What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019 FBG PDSL Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Just fyi....Bass was given a one day vacation by the board....he wasn’t being excellent.....this is what happens when you venture outside the mock draft forum.....be careful out there boys.....he says text him if something comes up....if you don’t have his number...let me know I can shout at him

Team Holloway through round 9

QB 1 - C.Wentz Philly QB 11 - hoping that he can stay healthy in year three. Big opportunity for him to be the focal point of the Eagle offense. Love their receiving corps.

QB 2 - M. Trubiski Chicago QB 19 - Considered Brady and Stafford, but went with Trubiski for some crazy reason. I do like the Bears offense, particularly the receivers including Cohen.

RB 1 - C. McCaffrey Carolina RB5 - finished as RB1 in this league a year ago, just needs to remain highly targeted and he can do his thing

RB 2 - J. McKinnon SF RB 35 - He will have had more than a year to recover and he remains an excellent receiving back that should remain involved in the offense, despite the signing of Coleman.

WR 1 - A.J. Green Cincinnati WR 11 - hopefully can play an injury free season

WR 2 - S. Diggs Minnesota WR 15 - keep thinking that he will get more targets, but finished as WR11 here last season even sharing targets with Theilen

WR 3 - J. Landry Cleveland WR 25 - even in a suppressed reception season a year ago, he finished as WR19, but will be second fiddle to Beckham in 2019

WR 4 - A. Miller Chicago WR 47 - big play guy on an up and coming offense seems like a good best ball WR (7 TDs on 33 catches as a rookie)

TE 1 - K. Rudolph Minnesota TE 11 - started to go with Hooper or Burton with obvious bye week match with Diggs, but expect better production with Rudolph and I will need to add depth both positions to cover

Team Holloway through round 9

QB 1 - C.Wentz Philly QB 11 - hoping that he can stay healthy in year three. Big opportunity for him to be the focal point of the Eagle offense. Love their receiving corps.

QB 2 - M. Trubiski Chicago QB 19 - Considered Brady and Stafford, but went with Trubiski for some crazy reason. I do like the Bears offense, particularly the receivers including Cohen.

RB 1 - C. McCaffrey Carolina RB5 - finished as RB1 in this league a year ago, just needs to remain highly targeted and he can do his thing

RB 2 - J. McKinnon SF RB 35 - He will have had more than a year to recover and he remains an excellent receiving back that should remain involved in the offense, despite the signing of Coleman.

WR 1 - A.J. Green Cincinnati WR 11 - hopefully can play an injury free season

WR 2 - S. Diggs Minnesota WR 15 - keep thinking that he will get more targets, but finished as WR11 here last season even sharing targets with Theilen

WR 3 - J. Landry Cleveland WR 25 - even in a suppressed reception season a year ago, he finished as WR19, but will be second fiddle to Beckham in 2019

WR 4 - A. Miller Chicago WR 47 - big play guy on an up and coming offense seems like a good best ball WR (7 TDs on 33 catches as a rookie)

TE 1 - K. Rudolph Minnesota TE 11 - started to go with Hooper or Burton with obvious bye week match with Diggs, but expect better production with Rudolph and I will need to add depth both positions to cover
I would say this is an excellent team.

Did a quick check this morning on the quarterback drafting, comparing 2018 with 2019

• 18 round 1, zero drafted - 19 round 1 one drafted
  • 18 round 2, one  - 19 round 2, none
  • 18 round 3, none - 19 round 3 none
  • 18 round 4, four - 19 round 4 none
  • 18 round 5, eight - 19 round 5, two - cumulative after round 5 has 2019 with ten less QBs drafted
  • 18 round 6, seven - 19 round 6, ten - cumulative after round 6 has 2019 with five less QBs drafted

Luck, Andrew IND QB 479.85 - 5.15

Mixon, Joe CIN RB 243.40 - 2.02
Mack, Marlon IND RB 178.10 - 3.15
Lindsay, Phillip DEN RB 222.80 - 4.02

Adams, Davante GBP WR 327.60 - 1.15
Westbrook, Dede JAC WR 177.50 - 8.02
Samuel, Curtis CAR WR 138.80 - 9.15
Jackson, DeSean PHI WR 151.30 - 10.02

Walker, Delanie TEN TE 13.20 - 6.02
McDonald, Vance PIT TE 185.00 - 7.15

Halfway home and I'm just happy I kept this puppy out of the ditch after the questionable decision to go RB-RB-RB early.

