What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2020 Anarchy League 2 Thread (1 Viewer)

posthumous[ pos-chuh-muhs, -choo- ]
adjective

1. arising, occurring, or continuing after one's death:
  2. published after the death of the author:
  3. born after the death of the father.
Who died?  :mellow:
I just mean that I meant to shake my fist at him for selecting Jared Cook awhile back but I didn't get around to it.

Most of Duck Boys picks tend to be players I wanted where he gets them. It could just be a timeless and permanent fist shaking for all that goes but CalBear wanted some shmack talk so I figured that gripe was worth a mention.

I just mean that I meant to shake my fist at him for selecting Jared Cook awhile back but I didn't get around to it.

Most of Duck Boys picks tend to be players I wanted where he gets them. It could just be a timeless and permanent fist shaking for all that goes but CalBear wanted some shmack talk so I figured that gripe was worth a mention.
I've had this problem with @Duckboy in the past, but it's been a while.  :ph34r:

Cue the Monty Python I’m not dead I feel happy... :ph34r:

Thought about Andrews versus Hill as I tend to favor the TEs early (discussion above is correct) but couldn’t pass on a top 2 WR in this format. Pretty sure he hurt his hammy about 10 minutes later. So we’ll see what I can pull out in the next couple of picks...

Duckboy said:
Cue the Monty Python I’m not dead I feel happy... :ph34r:

Thought about Andrews versus Hill as I tend to favor the TEs early (discussion above is correct) but couldn’t pass on a top 2 WR in this format. Pretty sure he hurt his hammy about 10 minutes later. So we’ll see what I can pull out in the next couple of picks...
What else floats in water? Bread. Apples. Very small rocks. Cider. Grape gravy. Cherries. Mud. A duck!

Pretty happy with what i have ended up with so far.

1.15     15     Cook, Dalvin MIN RB    

2.02    18    Hopkins, DeAndre ARI WR    

3.15    47    Cardinals, Arizona ARI TMQB    

4.02    50    Thielen, Adam MIN WR

I had Murray and Thielen as my top 2 players along with Cooper Kupp and DJ Moore as players I felt were most worthy of a top 50 pick after Johnathan Taylor was selected.

I feel ahead on several of these positional runs so far. It was nice to pair Hopkins with Murray.

Team rzrback77 thus far

1.6 Michael Thomas WR #1 - love to watch him play, excellent strength and hands in tandem wit Mr. Brees awesome accuracy

2.11 Josh Jacobs RB #9 - Wanted Evans and saw a bit of a plateau at WR there, so grabbed an RB

3.6 Allen Robinson WR #10 - considered Higbee and may have regrets later, but man did the WRs go fast and furious afterwards, nine of the last 13 picks

Team rzrback77 thus far

1.6 Michael Thomas WR1 - considered E. Elliott but preferred to start WR and love the Brees to Thomas connection

2.11 Josh Jacobs RB9 - was planning to go WR/WR or WR/TE but though WR was in a deep tier and am not a fan of TE early after the top six

3.6 Allen Robinson WR10 - A Rob's game is similar to Thomas, just hope the Bear's QB improves, like A Rob as as much as Golladay here and more than Cooper

4.11 drafted by "local" league yesterday and really surprised this one slowed so much -it is going to be a tough decision as I like several remaining

Did you have the folks from your home league vote on who you should pick in the 4th round?

I hope first season is still with us or can draft from the great beyond like Duckboy.

You're not fooling anyone you know?

Team rzrback77 thus far

1.6 Michael Thomas WR1 - considered E. Elliott but preferred to start WR and love the Brees to Thomas connection

2.11 Josh Jacobs RB9 - was planning to go WR/WR or WR/TE but though WR was in a deep tier and am not a fan of TE early after the top six

3.6 Allen Robinson WR10 - A Rob's game is similar to Thomas, just hope the Bear's QB improves, like A Rob as as much as Golladay here and more than Cooper

4.11 Chris Carson RB20 - third on my list of four so i am ok getting a solid RB here with a chance at the playoffs, wanted Ridley

@firstseason1988....Dude your killin us....lets go...if you don't want to do this let us know and tap out...

please sign up for the text notifications.....be considerate of others

Last edited by a moderator:
Dude, it is the weekend. We're not on a clock. Relax.
my bad...forgot we don't have to check in on weekends....I reached out to him earlier when he was OTC for 22+hours ....guess I shouldn't have and he would probably still be on the clock with that pick since weekends are different....we are actually lucky I guess....

