What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** 2021/22 Stanley Cup NHL Thread **** Congrats 2022 Avs Cup Champs! (1 Viewer)

I watched the first two periods. I'm still not sure who dominated the game, though the Canes seemed to have offensive possession on their side. Fruitless, and the Rangers cashed in their opportunities and odd-man rushes. 

Nice final four. Will the NY fans outnumber Tampa fans in Tampa? 

I kid. 

Sort of. 

I watched the first two periods. I'm still not sure who dominated the game, though the Canes seemed to have offensive possession on their side. Fruitless, and the Rangers cashed in their opportunities and odd-man rushes. 

Nice final four. Will the NY fans outnumber Tampa fans in Tampa? 

I kid. 

Sort of. 
Tampa has sold out 280 straight games, come on man. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Gonna be a tough series but looking forward to it. Rangers are good enough if playing their A game, just have to bring it consistently unlike these last two series. 

And you can always win if you have the better goalie. 

Rangers in 7, because of course. 

rangers, as the youngest team in the league, are playing with house money here.  they are likely 2 years ahead of schedule.  things changed a bit once they anchored nemeth to the bench for braun and don’t overlook goodrow back for games 6 and 7.  they give up too many shots and get pinned at times in their zone, but they are 3 lines deep and 4th line has motte, goodrow.  i wonder if reaves sits for rooney now and then.  not having to use guys like gauthier, brodzinski, greg mckegg, nemeth makes a huge difference.  tb is gonna grind them and vasilinesky is the goods.  i hope tb gets old fast.  rangers in 2, tb forfeits the remainder.

Rangers better get it done this year or it might be a while til they get back here again. Their cap situation is beyond miserable. 

Rangers better get it done this year or it might be a while til they get back here again. Their cap situation is beyond miserable. 
disagree - how exactly is it beyond miserable?

Next year's UFA I don't care if they leave - Strome, Rooney, McKegg, Braun

Next year's UFA who should be easily resigned - Motte & Vatrano.

Copp is a question mark - would like him back but at what cost.

The following year - Reaves and Hunt.  

Everyone else is an RFA.  Yes, they need to pay some guys like Miller, Kakko and Laffy, but this will not be break the bank time.

They also have quite a few guys in the pipeline who are NHL ready. Lundqvist is already better than Nemeth,  Othmann by all accounts is going to be here very soon. 

They have a good 3-4 year window - so long as Igor is under contract.

Series with TB is going to be a good one, imho. I really think that they match up decently here.  And have home ice.  One thing that was really key in the first two rounds was how Crosby and Staal and Trocheck seemingly won every single faceoff.  Not sure TB has that guy.  TB has awesome goalie, great defensemen and solid 4 lines.  But they are also maybe without Point this series.  Rangers are pretty healthy.  In my eyes, this series is a coin flip - whomever stays out of the box wins the series.  I actually bet the Rangers to win the East last night at +475 as it implied the Rangers at +200 vs the Lightning which I thought was much too high.  TB is a solid favorite at -185, but that's still too high, imo.  Should be an awesome series. 

Last edited by a moderator:
the cap is tight for sure, but we are missing trade variables that could change things.  finding a home for nemeth may take attaching a prospect like lundqvist, but realistically, where does he play?  krapvtsov has to be dealt too.  no way they let him make the rooster.  heck, someone traded us a 4th rounder for brett howden.  nyr could also use the ahl for cap relief on guys like hunt.  

disagree - how exactly is it beyond miserable?

Next year's UFA I don't care if they leave - Strome, Rooney, McKegg, Braun

Next year's UFA who should be easily resigned - Motte & Vatrano.

Copp is a question mark - would like him back but at what cost.

The following year - Reaves and Hunt.  

Everyone else is an RFA.  Yes, they need to pay some guys like Miller, Kakko and Laffy, but this will not be break the bank time.

They also have quite a few guys in the pipeline who are NHL ready. Lundqvist is already better than Nemeth,  Othmann by all accounts is going to be here very soon. 

They have a good 3-4 year window - so long as Igor is under contract.

Series with TB is going to be a good one, imho. I really think that they match up decently here.  And have home ice.  One thing that was really key in the first two rounds was how Crosby and Staal and Trocheck seemingly won every single faceoff.  Not sure TB has that guy.  TB has awesome goalie, great defensemen and solid 4 lines.  But they are also maybe without Point this series.  Rangers are pretty healthy.  In my eyes, this series is a coin flip - whomever stays out of the box wins the series.  I actually bet the Rangers to win the East last night at +475 as it implied the Rangers at +200 vs the Lightning which I thought was much too high.  TB is a solid favorite at -185, but that's still too high, imo.  Should be an awesome series. 
Who are you getting to replace all the guys you don’t care about. And I think you are wrong if you think they are getting Vatrano on the cheap. They have no first line right winger (no, I don’t think Kappo is that guy and clearly Laffy isn’t either). They also have no second line center and zero center prospects in the pipeline. So hopefully they can re sign Copp bc they need him bad. Then they need a second line right winger. Can Kakko be that guy? Don’t know. I don’t think Panarin likes playing with him or he would have been on that line the whole year. 
They have some guys like Othman, Cuylle and Berard, but none of those guys will be jumping up to second line next year if they make the team at all. 

the cap is tight for sure, but we are missing trade variables that could change things.  finding a home for nemeth may take attaching a prospect like lundqvist, but realistically, where does he play?  krapvtsov has to be dealt too.  no way they let him make the rooster.  heck, someone traded us a 4th rounder for brett howden.  nyr could also use the ahl for cap relief on guys like hunt.  
Not missing the trade variables but if they can’t get a Center prospect with their logjam of defensive prospects, something went wrong. 

Who are you getting to replace all the guys you don’t care about. And I think you are wrong if you think they are getting Vatrano on the cheap. They have no first line right winger (no, I don’t think Kappo is that guy and clearly Laffy isn’t either). They also have no second line center and zero center prospects in the pipeline. So hopefully they can re sign Copp bc they need him bad. Then they need a second line right winger. Can Kakko be that guy? Don’t know. I don’t think Panarin likes playing with him or he would have been on that line the whole year. 
They have some guys like Othman, Cuylle and Berard, but none of those guys will be jumping up to second line next year if they make the team at all. 
Vatrano isn't all that great, tbh, is already almost 30, and if 2.5 - 3.0 million/year doesn't make it, he can go too.  He was a bottom 6 before coming to the Rangers.

Copp is a center.  He's the guy I'd like to resign to replace Strome.  Kakko is absolutely a 2nd liner and Laffy is a first line guy as well, but I'm good keeping the kid line together if possible.  I'm a big Chytyl fan.  To dismiss Kakko and Laffy as top 6 guys at 20 & 21 years old is laughable, gb.  Othmann is crushing the OHL, he'll be ready next year, 2 years out at the latest.    It would be nice to have center prospects, sure, but talent is talent.  They went out and traded for a center, they can do so again.  If they resign Copp, they'll have 4-5 guys that can play center as well, not like the cupboards are bare.

Every team has warts and bad salaries, but the Rangers are no where close to salary cap hell.  Trouba is in my eyes the only contract that may be too high and unmovable, but the guy is a difference maker.  Totally turned the series around with the hit and subsequent fight vs. Domi.  Game 7 knocked out Jarvis.  He's been doing this all year long and look at other contract out there for 28 year old good defenseman. Would much rather have Trouba's contract than say Seth Jones.

Rangers are definitely at least a year ahead of schedule, but I've been saying all year this could be the year - team has a never say die mentality.  If you look at Vassy's stats the past 2 cup runs for the Lightning, his expected goals saved has been massive, far and away the best in the NHL in the playoffs.  Well, this year we have #31.  And next year, and few more years.

