What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023-2024 NBA Salary Cap Draft - SECOND Annual Battle for the Wikkid Cup - Preseason Rankings are In! (1 Viewer)

Sorry for the delay, was getting the kids to bed. And my list was decimated in these last 10 picks, haha.

8.18 - Tre Jones, PG, SAS, $9,895,833

For some reason, Popovich is starting Sochan at PG, but Jones is the only real point guard on that roster. Nothing flashy, but will provide a steady hand getting the offense set up and about average defense.

@Jayrod is up

Man, Denver could sure use Bruce Brown and Greenie tonight. They are ice cold, and yes the refs are bad both ways, but the lack of energy is the huge problem imo.

Man, Denver could sure use Bruce Brown and Greenie tonight. They are ice cold, and yes the refs are bad both ways, but the lack of energy is the huge problem imo.
Jeff Green blows. And it's the starters killing them not the bench.

Hi all - I'm on the West Coast, so I probably won't pick until around 7:30am pacific.

Unless of course ChemX shows up and this thing rolls.

I'm pretty happy with how my team has come along thus far. This is a really interesting draft and I've loved seeing all the strategies. I think my team has a lot of playmakers who are comfortable with the ball in their hands, and outside of one particular glaring exception, a defensive minded team that can score and shares the ball.

PG James Harden - Obvious deficit defensively, but I needed an elite offensive playmaker. Premier scorer, great distributor of the ball, good rebounder for his position. Not a great defender but does get his share of steals. Not the best locker room guy (understatement I know).
SG - Dejounte Murray - Can play point as well. Great facilitator, capable scorer. Very good defensively and good rebounder at the 2.
SF - Desmond Bane - Love how he plays. Gritty, can facilitate, another really good defender (which we need to cover up Harden's liabilities). Good shooter, scoring continues to grow at a good rate. Undersized a bit for a SF and not a particularly good glass guy. Really great value at $3.8M
PF - Kristaps Porzingis - Of all my picks probably the one I feel like I reached the most on. I was in the car driving to the beach. I wanted a stretch 4/5 and his skillset meshes nicely with what I wanted to do. I really like him with Boston and think it will really help his game. He's always been a capable scorer and decent rebounder. Good rim protection, comfortable with the ball in his hands. Good shooter for a stretch big. As always with him, health will be the key.
C - Nic Claxton - Really wanted a big rim protector who can finish around the rim and think he's a great value. Averaged 2.5 blocks in his first year as a starter. High percentage shooter (70%) just finishing around the rim. Good rebounder.

Bench - Tyus Jones has long been described as one of the best backup PGs in the league and that's what he'll be here as well. Comfortable coming off the bench and bringing high energy. Was expecting him to be my starter until I picked Harden. Team first guy who will let Harden eat
Onyeka Okongwu - A big with a lot of upside, particularly if Clint Capela goes down or gets traded. Another defensive minded big with a lot of athleticism taking high percentage shots.
Deni Avdija - I needed another wing and like his upside. A bit of a late bloomer. As someone mentioned, if he could find his shot it would help him a lot. Here's hoping he finds it :) To date he has not. To his credit, he doesn't jack a lot of threes and has a decent overall FG%. Decent rebounder.

9.2 - Jusuf Nurkic, C PHX $16,875,000

He looks better than he did the last couple of years in Portland and has added a 3-pt shot to his repertoire these last 2 seasons. Should average around 12/10 and I'll have a solid vet to use in case Lively doesn't pan out.

Team Jayrod

Guards - Maxey, Brogdon, Herro
Wings - Wagner, Butler, Ziaire
Bigs - Nurkic, Lively, Portis

That's a lot of versatility, high level scoring, excellent 3-pt shooting and decent defense. Lively's development, Butler's health and Ziaire's playing time are the only question marks. Obviously a major injury could derail the whole thing, but I'm liking this team much better than my team last season.

Team Trader Jake
9.04 MEM SG/SF John Konchar $2.4 mil

Another bench wing for cheap because you can never have too many of those. Hits 37-38% from deep, is a good rebounder for his position, gets a lot of steals, and always has a positive bpm on defense.
I was hoping he'd come back around to me. Wanted to pick him with that last pick, but felt like Nurkic was more important to my team. Almost took him over Ziaire, but seems like he is 2 spots behind Ziaire in the depth chart.

Read this article on the guy and sounds like a cool dude. Apparently I'm not the only one who feels that way.

Team Trader Jake
9.04 MEM SG/SF John Konchar $2.4 mil

Another bench wing for cheap because you can never have too many of those. Hits 37-38% from deep, is a good rebounder for his position, gets a lot of steals, and always has a positive bpm on defense.
I was hoping he'd come back around to me. Wanted to pick him with that last pick, but felt like Nurkic was more important to my team. Almost took him over Ziaire, but seems like he is 2 spots behind Ziaire in the depth chart.

Read this article on the guy and sounds like a cool dude. Apparently I'm not the only one who feels that way.
Appreciate the links Jayrod (they do capture the player). The Grizz have been one of my main league pass teams the last few years, and Konchar isn't just some data based nerd's dream ...he's legit. You try not to hype up bench guys too much, but per minute the guy is a killer. Love his game.

I might have been able to grab him later, but I don't trust @thecatch with two more picks before I get another. So I present last year's EuroLeague MVP:

Sasha Vezenkov, PF, Sac, $6,341,464​

He's another player that I think might have a waaaay better season than expected year. He can flat out shoot, and despite concerns, he's been able to keep up with the speed at which Mike Brown demands of his players. He's also been a better rebounder than I expected as well. Just seems like a really smart basketball player that can do a lot of things to help his team win. His minutes will continue to climb.

I might have been able to grab him later, but I don't trust @thecatch with two more picks before I get another. So I present last year's EuroLeague MVP:

He's another player that I think might have a waaaay better than expected year. He can flat out shoot, and despite concerns, he's been able to keep up with the speed at which Mike Brown demands of his players. He's also been a better rebounder than I expected as well. Just seems like a really smart basketball player that can do a lot of things to help his team win.
:lmao: You were indeed wise to grab him before I came up again.

He's another player that I think might have a waaaay better than expected year. He can flat out shoot, and despite concerns, he's been able to keep up with the speed at which Mike Brown demands of his players. He's also been a better rebounder than I expected as well. Just seems like a really smart basketball player that can do a lot of things to help his team win.
:lmao: You were indeed wise to grab him before I came up again.
He was on my short list as well.

Just a reminder as we get further along here (mainly for me and the college kids right now) - the maximum salary number on the team tab in the google workbook assumes you can fill the remainder of your spots with $1.8M players. Might be safer to use $2.0 or higher as a proxy the more spots you have to fill since there are limited super low salary players out there.

9.10 G Keyonte George, $3,889,776.

Although I have enough ball handling (including PG Jeremy Sochan on the bench), I could use more of a pure guard with my second unit. George has looked really good in both summer league and so far this season. I suspect this pick will look even better by the end of the season.

Just a reminder as we get further along here (mainly for me and the college kids right now) - the maximum salary number on the team tab in the google workbook assumes you can fill the remainder of your spots with $1.8M players. Might be safer to use $2.0 or higher as a proxy the more spots you have to fill since there are limited super low salary players out there.
I went ahead and changed the formula to $2.0M as minimum.....would get messy if we had someone go over. Lots of accusations and anger, cats and dogs living together, mass hysteria.

Users who are viewing this thread