Landing Luck significantly later than I expected a top-3 QB to be available dramatically increased my flexibility. Instead of immediately having to burn another pick on a QB2, I was able to double-tap serviceable (if unsexy) TEs, then grab three straight best-ball studs to rotate in behind Adams. With one backup already in place at every non-QB position and a flex starter I can spend the next few rounds grabbing value wherever it falls.

Not my all-time favorite team or anything, but miles better than it could've been.

Halfway home….

1.12 Patrick Mahomes KC QB1

Gives me shot most weeks to stay in the mix. 

4.05 Damien Williams KC RB23

It’s an if, but if Williams is the man in KC, getting him at RB23 is SOD.  Dude was a beast down the stretch and in playoffs.  Seems like a great fit in this offense.  You could argue KC didn’t really miss a beat at RB after losing Hunt.  Kinda thinking Hyde becomes Ware 2.0.  As a KC fan, I like the Hyde signing, as a Williams owner, yeah it gets my attention, but doesn’t move the needle much fantasy wise IMO.  Is Hyde really any better than Ware? Looking back, kinda glad Mr. I snagged Lindsey to take that option off my plate. 

6.05 Rashaad Penny SEA RB30

Penny on another one of my teams….no way. Looked good and explosive on limited touches, rolling for upside hear and Davis leaving frees up about 150+ touches.  

8.05 Tevin Coleman SF RB33

Shanahan hand picks Coleman again, rejoining him in SF.  Watch what teams do and not what they say.  I was watching. McKinnon made it past the April 1 deadline and Lynch gave him the vote of confidence, securing him $3.7, but SF could still cut him in June and save $3.75.  We shall see, McKinnon will have to prove he is back, but either way, I feel Coleman is the guy to own in SF and will receive plenty of touches, including around the goal line>  Coleman seems to find the end zone at a pretty good clip each year. Was glad to see him survive the turn. 

9.12 Latavius Murray NOS RB38

So truth be told, I almost took Murray instead of Coleman at 8.05 so as it was getting closer to this pick I thought it was kinda cool he might make it back to me.  Obviously assuming he assumes the Ingram role here,  so he will see consistent touches behind one of the best lines in football on a team that likes to run it and moves the chains because they have talent elsewhere.  Murray has a history of getting some goal line work as well.  Is there that much difference between Murray and Ingram talent wise?  I don’t know for sure but towards the end of the 9th and as my RB4 I’ll give it a go.  If Ingram was still there instead of Murray….where would he have been drafted?  Ingram went in the 2nd and then the 6th in the WSL’s before we knew he was leaving NOS. Anyway, rolling some dice with all four of these guys right now, but if they assume significant roles I should be ok and may get some flex appeal here at RB.

2.05 Antonio Brown OAK WR7
Brown should be the focal point of the offense, they will look to get him the rock. Decent value in the 2nd. I sniffed DJ but Brown was tough to pass here and I kind of had a plan for RB later. 

5.12 Corey Davis TEN WR34
Boring pick but again I felt he was kind sticking out like Njoku was as the end of a tier.  Preferred him higher over all the WR’s taken after him in Sheppard, Tate, Jones, etc, and not many other WR’s went as the QB run started.  Davis shold have a decent floor most weeks but not much of a ceiling. 

7.12 DK Metcalf FA WR41
Swinging for the fences here and looking to add some pop to a pretty boring team. Destination will be key. Talent is there. 

