What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023-24 NBA (Playoffs!) Thread: end of bench player on Knicks roster feeling self-conscious about not having crippling, season-ending injury (29 Viewers)

The Pacers have sent in 78 calls they are questioning for the first 2 games, lol. How about don’t let Brunson score a gagillion points and play some defense?
78? :lmao:
Seems low. Unless we’re just talking Brunson flops.
Is it just me or is the “flop against a cutter” thing new? Everyone flops on offense, but Brunson is stepping in front of cutters away from the ball and falling down and getting… I guess charges?

Last edited:
Enjoyed getting the nuggets at insane odds to win the title the other day. Still not sure they win this series but the juice was there.

I wasn't sure if Murray not being suspended was a good thing for the Nuggets, but he came out and looked great.

Last night was the first game that the Nuggets looked like the Nuggets this post season. Hopefully they figured something out and it wasn't just a one game thing. Good thing Gobert's wife can't have a second kid this series.

god dammit i knew it
Murray will get super hot shooting for one or two games a series. He needs to not fall off a cliff in game four. Denver isn't advancing without more shooting from MPJ, Reg, Braun, and/or KCP either way. Minnesota is just to good imo. Like the Celtics, I don't expect the Nuggets to keep moving off the ball on the regular like they did last night. They have so much more space to work when they move. It's a huge problem at (most) times for them. Bruce Brown...

Great step forward for Orlando this year. Their future is bright. Nice win for the Cavs as well. Look back through the series—through the first 4 games—Jarrett Allen was their best player—-and they beat a solid Orlando team without arguably their second/third best player. I think that if Allen is healthy—I think the Celtics win in 6 games—with 2-3 of those games being very well contested. If Allen misses some time—I’d predict Boston in 5.
I thought Cleveland would take a game even without Allen. Will be interesting to see the availability of Allen and Porzingis as this series progresses. Nice win for the Cavs- but probably just a bump in the road for the Celts.
On one hand, probably. But on the other hand, the means to that win may not be a fluke (if you squint). That squinting part is Mobley. I figured Mitchell was gonna light a fire under Mobley's *** between games, but that was unexpected. Can he do it again? All the pieces fall in place when he plays like that as Garland's not asked to do too much, Mitchell can pace himself, Okoro and Strus settle into role positions, and we only have a couple CARIS PASS THE ****ING BALL moments instead of constant. Curious what the Celts do to counter assuming Porzingis is still out. Cavs won't take both, but more of that from Mobley (maybe Allen will return and give him more quality rest?) and I like our chances of splitting 3 and 4.
Fair point. While I hate to bring up what the Celtics have done in previous years (as their roster is moderately different this season)—I do think that the loss in the Miami series and the big loss to the Cavs does show that they are an elite team that is still vulnerable to losing because of their style of play. They rely a ton on the three point shot and they tend to give up a lot of 3 point attempts to the opposing team. Last season—an inferior Miami team nearly swept them because they were shooting at an incredible clip from the 3 point line for the first few games—and ended up closing them out in game 7. Also—even teams that are great at shooting—will inevitably have stretches or games where their shot doesn’t fall. Even with Boston’s new roster—offensively—they still very much rely on 3’s—and they defensively—still give up many 3 point attempts. The reason why I felt that Allen (and consequently Mobley) gives Cleveland a chance to be competitive in 5-6 games this series is this: If Allen were healthy—I think the Cleveland defense could be anchored on playing Boston really tight at the 3 pt line—and forcing Boston to drive into a lane clogged by Mobley and Allen. Also—some of the highest percentage 3 point field goals are a result of offensive rebounds. I felt as though if Allen and Mobley were in there cleaning up the boards—-these high percentage three point field goals could be minimized. Mobley effectively played well enough to accomplish those things in the game Cleveland won. If he can do it again—the Cavs could take another one. If Allen comes back and looks halfway decent—I’d actually expect Cleveland to take another one. I personally did not expect Porzingis to play in this series unless it went to game 7–but if he comes back sooner—that also could effect things. With that said—I think Mitchell has shown that when he’s on—he’s good enough to keep his team competitive against almost anybody. He’s a dynamic player.

Dort fouls the **** out of Luka for 3 straight minutes on both ends, then Luka flops and thats the one they call. That right there is why players flop.

And then it got upheld still lol. Weakest foul of the game and yet it's the only one called.

In case anyone is tracking, these guys all have "the total package":

Luka Doncic
SGA
Lu Dort
PJ Washington
Kyrie Irving

And it's only the 2nd quarter! Amazing how complete and completely amazing so many players are today. Thanks Hubie.

Well so far, the refs suck. the announcers suck

Let's see what else
It is astonishing. Hubie Brown is at the point of his career where I would LOVE to talk and learn basketball from him, but the pace of a game is just too much IMO.

Agreed.

Lost his fastball, for sure
You can tell becuase whenever there's a stoppage, or coming back from break, he has great insights. As soon as the game gets moving again though...oof.

Users who are viewing this thread