What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2022 Philadelphia Eagles - Leave Gannon in Arizona and let’s run through the NFC again in 2023. (3 Viewers)

The Noid said:
NYG are hiring Eagles Director of Player Personnel, Brandon Brown. Going to be Assistant GM, just like Ian Cunningham who left for the Bears last week.

Assistant GM Factory, baby!

The Noid said:
Gannon has been notified he’s no longer in the running for the HOU job, so looks like he’s back!
The above 2 kind of tie together. It’s strange how fans see things yet the league seems to see them the complete opposite. 

The general consensus is that our front office and DC. Gannon gets a a lot of HC’ing interviews and our front office doesn’t churn out a lot of people as well. 

It’s hard to say how much the front office guys do exactly to have an opinion about them leaving. On the other side I am happy we are keeping all of our coaches. I think that goes a long way and I’m hoping we add more talent on defense to see what Gannon can do. 

yeah, the bar is so incredibly low after Urban. Primary goal is to "fix" any damage done to Lawrence.  If he can get 4 to 6 wins total  in a weak AFC South next year, he'll be fine.  Functional and competitive would be a huge upgrade.
I’ll never understand why some teams will get a college coach for a team that so bad. If anything they need a veteran, even if it’s a retread, to help show them the right way initially. I don’t see how a college coach can do that. I think just Doug’s experience and fact he has a ring helps with the players there. I’d expect an improvement right away compared to what we’ve seen from them the last few years. 

The above 2 kind of tie together. It’s strange how fans see things yet the league seems to see them the complete opposite. 

The general consensus is that our front office and DC. Gannon gets a a lot of HC’ing interviews and our front office doesn’t churn out a lot of people as well. 

It’s hard to say how much the front office guys do exactly to have an opinion about them leaving. On the other side I am happy we are keeping all of our coaches. I think that goes a long way and I’m hoping we add more talent on defense to see what Gannon can do. 

I’ll never understand why some teams will get a college coach for a team that so bad. If anything they need a veteran, even if it’s a retread, to help show them the right way initially. I don’t see how a college coach can do that. I think just Doug’s experience and fact he has a ring helps with the players there. I’d expect an improvement right away compared to what we’ve seen from them the last few years. 

Doug got players to play.  Take away that last abortion of a season when we have 23 different O Line combos and Wentz turned into a pumpkin - and the teams were always competitive. I do think he'll be a good coach for them.

Doug got players to play.  Take away that last abortion of a season when we have 23 different O Line combos and Wentz turned into a pumpkin - and the teams were always competitive. I do think he'll be a good coach for them.
Im going to hold off for a couple years to see with him. While we had injuries he had some VERY bad in game decisions that didn’t exist a couple years prior. At the same time I think the first couple will be good for them just due to his experience. 

And from a fantasy perspective I expect to see Lawrence jump into the top 8-10 next year. Maybe even higher. Dough is going to throw a lot regardless 

Im going to hold off for a couple years to see with him. While we had injuries he had some VERY bad in game decisions that didn’t exist a couple years prior. At the same time I think the first couple will be good for them just due to his experience. 

And from a fantasy perspective I expect to see Lawrence jump into the top 8-10 next year. Maybe even higher. Dough is going to throw a lot regardless 

Travis Etienne just became fantasy valuable too and I picked him up and stashed him on IR in my keeper league 

NFL announced the international games this season: 3 London, 1 Mexico, 1 Germany. 

I will be super miffed if the first time we have 9 home games under the new 17 game schedule and one of them is a foreign game  :angry:

NFL announced the international games this season: 3 London, 1 Mexico, 1 Germany. 

I will be super miffed if the first time we have 9 home games under the new 17 game schedule and one of them is a foreign game  :angry:

If we do get a game and it's inGermany my Cousin will be ecstatic.He's in Stutagrad working for Lochhead Martin for 2 yrs and can't travel home. He has free reign on weekends and would definitely go to the Frankfurt game. I think Germany is a better place for these international games then England is because of how snobby and arrogant the English are about American Football. Most of the people going to the games are from outside of England, English fans who are married to an American or something like that. Another place would be interesting is Italy since they have an American style football league. Georgio Tevecchio the former Raiders kicker is in the league. 

I don't really like the International games outside of preseason as I think it's a rip off to season ticket holders who have to pay for the tickets like they are getting that home game when they aren't. 

“The #Jaguars agreed to terms with Press Taylor as their offensive coordinator, source said. ”

Doug gonna be fired in 2 seasons

Taylor is an interesting case. According to the sources I have Press has a love him or hate him. There's people who think he has a great football mind and can be a great coach where others think he's a good guy but question some of his offensive ideas as too video gameish or not realistic. There doesn't seem to be a happy median. 

Taylor is an interesting case. According to the sources I have Press has a love him or hate him. There's people who think he has a great football mind and can be a great coach where others think he's a good guy but question some of his offensive ideas as too video gameish or not realistic. There doesn't seem to be a happy median. 
My point is that Doug seems back to his old ways and can’t seem to generate any outside interest from good coaches. I saw one beat in Jacksonville refer to them as Philly south because of his coaching hires so far. 

I don’t know much about Taylor but he hasn’t had a unit or position excel since he’s coached it and I have no clue what he’s done to be an OC. 

Daboll seems to be putting together a nice staff. If they get Wilson or Watson they can be a problem very fast in the division. 

They just hired Mike Grohl too who was our 3rd down designer. He was literally scapegoated for the poor performances though. The one thing as aposition coach if you are on Doug's staff is things get divided up. One guy is in charge of the run game, another pass game/etc. 

