What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2021-22 Playoff Survivor (2 Viewers)

We'll need to knick out 3.5 rounds a day.  That works out to about 2.5 picks per hour.  Please keep this in mind as we go forward.

Sorry for the delay, had a late dinner with the wife following choir practice.

Team rzrback77 through round five

QB - TBD

RB - Fournette & Pollard

WR - D. Johnson & Beckham

TE - Schultz

Flex - TBD

PK - TBD

DST - TBD

You weren't supposed to take Kirk.  :censored: :kicksrock:

I want Williams.

No kidding. I was going to. 
So now I’m an Eagles fan this week. 
plus - Jacobs, hurts and smith = ROLL TIDE!

Hurts was the last good QB.  Once you did that, I pivoted to making something else a strength.  You also got me on Perriman.  Outstanding pick IMO.  Brate was on my short list last turn.  Would not surprise me to see him match several of the TEs taken much earlier.  I have you as the top team at the moment.

FYI - been blowing/raking leaves all day at a friend’s house. Took a DST when I saw I was OTC because I inadvertently left all my data at home. I see there are a lot of predrafts, but I won’t be home till 5:00 or so CST so I may hold up the draft on my next pick.

I want Williams.

Hurts was the last good QB.  Once you did that, I pivoted to making something else a strength.  You also got me on Perriman.  Outstanding pick IMO.  Brate was on my short list last turn.  Would not surprise me to see him match several of the TEs taken much earlier.  I have you as the top team at the moment.
Thanks. I debated for a while between Brate and someone else. 
Of course I’m hoping for the top pick next week (gee, wonder who that could be 🤔) but we never know how these things go. Hurts could just as easily throw multiple INTs and score 12th out of the starters. 

The hay is in the barn for Team rzrback77 in the first round of the playoffs

QB - Matt Jones NEP - a rookie on the road facing a tough defense. A boy from the south facing bitterly cold temperatures at night. What could go wrong? The plan going in was to get one of the top eight QBs, hopefully #8 as I struggled to separate Hurts, Burrow and Stafford. Alas the last two went after I selected Beckham, a player that seemingly always fails to meet expectations. That could have been the pick that sealed my fate.\

RB - Fournette needs to have a big game for this team to have any chance of a high finish. Added Pollard, who I hope get carries and then felt like a gift when I was able to snag Gore late, with Williams and CEH having injuries to deal with. Bell was my last shot in the dark.

WR - D. Johnson, Pringle, Smith-Schuster and Beckham are not much to hang your hat on, I guess maybe that is why I took him.

TE - Schultz was nice value

PK - upcoming

DST - Chiefs seemed like the best DST in week one.

Hurts, Jalen PHI QB

- boom or bust baby! :excited:  really could lose big but still provide a nice score.  I wanted Stafford but not surprised he went before I could take him  

Gainwell, Kenneth PHI RB‐ 14 

Jacobs, Josh LVR RB‐ 8 

Mixon, Joe CIN RB‐ 10 

Sermon, Trey SFO RB‐ 6 

- after SF runs for 400 yards, sermon might be a decent pick. Late enough to take the flier knowing he might not count.  Same for Gainwell. Jacobs and Mixon should be a decent combo  

Lamb, CeeDee DAL WR‐ 7 

Perriman, Breshad TBB WR (Q)‐ 9 

Smith, DeVonta PHI WR‐ 14 

- Hopefully Dallas wins and lamb does well. Or I’m probably keeping perriman (if I survive the week). I’d like the hurts to smith stack if hurts three more better. 

Brate, Cameron TBB TE‐ 9 

- I’ll be lucky to get a couple points here. Almost took Jonnu but figure Brate has a slightly better chance to do something. 

Butker, Harrison KCC PK‐ 12 

- should be a high scoring attack. Hopefully with some FGs 

Raiders, Las Vegas LVR Def‐ 8

- 😒 not great as cincy drops like 50, but really didn’t want the Steelers or eagles D 

😒 not great as cincy drops like 50, but really didn’t want the Steelers or eagles D 
the point and yardage scoring ends up being pretty irrelevant in this scoring system pretty quickly....so its really all about turnovers, pick 6/scoop and scores, sacks and any special block of some sort....Raiders can at least pressure the QB...

I have to hit the road for an hour drive.

Busman should have timed out on MFL.......Perhaps @BassNBrew didn't get it set up properly?

I'll take John "Smoke" Brown who signed with TB but is not listed on MFL.   Entered Chris Godwin as placeholder. 

I have to hit the road for an hour drive.

Busman should have timed out on MFL.......Perhaps @BassNBrew didn't get it set up properly?

I'll take John "Smoke" Brown who signed with TB but is not listed on MFL.   Entered Chris Godwin as placeholder. 
BnB didn’t turn on the clock 🤷

i did, so we’re rolling. First game is 430 tomorrow so there’s plenty of time. 

Sorry, all. Saw the original post said 10 rounds but now see a subsequent one said 12. 

Will take Auden Tate with my Round 11 makeup pick.

Derek Carr

- didn't really have a QB plan coming in. QB runs kind of missed me. Was hoping for Hurts but he went a couple picks early. When it came down to it I had my choice of Carr, JimmyG, or Ben. Figured I might as well stack Carr with Renfrow and what happens. 

Najee, Darrell Williams, Juszczyk

- Targeted Najee and feel good getting him. Feel like he has to be a big part of the game plan regardless of game script. 30+ touches? Obviously like Williams a lot more now that CHE is out. As discussed, Juszczyk I would expect to get 1-4 touches. 

Renfrow, Quez Watkins, Tyler Johnson, Isaiah MacKenzie, Kristen Wilkerson 

- I could easily see Renfrow being my only WR to have a catch. If I get anything from my other receivers it could be the difference if I move on or not. 

Gronk

- Figured the top 2 picks were easily Gronk and Kelce so I was happy with Gronk. He has the ability to almost carry a team to the next round depending on game script. Wanted to get another TE but never felt like it even remotely worth the reach. 

Succup 

- Should have plenty of opportunity to kick

Pittsburgh/Philly

- Wanted Arizona but Bass took them so I will take what falls

Typically I do poorly in this contest, so let's see what happens. 

Added nuk instead of taking minshaw. 
While it seems unlikely for AZ to win, me to move on, and Nuk to be announced healthy by the time we announce keepers, there’s a Chance. 

Quick rundown to compare the teams and I used two projectors at Footballguys, Bloom and Wood - used consensus for PK and DST and I did not double check any of the copy/paste or the addition, so take with an aspirin or grain of salt or whatever.

Bloom

• OZ 142.5
  • Rudnicki 128.5
  • Bass 126.9
  • Bro1ncos 125.7
  • St Ref 125.1
  • Ryheaps 111.5
  • Duckboy 110.1
  • rzrback77 109.7 x cutoff to advance
  • Go DC Y 106.7
  • Old Mil 98.8
  • Crippler 97.9
  • Busman 92.9
Wood

• Rudnicki 126.4
  • St Ref 125.1
  • Bass 124.0
  • Bro1ncos 119.0
  • Duckboy 117.1
  • Ryheaps 116.9
  • rzrback77 115.9
  • OZ 111.7 x cutoff to advance
  • Crippler 105.8
  • Go DC Y 105.5
  • Old Mil 98.5
  • Busman 94.7
I will say that Bloom did not project nearly as many scorers as Wood and there were a lot of zero producers in Bloom's data, but all in all most of the teams ranked in generally similar fashion, except OZ who dropped from #1 down to #8

weird. You had the Cinncy backup kicker on your squad and I reverted the draft back to you pick and the Folk appeared 
I saw that and was concerned that my guy had been injured.

best I could hope for today, getting 25 from 12th round QB and 14 from my PK.

tomorrow’s news is bad with first round pick Fournette missing the game. At least JuJu looks to be active.

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw that and was concerned that my guy had been injured.

best I could hope for today, getting 25 from 12th round QB and 14 from my PK.

tomorrow’s news is bad with first round pick Fournette missing the game. At least JuJu looks to be active.
Crazy with LF, I guess Vaughn is their lead back? Brady will just have to pass 60 times. 

Should have let you take Hurts. 🤷

” we’ve made a terrible mistake “

Users who are viewing this thread