What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019 NBA Playoffs Thread: Toronto Raptors win NBA title #1.33 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Golden State must be pretty bad to have been down by 15+ points in the second half in three games to the worst conference finals team ever.   :lmao:
Do you realize how badly Kerr was trolling your team?  He even STARTED a third stringer who hasn't played in five months and rewarded the decision with three fouls in two minutes.  The Warriors played seriously for five halves and Portland still didn't win a single game.  

:lmao:

Apparently the poster ignoring tool on this website can't handle the volume of tjnc09's posts.  It literally only blocked like every other one.
I'm sure everyone appreciates your scouting reports like saying Draymond Green isn't that good and the Celtics are going to win the championship.  

Dubs just bad matchup for Blazers. Nuggets would have been a tougher out. The Blazers strength is their backcourt, but the Dubs' backcourt is better. Then after that no one can match Draymond. 

As happy as I am I am a bit worried. Everyone is hyping up what the Curry and the Dubs did in this series like they don't need Durant....but if Bucks beat the Raptors it'll be a scary series without KD. 

The Bucks are like the Clippers but with a superstar and longer, more athletic defenders. The Warriors will be physically outclassed at every position and that scares me. Curry will get roughed up and Middleton and Giannis could put a stop to Draymond's one man fastbreak. The Dubs still have Klay but he's not a reliable scorer because he can't dribble. 

So I'm hoping KD and Iggy can get back to full health. 

Warriors are a 1000 times more fun to watch without Durant. Hope he never plays there again. 
Agreed.  This is why Curry is my favorite player, even if he's not the best. Watching him and Klay run around off screens, or run an actual pick and roll (vs just screening to force a switch into ISO ball) is such great basketball to watch.

Warriors are a 1000 times more fun to watch without Durant. Hope he never plays there again. 
Agreed.  This is why Curry is my favorite player, even if he's not the best. Watching him and Klay run around off screens, or run an actual pick and roll (vs just screening to force a switch into ISO ball) is such great basketball to watch.
this i agree with i really like motion offense and when klay and stefano are running all over hell that is a lot of motion in the brocean and its fun to watch one thing that is not fun to watch is kobme that guy stinks the bag take that to the bank bromigos 

Draymond Green is as important a player to his team than just about any other player in the league except maybe the Alphabet and you can take that into your bank and smoke it brohammers.

General Malaise said:
Draymond Green is as important a player to his team than just about any other player in the league except maybe the Alphabet and you can take that into your bank and smoke it brohammers.
what i dont like about this thread is all the banking

one dont get to be all they are without the other

Capella said:
Trying to think of a worse conference finals team that I’ve ever seen. 
That’s unfair IMO given that they were playing a historically great team. I might take the Blazers over a number of Eastern Conference champions over the last 20 years, for example. 

General Malaise said:
Joel Embiid +/- in the series against Toronto. I don't remember exact numbers, but it was something like +90 when he is in, and -102 when he is off the floor.

That’s unfair IMO given that they were playing a historically great team. I might take the Blazers over a number of Eastern Conference champions over the last 20 years, for example. 
It is really a stupid statement and obviously just trying to take a dig at Blazers fans, probably me especially.

Blazers actually led more minutes than the Warriors did in the series they just couldn't close out the games.  Golden State was the better team but the series could very easily be tied right now.  

The big three for Golden State needed to play great and they absolutely did.  

When was the last time picks 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 were first-team all rookie? Woj announced the teams a few minutes ago:

First team:

Luka Doncic

Trae Young

Deandre Ayton

Jaren Jackson Jr

Marvin Bagley

Second Team:

Shai Gilgeous-Alexander

Collin Sexton

Landry Shamet

Mitchell Robinson

Kevin Huerter

It is really a stupid statement and obviously just trying to take a dig at Blazers fans, probably me especially.

Blazers actually led more minutes than the Warriors did in the series they just couldn't close out the games.  Golden State was the better team but the series could very easily be tied right now.  

The big three for Golden State needed to play great and they absolutely did.  
It’s not a dig on you. I don’t care about you at all. I especially have no beef with Portland fans, as the only other one I know is GM who is awesome  

The Blazers have some of the worst defense I’ve ever seen at this level. It was comically bad, to the point I couldn’t believe what I was watching. The two other teams the Warriors played this playoffs have extended them to six games, and that’s with Durant playing. 

And leading for a lot of the series and not winning a game isn’t exactly an argument for your point. 

Last edited by a moderator:
It’s not a dig on you. I don’t care about you at all. I especially have no beef with Portland fans, as the only other one I know is GM who is awesome  

The Blazers have some of the worst defense I’ve ever seen at this level. It was comically bad, to the point I couldn’t believe what I was watching. The two other teams the Warriors played this playoffs have extended them to six games, and that’s with Durant playing. 

