What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023-24 NBA (Playoffs!) Thread: end of bench player on Knicks roster feeling self-conscious about not having crippling, season-ending injury (19 Viewers)

The Heat are a team that I don’t fully trust. I feel like they are a team that has the upside of making the conference finals or finals, but I just don’t see them as a team that has much of a chance to go all of the way this season. People bring up last seasons playoffs. Last season’s playoffs did not end well at all for the Heat. After getting up 3-0 against the Celtics—-they lost 3 out of the last 4 games in that series and proceeded to lose the series to the Nuggets four games to 1. They effectively went 2-7 the last 9 games of the playoffs. They beat the Bucks and Knicks last year because of some historically good 3-point shooting by guys like Gabe Vincent. When that shooting came back to Earth, they fizzled out. I certainly think they can win a round or two, but in terms of being a threat to go all of the way— they aren’t in my top 10.

100%. It's not really fair to judge them too harshly under Doc... they haven't been healthy since he started
Huh? Dame missed one game since Doc took over. Giannis, Lopez, Middleton have played in every game. Their top 9 has played in almost every game besides the one Dame missed
You serious, Clark? Might want to go back and double-check that, fella.
:popcorn:

Just cause I'm sick of being fact-checked by moops, it would be nice if he made a mistake for once.

100%. It's not really fair to judge them too harshly under Doc... they haven't been healthy since he started
Huh? Dame missed one game since Doc took over. Giannis, Lopez, Middleton have played in every game. Their top 9 has played in almost every game besides the one Dame missed

Just cause I'm sick of being fact-checked by moops, it would be nice if he made a mistake for once.

I for one am going to embrace our new fact checking overlord. All hail and long live moops.

He did. Heck, when is the last game Middleton played? That alone makes him wrong. Dame and Giannis have been on the injury report nearly every game since Doc took over. I get that lots of guys aren't 100%, but Eric Nehm and other Bucks reporters have confirmed that both have been close to missing multiple games. My statement that they haven't been healthy is not incorrect.

Just curious how much an advantage is there in being a 1-seed these days? In the past 10 years, the top seed in the East only made it to the finals once (CLE in 2015-16). The top seed had fared much better in the West, with the 1-seed making the Finals 7 of the past 10 years.

East seeds in the Finals: 7, 2, 3, 5, 2, 4, 2, 1, 2, 2
West seeds in the Finals: 1, 3, 2, 1, 1, 2, 1, 1, 1, 1

He did. Heck, when is the last game Middleton played? That alone makes him wrong. Dame and Giannis have been on the injury report nearly every game since Doc took over. I get that lots of guys aren't 100%, but Eric Nehm and other Bucks reporters have confirmed that both have been close to missing multiple games. My statement that they haven't been healthy is not incorrect.
Middleton playing 4 of the 9 games and Lopez playing 6 of the 9 games under Doc doesn't equal the 3 of them playing every game?

Those 3 have all played in 2 of the 9 games...

Middleton played 8 minutes on 2/6. he has not played in any of the last 4 games.

Doc first game as HC 1/29 - Bucks have played 8 games since. Middleton has played in 3 games + 8 minutes of a 4th.

Middleton played 8 minutes on 2/6. he has not played in any of the last 4 games.

Doc first game as HC 1/29 - Bucks have played 8 games since. Middleton has played in 3 games + 8 minutes of a 4th.

Brook missed several games for the birth of his child since Doc joined. The silver lining was we saw Robin Lopez start two games before he was traded.

I am wrong way more than right. It's just that you are like never correct so...

Dallas whooped the Spurs. Owned the boards, which is amazing. PJ another great game, this time without even scoring much. Gravity and actual defense are such a breath of fresh air.
It's not every day you see a 7th seed dog walk the last place team in the conference.
I mean it should be many days.

Post trade Dallas has:
1. Beat a great team handily
2. Had a terrible night and still scrape it out against a terrible team
3. Dominate a bad team

That's what good teams do. Dallas last season or the first half of this season loses at least one and possibly two of those games.

Small ample size, yada yada, but the Lakers offense has been cooking lately. In the month of February, they have 4 guys averaging 20 points and 5 assists per game.

LeBron - 24/8
AD - 25/5
DLo - 20/8
Reaves - 20/7

a couple guys at another forum i visit tested and confirmed this works

Not sure how long it will last, but it just worked for me. You can just use promo code ALLSTARTATUM after selecting the monthly subscription option to get the free year.

Worked for me

I just missed it little earlier - snoozin'& losin' going on over here. I've already got league pass for the remainder of the season, but a little extra for the first half of next season could have been put to good use.

Beasley and Dame are such bad defenders. It's hard enough to win with one subpar defender. It's really really hard when both your backcourt guys are this bad

holy crap, Lillard wtf was that?

i really just realized that Memphis was playing its 5 best guys and not the end of the bench in a 3 pt game. and they still beat the Bucks.

Vince Williams Jr 2.2 million
Santi Aldama 2.2 million
Trey Jameson 2-way
Ziaire Williams 4.8 million
Jordan Goodwin 10-day
GG Jackson 2 million
Lamar Stevens 2.1 million
Jacob Gilyard 2-way
Yuta Watanabe 2.3 million

Vince Williams Jr 2.2 million
Santi Aldama 2.2 million
Trey Jameson 2-way
Ziaire Williams 4.8 million
Jordan Goodwin 10-day
GG Jackson 2 million
Lamar Stevens 2.1 million
Jacob Gilyard 2-way
Yuta Watanabe 2.3 million
Any team can have an off night or two, even the best.

But the Bucks are having an off 2 weeks and losing to G-league teams. 3-7 over their last 10. I know their defense isn't as good, Middleton is continuing to regress, they've been banged up and Doc isn't a good coach...but tonight was another bad loss in a long stretch of bad losses.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread