What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023-2024 NBA Salary Cap Draft - SECOND Annual Battle for the Wikkid Cup - Preseason Rankings are In! (3 Viewers)

Team Trader Jake
ATL SG Bogdan Bogdanović $18.7 mil

Vet that knew how to play from day 1 in the NBA after playing overseas when he was younger. Solid ~40% 3pt shooting wing that often serves as a secondary creator while defending 1-3.

Love his game, especially with other good players that move the ball. Thought he would have been a great fit with my Bangos the past few seasons (the trade that got away) and would love to see him play someday with a player like Joker, Giannis, Luka, etc.

For this squad he'll come off the bench 1-3 and run the 2nd unit at times when Ja Morant rests.

When Ja Morant “rests”
Correct (we are building "real life" teams here, right?).

I do think a lot of people are now seeing how important Ja Morant is to the success of the Grizzlies. I just hope Memphis strings together enough wins during his suspension to keep the playoffs as a realistic proposition. So far, it's not been great.

When Ja Morant “rests”

I do think a lot of people are now seeing how important Ja Morant is to the success of the Grizzlies. I just hope Memphis strings together enough wins during his suspension to keep the playoffs as a realistic proposition. So far, it's not been great.
I don't expect much will change when he does return. They just lost too much talented glue from last season imo.

When Ja Morant “rests”

I don't expect much will change when he does return. They just lost too much talented glue from last season imo.
You could be correct. I do trust Taylor Jenkins, but they are really struggling to find their rotation right now. Been waiting for the team to push some chips in to land another wing for years, but with their start it may not be this season.

When Ja Morant “rests”

You could be correct. I do trust Taylor Jenkins, but they are really struggling to find their rotation right now. Been waiting for the team to push some chips in to land another wing for years, but with their start it may not be this season.
I don't think Stevie A or B Clarke can come back this year. Dillon B is a pia, but he will be missed of course. Tyus also moved on in trade, but Smart should be able to cover those loses. The frontcourt will be the issue in the playoffs...if they actually get in. Maybe there is a deal to be made somewhere. I dunno.

I don't love this pick for a lot of reasons, but I need a fairly cheap big that is actually getting 10-15 minutes per night.

JaVale McGee, C, Sac, $8,930,728​

He’s making the minimum this year and I might have taken him early if he was making that much in this exercise.

I don't love this pick for a lot of reasons, but I need a fairly cheap big that is actually getting 10-15 minutes per night.

He’s making the minimum this year and I might have taken him early if he was making that much in this exercise.
He gets knocked as a goofy player, but is really quite good. Great shot blocker, good rebounder, high % shot taker.

He gets knocked as a goofy player, but is really quite good. Great shot blocker, good rebounder, high % shot taker.
Although was weirdly none of those things in Dallas all year despite it being exactly what was needed...

Although was weirdly none of those things in Dallas all year despite it being exactly what was needed...

Kidd. Any questions?

As I mentioned in the NBA thread, he brings equal measure of basketball stupidity and highlight level playmaking, often in the same trip up the court.

can we draft 2 way guys?
No, they don’t count as “regular” nba contracts and don’t count towards the salary cap so we exclude them until the players are converted to full contracts.
Yeah i wanted to draft Matt Ryan like 8 rounds ago lol
The Lakers had home court in their play in game last season thanks to one of Ryan’s few baskets for the team - a crazy game winner early in the season.

I was eyeing Day'Ron as well. He finally looks like a competent player after terrible rookie and sophomore seasons. Claxton may be out another month or so with this nasty high ankle sprain.

I was eyeing Day'Ron as well. He finally looks like a competent player after terrible rookie and sophomore seasons. Claxton may be out another month or so with this nasty high ankle sprain.
He was on my team last year and was meh, so I just looked past him.

Dang. Just did some re-evaluating of things and missed a great opportunity. LeVert isn't bad pick at this point, but there was a better option for sure.

Team Trader Jake
HOU SF Cam Whitmore $3.2 mil

Talent grab on a deep bench spot here. Last year went with OKC wing Jaylin Williams as my shot, hoping for good results again.

FIBA under 18 MVP, won Big East freshman of the year at Villanova, and for some reason fell to #20 in the NBA draft. ?? The Rockets rookie then won Summer League MVP. Houston isn't going anywhere again, we'll see how long it takes them to figure out Whitmore should be on the court.

Last edited:
Yo Mama selects:

13.04 - Isaiah Livers - SF, Det
$1,836,096

He’s hurt right now, but he provides some decent shooting and defense on the wing that the Pistons could really use right now (the shooting part).

Team Trader Jake
HOU SF Cam Whitmore $3.2 mil

Talent grab on a deep bench spot here. Last year went with OKC wing Jaylin Williams as my shot, hoping for good results again.

FIBA under 18 MVP, won Big East freshman of the year at Villanova, and for some reason fell to #20 in the NBA draft. ?? The Rockets rookie then won Summer League MVP. Houston isn't going anywhere again, we'll see how long it takes them to figure out Whitmore should be in the court.
I looked at him...he's listed at #2 on the official depth chart but has only played 11 total minutes in 2 of their 5 games. Not sure why Houston isn't getting him out there more.

Portland is playing their 2nd round pick Toumani Camara 24.6 mpg because they are committed to their youth movement and I think Houston should be doing the same with Whitmore.

Yo Mama selects:

13.04 - Isaiah Livers - SF, Det
$1,836,096

He’s hurt right now, but he provides some decent shooting and defense on the wing that the Pistons could really use right now (the shooting part).
I like him as a player. I'm just not sure he'll ever be healthy for long enough to contribute.

Jericho Sims, PF/C, NYK, 1,927,896​

Hasn't been getting the minutes this years, but they will come. He will never be confused with Dennis Rodman, but he's a capable rebounder if he ever sees the court

Users who are viewing this thread