Bigboy10182000 said:
Daboll seems to be putting together a nice staff. If they get Wilson or Watson they can be a problem very fast in the division. 
Their Achilles heel is their O-Line (and has been for years), and that has been hard to overcome. It's very impressive when it does happen (Burrow this year, Wilson in Seattle, Randall with us, Rodgers a few times in GB) but it's not common, and Jones doesn't seem like someone who can do it. They need a major upgrade at QB, OL or both before I will see them as a contender for best team in the division. 

Jim Bob Cooter is leaving the Eagles from an advisory role to take a job on Pederson's Jags staff. Philly South is coming in pretty good 

Wild. Surprised they would straight cut him. Still think he showed enough improvement from 2020 to see if there is a path forward...but then, we aren't seeing how practice and the meeting rooms are going.

Unless their plan is to make a play for Rodgers, Watson, or WIlson....he still seems like hes a better option then a replacement...

Pip's Invitation said:
It could be speculation that a reporter ran with. It could also be an impulsive decision from Irsay, who is not the most rational or controlled guy. 
Isray isn't the mostt rational and Mort has been the last few yrs tried to make hit pieces of speculation over the last few yrs. My guess is because of the options they stick with Wentz for next year. They are in the same boat as we are. if there was a better option I think either or both is gone 

Just reminiscing a little bit, Wentz Goff draft was thought to be a good QB class, right? I remember i wanted the Eagles to end up with Goff because I thought he was going to pan out better than Wentz, I was way off on that. But now Rams win the SB one year removed from Goff and Eagles look much better off without Wentz. To be fair, he gave us one good year.

Looking at that draft a bit more, the only QB worth a darn got took in the fourth round and in a draft that included Tyreek, MT, Henry and Zeke, we have Jordan Howard (not that we drafted him). Fun times.

Looking at that draft a bit more, the only QB worth a darn got took in the fourth round and in a draft that included Tyreek, MT, Henry and Zeke, we have Jordan Howard (not that we drafted him). Fun times.
Zeke was a "hit" talent-wise but it was a bad idea to take him at 4. The Cowboys should have taken Ramsey. 

Howard went three picks before we took Wendell Smallwood. 😆That draft was considered to be deep at RB, but in retrospect it really wasn't once you got past Zeke and Henry. 

Even before watching that I would bet my mortgage that if we keep all 3 picks, at least 2 of them will be DL. 

I hope we keep all the picks.   All defense. 2 line and a cb.   If they wanna draft a wr that's OK.  But man we need dt since cox is pretty much done.   Get that Georgia dt, a pass rusher and a cb.  That would be great

I hope we keep all the picks.   All defense. 2 line and a cb.   If they wanna draft a wr that's OK.  But man we need dt since cox is pretty much done.   Get that Georgia dt, a pass rusher and a cb.  That would be great
i really want them to get a 2023 1st, just in case.

Just reminiscing a little bit, Wentz Goff draft was thought to be a good QB class, right? I remember i wanted the Eagles to end up with Goff because I thought he was going to pan out better than Wentz, I was way off on that. But now Rams win the SB one year removed from Goff and Eagles look much better off without Wentz. To be fair, he gave us one good year.

I remember a lot of people wanting Zeke over the QBs. Dal shouldn't have taken him at 4. RBs aren't that valued anymore and their shelf life is shorter then getting a possible franchise QB or top WR, LT or DL guy. Dal is stuck with that awful contract and Zeke looks much slower then Tony Pollard. Zeke still has a game here and there where he's one but few and far between as a game changer anymore. Overall I'm still happy where we ended up here. 

As for QB's worth a darn I don't think Prescott is really anything special. He's been bad in big games and on a godawful contract. Take away Cooper and some of Dak's other weapons and he's a pretty avg QB best. 

After watching the Rams DL I almost feel like we need to add a DT and DE early on. 

I also think we shouldn't go crazy paying Miles Sanders. Ruben Frank did a great story on this today and they looked at a chart of SB winning teams and their investment at RB. Non of the teams spent heavy on RB. Also looking at the numbers with Stoutland and our O-line I think we can put any RB back there and he'd do well. 

Just based on talking to the people I know who know how Howie thinks he's gonna try and hopefully get a 1 for 23 out of one of the 3 ones or at least trade back and get extra picks here. Howie wants to get a high % chance of taking a good QB in next years draft. I could also see them maybe trading down with another of the 2nd rounders for more picks too. 

A lot of people think and assume we are guaranteed to keep all 3 picks however I don't see that happening and I'd honestly be shocked if that happens. 

I also think we shouldn't go crazy paying Miles Sanders. Ruben Frank did a great story on this today and they looked at a chart of SB winning teams and their investment at RB. Non of the teams spent heavy on RB. Also looking at the numbers with Stoutland and our O-line I think we can put any RB back there and he'd do well. 
Never,  never, never pay a RB their first big contract. Biggest sucker bet in football. Dallas and Carolina would love to get that albatross off from around their neck right now.

Never,  never, never pay a RB their first big contract. Biggest sucker bet in football. Dallas and Carolina would love to get that albatross off from around their neck right now.

Aside from this (which I 100% agree with), Sanders hasn't shown he's even worth big money. He has talent, but can't seem to stay healthy, still has difficulty just hitting the holes/too much dancing, plus seems to be a knucklehead ie. going out of bounds when he needs to stay in.

Aside from this (which I 100% agree with), Sanders hasn't shown he's even worth big money. He has talent, but can't seem to stay healthy, still has difficulty just hitting the holes/too much dancing, plus seems to be a knucklehead ie. going out of bounds when he needs to stay in.
I like him and think he has great ability but he’s not used as much as I’d like. I’d actually be open to moving him if we can get a good return. 

Users who are viewing this thread