What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023-24 NBA (Playoffs!) Thread: end of bench player on Knicks roster feeling self-conscious about not having crippling, season-ending injury (98 Viewers)

nyk continue to amaze me. as a long time fan, it’s been one of the most enjoyable groups. i am still amazed that they opened the season starting robinson (dead), randle (dead), barrett (traded), grimes (traded) and brunson. too bad they are running out of guys and thibs is going full wilt chamberlain on playing time. i can’t honestly blame him. the bench is empty, burks and sims are the only guys that don’t play that he might be forced to give some minutes to. otherwise, he has a 2 man bench now in achiuwa and mcdeuce. doubt he’d try shake milton.

A good Phoenix team? :lmao:
It's easy to clown them after they got swept, but they won 49 games and were a 6 seed in a tough west. Finished the year at #10 offensive rating, #13 defensive rating, and #8 in net rating.
This. While Phoenix is a flawed team—nobody thought that they were trash that the Wolves were going to sweep. That was an even money series when it started, and even with the Suns flaws—nobody would have been surprised if they made it to the second round. I feel like there is a lot of hindsight going on in here. Objectively—the talent of the Suns alone makes them a legitimate threat. Instead of claiming that the Suns suck—let’s look at the Wolves objectively. They have played 6 games so far this post season. Two of them have been at home, two on the road at Phoenix, and two on the road at Denver. Not only are they 6-0–but their margin of victory this far is 15.5 points. The only teams that have had better margins of victory so far have been the Celtics (who played a decimated heat team and a Cavs team missing Jarrett Allen), and the Thunder (who played a New Orleans team missing Zion, and are now playing a Dallas team with a badly hobbled Luka and with no Kleber). I would personally say that the Wolves made the Suns look like they suck because they have been playing unbelievable basketball for the past 6 games.

Only 5 teams have come back from being the home team and going down 0-2

-2021 Clippers over Mavs
-2017 Celtics over Bulls
-2005 Mavs over Rockets
-1994 Rockets over Suns
-1969 Lakers over Rockets

Wasn't this the SF Warriors?

Probably. The San Diego Rockets were just an expansion team around that time and likely not playoff contenders.
Wiki shows that the Rockets made it to the playoffs for the first time that year.

Got beat by the Atlanta Hawks, 4-2
Yeah, so quit your whining @AAABatteries

Shaq having a meltdown because Joker won the MVP over SGA

More than a bit awkward
Shaq is a jackass. The only reason he is good on that show is because of how he can goad Charles into humorous moments. Shaq's consistently has takes that make you think he is just not very bright.

Brunson hit it the nuts and holding his groin...

Reggie> it was knee to knee

:lmao:

More than a bit awkward
Shaq is a jackass. The only reason he is good on that show is because of how he can goad Charles into humorous moments. Shaq's consistently has takes that make you think he is just not very bright.

Didn't see the segment today about the MVP, but I don't actually think they are Shaq's takes a lot of the time. I think he is playing the hot take/antagonizer to Charles role.

More than a bit awkward

Didn't see the segment today about the MVP, but I don't actually think they are Shaq's takes a lot of the time. I think he is playing the hot take/antagonizer to Charles role.
I don't think it's that orchestrated

Ernie was pretty shocked that Shaq would keep hammering/repeating his opinion

More than a bit awkward

I don't think it is all scripted. I think Shaq is told to be different then the rest of the crew and then he decides how much or little he decides to be different. Sometimes he goes overboard.

Sucks if Brunson is out for a period of time. You don't want to see teams lose because their best player goes down....even if it is the Knicks.

More than a bit awkward

I don't think it is all scripted. I think Shaq is told to be different then the rest of the crew and then he decides how much or little he decides to be different. Sometimes he goes overboard.
Shaq has always been petty - I always felt like the part of the animosity of the Kobe-Shaq stuff was Kobe's popularity. I like him on the show though.

Him telling Jokic he shouldn't have been MVP was unprofessional but I don't think Jokic cares and Jokic moved past it with humor and it was all good. Shaq railing for SGA as hard as he was tonight was weird though, it's not like it was a close vote.

More than a bit awkward

The gas discussion was surely scripted.

https://www.facebook.com/NBAONTNT/v...st-way-to-save-gas-mileage/10160550457930724/

More than a bit awkward

Shaq has always been petty - I always felt like the part of the animosity of the Kobe-Shaq stuff was Kobe's popularity. I like him on the show though.

Him telling Jokic he shouldn't have been MVP was unprofessional but I don't think Jokic cares and Jokic moved past it with humor and it was all good. Shaq railing for SGA as hard as he was tonight was weird though, it's not like it was a close vote.

Just watched the clip of it. That was really awkward.

I think this is the example of Shaq being told to be different and him going way to far.

More than a bit awkward

Just watched the clip of it. That was really awkward.

I think this is the example of Shaq being told to be different and him going way to far.
I think he's just different

And he doesn't pump his own gas

I’m happy for Knicks fans. They have been through a lot and it’s nice to see them happy about a team that they can really get behind. I have to say that while Halliburton, Turner, and Siakam are good players—-the fact that they didn’t even look like the 5th or 6th best players in the second half after a hobbled Brunson, Hart, divencinzo, Hartenstein and McConnell is troubling. If they are going to be that irrelevant in the second halves of playoff games, the Pacers need to figure out some roster moves in the off season.

More than a bit awkward

Agreed. And it's a bit strange how Shaq had not much good to say about Kobe for the longest time, but since Kobe's untimely death, Shaq talks about him with so much affection that you'd think they were blood brothers. Maybe it took Kobe dying for Shaq to have the balls to say good things about him publicly, but it comes off as hollow to me.

More than a bit awkward

Agreed. And it's a bit strange how Shaq had not much good to say about Kobe for the longest time, but since Kobe's untimely death, Shaq talks about him with so much affection that you'd think they were blood brothers. Maybe it took Kobe dying for Shaq to have the balls to say good things about him publicly, but it comes off as hollow to me.
To be fair to Shaq, I think that part of the reason the relationship went south was also Kobe being an egomaniac who expected everybody to care about basketball as much as he did, and basketball was rarely the only thing that Shaq was concerned about. It was probably like a bad breakup or divorce where time ultimately healed most of the petty ******** on both sides that soured the relationship - there was a lot of good times before things went bad. Even prior to Kobe's death, it seemed like they had made amends.

More than a bit awkward

To be fair to Shaq, I think that part of the reason the relationship went south was also Kobe being an egomaniac who expected everybody to care about basketball as much as he did, and basketball was rarely the only thing that Shaq was concerned about. It was probably like a bad breakup or divorce where time ultimately healed most of the petty ******** on both sides that soured the relationship - there was a lot of good times before things went bad. Even prior to Kobe's death, it seemed like they had made amends.
Also because when Kobe was being arrested on rape charges he dropped little accusations like this.

More than a bit awkward

Also because when Kobe was being arrested on rape charges he dropped little accusations like this.
I don't remember that from a couple decades ago. Not a great look for Shaq, regardless of if he was actually paying women off or what he was paying them for. I could see why that would piss him off.

More than a bit awkward

That certainly did not help but it was not the genesis of the feud. Their problems went all the way back to 1996, which was 7 years before this allegation.

Users who are viewing this thread