What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2022 Las Vegas Raiders (1 Viewer)

carr to NE, mac jones to vegas :welcome:
That would be the last straw for me , i would turn in my Raider fan card
No you wouldn’t. ;)
you know me so well lol...i am....as we all are ...a glutton for punishment

10000%

funny, visiting my sister‘s family and her youngest son now has a KC Chiefs neon sign on his bedroom wall. I made a comment and joked about it with him, and then my sister said something like “i know you’d rather he had a Raiders sign” and I said “no! its ok that I’m the only one who roots for the Raiders. No one else has to share this burden”

If Derek Carr decides to play for another team next season, we all know what’s coming right?
He’s going destroy the Raiders in a Prime Time game, that would be the most Raider thing to ever happen to the Raiders and I will not be surprised one bit when it happens.
Everyone is going to destroy the Raiders next season and that is how it must be. I hope it is actually for something though and the team is competitive in a few years.
If we get rolled next season, do you think McD survives? I don't

If Derek Carr decides to play for another team next season, we all know what’s coming right?
He’s going destroy the Raiders in a Prime Time game, that would be the most Raider thing to ever happen to the Raiders and I will not be surprised one bit when it happens.
Everyone is going to destroy the Raiders next season and that is how it must be. I hope it is actually for something though and the team is competitive in a few years.
I don’t either. Not only do they have to address the overall lack of talent on defense, they now have to find a QB. And I don’t know how Davante Adams stays in Vegas once DC is gone for sure.

I don’t either. Not only do they have to address the overall lack of talent on defense, they now have to find a QB. And I don’t know how Davante Adams stays in Vegas once DC is gone for sure.
Lots of names will be gone next season. Adams is likely one of those names. LV needs the draft capital and Adams has no reason to stick around.

Lots of names will be gone next season. Adams is likely one of those names. LV needs the draft capital and Adams has no reason to stick around.
At this point, if we are giving up on Carr then it makes sense to trade Adams and Waller as well. Stack the picks. The rest of the notable players are young enough that if we use the picks well then we could be competitive with them as our vets.

The list of FA QB's is bad but I wouldn't be against getting Minshew as one of the guys to compete for the job.
Tom Brady- really old, may be done and why would he want to come to a team with no defense?
Geno Smith- the only one that I think has potential. Very athletic, top tier prospect that failed but has shown he can play but the ceiling is prob what we saw in SEA this year
Jimmy Garoppolo- NO. Just NO. A trainwreck that like other NE backups has been given way more than he deserves. He is a backup level NFL QB.
Taylor Heinicke- Average to below average
Gardner Minshew- Average to below average
Mike White- Average to below average
Daniel Jones- Average to below average
Cooper Rush- No.
Baker Mayfield- Shiny toy that I could see HC saying "I can make him good" but I suspect he is a poor fit for what McD wants to do
Sam Darnold- Average to below average

Young and Stroud seem to be the top tier prospects in the draft followed by Levis, Hooker and McKee. Assuming we aren't morons and just cut Carr, we should have some extra picks. Maybe we can draft a kid and get it right. Maybe.

it doesn't make sense if they draft a qb with the 1st round pick, or have someone in mind they think will fit mcD's offense better. there's also a chance they bring carr back and just want their options open for now.
I don't think you bench Carr and planned on making him inactive and not even on the bench if you had any intention of keeping him. Is it possible that you are right? Sure... but I think it is highly unlikely. It would be such a strange move to make if it was.

Jimmy Garoppolo- NO. Just NO. A trainwreck that like other NE backups has been given way more than he deserves. He is a backup level NFL QB.
LOL. Dude is Carr's Mirror Universe twin because of all the disrespect except instead of.the opposite factor being good vs evil in this case it's wins vs losses. Garoppolo actually wins at every place he plays.

Last edited:
He better get a chance. 3-5 years minimum. Unless it’s obviously wrong. We don’t know yet. What we do know is that changing course every 2-3 years doesn’t work. At all.

LOL. Dude is Carr's Mirror Universe twin because of all the disrespect except instead of.the opposite factor being good vs evil in this case it's wins vs losses. Garoppolo actually wins at every place he plays.
Exactly. It cracks me up how much Chad dislikes him. The locker room loves him. He wins. He’s a dream boat. What’s not to like? 😂😂😂

The list of FA QB's is bad but I wouldn't be against getting Minshew as one of the guys to compete for the job.
Tom Brady- really old, may be done and why would he want to come to a team with no defense?
Geno Smith- the only one that I think has potential. Very athletic, top tier prospect that failed but has shown he can play but the ceiling is prob what we saw in SEA this year
Taylor Heinicke- Average to below average
Gardner Minshew- Average to below average
Mike White- Average to below average
Daniel Jones- Average to below average
Cooper Rush- No.
Baker Mayfield- Shiny toy that I could see HC saying "I can make him good" but I suspect he is a poor fit for what McD wants to do
Sam Darnold- Average to below average

Young and Stroud seem to be the top tier prospects in the draft followed by Levis, Hooker and McKee. Assuming we aren't morons and just cut Carr, we should have some extra picks. Maybe we can draft a kid and get it right. Maybe.
Seems unlikely that Carr is traded due to the large salary and very short window to make it happen. The Raiders cannot manage personnel. Every year we get to witness this.

VERY enlightening interview KJ Wright
KJ_WRIGHT34
thinks the Raiders would be having a phenomenal season if Mark Davis kept Rich Bisaccia as head coach instead of hiring Josh McDaniels.

“They would have been really good,” Wright said. “They bought into his style. He held guys accountable. When Derek Carr played bad, he put it on the board like ‘this is what you’re doing, I need you to do way better in this aspect.’ He came in the defensive meeting rooms. He was in the special team meeting rooms. This team would have still been great, but… Josh McDaniels is there and it’s been a complete disaster so far.”

KJ_WRIGHT34
thinks the Raiders would be having a phenomenal season if Mark Davis kept Rich Bisaccia as head coach instead of hiring Josh McDaniels.

“They would have been really good,” Wright said. “They bought into his style. He held guys accountable. When Derek Carr played bad, he put it on the board like ‘this is what you’re doing, I need you to do way better in this aspect.’ He came in the defensive meeting rooms. He was in the special team meeting rooms. This team would have still been great, but… Josh McDaniels is there and it’s been a complete disaster so far.”
KJ Wright = Captain Obvious 🤣

KJ_WRIGHT34

KJ Wright = Captain Obvious 🤣
i prefer Captain Confirm

He better get a chance. 3-5 years minimum. Unless it’s obviously wrong. We don’t know yet. What we do know is that changing course every 2-3 years doesn’t work. At all.
Two disaster seasons in a row? Yea, I don't think he survives that.

Exactly. It cracks me up how much Chad dislikes him. The locker room loves him. He wins. He’s a dream boat. What’s not to like? 😂😂😂
Have you guys watched him play? He wins? As you said... I could win QBing the Niners right now, even with a gout flair on my wrist in my throwing hand.

KJ_WRIGHT34

I think he is right. I preferred keeping Bisaccia and then just getting him a new OC. I was even ok with keeping Bradley and retaining some of the system guys we had there. I think the season would be a whole lot different right now if we did that. I even wanted to see what Mayock would do with a year not working with Gruden.

We went a different direction. The direction I least wanted to go.

And it has been a poo of a year. I am not saying "I was right" I am saying "Damn... this sucks"

My thoughts. Carr is being shelved because The Raiders got a serious feeler from another team. I believe that team is The Jets and we'll see a major trade in the off season.
The we'll see The Raiders pursue Tom Brady and reunite him with McDaniels,maybe the only was McDaniels gets another year.

