What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2022 Las Vegas Raiders (2 Viewers)

So, can James Bradberry be had for a 3rd? 28 years old with one pro bowl on a team that doesn't seem to want him.

Chadstroma said:
Yes, competent speed helps everyone. We will have some money to spend. As I mentioned, Will should be at a discount because of the injury history and still being on the market. A one year prove it deal wouldn't be hard on the cap, doesn't preclude to adding at the O and D lines and can make a big difference. 

Speed opens things up for everyone. Review the tape from when Ruggs was on the team last year. Review the stats. 307 vs 240 yards per game with and without. 25.7 vs 19.4 points per game with and without. 1.7 vs 1.1 passing TD's per game with and without. Mind you, these with numbers were with the offensive line playing much more poorly than they did on the second half of the season when Ruggs and that competent speed were gone. Further, watch the tape of how MVS helped Adams and vice versa in how GB deployed them. 

Assuming Will Fuller's 4.34 speed is still intact (no idea to be honest with so many injuries but I don't recall any leg or knee injuries... finger, chest, elbow and I believe a foot.... not sure of the more) and we can bring him in on the cheap, it makes absolute sense. Because of the injury history, there is a good chance he doesn't play much for us but as the WR corps is now, adding competent speed would absolutely make a difference. Wasn't it you pumping Fuller before? I didn't want us to go after him before but again... the only vet that with the difference making speed, likely available for cheap and not someone we have to rely on but could fill a role. Why not? 
Why so serious….?.😂😂😜😜

and no, not me. Maybe 3 years ago. 

RIP Mad Bomber.  Man, I'm getting old......
I probably saw him just don't remember as I was born year he came to Oakland, but my father is Raider fan (which is how I became one in Western NY) and always talked about Mad Bomber.  What a great nickname!

Looking at his stats tonight: played 4 games in 4 seasons with Bills and came to Raiders for '67 season. They were 8-5-1 the previous 2 seasons, and then from '67 to '69 they went 37-4-1! Of course lost SB in 67 to GB & then lost to eventual SB winners, NYJ & KC, next 2 years. 2X AFL MVP.

I probably saw him just don't remember as I was born year he came to Oakland, but my father is Raider fan (which is how I became one in Western NY) and always talked about Mad Bomber.  What a great nickname!

Looking at his stats tonight: played 4 games in 4 seasons with Bills and came to Raiders for '67 season. They were 8-5-1 the previous 2 seasons, and then from '67 to '69 they went 37-4-1! Of course lost SB in 67 to GB & then lost to eventual SB winners, NYJ & KC, next 2 years. 2X AFL MVP.

His .791 winning percentage in the Super Bowl era is first among QBs with at least 70 starts.

heard today he was also in the little league World Series way back when

The sheen may have really dulled off of the Chefs. They brought in Arden Key for a visit and he went off and signed with the Jags. Now, not to say Arden Key is the kind of guy who would take a few less bucks to win since he does strike me as the mercenary type but in the last couple of years, I think the KC pull was stronger. They are no longer the favorite of the division, let along the AFC. Vets coming cheap for that higher chance of a SB win is likely over for them.
:lmao: .....says who....?....you and your buddies...?....because vegas disagrees

ooooh ...nerve struck 😉
lol....no....he is just wrong...

I'm all for running your mouth on a fantasy football board and giving your opinion...just saying those that make a living on this stuff currently disagree with that part of his "hot take"...

Last edited by a moderator:
lol....no....he is just wrong...

I'm all for running your mouth on a fantasy football board and giving your opinion...just saying those that make a living on this stuff currently disagree with that part of his "hot take"...
I personally think the Chiefs should still be favored, by a very slim margin, to win the division but Vegas sets and moves odds based upon public perceptions & betting habits. Once the line is set money moves the needle more than anything.

rumor the Packers are trying to trade for Waller. Please lord no. 
if they do I think you've got a great one on deck in Moreau. He has looked impressive to me every time I've watched his highlights. 

No! No no no no no no!!!

I do not allow it. In fact I outright forbid it!

We shall speak of it no more Josh.

Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but Carr mentioned possible extensions for Renfrow and Moreau at the presser announcing his extension then after that mentioned Waller.  I remember at the time thinking it was a little odd Waller wasn't one of the first guys he mentioned.  Did he know there was a chance Waller might get traded?

I think Moreau is serviceable and maybe they think the team would be better served trading Waller and upgrading somewhere else........or maybe there is nothing to this Waller rumor.

if they do I think you've got a great one on deck in Moreau. He has looked impressive to me every time I've watched his highlights. 
Y'know many people are very high on Moreau but I still haven't seen why the hype.

He had a five game audition last season and put up 16 for 188 & 0 on 23 targets. That was late in his third season and the team really needed him to step up and he was...average.

Waller is a proven difference maker. I hope they at least see what the offense could be with him and Adams.

Y'know many people are very high on Moreau but I still haven't seen why the hype.

He had a five game audition last season and put up 16 for 188 & 0 on 23 targets. That was late in his third season and the team really needed him to step up and he was...average.

Waller is a proven difference maker. I hope they at least see what the offense could be with him and Adams.
Agreed. I think Moreau can be a starting TE, in an offense with better WR depth, but that's not Vegas right now.

That said, if they keep Waller, I do think they should run more 2 TE sets than 3 WR sets, and that could possibly happen with McDaniels. I'd rather have Moreau on the field than Edwards personally, especially if that means Waller is getting 1-1s out wide.

My issue/concern is thinking Renfrow>Waller. I like Renfrow, but I think he's ideally a #3 target. 

It seems to be based in the original trade package having Waller. There was a delay and once it was ready to go the Raiders replaced it with a 2nd. 

I would have very much not liked the trade if we gave up Waller. Waller is elite. Some may like another TE better but no one us putting him lower than third best TE in the league. He is a difference maker and is part of what makes the idea of having Adams and Renfrow running routes and the stable of RB's lead by Jacobs running it so lethal. The offense with him in it shows the best group of weapons in the NFL IMO and one that can go toe to toe with anyone in the league. Lose him and Moreau is good but clearly not the same level and there is a big drop off in fear factor. As is... DC's that have the Raiders on the schedule now are already not sleeping at night trying to figure out how they scheme that. 

I can see GB coming for him because it was part of the discussion. Do I want a 2nd from them to semd Waller? No. Not interested and they shouldn't be either. However, Waller's deal is silly low $6.8 and not close to top 10. He is set to make $7 million next year but chances are he won't play on that. We have a few other players to extend and Waller is older versus some of those other pieces (29). Is it possible to extend him and everyone else? If not... who is odd man out? Also, is Waller pushing for a new deal now? 

Ideally, I would like to play this year with him and if need be, look to trade him next. I want to see the draft and the rest of FA but I think right now there is no doubt we are competitive in this division and close to being a slightest of slight favorite in it. 

We can't let a weapon like him go in the AFC arms race we are in. 

No to trading Waller. Not even for a first round pick. Amazing if Vegas got GB to take a 2nd instead to get Adams. Now let's see the two together with Carr for at least one season please.

No to trading Waller. Not even for a first round pick. Amazing if Vegas got GB to take a 2nd instead to get Adams. Now let's see the two together with Carr for at least one season please.
Exactly. You make a blockbuster, win now trade to build an elite receiving squad, and then you trade 1/3rd of it away? Doesn’t hold water.
I like the take that this is a miscommunication about Waller being involved in the original Adams trade talks that is now being distorted into "new" news. 🤞

Waller was not allowed to be included in the Adams deal.  Can't trade a player that is not franchise tagged for a player that is.  This has the feel of.....let's get this Adams deal done and revisit Waller later.

Weird to be so quiet this time of the year,  but I'm guessing most LVR fans are loving it anyway.
I’ve been DVRing the draft for the past 5+ years. A great way to watch it. I always watch the top 10-20-ish picks at normal speed since those are the best of the best and it’s nice to learn about potential future stars (I don’t watch any college ball, so all these guys are new to me). Then of course watch the Raiders picks and the ensuing abuse they get from the pundits for their annual reaches.
on day 2 I’ll definitely be keeping my eyes peeled for draft day trades to see if we jump up for anything in round 2 or in round 3. 

but mostly on Thursday nights, I’ll be playing online poker (Omaha) with my group of work friends in a game that started in April 2020 when we were trying to deal with being locked down in the pandemic.  we’ve been going strong every week for 104 weeks and running! :)  Love me Thursday nights!

DARREN WALLERTE, LAS VEGAS RAIDERS

ESPN's Jeremy Fowler reports that there is "zero chance" Raiders TE Darren Waller will be traded.

Well, that would seem to settle that thread. It may or may not be true that Waller was actually offered to the Packers in the initial Davante Adams trade, but either way it seems like the Raiders are happy with the way that worked out for them. Waller has almost no guaranteed money left on his deal, and probably deserves a raise at some point in the near future. 

i don't get all this buzz on the inner tubes about waller being traded.  none from a reliable source.  but it's everywhere, and the knobs are eating it up.

IF there was any truth to it, he would have been traded to GB in the adams deal.  contrary to another rumor out there, franchised players CAN be traded for other non tagged players.

if they do trade him, i will be right back in SMDH, embarrassed mode.  not going to happen.

i don't get all this buzz on the inner tubes about waller being traded.  none from a reliable source.  but it's everywhere, and the knobs are eating it up.

IF there was any truth to it, he would have been traded to GB in the adams deal.  contrary to another rumor out there, franchised players CAN be traded for other non tagged players.

if they do trade him, i will be right back in SMDH, embarrassed mode.  not going to happen.
Two things that McDaniels has had a long track record of success with are slot receivers and TE's. Shipping Waller now makes no sense and even more so in light of the AFC West teams having loaded up (well other than KC). The trade for Adams was a clear indication that they are in it to win it. Trading Waller would be a big step backwards from that. 

The only real exception to that would be if Waller gave some indication of wanting a new deal or else kind of of thing or a trade me demand which there has been zero hint of and does not seem to be within character for Waller. 

Also, as you noted, this seems to be from one source on the GB side that simply said that GB was trying to get him. Nothing ever said the Raiders were interested. Taking a phone call and listening to an offer does not mean you are interested, it means you took a phone call and listened to what they were saying. 

I put the chances of something happening based on what we know now and the 'reporting' we have seen to be less than 1% at this point.  

So Raiders first pick is #86.  Good chance it's CB, OL or DT.  If it's DT and Perrion Winfrey or DeMarvin Leal were there I'd be real happy with either.

ICON211 said:
So Raiders first pick is #86.  Good chance it's CB, OL or DT.  If it's DT and Perrion Winfrey or DeMarvin Leal were there I'd be real happy with either.

Not going to lie.  Don't know either of them.  But I like it!

I don’t follow college football at all so I will rely on the folks here to tell me if I should be happy or angry about the raiders’ picks this weekend ;)  

Not thrilled that the Chiefs potentially made a major upgrade to their defense yesterday.

Chargers offensive line looking a lot better too.

Man, the AFC West is gonna be brutal this year.

Not thrilled that the Chiefs potentially made a major upgrade to their defense yesterday.

I'd be more upset if the Chiefs drafted Jameson Williams.  I was fearful they would trade up for him.

The Raiders made a big time investment in a proven commodity with Adams and I am very excited to see what happens on offense but after watching how the draft played out I wonder if it was the best decision.

The offense should shine but the Chargers & Chiefs will also have explosive offenses (losing 'Reek was great but with Mahomes in his prime they will still be great) to go along with majorly upgraded defenses. The Broncos already had a strong defense, even with only a minimal contribution from Chubb, and they made a huge upgrade by adding the missing piece to an offense loaded with talent.

The Raiders had a fine season last year and I am one of the leaders of the "If only Ruggs..." refrain, but they weren't one player away IMO. They lost to multiple bad teams on the second half and benefited from an amazing amount of luck down the stretch from both Cleveland & Indianapolis.

I am also the leader of the McDaniels bandwagon, I think I was the first one in here to stump for him (among all the people who don't make decisions for the Las Vegas Raiders) and maybe the addition of the new staff Adams & Ya-Sin (Jones is a push for me) is enough but if I objectively handicap the division I have trouble putting the Raiders anything but fourth ATM.

I'd be more upset if the Chiefs drafted Jameson Williams.  I was fearful they would trade up for him.
I may be better with that. At least their defense would be slightly more suspect.

To be fair I am much higher on JuJu than most others, particularly in here. I was hoping the Raiders would sign him at the start of free agency. I am happier with Davante of course but I see JuJu as a Davante-lite. Virtually identical build and both their games are predicated on making separation in tight spaces. I think a QB like Mahomes will be able to throw him open all day, just like Rodgers did with Adams. Particularly with Kelce still drawing doubles all day. Losing Reek hurts them bad, and may allow defenses to try and play tighter but, so what? They have a strong o-line, a legit threat opposite JuJu, a great HC and the best QB in the game ATM; the Chiefs are going to score plenty.

The Raiders made a big time investment in a proven commodity with Adams and I am very excited to see what happens on offense but after watching how the draft played out I wonder if it was the best decision.

The offense should shine but the Chargers & Chiefs will also have explosive offenses (losing 'Reek was great but with Mahomes in his prime they will still be great) to go along with majorly upgraded defenses. The Broncos already had a strong defense, even with only a minimal contribution from Chubb, and they made a huge upgrade by adding the missing piece to an offense loaded with talent.

The Raiders had a fine season last year and I am one of the leaders of the "If only Ruggs..." refrain, but they weren't one player away IMO. They lost to multiple bad teams on the second half and benefited from an amazing amount of luck down the stretch from both Cleveland & Indianapolis.

I am also the leader of the McDaniels bandwagon, I think I was the first one in here to stump for him (among all the people who don't make decisions for the Las Vegas Raiders) and maybe the addition of the new staff Adams & Ya-Sin (Jones is a push for me) is enough but if I objectively handicap the division I have trouble putting the Raiders anything but fourth ATM.
Once the draft played out, I was happier than ever with the trade. I see no player in the last 10 picks I even remotely feel like we missed out on. 

Other team moves doesn't make me think it wasn't a good trade. 

Once the draft played out, I was happier than ever with the trade. I see no player in the last 10 picks I even remotely feel like we missed out on. 

Other team moves doesn't make me think it wasn't a good trade. 
Maybe, probably...I honestly don't know enough about these guys to make a legit assessment. 

Obviously it's not a 1-for-1 comparison with Adams and we'll never know. 

But guys like Lloyd, Wyatt, Karlaftis and J.Johnson on D or Tyler Smith on the o-line all would fill areas that appear to still be needs (particularly as Chandler Jones is very long in the tooth).

I just view the roster as still far less complete than the competition in the West.

The Chargers still have gaps in the middle of the D (as do the Raiders), the Chiefs may have trouble with their depth at safety (as do the Raiders) and the Broncos are thin on the o-line (as are the Raiders), but those teams just seem more complete on paper in April.

The Athletic is reporting that the Raiders will decline fifth year options on Jacobs, Ferrell and Abram. 

Not surprising to me on Ferrell, but thought that they may action the option on one of, or both, Jacobs and Abram.

Edit to add:  Didn't realize the 5th year option on Jacobs would have been $8M.  Understandable to pass at that cost. 

Chaka said:

Most teams look improved on draft weekend.   The Chiefs and Chargers are good teams no matter how you break it down and are the best teams in the loaded and very competitive AFC W in my humble opinion.   

The Athletic is reporting that the Raiders will decline fifth year options on Jacobs, Ferrell and Abram. 

Not surprising to me on Ferrell, but thought that they may action the option on one of, or both, Jacobs and Abram.
The only one that surprises me is Jacobs and that isn’t a giant surprise.   It doesn’t mean that Jacobs is going either.  

The

@Raiders

will not be picking up 5th year options of Josh Jacobs, Cle Ferrell and Johnathan Abram.

Vincent Bonsignore

@VinnyBonsignore

Regarding

@Raiders

decision not to pick up 5th year options: “We look forward to working with all three players and we will evaluate each situation individually moving forward.” – GM Dave Ziegler

Users who are viewing this thread