What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019 Post Season Subscriber Contest (1 Viewer)

Crazy game.  More points by halftime (52) than either of yesterday's full games (40 & 37).  Cut has moved 26.90 (12.27 attributed to Kelce, 10.80 attributed to Mahomes).

Calcomatic is now loaded with the entries for the playoff contest.  Please let me know if you find anything wrong - for example I noticed that E. Sanders was still listed as a DEN WR instead of SF.  That's not a problem for the regular season but would be for the playoff contest because only 2 player per NFL team count until the super bowl.

Also, of interest - only 7 teams scored zero points this week and 2 of them are clearly a "bad" entry due to having only 2 NFL teams.  I don't have a querier but you can use the standings page to few the 7 teams with a zero at this point.
Blake Bell showing 0 points

So what's the cut projected to be?  Thanks to Mahomes and Kelce I'm sitting in ~980th with 119.6 and nobody left.

Looks like about 88 right now.

Packers/Seahawks would have to score a crapload to increase it. Don't see that happening.

Bruce Leroy said:
Looks like about 88 right now.

Packers/Seahawks would have to score a crapload to increase it. Don't see that happening.
I'm not sure why that would be?  It's moved a ton in the last two games.  Already moved 2 points in the first minutes.

105.9 moves you to week 3

In the AFC, I will have Mahomes, Kelce, Hill, Hardman, and Robinson (KC) along with Henry (TEN)

In the NFC I will have only MVS & Graham (GB)

I have no shot to win anything, but can put up a decent score if it's a KC/GB matchup.

I have....

Tannehill

Mahomes & Kelce

Mostert / Kittle / Breida

9 Packers including the defense

If the Packers make the Super Bowl, I have a shot at placing

105.9 moves you to week 3

In the AFC, I will have Mahomes, Kelce, Hill, Hardman, and Robinson (KC) along with Henry (TEN)

In the NFC I will have only MVS & Graham (GB)

I have no shot to win anything, but can put up a decent score if it's a KC/GB matchup.
That’s a lot. Not sure if Tabnehill/Stills/LJax/Adams/Ravens D/JimmyG, etc got me there. Maybe. 

Last edited by a moderator:
My biggest regret is using Wentz & Howard instead of D. Henry & a $6 Chief -- Oh well. Going to be a fun couple weeks keeping track

Gonna squeak thru to next week but I'm milktoast. 6 Niners and 2 Titans. 
Same. Perhaps there is some not-mathematically-impossible way for things to break so that my 6 Niners and 2 Titans are enough to finish in the money, but it's not worth spending any hope on.

Well, I advanced With 143.x, but I’m probably toast in the context. 

still can’t believe I had Henry in my lineup until the very last iteration when I swapped him out for a defense, TE & Lazard. I just didn’t think I had enough players & was worried about the week one cutoff (that didn’t matter) 

http://calcomatic.com/EntryLive/101537

lesson learned for next year. 

Same. Perhaps there is some not-mathematically-impossible way for things to break so that my 6 Niners and 2 Titans are enough to finish in the money, but it's not worth spending any hope on.
Gonna bomb through but also have six 9ers and Tannehill and Henry.  Next week the Turk comes.

In case anyone was wondering, my cheap team of 65 players would've scored 96.80 and missed the cut.  They gone.

WR - Corey Davis - TEN - $6 - 7.30, WR - Kalif Raymond - TEN - $2 - 11.50

WR - David Moore - SEA - $5 - 0.60, TE - Luke Willson - SEA - $2 - 2.40

WR - Miles Boykin - BAL - $4 - 5.60, TE - Hayden Hurst - BAL - $6 - 17.30

WR - Demarcus Robinson - KC - $4 - 1.40, TE - Blake Bell - KC - $2 - 10.50

WR - DeAndre Carter - HOU - $3 - 2.70, TE - Darren Fells - HOU - $6 - 12.70

TE - Jimmy Graham - GB - $6 - 9.40, TD - Green Bay Packers - GB - $6 - 5.00

TE - Irv Smith - MIN - $5 - 8.40, TE - Tyler Conklin - MIN - $2 - 2.00

Damn. 10 under with 4 Titans, Damien, and Metcalf. Kittle just didn't do enough. Should have taken a couple Packers (and chiefs) instead of worrying about the first week. 

Probably wasn't winning anyway unless kittle and brieda did all the scoring got the 49ers. 

Didn't advance and honestly with only max 2 per team in the SB should they get there it wouldn't matter anyway - best of luck to those still in the running! 

Well, I advanced with 168, but I don't know if it matters much.... limited resources remaining $136 of the $250... unlikley to go far with a max of 5 players (3 KC vs 2 SF) ... if they advance. 

Derrick Henry $15

Jonnu Smith $7

Patrick Mahomes $36

Tyreek Hill $26

Travis Kelce $22

Raheem Mostert $14

Deebo Samuel $16

spent too much $ on NOS players.... 

Does anyone have the cutoff number for Championship weekend the last couple of years?
It’s really insignificant. It will be driven by the total scoring.  With only two games there aren’t enough data points to extrapolate anything meaningful. That said, with all the carnage via NO and Baltimore, the cut line will be much lower than years past given equal scoring 

Does anyone have the cutoff number for Championship weekend the last couple of years?
74 last year, 59 before that, 132 before that, 65 before that, 83 before that, 102 before that, 71 before that

Week 3 cuts have been lower than week 2 cuts each of the last 7 years (and maybe more, but I didn't go back any farther).  The closest was 2016, when the week 3 cut was 91% of the week 2 cut.  The biggest difference was 2012, when the week 3 cut was 38% of the week 2 cut.  The average has been around 60%, which would put this year's cut at 63.  Problem is, this year there was no week 1 cut, so that throws a wrench into the mix.

I have 4 SF guys (jimmy, deebo, sanders, and kittle) and 4 KC guys (Mahomes, Hill, Watkins and Kelce) to go along with G.Joseph and Scantling this weekend.  Hopefully those six scores will advance me.  Not sure if 8 total KC/SF players will be enough to win it if they advance to the Superbowl.

Made it through at #70 overall for the week.  I will have 6 counting players for next week so I have a shot to make it through.  I am probably frozen out for the Super Bowl as it looks like Mostert has gone back to special teams guy and Robinson can't catch a cold.  I am sure other SF/KC stacks are in better shape than mine.

Ryan Tannehill           $14    9.70 23.70
Derrick Henry            $15    26.90 27.35

Patrick Mahomes          $36    0.00 51.35
Damien Williams          $16    0.00  25.80
LeSean McCoy             $10      0.00   0.00
Demarcus Robinson         $4      0.00   1.40
Travis Kelce             $22      0.00 46.40

Russell Wilson           $26    26.75 26.25
DK Metcalf               $15    29.00 9.90

Jimmy Garoppolo          $25    0.00 11.55
Raheem Mostert           $14    0.00   5.80
Kendrick Bourne          $11      0.00 13.00
George Kittle            $21      0.00   6.10

--------------------------------------------------------------
TOTAL                           114.45 209.50

A few things to consider for week 3:

- Lamar Jackson was rostered 1621 times, and scored 36 in week 2.  He will almost assuredly be the most common QB, even though he is dead meat.

- Brees is guaranteed to be no lower than the 3rd most common QB, behind only Jackson and Mahomes, but my guess is he will be #2, right behind Jackson.

- Michael Thomas was so common, even if he is on all 1057 booted teams, he will still be the most common WR by over 200 entries.

- Anyone who rostered both Mahomes and Kelce is a near lock to be battling in week 3.  They combined to score 8 shy of the cutoff.

- We may actually lose a handful of Kittle/Mostert owners.  They were the 5th and 7th most common, and neither scored well.

- Most of the 2000 entering week 3 will be doing so with a buttload of dead money.  Be happy if you aren't one of them.

- If every Kamara owner is booted, and every Tevin Coleman owner stays alive, there will still be more Kamara owners in week 3.

- Lamar Jackson was rostered 1621 times, and scored 36 in week 2.  He will almost assuredly be the most common QB, even though he is dead meat.

- Brees is guaranteed to be no lower than the 3rd most common QB, behind only Jackson and Mahomes, but my guess is he will be #2, right behind Jackson.

- Michael Thomas was so common, even if he is on all 1057 booted teams, he will still be the most common WR by over 200 entries.

- Anyone who rostered both Mahomes and Kelce is a near lock to be battling in week 3.  They combined to score 8 shy of the cutoff.

- We may actually lose a handful of Kittle/Mostert owners.  They were the 5th and 7th most common, and neither scored well.

- Most of the 2000 entering week 3 will be doing so with a buttload of dead money.  Be happy if you aren't one of them.
Any easy way to tell how many teams are stacked (4 or more) on each of the remaining teams?  It would give everybody an idea that even if your teams come in what chance  you have get in the money.....

Any easy way to tell how many teams are stacked (4 or more) on each of the remaining teams?  It would give everybody an idea that even if your teams come in what chance  you have get in the money.....
Sadly, nope.  FBG staff has not provided a contest querier like they do for the season long contest.  We are all just guessing at this point, but some of us have resorted to looking at rosters one entry at a time  :whistle:

Sadly, nope.  FBG staff has not provided a contest querier like they do for the season long contest.  We are all just guessing at this point, but some of us have resorted to looking at rosters one entry at a time  :whistle:
Well, I did a random sprinkling of teams (maybe about 15) and I was the only one with KC/SF so I am a shoe in for the title if they make it to the big game...hahhahahaa

Well, I did a random sprinkling of teams (maybe about 15) and I was the only one with KC/SF so I am a shoe in for the title if they make it to the big game...hahhahahaa
With the time I have spent, if I had the knowledge, I could've built a querier already.  Just for giggles, who are your Chiefs and Niners?

Cole Beasley $12 8.40 0.00

A.J. Brown $13 1.40 2.80
MyCole Pruitt $2 3.40 3.00

Patrick Mahomes $36 0.00 51.35
LeSean McCoy $10 0.00 0.00
Sammy Watkins $9 0.00 11.00
Mecole Hardman $8 0.00 3.90
Travis Kelce $22 0.00 46.40
Harrison Butker $12 0.00 9.00
Kansas City Chiefs $10 0.00 7.00

J.J. Arcega-Whiteside $3 0.00 0.00

Kirk Cousins $15 18.00 13.60

Marquez Valdes-Scantling $2 0.00 1.80

Jimmy Garoppolo $25 0.00 11.55
Raheem Mostert $14 0.00 5.80
Deebo Samuel $16 0.00 7.80
George Kittle $21 0.00 6.10
Robbie Gould $8 0.00 9.50
San Francisco 49ers $12 0.00 10.00

Seven players counting for week 3.  If TN has to pass at some point, maybe I'll get more than 6 points from my TN players.

KC-SF Super Bowl nets me 13 counting players, although I have LeSean McCoy and not Damien Williams, which could be the difference.

Cole Beasley $12 8.40 0.00

A.J. Brown $13 1.40 2.80
MyCole Pruitt $2 3.40 3.00

Patrick Mahomes $36 0.00 51.35
LeSean McCoy $10 0.00 0.00
Sammy Watkins $9 0.00 11.00
Mecole Hardman $8 0.00 3.90
Travis Kelce $22 0.00 46.40
Harrison Butker $12 0.00 9.00
Kansas City Chiefs $10 0.00 7.00

J.J. Arcega-Whiteside $3 0.00 0.00

Kirk Cousins $15 18.00 13.60

Marquez Valdes-Scantling $2 0.00 1.80

Jimmy Garoppolo $25 0.00 11.55
Raheem Mostert $14 0.00 5.80
Deebo Samuel $16 0.00 7.80
George Kittle $21 0.00 6.10
Robbie Gould $8 0.00 9.50
San Francisco 49ers $12 0.00 10.00

Seven players counting for week 3.  If TN has to pass at some point, maybe I'll get more than 6 points from my TN players.

KC-SF Super Bowl nets me 13 counting players, although I have LeSean McCoy and not Damien Williams, which could be the difference.
With the $45 you wasted trying to get past week 1, you could've had Damien and Tyreek, and still had $3 to spare.  Wussy!!   :D

I actually had Mahomes and Kelce..........and i missed the cut.    (got nothing from from T.Sharpe and 0.5 from Lazard)

The more people post, the more I think I have a Dumb and Dumber chance at this ish.  I need the 49ers to run the ball a ton, shut the Pack down and for TEN to follow their preferred gamescript with nobody vulturing TDs from Henry.

It's a long shot, but will make each game fairly palatable.

The more people post, the more I think I have a Dumb and Dumber chance at this ish.  I need the 49ers to run the ball a ton, shut the Pack down and for TEN to follow their preferred gamescript with nobody vulturing TDs from Henry.