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with Stinkin Ref. 

This sucks. Make your pick or predraft or leave a list for David or tell some one that you will be out of the loop for awhile and leave them a draft list to pass on to David. 

Do something.

@BroncoFreak_2K3 Your picks.

You are one pick away in league 4 now also. We are just waiting on Mr Landry there.

You all have caught up to me and Coordinator now as we start round 7.

I went through and looked at all of the other teams so far. I think I like what nittanylion has put together so far the most. Every other team had at least one pick I didn't agree with.

It will be interesting to see who is right about the most productive WR between Michael Gallup and CeeDee Lamb who were both selected in the 6th round. My money is on Lamb.

@BroncoFreak_2K3 Your picks.

You are one pick away in league 4 now also. We are just waiting on Mr Landry there.

You all have caught up to me and Coordinator now as we start round 7.

I went through and looked at all of the other teams so far. I think I like what nittanylion has put together so far the most. Every other team had at least one pick I didn't agree with.

It will be interesting to see who is right about the most productive WR between Michael Gallup and CeeDee Lamb who were both selected in the 6th round. My money is on Lamb.
@Biabreakable thanks I get texts when I’m up. 

1.03: Kittle, TE 49'ers

2.14: Cooper, WR Cowboys

3.03 QB Seahawks

I can't complain. Kittle got paid, he's the #1 target in the passing game and primary red zone threat for an offense that should be in the red zone frequently. My QB target for 2/3 was Cowboys, but didn't get back to me. Quite the run on RB going into my 2.14. In this format, I would have liked to have had Mixon, Jacobs or Sanders, had they fallen. I bought Aaron Jones last year in $$$ Dynasty RFA, and when I elected to go into rebuild mode, I sold him at a pretty profit at the trade deadline (to the eventual League Champ, so I guess he got his $$$'s worth), but despite his outstanding 2019 Season, I had a gut feeling the Packers weren't completely sold, and there might be some kind of offseason shakeup. Maybe there is, maybe there isn't. Had a decision to make at 2.14 between Chubb/Cooper. Concussion spooked me. Maybe I shouldn't have let it. Cooper over Golladay/Robinson partly because of QB, partly because of overall quality of offense, partly because of potential for extra games. Seahawks QB (as long as it's Wilson), represented a tier break for me, and those are picks I feel you have to make when drafting close to the corners on the far end between selections. I like my start.
4.14: Sutton, WR Broncos

5.03: Gordon, RB Broncos

6.14: Lamb, WR Cowboys

7.03: Lindsey, RB Broncos

Funny how the worm turns in these things. I'm bullish on Lock/Denver this year. Added some nice pieces to a solid young group of incumbents who all had a chance to grow together last year, plus Shurmer as OC. Look all-in on seeing if Lock is the man. I like the Team's approach to the offseason, and I think the #1 beneficiary of all of this is Sutton, who is already an alpha WR who performed well with much less of a supporting cast in 2019. I was surprised to see him still available at #62 OVR, and felt compelled to jump on him regardless...at that point I'm QB/WR/WR/TE - no RB and 22 gone after LBell and DJohnson went between 4.14/5.03. It boiled down to a decision between Ingram and Gordon as the first piece of cobbling something together. Went Gordon, and David took Ingram with the next pick. Gordon is the kind of player I like to try and figure out, because last year's shenanigans really turned me off to him. I've come to the conclusion that he's in for a big year, as I feel he's someone that could thrive off getting paid, staying in Division, and proving it. It was close though. You have to salivate about the Ravens rushing aggregates, but I think the approach with a League of this sort, you might succeed with a  plan to go Ingram/Dobbins, and I had started thinking about that when Sutton fell in my lap...