They will need to make some trades as well.  On defense alone, they have too much NHL ready talent.  Phones will be ringing.  

rangers, as the youngest team in the league, are playing with house money here.  they are likely 2 years ahead of schedule.  things changed a bit once they anchored nemeth to the bench for braun and don’t overlook goodrow back for games 6 and 7. 
Can’t underestimate the importance of getting the playoff-tested Goodrow back for the last few games, especially on the PK. Does everything well. Nice subplot that he gets to go against his mates with whom he won the last two Cups.

And I need to get a Ryan Lindgren jersey - freaking warrior. 

FLA over WASH
TB over TOR
NYR over PITT
CAR over BOS

TB over FLA
NYR over CAR

NYR over TB

COL over NASH
MIN over STL
LA over EDM
CAL over DALL

COL over MIN
LA over CAL

COL over LA

COL over NYR
I picked the entire east correct.  I had some Kings colored glasses which cost me in the west.  Still have the final pairing available.   

Vatrano isn't all that great, tbh, is already almost 30, and if 2.5 - 3.0 million/year doesn't make it, he can go too.  He was a bottom 6 before coming to the Rangers.

Copp is a center.  He's the guy I'd like to resign to replace Strome.  Kakko is absolutely a 2nd liner and Laffy is a first line guy as well, but I'm good keeping the kid line together if possible.  I'm a big Chytyl fan.  To dismiss Kakko and Laffy as top 6 guys at 20 & 21 years old is laughable, gb.  Othmann is crushing the OHL, he'll be ready next year, 2 years out at the latest.    It would be nice to have center prospects, sure, but talent is talent.  They went out and traded for a center, they can do so again.  If they resign Copp, they'll have 4-5 guys that can play center as well, not like the cupboards are bare.

Every team has warts and bad salaries, but the Rangers are no where close to salary cap hell.  Trouba is in my eyes the only contract that may be too high and unmovable, but the guy is a difference maker.  Totally turned the series around with the hit and subsequent fight vs. Domi.  Game 7 knocked out Jarvis.  He's been doing this all year long and look at other contract out there for 28 year old good defenseman. Would much rather have Trouba's contract than say Seth Jones.

Rangers are definitely at least a year ahead of schedule, but I've been saying all year this could be the year - team has a never say die mentality.  If you look at Vassy's stats the past 2 cup runs for the Lightning, his expected goals saved has been massive, far and away the best in the NHL in the playoffs.  Well, this year we have #31.  And next year, and few more years.

They will need to make some trades as well.  On defense alone, they have too much NHL ready talent.  Phones will be ringing.  
You misunderstood. I was not saying Kakko and Laffy are not top 6 guys. I am saying they are not top 6 guys with the team that is currently constructed. They tried Laffy at RW this year and it didn’t work. So who is he kicking off the top 2 lines, Krieder, Panarin? Maybe Krieder in 2 years but not now. So he stays on third line. Kakko was not a match with the first line. He was a match on 2nd line and had some of his best games there, BUT, you have to keep Panarin happy. I don’t know for sure he didn’t like playing with Kakko but all signs point to it. 
Not sure what we are going back and forth on. I guess we will find out what Drury has planned soon enough. You think they are in good shape, I think they are not. Agree to disagree. 

Weird explanation. I suppose you can say Makar pushed in and didn't get control until the other guy cleared but I'm not buying that.

Great start by the Av’s. Now they can’t go into a shell like they did against the Blues and think they have enough goals to win. 

Weird explanation. I suppose you can say Makar pushed in and didn't get control until the other guy cleared but I'm not buying that.

No different than dumping the puck into the corner. You don't have control in the zone until you touch it in the zone, no matter what led up to that point.

The scoring in this series has to be a nightmare for books trying to set an O/U line. You push it too high and risk people hammering the under. Reminds me of books trying to keep up with the Patriots in 2007.

lol at a team trying to win a cup with the 68 year old corpse of mike smith.  actually, if they put smith in a coffin and wheeled him in front of the net, the coffin might stop more pucks…..the coffin will definitely be more mobile.

Users who are viewing this thread