My thoughts. Carr is being shelved because The Raiders got a serious feeler from another team. I believe that team is The Jets and we'll see a major trade in the off season.
The we'll see The Raiders pursue Tom Brady and reunite him with McDaniels,maybe the only was McDaniels gets another year.
My biggest fear is that these morons cut him.
At this point, it looks like the decision has been made.
The Jets are a Carr QB away from being a serious SB contender and they have a young team to make a trade giving up a good amount of draft capital make sense. Saleh, I think, has bought himself several years even if there are some bumps in the road- so they will be able to give Carr something he has never had with the Raiders- stability in coaching and system. Sell Adams and Waller as well and then hopefully we can pick well. Clear a lot of cap room (a ton of cash is dead money, a rookie QB makes a big difference, and we have a decent amount of cap space anyways) that we can go out and fill whatever holes we need to with vets that aren't washed up (looking at your Jones).... it just might work. I mean, likely not, but there would be hope.
Getting rid of Carr with nothing in return would be absolutely moronic and not out of character of what we have had to endure as Raider fans for the last couple of decades... so I am not exactly holding my breath.

For tomorrow, it seems that stud Daniel Carlson should be benched. But, if LV moves the ball just a little, can Carlson be a decent start for FGs.

Two disaster seasons in a row? Yea, I don't think he survives that.
this year won't count. gotta give em at least 3 years.

Have you guys watched him play? He wins? As you said... I could win QBing the Niners right now, even with a gout flair on my wrist in my throwing hand.
he's won with a lesser 49er team as well. in the playoffs no less.....

bisaccia :lmao: never had a HC interview. anywhere. Bisaccia is a really nice guy. press conferences were golden :lmao: he's not a HC.
Agree. Kind of like when some people said Reggie McKenzie would be a sought after GM candidate when he was let go by the Raiders. He hasn't sniffed another GM job.

NFL scout on Derek Carr per Matt Lombardo on Heavy Sports. "Whoever gets Derek Carr will be getting a steal."
Carr is a good QB. Too bad he never had a good supporting cast and a solid D. The Raiders could still keep Carr and actually build a team around him but it will take years since there are a lot of holes to fill. It’s very doubtful but I hope the Raiders keep him rather than cut him for nothing.

NFL scout on Derek Carr per Matt Lombardo on Heavy Sports. "Whoever gets Derek Carr will be getting a steal."
Carr is a good QB. Too bad he never had a good supporting cast and a solid D. The Raiders could still keep Carr and actually build a team around him but it will take years since there are a lot of holes to fill. It’s very doubtful but I hope the Raiders keep him rather than cut him for nothing.
Once the OLine came together this year (which they have imo) how much more do you want than Adams, Waller*, Renfrow*, Hollis, Moreau? was the OLine worse than I believe? Or the skill players worse? This was the year to make the big step up in scoring at least (even if the D was still allowing lots of points to score).

* granted they were both injured for chunks of the year

of course, McD could’ve screwed it all up and that’s why Carr has looked worse this year.
I have nothing but questions and no answers :sadbanana:

Once the OLine came together this year (which they have imo) how much more do you want than Adams, Waller*, Renfrow*, Hollis, Moreau? was the OLine worse than I believe? Or the skill players worse? This was the year to make the big step up in scoring at least (even if the D was still allowing lots of points to score).

of course, McD could’ve screwed it all up and that’s why Carr has looked worse this year.
You forgot Jacobs, who is leading the league in rushing.

And before anyone bemoans that Carr was learning a new offense.....Mac Jones looked just fine learning McDaniel's offense as a rookie with far less talent around him.

You forgot Jacobs, who is leading the league in rushing.

And before anyone bemoans that Carr was learning a new offense.....Mac Jones looked just fine learning McDaniel's offense as a rookie with far less talent around him.
Ha. How could I leave Jacobs off that list since I’m starting him in one of my championships games this weekend! All the weapons Carr needed to succeed. And I’m absolutely in the Carr Supporter category.

For tomorrow, it seems that stud Daniel Carlson should be benched. But, if LV moves the ball just a little, can Carlson be a decent start for FGs.
Against the 9ers D? I’d expect a shut out at this point.
Are all of the other weapons playing? Jacobs, Adams, Renfrow, Waller?
I haven't heard any of them are not playing. If it was me I'd explore other options to Carlson anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread