What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2020 Season Playoff Survivor (1 Viewer)

Dude...you could end up in first.
yeah I kinda knew that could happen after the big first half by CLE and Ben needing to chuck it....but was playing the reverse psychology  superstation thing which never normally works....but it may have worked here ....going in knew Ben was probably going to throw 45 times so thought no matter what he and his boys would put up points....didn't want to crow about it ahead of time....but felt pretty good about making he cut even after the early games....I had little time and didn't think about keepers at all....just wanted to Valvano it and survive and advance...so I guess......lets do this boys....!!!!.... :lmao:

whats the record for points in a week for this league......Kamara had a bad day.....my second pick got me a donut...

Last edited by a moderator:
Keepers and draft pick selection on Tuesday.

Also a slight tweak to the rules.  We'll draft one extra round mainly because of COVID.  The last round will be a reverse round meaning 8th to 1st.  I'd be open to going two more rounds but I think we would be totally throwing darts at that point.

I think that eleven rounds would be the max and probably ought to consider staying with 10 rounds for 10 players.

Keepers and draft pick selection on Tuesday.

Also a slight tweak to the rules.  We'll draft one extra round mainly because of COVID.  The last round will be a reverse round meaning 8th to 1st.  I'd be open to going two more rounds but I think we would be totally throwing darts at that point.
I'll be that guy................not a fan of this.

Any ideas if we have a Covid issue pop up after we draft?  Last week we had kicker issues due to Covid but fortunately more kicker stand teams
Could of, should of, would of,................. set it up for team QB and K.

But...................Saints QB would have been much more valuable pick.   

But...........I would have had a kicker play adding 9pts to my score (moving me into 3rd).

Roll with how it was set up! :2cents:

Covid hampered the draft quite a bit last week. Nobody was certain about Ebron till after we drafted. Doing a quick look at the NFL teams still involved (eight) and the number remaining in the contest (eight), there are not mow than ten viable producers on each team, so the additional picks would be guesses about which players would potentially replace an unknown player.

We could enact a Covid rule for just this week, if a player doesn't play due to Covid, then whomever drafted that player could replace him with a player from that same NFL team and that same position only.

Otherwise, I agree with @OldMilwaukeethat we each just draft ten players and go with it.

OldMilwaukee said:
Could of, should of, would of,................. set it up for team QB and K.

But...................Saints QB would have been much more valuable pick.   

But...........I would have had a kicker play adding 9pts to my score (moving me into 3rd).

Roll with how it was set up! :2cents:
We found the dissenter among us.

No changes.

Stinkin Ref 204.4

Draft Slot:

Keepers:

Crippler 167.60

Draft Slot:

Keepers:

Stephen Holloway 152.75

Draft Slot:

Keepers:

Old Milwaukee 149.90

Draft Slot:

Keepers:

Bassnbrew 138.45

Draft Slot:

Keepers:

Ducky 107.45

Draft Slot:

Keepers:

Go DC Yourself 107.25

Draft Slot:

Keepers:

Bro1ncos 105.65

Draft Slot:

Keepers:

OZ105.25 😢

We'll start tomorrow with keepers and draft slot selections.  @Stinkin Ref is first up.

Take pick 3

keep Landry and being so early, looks like Fornette. This one could crush but not looking good right now

Take pick 3

keep Landry and being so early, looks like Fornette. This one could crush but not looking good right now

R. Woods LAR and M. Brown BLT and after careful consideration, and with thanksgiving I'll take the second pick. 

Just marked off one of my New Year’s resolutions, by watching A Few Good Men. Why did they not ever make a second edition?

Stinkin Ref said:
you boys might be in for a little bit of a surprise....
I would be burned if this happens. After that, I had 2 guys as even and thus why pick #3. Could happen but thought no way, I get who I want and take pick 3. 

even though, I should feel grateful to finish 2nd with having the worst keepers by looking at things. My 4th and 8th round picks. Yikes

I am hoping to get to check in early tomorrow morning to see who is the first pick, but my wife and I are headed out on the road pretty early headed to Little Rock to check on my Mom. I will have my phone so it won't be a long delay but it might be a couple of hours or so, if I don't get to make a pick before we leave.

Best of luck to all remaining!

Jared Goff

Alvin Kamara
Kareem Hunt

John Brown
Demarcus Robinson
Deonte Harris

Travis Kelce
Rob Gronkowski

Mahomes was a consideration at 1.01 but elite TE wins out in this format.  WR/WR was the plan at 2/3 turn but just couldn't pass on Hunt and the point difference he might provide. Brown became my WR1 after posting a donut last week.  That makes two guys who posted a donut (Gronk) on my team with only four guys on board.  LOL... :lmao: ...this should be fun.  WR's cleaned out by the next turn but had to go there.  Drob could get a score which would be nice and maybe Harris builds off his nice game last week. I get the LA QB with my last pick, whoever that is.  At least I have the last pick so with no clock I can milk out that pick until the weekend and try to get more info and decide if I need to take both Ram QB's or get the luxury of another dart throw at another position. Will probably need whatever advantage I gained to advance.  Good luck boys.   :banned:

Jared Goff

Alvin Kamara
Kareem Hunt

John Brown
Demarcus Robinson
Deonte Harris

Travis Kelce
Rob Gronkowski

Mahomes was a consideration at 1.01 but elite TE wins out in this format.  WR/WR was the plan at 2/3 turn but just couldn't pass on Hunt and the point difference he might provide. Brown became my WR1 after posting a donut last week.  That makes two guys who posted a donut (Gronk) on my team with only four guys on board.  LOL... :lmao: ...this should be fun.  WR's cleaned out by the next turn but had to go there.  Drob could get a score which would be nice and maybe Harris builds off his nice game last week. I get the LA QB with my last pick, whoever that is.  At least I have the last pick so with no clock I can milk out that pick until the weekend and try to get more info and decide if I need to take both Ram QB's or get the luxury of another dart throw at another position. Will probably need whatever advantage I gained to advance.  Good luck boys.   :banned:
You can forgo a kicker or defense for the other QB if you like.

good info....I did not realize that....

so just hypothetically.... could we forgo any starting position for an extra dart throw at another....? 
Looks like the rule was only for you to be able to forgo a flex score to take a backup QB and said QB must be from the same team you selected your QB.  Since you have already filled your flex position and this wasn't clarified, I'll allow you to sacrifice one of your other positions.  QB is the only position where you can exceeded the positionally limits so no to drafting 3 TEs or 4RBs.  If both QBs end up playing you'll only get the highest scoring QB.  

The rule was established in a prior year when we had a very questionable QB early in the week.  Rather than creating  artificial demand at the QB position and a huge run at the beginning of the draft to get a chair I added that out.

Basically your option to take a zero somewhere to guarantee QB pts.  May be a wise move on your part with such a big lead.

Looks like the rule was only for you to be able to forgo a flex score to take a backup QB and said QB must be from the same team you selected your QB.  Since you have already filled your flex position and this wasn't clarified, I'll allow you to sacrifice one of your other positions.  QB is the only position where you can exceeded the positionally limits so no to drafting 3 TEs or 4RBs.  If both QBs end up playing you'll only get the highest scoring QB.  

The rule was established in a prior year when we had a very questionable QB early in the week.  Rather than creating  artificial demand at the QB position and a huge run at the beginning of the draft to get a chair I added that out.

Basically your option to take a zero somewhere to guarantee QB pts.  May be a wise move on your part with such a big lead.
thank you sir....I just can't believe I slid the "I'm gonna milk the clock out till the weekend" thing by you..... :scared:

First round predictions

From Dodds

1. Holloway 138.8 - did not use Snead & Doyle
  2. Oz 129.1 - Callaway & Burton
  3. St Ref 128.5 - Miller & Ebron
  4. Bassnbrew 127.2 - M. Brown RB & Miller WR
  5. Old Mil 120.8 - Penny & Beasley
  6. DC 118.9 - D Evans & Pascal
  7. Duckboy 117.6 - Boykin & Olsen
  8. Crippler 115.7 - Washington & Njoku
  9. Bro1ncos 113.3 - Snell & Dez Bryant
From MT

1. Holloway 139.9 -  Snead & Doyle
  2. St Ref 127.8 - McKenzie & Ebron
  3. Oz 125.9 - Z Moss & Callaway
  4. Bassnbrew 122.6 - Akers & Miller
  5. Old Mil 118.6 - Penny & D Moore
  6. Crippler 116.2 - Washington & Njoku
  7. DC 114.9 - D Evans & Pascal
  8. Bro1ncos 104.6 - Hyde & Dez Bryant
  9. Duckboy 102.3 - Boykin & Olsen
From Bloom

1. Holloway 153.9 - Snead & Everett
  2. St Ref 149.9 - Miller & Ebron
  3. Oz 142.9 - Reynolds & Burton
  4. DC 139.0 - D Evans & Higbee
  5. Bassnbrew 136.0 -  M. Brown RB & Miller WR
  6. Old Mil 129.5 - Penny & Beasley
  7. Duckboy 128.3 - Boykin & Olsen
  8. Bro1ncos 122.4 - Hyde & Dez Bryant
  9. Crippler 117.4 - Fournette & Njoku
Just something that I put together because I was bored.
Actual

1. St Ref 204.45
  2. Crippler 167.6
  3. Holloway 152.75
  4. Old Milwaukee 149.9
  5. BassnBrew 138.45
  6. Duckboy 107.45
  7. DC 107.25
  8. Bro1ncos 102.65

Dodds Projections (2nd Week)

1. Ref 131.3
  2. Holloway 127.8
  3. DC 123.0
  4. Bass 121.5
  5. Crippler 112.6
  6. Bro1ncos 102.0
  7. Duckboy 100.6
  8. Old Mil 98.5 (R Jones & CEH not playing)
So, Dodds has Ref, Holloway, Crippler & Bass advancing with Old Mil trailing Bass by less than fifteen

Bloom Projections (2nd week)

1. DC 143.1
  2. Holloway 139.7
  3. St Ref 137.5
  4. Bass 117.1
  5. Crippler 114.4
  6. Duckboy 106.1
  7. Bro1ncos 102.4
  8. Old Mil 101.7
So, Dodds has Ref, Holloway, Crippler and Bass, but with both Old Milwaukee and DC trailing Bass by five or less

Users who are viewing this thread