What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019 STOCK CONTEST (2 Viewers)

I wonder if a FBG fund made up of annual picks would beat the S & P on a regular basis. With our collective wisdom, it must.

I wonder if a FBG fund made up of annual picks would beat the S & P on a regular basis. With our collective wisdom, it must.
Average FBG return as of today, assuming equal weights in all picks and not counting the TST blooper, shows 18.67%. Not bad, but S&P hit 19.94% YTD today. Crowdsourcing the average, or another pitch for index funds and passive investing... 

Granted, a stock picked in a contest may not be the stock one would put real cash into if they had say 10k. Some of these are very speculative. Would be interesting if each pick came with a few sentences of reasoning behind the pick. Always nice to add some things to ones radar.

Well 2019 is in the books and it was a great year in the market.  I sorted the spreadsheet by % gains, so everyone can see how their pick fell in the rankings.

@Ted Lange as your Bartender won the Guderian Award this year with a gain of 337.01%.

@kevzilla takes home the Eminence Award with a loss of 89.18%.

Collectively the FBG portfolio beat the S&P 500 35.43% to 28.88%.

@Andrew74 was the closest on the S&P 500 prediction at 3,077 (off by 153.78 points).

Users who are viewing this thread