What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023-24 NBA (Playoffs!) Thread: end of bench player on Knicks roster feeling self-conscious about not having crippling, season-ending injury (13 Viewers)

If Maxi Kleber wasn't hurt, we'd have a fight by the end of the day. He does all the same cheap shot crap SGA and Dort keep doing, but as a German guy, he's way more obnoxious. Dallas showing some veteran savvy not getting baited into this crap.

WTF just happened. Williams the wing tackled Josh Green. They both laid there on the floor and looked at the ref. Everybody kinda stopped. Then Dallas kept playing, missed a shot, got a board, hit a three.

Williams still on ground. Looks serious. Hope it's not. He is fun to watch.

What they let Dort do is such ********. Another straight up tackle. **** this guy. He's the new age Marcus Smart. Flops constantly, cheap shots constantly. Easily my least favorite guy to watch of the entire playoffs this year. Also like Smart, he's actually really good on defense too.

Dort is not even in the same universe as Smart in terms of dirty play, that’s a ridiculous take. Stop complaining and enjoy the game.
We'll agree to disagree. He's tripped guys in 3 games alone as much as Grayson Allen's entire college career.

Real strategy question: if you're Kidd would you take out Lively and Gafford for the hack-a? I say keep em in there.
as soon as they came out the Thunder got 2 offensive boards
Another gem from my wife resulted when they put him back in: Are the skinny guys just playing their own game of tag??? What are they doing while the other guys play?

:lmao:

OMG that was hilarious.

Thunder are just a tad too sloppy on offense it feels like. This is exactly what they need long-term though.

Thunder are just a tad too sloppy on offense it feels like. This is exactly what they need long-term though.
The OKC offense got so bogged down, I wondered if they should put Giddy in. Because his inevitable wide open 3pt attempt may be a better shot than what they were getting

Fun game, but really sloppy.
The officials lost control of this game. There is physical, playoff basketball and then there's what we saw today. Way too many overly physical / cheap plays from both teams. Defenders were allowed to push, hold, and all but tackle for a majority of the game.

15 seconds and Luka tries to draw a foul like Brunson last night instead of just making the play. Trying to be cute.
What else did you want him to do? I thought he was fine.
Well he clearly sees the trap. With enough time for a backoff dribble and move to the middle, or even a good spin move on the interior defender. Alternately, he can attack it, and pick up the dribble, which is going to end in at least a few more second coming off, possibly a foul, and gives him a chance to step through the skinny boys and find the open guy.

Trying to split them with the live dribble when Shai has some of the quickest hands in the league, and slowing enough to try and draw contact, just feels like an odd choice.

Real strategy question: if you're Kidd would you take out Lively and Gafford for the hack-a? I say keep em in there.
as soon as they came out the Thunder got 2 offensive boards
Another gem from my wife resulted when they put him back in: Are the skinny guys just playing their own game of tag??? What are they doing while the other guys play?

:lmao:

OMG that was hilarious.
Tag:

I was cracking up watching the game with my son when this happened. It reminded us both of a game when I was coaching his rec league team in 8th grade. We had a kid on our team (let’s call him Max) who was on the autism spectrum. It was the last game of the season and our playoff seed was locked in so we were running our offense through Max. I told him whenever he didn’t have the ball to run around to find some open space and we’d pass him the ball.

The other team also had a kid on the spectrum on their team and their coach told their player to guard Max and follow him around wherever he went.

At one point in the game, someone else on my team was shooting free throws. Max was in the backcourt behind the shooter. The kid on the other team was still “guarding” Max, so he started running around in circles on the other half of the court while the other kid was chasing him. It was amazing. Nobody in the stands cared about the free throws.

Mavs Thunder was the first playoff game this year (I think, as best I can tell, and based on a stat I heard this morning) where both teams shot the same % from three point range. 11/33 and 10/30.

Coming into the weekend, whichever team shot a higher % from three was 41-10.

Top 4 picks belong to in some order

Washington 14% chance (came in #2)
San Antonio 10.5% chance (came in #5)
Houston via Brooklyn's pick 4.5% (came in #9)
Atlanta 3% (came in #10)

That Brooklyn trade ouch giving Houston unprotected 1st

LFG! Thanks Nets :bow:

ABC totally f'd the headers though which confused me and I thought the Rockets were keeping both picks. They were saying the #3 pick was the Rockets original pick that would convey to OKC unless 1-4 which was false. This was the BK pick. The original Rockets pick did infact convey to OKC at #12 from the Westbrook trade.

ABC totally f'd the headers though which confused me and I thought the Rockets were keeping both picks. They were saying the #3 pick was the Rockets original pick that would convey to OKC unless 1-4 which was false. This was the BK pick. The original Rockets pick did infact convey to OKC at #12 from the Westbrook trade.
I read a bunch of reports how before the Lottery Houston wanted to move this 1st rounder I assume it was because they assumed it would be like pick 9 or 10.
I wonder if they still would move the #3 pick the one thing is if they do they will surely get much more value out of #3 then #9

Ummm....Pacers came to play today.

34-11 so far with just under 2 minutes left in 1st qtr.

I think I can speak for us all in saying we need to see a TJ McConnell vs Peyton Pritchard battle.

I read a bunch of reports how before the Lottery Houston wanted to move this 1st rounder I assume it was because they assumed it would be like pick 9 or 10.
I wonder if they still would move the #3 pick the one thing is if they do they will surely get much more value out of #3 then #9

Yeah, I read the same speculation which made sense because they already have so much young talent that they need to cultivate. If they keep the pick or trade it, I just hope they acquire a sharpshooting G/F. We're probably worse than Orlando when it comes to the deep ball.

That Harden Nets-Houston trade is an all-timer
Yep and that might be my Cavs team fate soon if they can't get Mitchell to sign and extension this offseason which I assume he won't.
The Cavs will have to trade him and Utah owns the next 5 years of Cavs 1st round picks/swaps unprotected.
There was a reason that Utah sent him to the Cavs and not the Knicks besides the Cavs offering more the fact that all those picks were going to come due once Mitchell was likely gone knowing he wouldn't want to stay in Cleveland.

Users who are viewing this thread