What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2020 (now 2021) Summer Olympics in Tokyo. Closing ceremonies 8/8 | USA finishes with most gold, silver, bronze AND overall medals (1 Viewer)

My son and I settled in on the couch this morning to watch the volleyball. Open the NBC app and the first thing we see is “US Women defeat Brazil for volleyball gold.” OK. Guess we can go for a bike ride or something. 

I recorded the USA Network coverage and muted the tv until I could navigate to the recording this morning. Worked like a charm

BMX racing was exciting AF both finals were incredible. Britain takes gold in womens and  silver in mens, gold in womens bmx freestyle.  

if any IOC member ever claims dressage is an olympic sport they deserve to be punched in the mouth. horse dancing, where the horse is the athlete not the human. please, I can't even...

am I the only one who thinks having equestrian events in the Olympics is dumb? I realize it's been included forever, but having a piece of 'equipment' with its own mind and will takes the control out of the athletes' hands. for instance: https://nypost.com/2021/08/06/no-1-ranked-olympic-pentathlete-bursts-into-tears-when-horse-wont-jump/

this poor woman possibly lost a chance at the gold because she was assigned a random horse who was having a bad day.

using animals as 'equipment' is dumb. that is all.

Chris B. said:
The cheating Russians still getting medals is total BS. If the stupid IOC is going to ban them, then ban them properly; like how the mods do here.
Seems similar...several posters around not under their original name or pictures and so on...yet still posting.

am I the only one who thinks having equestrian events in the Olympics is dumb? I realize it's been included forever, but having a piece of 'equipment' with its own mind and will takes the control out of the athletes' hands. for instance: https://nypost.com/2021/08/06/no-1-ranked-olympic-pentathlete-bursts-into-tears-when-horse-wont-jump/

this poor woman possibly lost a chance at the gold because she was assigned a random horse who was having a bad day.

using animals as 'equipment' is dumb. that is all.

Equestrian and boxing are the only two Olympic events I regularly turn off.  It's beyond dumb.

Read somewhere that Chinese media included any medals from Taiwan, Hong Kong and Macao in their Olympic medal totals.

So they can be ahead of the US

It's killing them.

Suck it China!!

Users who are viewing this thread