So, Yuds takes Ingram right after me, where I would have opted to take Ingram as the 1st pick of a short turn, and followed up with Dobbins on the way down, and since 4/5 felt too early to secure the follow-up pick (and landing Sutton where I didn't expect to), I didn't go down that road. It didn't really seem sensible for anyone else to draft Dobbins, much less an RB for a bit,  as there was so much meat still on the bone at other positions, and that played out - after Gordon/Ingram, 11 picks went by before another RB was taken, and only 5 total until it came back to me. David picked right before me, and I was thinking 'nice gamble', and figured he might take Dobbins. Expensive, but in this format, locking up the major percentage of an elite rushng offense with the potential to end up in the Super Bowl, maybe worth it. At that point, I still had only Gordon at RB, so, for me, Dobbins was in consideration. I had a lot of time to think about that whole pairing idea by the time it got back to me, and when I took Cooper, the thought had crossed my mind to try and score Cooper/Gallup/Lamb, through various rounds, but JWB took Gallup at 6.03. I'm somewhat enamored with what the Cowboys are putting together, and I went with the cheaper option of an elite passing offense to pair with Cooper. So, the turn passes back to me, and Dobbins is still there, with David having the next pick. This is such a fun League, with opportunity to experiment. Objectively, Dobbins will likely play more games than Lindsey, and the Ravens rush offense will likely produce more stats than the Broncos, and it's not RB PPR, but they're closely ranked, and basically just for the adventure and fun of it, I elected to obtain the majority percentage of Broncos RB touches, with a nod to possibly more mouths to feed in Baltimore...and a part of me just wanted David to have the opp to pair Ingram/Dobbins, and was looking to have some dialogue about how it played out that he landed the pairing after waiting a reasonable time to acquire the other piece...but surprisingly (to me, at least) it was not to be, as David passed on him yet again.

So, through 7 rounds, I have Russell Wilson, George Kittle, 3 Broncos (Sutton and Gordon/Lindsey) and 2/3 of Cowboys 3000-yard-potential WR trio. Neat, in a weird way. Fun experiment! Look forward to seeing how it plays out!

As I said before I like what nittany;ion has put together so far.

I have been doing some mental gymnastics about who will score more points in this format between Irv Smith and Justin Jefferson.

I have seen Jefferson make some ridiculously difficult catches in training camp highlights. He has very good hands and body control. Irv Smith hasn't stood out as much according to things I have read so dar.

If Smith has 45 receptions 450 yards and 4 TD in 2020 that would be 159 points. If Jefferson has 55 receptions 650 yards and 4 TD that would be 144 points.

Just something I found interesting as Jefferson was selected soon after I took Irv Smith.

As long as Smith improves on his production I dont have buyers remorse about my decision because of the positional value and relative scarcity of the positions, but that is one I have had to wonder about.

If Jefferson really outperforms that modest projection for him I will have made the wrong decision, but still be happy about it.

As I said before I like what nittany;ion has put together so far.

I have been doing some mental gymnastics about who will score more points in this format between Irv Smith and Justin Jefferson.

I have seen Jefferson make some ridiculously difficult catches in training camp highlights. He has very good hands and body control. Irv Smith hasn't stood out as much according to things I have read so dar.

If Smith has 45 receptions 450 yards and 4 TD in 2020 that would be 159 points. If Jefferson has 55 receptions 650 yards and 4 TD that would be 144 points.

Just something I found interesting as Jefferson was selected soon after I took Irv Smith.

As long as Smith improves on his production I dont have buyers remorse about my decision because of the positional value and relative scarcity of the positions, but that is one I have had to wonder about.

If Jefferson really outperforms that modest projection for him I will have made the wrong decision, but still be happy about it.
Jefferson is slated for a lot more than that if you ask me. Diggs took 1130/6 with him and Jefferson's at the top of the depth chart opposite Thielen.

Jefferson is slated for a lot more than that if you ask me. Diggs took 1130/6 with him and Jefferson's at the top of the depth chart opposite Thielen.
Yeah I am hoping so. Just going off a close approximation of Mike Clay and other projections I have seen for these players.

I have seen some impressive plays by Jefferson in camp highlights. I am not expecting him to just be able to replicate what Diggs has done though. Especially not in this offense. I don't know exactly what Diggs issue was with the Vikings, but I do think lack of opportunity in his view was the main reason why.

Anarchy99 said:
I can see it now. One of his two kickers will kick off in Week 3 (KC plays BAL) and while trying to knock the returner out of bounds, whiffs and crashes into the other kicker on the sideline. Both guys go on IR and don’t come back. 
I think I've lost kickers to injuries two or three years in a row now. TMPK!

I think I've lost kickers to injuries two or three years in a row now. TMPK!
I posted on this in one of the other threads. I don't like the idea of TMPK for the simple reason that players get hurt at other positions, why not have TMRB, TMWR, and TMTE as well? The way things are now, there is strategy involved in when to take a PK (they generally start getting picked in round 9 or so). Here's how things would look last year with TMPK . . .

KCC 200
NOS 186
SFO 185
BAL 171
DAL 162
TBB 156
ATL 151
MIN 151
JAC 142
ARI 141
DEN 140
DET 139
NEP 139
CAR 138
BUF 135
PIT 135
SEA 135
LAR 134
HOU 129
GBP 128
CIN 127
PHI 126
CLE 125
MIA 120.1
WAS 116
IND 113
CHI 106
OAK 103
NYJ 100
LAC 99
TEN 98
NYG 73

Sure, I suppose not having to take the hit on an injured kicker would be nice (I had kickers go on IR in these leagues). But it would dilute things to the point that there is not a lot of benefit to taking a TMPK early and limited risk in waiting on a TMPK (you know you automatically will score some points). As things stand now, holding out to the end of the draft to take kickers in camp battles, guys that may or may not be healthy, having to pick from teams with a ton of question marks is part of the risk / reward of dealing with kickers in this league.

Yeah, it's a drag if you took Gostkowski last year, but injuries happen from time to time. IMO, it's not worth giving teams that roll the dice on PK's the chance to benefit by not taking them when everyone else starts taking them.

I posted on this in one of the other threads. I don't like the idea of TMPK for the simple reason that players get hurt at other positions, why not have TMRB, TMWR, and TMTE as well? The way things are now, there is strategy involved in when to take a PK (they generally start getting picked in round 9 or so). Here's how things would look last year with TMPK . . .

KCC 200
NOS 186
SFO 185
BAL 171
DAL 162
TBB 156
ATL 151
MIN 151
JAC 142
ARI 141
DEN 140
DET 139
NEP 139
CAR 138
BUF 135
PIT 135
SEA 135
LAR 134
HOU 129
GBP 128
CIN 127
PHI 126
CLE 125
MIA 120.1
WAS 116
IND 113
CHI 106
OAK 103
NYJ 100
LAC 99
TEN 98
NYG 73

Sure, I suppose not having to take the hit on an injured kicker would be nice (I had kickers go on IR in these leagues). But it would dilute things to the point that there is not a lot of benefit to taking a TMPK early and limited risk in waiting on a TMPK (you know you automatically will score some points). As things stand now, holding out to the end of the draft to take kickers in camp battles, guys that may or may not be healthy, having to pick from teams with a ton of question marks is part of the risk / reward of dealing with kickers in this league.

Yeah, it's a drag if you took Gostkowski last year, but injuries happen from time to time. IMO, it's not worth giving teams that roll the dice on PK's the chance to benefit by not taking them when everyone else starts taking them.
I just don't get why you would have TMQB and not TMPK. PK is the stupidest position and it's stupid to have some rando Bill Grammatica injury take out 100 points.

I just don't get why you would have TMQB and not TMPK. PK is the stupidest position and it's stupid to have some rando Bill Grammatica injury take out 100 points.
Pretty sure it's because a rando injury at QB takes out a LOT more than 100 points. A rando QB injury without TMQB pretty much eliminates a team from contention, which is not necessarily true at PK (or any other position).

Users who are viewing this thread