I need KC to throw on every snap, kick no FG's, get no fumble recoveries, sacks, or INT's, and for Rodgers to get hurt, allowing MVS to QB the team by throwing only to Graham.  So you're telling me there's a chance?

I think anybody counting TEN out has REALLY not been paying attention. Their ability to shorten the game by running the football and playing bend-don't-break defense gives them a very good chance to beat KC also. Only worry I have is how much Henry has been used. He's going to be beat up and exhausted...

QB - Jimmy Garoppolo - SF - $25
QB - Ryan Tannehill - TEN - $14
RB - Damien Williams - KC - $16
RB - Derrick Henry - TEN - $15
RB - Raheem Mostert - SF - $14
RB - Duke Johnson - HOU - $10
RB - Travis Homer - SEA - $9
RB - Rex Burkhead - NE - $9
RB - Miles Sanders - PHI - $8
RB - Matt Breida - SF - $7
RB - Dion Lewis - TEN - $4
WR - Deebo Samuel - SF - $16
WR - Emmanuel Sanders - SF - $14
WR - A.J. Brown - TEN - $13
WR - Kenny Stills - HOU - $10
WR - Greg Ward - PHI - $10
WR - Mecole Hardman - KC - $8
WR - Allen Lazard - GB - $8
WR - Corey Davis - TEN - $6
WR - Tajae Sharpe - TEN - $5
TE - George Kittle - SF - $21
TE - Jonnu Smith - TEN - $7

only $56 in dead money at this point. Been very lucky in my selections...

I think anybody counting TEN out has REALLY not been paying attention. Their ability to shorten the game by running the football and playing bend-don't-break defense gives them a very good chance to beat KC also. Only worry I have is how much Henry has been used. He's going to be beat up and exhausted...
I watched the Pats all year and the Titans a bunch. The Titans can look like they'll kick anyone's ### one day, average the next. But I sat with the sheet in front of me, needing two players and couldn't shake the feeling that TN would beat the Pats on the road, almost handily. So the pick was to get me through Wk1 with money tied up in BUF and SEA, too, but very heavily invested in BAL/SF. I think I had fourteen guys going, and even predicted the Ingram flare-up, rostering Hill and Edwards.

But I needed SEA or BAL to win, and I think I'll have a tough time seeing this through.

QB - Jimmy Garoppolo - SF - $25
QB - Ryan Tannehill - TEN - $14
RB - Damien Williams - KC - $16
RB - Derrick Henry - TEN - $15
RB - Raheem Mostert - SF - $14
RB - Duke Johnson - HOU - $10
RB - Travis Homer - SEA - $9
RB - Rex Burkhead - NE - $9
RB - Miles Sanders - PHI - $8
RB - Matt Breida - SF - $7
RB - Dion Lewis - TEN - $4
WR - Deebo Samuel - SF - $16
WR - Emmanuel Sanders - SF - $14
WR - A.J. Brown - TEN - $13
WR - Kenny Stills - HOU - $10
WR - Greg Ward - PHI - $10
WR - Mecole Hardman - KC - $8
WR - Allen Lazard - GB - $8
WR - Corey Davis - TEN - $6
WR - Tajae Sharpe - TEN - $5
TE - George Kittle - SF - $21
TE - Jonnu Smith - TEN - $7

only $56 in dead money at this point. Been very lucky in my selections...
For a potential SB matchup, you have A.J. Brown, Jonnu, Leiws, Davis, and Sharpe over me for TN. I have Tannehill and Henry, so we're neutralized there.  I have no Garappolo but have Coleman and Gould over our other neutralized selections. So our matchup would be, should it get there and should I survive the cut line by some miracle, and to the best to my ability to read, my Coleman and Gould vs. your Brown, Simth, Lewis, Davis, Sharpe, and Garappolo should it happen.  

That would be our matchup. I like your chances if so. Somebody else has to have TN incidental or TN straight to win it against a loaded SF, don't they?

I'm going to put something together on calcomatic (hopefully tonight) that will help us see potential SB match ups and how teams might stack up.  It won't be able to predict which teams have the best chance to make the cut this week, but it will show the surviving entries with the most number of players for each of the 4 potential SB matchups.

Users who are viewing this thread