And leading for a lot of the series and not winning a game isn’t exactly an argument for your point. 
I don't disagree the defense was bad, not having Nurc hurt.  However, it is extreme hyperbole to say one of the worst conference final teams ever.  No one that watched that series that understands basketball would say that.

Lillard, hurt or not, did not play as well as usual and Curry and Thompson couldn't miss all series.

I don't disagree the defense was bad, not having Nurc hurt.  However, it is extreme hyperbole to say one of the worst conference final teams ever.  No one that watched that series that understands basketball would say that.

Lillard, hurt or not, did not play as well as usual and Curry and Thompson couldn't miss all series.
Curry and Thompson couldn’t miss because the defense was awful. 

And it’s not hyperbole. The blazers got swept while the Warriors lost 4 games in the previous two rounds. Got nothing against the blazers at all, was rooting for them, but in each second half they got run over. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Curry and Thompson couldn’t miss because the defense was awful. 

And it’s not hyperbole. The blazers got swept while the Warriors lost 4 games in the previous two rounds. Got nothing against the blazers at all, was rooting for them, but in each second half they got run over. 
Agree to disagree.  Previous rounds mean nothing.  Curry was not red hot until second half of game 5 against Houston.  If he played like he did against Houston this series would be 2-2 or 3-1 Portland right now.

However, it is extreme hyperbole to say one of the worst conference final teams ever.  No one that watched that series that understands basketball would say that.

The Warriors were playing third stringers and Portland couldn't win a single game.  Some of the lineups Kerr rolled out were hilarious.  You really shouldn't talk about people not understanding basketball when it doesn't sound like you know anything at all.  

Lillard never plays well against GS.  He's a soft defender and too small to be effective against their defense.  It's almost like you've never actually watched them play before this year when they were "good"

Agree to disagree.  Previous rounds mean nothing.  Curry was not red hot until second half of game 5 against Houston.  If he played like he did against Houston this series would be 2-2 or 3-1 Portland right now.
He was red hot against Portland because their defense is terrible.  You are embarrassing yourself at this point.

The Warriors were playing third stringers and Portland couldn't win a single game.  Some of the lineups Kerr rolled out were hilarious.  You really shouldn't talk about people not understanding basketball when it doesn't sound like you know anything at all.  

Lillard never plays well against GS.  He's a soft defender and too small to be effective against their defense.  It's almost like you've never actually watched them play before this year when they were "good"
Again, the hyperboles of saying never are used too frequently.  I don't blame you for doing it because I see a lot of people stupidly do it too.  Lillard does have some good games against the Warriors.

He was red hot against Portland because their defense is terrible.  You are embarrassing yourself at this point.
There has been talk for years about Portland having two guards 6'3" as a serious limitation.  No better series to illustrate that than this one.  If they roll into the next regular season with both those guys starting, it will be more disappointment in the playoffs.  

nothing I post can ever be as bad as you seriously thinking Portland had a chance against GS.  They got SWEPT and you are still making ridiculous excuses.   :lmao:   :lmao:   :lmao:
If they didn't stand a chance why didn't you take the free money from GM or agree to admit Portland was better if they beat the Warriors?   It looked like you were a bit scared.  🤡

There has been talk for years about Portland having two guards 6'3" as a serious limitation.  No better series to illustrate that than this one.  If they roll into the next regular season with both those guys starting, it will be more disappointment in the playoffs.  
Believe me, no Portland fan was disappointed in these NBA playoffs.  Not sure what you are talking about.

Yep, and I read today Portland will offer Lillard the supermax which is such a mistake.  He will sell regular season tickets, but will never be good enough to win a ring.  

If they didn't stand a chance why didn't you take the free money from GM or agree to admit Portland was better if they beat the Warriors?   It looked like you were a bit scared.  🤡
Yeah, laughing at every one of your comments before the series showed how scared I was.  

I won a lot more than $50 banking on GS this series.  Thanks for your concern though.

:lol: Do you actually believe a word he says after the vomit he spews on this thread?
Ehhh, it's hard to argue against him when his team just steamrolled Portland, which is what he said it would do before game 1 started.  I'm not mad or upset; it was a better season for Portland than most people expected and they got swept by one of the best teams basketball has ever seen.  I'd rather be Portland than Orlando, for instance. ;)

Ehhh, it's hard to argue against him when his team just steamrolled Portland, which is what he said it would do before game 1 started.  I'm not mad or upset; it was a better season for Portland than most people expected and they got swept by one of the best teams basketball has ever seen.  I'd rather be Portland than Orlando, for instance. ;)
I’ve never lived in Orlando. :oldunsure:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread