get paid to cover risks like this, but these RB just keep getting shafted.

I messed up in league 4 and drafted Gordon thinking he might be the guy who could benefit if Dobbins missed time, but I was totally wrong about that, he didnt even make the team.

Somehow I totally forgot Gus Edwards exists. He was injured and I just forgot about him. Obviously I did a lot of research here not.

Im one of few card carrying members of the Justice Hill club but somehow forgot about him as well.

It sucks. I like Dobbins. Guy cant catch a break.

As stated in the league by-laws under LEAGUE SETTINGS at the very bottom listed in ADDITIONAL LEAGUE RULES in the section labeled VERY FINE PRINT THAT NO ONE EVER BOTHERED TO READ, I am invoking commissioner's privilege to amend the rules at my discretion. I submitted my proposal to the league rules committee (comprised of only me), and the following rule change was voted on and approved unanimously.

Effective immediately, the remainder of the 2023 Anarchy League season has been suspended after Week 1. All scores from Weeks 2-22 will not count in the standings. Therefore, the standings after Week 1 will be considered final. Congratulations to this year's Anarchy League champions:

League 1 - David Yudkin
League 2 - Anarchy99
League 4 - Mr. Landry

Thanks again to all of those that participated. I hope you had an enjoyable season. Best of luck in your other leagues.

Last edited:
The high quality we have come to love over the years. It's why I keep coming back. You can't get treated like this just anywhere anymore. 😂

And the bright side of things is I no longer have to submit my weekly lineups in these leagues. Huge time saver during the week. :laugh:

The high quality we have come to love over the years. It's why I keep coming back. You can't get treated like this just anywhere anymore. 😂

And the bright side of things is I no longer have to submit my weekly lineups in these leagues. Huge time saver during the week. :laugh:
This is what I like to see. Someone with something positive to say about these leagues. You will definitely be invited back next year (if there is a next year).
P.S. - Thank you for your contribution. FYI - You're checked cleared. :thumbup:

Huh. Is the Saints QB getting Taysom Hills rushing yards?
No. Hill's production in our leagues is being counted as TE points. The Saints QB totals so far on the season are 6 rushes for 0 yards. Hill has accumulated 12 rushing attempts for 79 yards.
Oh ok. I was just wondering when I saw Hill ran for 75 yards.

I wasnt sure how your iron fist had decided to handle this.
My iron fist is rusty these days and I am out of WD40. I didn't rule on anything. MFL figured out Hill was a TE for us and has scored things accordingly. With the season already over, and with me anointing myself league champion, the scoring doesn't really matter at this point. But it's nice to know that they are on top of things.

No. Hill's production in our leagues is being counted as TE points. The Saints QB totals so far on the season are 6 rushes for 0 yards. Hill has accumulated 12 rushing attempts for 79 yards.

My iron fist is rusty these days and I am out of WD40. I didn't rule on anything. MFL figured out Hill was a TE for us and has scored things accordingly. With the season already over, and with me anointing myself league champion, the scoring doesn't really matter at this point. But it's nice to know that they are on top of things.
Good to hear it was no trouble for you. Congrats again champ!

Some days it’s good to be the king. Although it is getting tougher to find 15 patsies to beat each year in these leagues. If I can’t figure out ways to win my own leagues, I might as well throw in the towel on fantasy football.

Some days it’s good to be the king. Although it is getting tougher to find 15 patsies to beat each year in these leagues. If I can’t figure out ways to win my own leagues, I might as well throw in the towel on fantasy football.
I have found a recent rekindling of my interest in NFL due to being pretty bored at work.

The Vikings are an abomination to me right now though so not sure how long this might last.

I have been sleeping enough that I have found some new players to research and I might just do that. Who knows?

I even listened to a Vikings podcast last night for the first time in about a year that did the trick of curing my insomnia.

Although they used a thesaurus to describe how bad the Vikings run defense is I was not satisfied with their criticism. They used to be good at that in the Christian Ponder years, how dissapointing that success has made them soft.

I have found a recent rekindling of my interest in NFL due to being pretty bored at work.
I'm glad you have found a spark to keep your interest up. My interest has been in steady decline since the NE 28-3 comeback Super Bowl victory (7 seasons ago). I thought the 2018 Patriots team was boring and their games weren't fun to watch (even though they won). Without Brady or any stars, they really aren't that interesting. I still will watch the games, but mostly on in the background while I do something else. Certainly, they no longer fall in the must-see TV category. I only watch portions of other games if I have time, but I'm just not that into football as much anymore. That's partly due to my friend that I talked football with passed away, and my other local friends aren't really football crazed like he was.

I have tried to stay interested. But honestly it hasnt been the same for me since Moss retired.

The Brett Favre year was fun and weird at the same time.

I had some hope for the Vikings due to the defense in Zimmers early years getting the team back to one I liked to watch. But defense is kind of a dinosaur in the NFL now which makes what offenses do less meaningful to me across the board.

Way too many commercials and I dont pay for the condensed games anymore makes watching it a chore.

I have tried to stay interested. But honestly it hasnt been the same for me since Moss retired.

I had some hope for the Vikings due to the defense in Zimmers early years getting the team back to one I liked to watch. But defense is kind of a dinosaur in the NFL now which makes what offenses do less meaningful to me across the board.

Way too many commercials and I dont pay for the condensed games anymore makes watching it a chore.
Commercials are when you take a leak, get refreshments, check your fantasy scores, and work on your DFS lineups for the next slate.

I'm glad you have found a spark to keep your interest up. My interest has been in steady decline since the NE 28-3 comeback Super Bowl victory (7 seasons ago). I thought the 2018 Patriots team was boring and their games weren't fun to watch (even though they won). Without Brady or any stars, they really aren't that interesting. I still will watch the games, but mostly on in the background while I do something else. Certainly, they no longer fall in the must-see TV category. I only watch portions of other games if I have time, but I'm just not that into football as much anymore. That's partly due to my friend that I talked football with passed away, and my other local friends aren't really football crazed like he was.
The only thing mote surprising than finding you at the top of the standings is finding out that you have friends. :p

Commercials are when you take a leak, get refreshments, check your fantasy scores, and work on your DFS lineups for the next slate.
Take a leak for 4 hours?

Yeah I have tried doing something like you say, do something else while the commercials are on.

I Would be outside enjoying the weather or whatever then miss half of the next drive or all of it. Wonder what happened. Maybe see a few plays before its back to commercial again.

End up missing half the game that way anyways and still watched more commercials than action.

I really prefer to record in Sunday. After church, go out to eat with my wife and the catch up zipping through commercials, sometimes even fastfwd between plays if I want to watch both early games.

1.03 Ja'Marr Chase, CIN WR

Pretty good choice (WR#11). Tyreek Hill would have been better (+110 points).

2.14 Keenan Allen, LAC WR (Go Bears!)

I really wasn't intending to pick up Allen here, but my pre-draft list got taken out in the few picks ahead of me (the last being Amon-Re St. Brown two picks up, grr). At this point Allen is the top WR on the board, and while I have three TEs a notch ahead of him in scoring projections, they're all close enough to each other that I should be able to get one on the turn.

And I love Keenan Allen. 'Nuff said.

Home run (WR#7). More than I really deserved even given the injuries. Did I mention that I love Keenan Allen?

3.03 Evan Engram, JAC TE

Home run (TE#1, position player #3). Also more than I deserved, but in Anarchy, get TEs. Too bad Jacksonville screwed the pooch and missed the playoffs.

4.14 Tyler Higbee, LAR TE

Minor miss (TE#24. but last in a tier; TE#25 is 20 points back). Could have had Cole Kmet (+100 points).

5.03 Christian Kirk, JAC WR

About par except for injury (WR#45 overall, WR#33 in PPG).

6.14 Sam LaPorta, DET TE

Home run (TE#2). Get TEs in Anarchy.

7.03 Michael Thomas, NOS WR
Miss. Injury but that was part of the risk. Could have had Zay Flowers (+115 points)

8.14 Jamaal Williams, NOS RB

Miss (RB#62). Not a lot of other RBs down there though; best plausible choice was maybe Jaylen Warren (+80 points). The real winner would have been Raheem Mostert (+198 points).

9.03 Rashaad Penny, PHI RB

See 8.14.

10.14 De'Von Achane, MIA RB

Ah, what could have been if he stayed healthy. Still a good hit at RB#22.

11.03 Roschon Johnson, CHI RB

About par: picked as RB#48, finished as RB#52. Could have been Chuba Hubbard or Tyler Allgier (+70 points).

12.14 Tampa Bay TMQB

Strategy win; picked at QB#26, finished at replacement level (QB#16).

13.03 Younghee Koo, ATL PK

Yay, he kicked all year (PK#15).

14.14 Greg Zuerlein, NYJ PK

Yay, he kicked all year (PK#12).

15.03 Arizona TMQB

Also a strategy win; picked at QB#28, finished at replacement level (QB#20).

16.14 Marvin Jones, DET WR (Go Bears!)

Miss. Sad to see him go. Could have been Jayden Reed, big props to nittanylion for grabbing that dude late.

17.03 Indianapolis DST

Strategy win: picked as DST#21, finished as DST#11.

18.14 Atlanta DST

Strategy win: picked as DST#31, finished as DST#25.

So, a run near the top of the standings all year, with some remaining chance to win the whole thing in the playoffs, despite doing pretty much squat on research prior to the draft. Standard Anarchy strategy: Get TEs, get WRs, hope for RBs, get PKs who will start all year, and pick up replacement-level QBs and DSTs late.

Always a fun exercise; thanks for organizing as always!

In Anarchy, get TEs.
This is obviously a good strategy . . . when it works.

I took Cmet as TE12 (currently TE8), Ertz TE TE34 (was TE14 when he got hurt and now TE41), and Dulcich TE21 (Got hurt right away and so far TE73).
In L1, I grabbed Hockenson TE5 (now TE3 but will drop a couple spots), Freiermuth TE9 (only at TE30), and Everett TE 19 (currently TE22).

Didn't have the same good fortune as you did.

In Anarchy, get TEs.
This is obviously a good strategy . . . when it works.

I took Cmet as TE12 (currently TE8), Ertz TE TE34 (was TE14 when he got hurt and now TE41), and Dulcich TE21 (Got hurt right away and so far TE73).
In L1, I grabbed Hockenson TE5 (now TE3 but will drop a couple spots), Freiermuth TE9 (only at TE30), and Everett TE 19 (currently TE22).

Didn't have the same good fortune as you did.
Obviously you have to get lucky avoiding injuries too. But it's just such a strong floor that barring injury you'll get 50 receptions for 500 yards and that'll be as much as a top-20 RB. With the possibility of getting 80 receptions for 800 yards and that being as much as RB#1. (Those RBs and WRs can get hurt too; the only reason I'm not #1 at this point is injuries to Achane, K.Allen, and C.Kirk, among other less-substantial players).

Users who are viewing this thread