10.05 A. J. Brown FA WR56

So after my 9.12 pick I wrote down three names in no particular order.  Carr, M. Davis, and A.J. Brown.  Ryheaps snagged Davis so that left me with Carr (who I think was great value IMO) and Brown. Carr went immediately after me to BTSW so I can talk here without name dropping.  Not sure why Carr fell so far and why some of the guys ahead of him were taken.  I must be missing something, but I think Carr could be in the QB12-13 area this year.  So it really hurt passing on him as what I felt would have been solid insurance for Mahomes.  But after committing to Mahomes and spending some capital on Coleman/Murray who I thought represented value, I only had 3 Wr’s on the roster and a long time before my next pick.  I will snag something later to ride with Mahomes in my ride and die effort.  Looking at this year as a test run to kind of challenge myself to see what I can put together after taking Mahomes in the first in every draft.  Anyway, I lik Brown to make an impact pretty quickly and there seemed to be more upside there that any of the JAGS still left at WR.  Brown may have more impact that Metcalf right off the bat. Chance Brown falls to late first which should mean a solid team and a good situation. A.J. was a target, glad to add him.

3.12 David Njoku CLE TE9

With 8 off the board and 2 of guys behind me still not having a TE, this seemed like the right time. Njoku felt like the last of the tier that I had in my head, and looking back, I feel I may have got kinda lucky he made it to me. I think many of you agree as only 1 other TE went in the 24 picks after this one. I won’t be surprised to see Njoku leap frog a few taken before him and end up top 5. 

:banned:

Last edited by a moderator:
Halfway home….

Gives me shot most weeks to stay in the mix. 

It’s an if, but if Williams is the man in KC, getting him at RB23 is SOD.  Dude was a beast down the stretch and in playoffs.  Seems like a great fit in this offense.  You could argue KC didn’t really miss a beat at RB after losing Hunt.  Kinda thinking Hyde becomes Ware 2.0.  As a KC fan, I like the Hyde signing, as a Williams owner, yeah it gets my attention, but doesn’t move the needle much fantasy wise IMO.  Is Hyde really any better than Ware? Looking back, kinda glad Mr. I snagged Lindsey to take that option off my plate. 

Penny on another one of my teams….no way. Looked good and explosive on limited touches, rolling for upside hear and Davis leaving frees up about 150+ touches.  

Shanahan hand picks Coleman again, rejoining him in SF.  Watch what teams do and not what they say.  I was watching. McKinnon made it past the April 1 deadline and Lynch gave him the vote of confidence, securing him $3.7, but SF could still cut him in June and save $3.75.  We shall see, McKinnon will have to prove he is back, but either way, I feel Coleman is the guy to own in SF and will receive plenty of touches, including around the goal line>  Coleman seems to find the end zone at a pretty good clip each year. Was glad to see him survive the turn. 

So truth be told, I almost took Murray instead of Coleman at 8.05 so as it was getting closer to this pick I thought it was kinda cool he might make it back to me.  Obviously assuming he assumes the Ingram role here,  so he will see consistent touches behind one of the best lines in football on a team that likes to run it and moves the chains because they have talent elsewhere.  Murray has a history of getting some goal line work as well.  Is there that much difference between Murray and Ingram talent wise?  I don’t know for sure but towards the end of the 9th and as my RB4 I’ll give it a go.  If Ingram was still there instead of Murray….where would he have been drafted?  Ingram went in the 2nd and then the 6th in the WSL’s before we knew he was leaving NOS. Anyway, rolling some dice with all four of these guys right now, but if they assume significant roles I should be ok and may get some flex appeal here at RB.

Brown should be the focal point of the offense, they will look to get him the rock. Decent value in the 2nd. I sniffed DJ but Brown was tough to pass here and I kind of had a plan for RB later. 

Boring pick but again I felt he was kind sticking out like Njoku was as the end of a tier.  Preferred him higher over all the WR’s taken after him in Sheppard, Tate, Jones, etc, and not many other WR’s went as the QB run started.  Davis shold have a decent floor most weeks but not much of a ceiling. 

7.12 DK Metcalf FA WR41
Swinging for the fences here and looking to add some pop to a pretty boring team. Destination will be key. Talent is there. 

So after my 9.12 pick I wrote down three names in no particular order.  Carr, M. Davis, and A.J. Brown.  Ryheaps snagged Davis so that left me with Carr (who I think was great value IMO) and Brown. Carr went immediately after me to BTSW so I can talk here without name dropping.  Not sure why Carr fell so far and why some of the guys ahead of him were taken.  I must be missing something, but I think Carr could be in the QB12-13 area this year.  So it really hurt passing on him as what I felt would have been solid insurance for Mahomes.  But after committing to Mahomes and spending some capital on Coleman/Murray who I thought represented value, I only had 3 Wr’s on the roster and a long time before my next pick.  I will snag something later to ride with Mahomes in my ride and die effort.  Looking at this year as a test run to kind of challenge myself to see what I can put together after taking Mahomes in the first in every draft.  Anyway, I lik Brown to make an impact pretty quickly and there seemed to be more upside there that any of the JAGS still left at WR.  Brown may have more impact that Metcalf right off the bat. Chance Brown falls to late first which should mean a solid team and a good situation. A.J. was a target, glad to add him.

3.12 David Njoku CLE TE9

With 8 off the board and 2 of guys behind me still not having a TE, this seemed like the right time. Njoku felt like the last of the tier that I had in my head, and looking back, I feel I may have got kinda lucky he made it to me. I think many of you agree as only 1 other TE went in the 24 picks after this one. I won’t be surprised to see Njoku leap frog a few taken before him and end up top 5. 

:banned:
Excellent write up Ref. 

Huge fan of the Mahommes pick.  That's some fourth demensional drafting you are doing there.  Wouldn't be surprised if this move ended up being renamed the Ref-Mahomme Gambit and propelled you into the fantasy football HOF.

Excellent write up Ref. 

Huge fan of the Mahommes pick.  That's some fourth demensional drafting you are doing there.  Wouldn't be surprised if this move ended up being renamed the Ref-Mahomme Gambit and propelled you into the fantasy football HOF.
who is this guy.....where did you come from

I don't particularly like being the first to grab a kicker but if patterns continue it looks like there's a run about to commence. I might as well get in front of it.

Thought about playing the game of QB chicken with Bass for another couple rounds. But behind Luck only a high-variance QB2 makes sense, so once Ref grabbed Murray I bit the bullet on Fitzmagic.

As crazy as it seems on the surface I imagine he’ll count for me 3-4 times this year.

Thought about playing the game of QB chicken with Bass for another couple rounds. But behind Luck only a high-variance QB2 makes sense, so once Ref grabbed Murray I bit the bullet on Fitzmagic.

As crazy as it seems on the surface I imagine he’ll count for me 3-4 times this year.
He will and good pick.  

A couple of thoughts related to our collective drafting habits:

1. The major difference in this year's drafts and a year ago has been the slightly longer wait for taking the second quarterback
  2. A year ago, eight were taken in the 5th round & seven more in the 6th, whereas this year only two in the 5th & then 12 in the 6th
  3. With kickers, a year ago only one was taken by the12th round, but then 13 grabbed in the 13th
  4. This year it appears that the "kicker run" started a round earlier, by may be spread over a couple or even three rounds
  5. Slightly more patience or a will to avoid or delay the runs, which seem more pronounced with QB and PK than any other position
  6. Looking at QB, RB, WR and TE - after the tenth round all positions except TE were within one of the same number taken to this point, with TE having three more drafted

1. The major difference in this year's drafts and a year ago has been the slightly longer wait for taking the second quarterback
  2. A year ago, eight were taken in the 5th round & seven more in the 6th, whereas this year only two in the 5th & then 12 in the 6th
  3. With kickers, a year ago only one was taken by the12th round, but then 13 grabbed in the 13th
  4. This year it appears that the "kicker run" started a round earlier, by may be spread over a couple or even three rounds
  5. Slightly more patience or a will to avoid or delay the runs, which seem more pronounced with QB and PK than any other position
  6. Looking at QB, RB, WR and TE - after the tenth round all positions except TE were within one of the same number taken to this point, with TE having three more drafted
What about the clown that jumps the gun on Defense?  Any stats there?

3. With kickers, a year ago only one was taken by the 12th round, but then 13 grabbed in the 13th
I assume we used the flex in this league last year or we wouldn't have been surprised about it being in the settings, so that doesn't explain the extra TEs.

Through 10 rounds there were 47 RBs, 58 WRs and 26 TEs drafted. Last year RB47 scored 102.6 points, TE26 107.1, but WR58 scored 123.5. Looks like the folks who reached a round or two on their TE2 (to say nothing of the dumb-### who already took a TE3) left some value on the table at the flex spot.

I assume we used the flex in this league last year or we wouldn't have been surprised about it being in the settings, so that doesn't explain the extra TEs.

Through 10 rounds there were 47 RBs, 58 WRs and 26 TEs drafted. Last year RB47 scored 102.6 points, TE26 107.1, but WR58 scored 123.5. Looks like the folks who reached a round or two on their TE2 (to say nothing of the dumb-### who already took a TE3) left some value on the table at the flex spot.
6 of those TEs went undrafted.  7 of the 58 WRs went undrafted, 4 in the 54-55 range. People are jumping on those TEs because it’s sketchy quickly at that position 

6 of those TEs went undrafted.  7 of the 58 WRs went undrafted, 4 in the 54-55 range. People are jumping on those TEs because it’s sketchy quickly at that position 
On the flip side, if a quarter of last year's top 24 went undrafted, it's hard not to conclude the TEs actually being picked in that range are replacement-level talent.

Maybe it's the case that more TE2s put up starter numbers than their RB4 or WR5 counterparts? Don't have the numbers or the time to dig into it, but that might justify it.

On the flip side, if a quarter of last year's top 24 went undrafted, it's hard not to conclude the TEs actually being picked in that range are replacement-level talent.

Maybe it's the case that more TE2s put up starter numbers than their RB4 or WR5 counterparts? Don't have the numbers or the time to dig into it, but that might justify it.
Could just be that TEs are injured more which skews my numbers and we should be drafting WRs earlier 

i think it comes down to most of us having more WRs sleepers in our pocket than TE sleepers. Also rookie WRs can be viable where rookie TEs aren’t usually 

Honestly I just feel a lot more confident in Gerald Everett plus a round 20 WR than agholor (who was on my very short list) and the round 20 TE. obviously I could be wrong.

i think it comes down to most of us having more WRs sleepers in our pocket than TE sleepers. Also rookie WRs can be viable where rookie TEs aren’t usually 
Yep.

Hockenson and fant could be very good dynasty picks. But they sure went earlier than I'd want in redraft. Even ertz and Kelce didn't produce all that well as rookies.

With 6 rounds to go, the core of our teams should be in place.  So far my team is decent throughout, unlikely to produce any top 3 positional groups (although QB is possible) but likely no bottom feeders either (assuming my rookies produce). 

Darnold, Sam NYJ QB    -    7.16
Watson, Deshaun HOU QB    -    6.01

- I think Darnold develops well in his 2nd year, while Watson continues to be a star. 

Cohen, Tarik CHI RB        -    4.01
Henderson, Darrell FA  RB -    14.01
McCoy, LeSean BUF RB    -    8.01
Montgomery, David FA RB    ‐    -    10.01

- Perhaps a little too reliant on rookie RBs, but I think at least one of these two does well as a rookie.  Cohen should be a strong RB1 in PPR, McCoy should (hopefully) bounce back as his QB and their receivers improve.  Not a great crew but should be solid.  Will probably add depth later. 

Funchess, Devin IND WR   -    9.16
Robinson, Allen CHI WR    -    3.16
Smith-Schuster, JuJu PIT WR  -    2.01
Tate, Golden NYG WR    -    5.16

- Depth will come later.  These 4 provide a volume play, a bounce back candidate, a solid 3, and a best ball play.  Funchess didn't do well last year, but he gets to be the #2 for one of the best QBs in the league now.  I won't expect great season totals, but he should have some nice games. 

Everett, Gerald LAR TE     -    11.16
Kittle, George SFO TE    -    1.16

- Everett is one of my 2019 value picks, although I've been waiting for him to develop for two years now.  I think I underrate Kittle even after taking him in the first, but he's a top TE. 

Lutz, Wil NOS PK    -    12.01

- One of the best IMO, although kickers are hard to predict. 

Rams, Los Angeles LAR Def    -    13.16

The #2 defense last year lost Suh and Barron, gain Clay Matthews.  While it could slide a bit, it will still be among the best in the league.  

Been eyeing Witten for awhile. Should be a good safety net and occasional flex
He's fine value here but I'm skeptical of him being anything substantial this year.

Love the player, even seems like a good dude. But the year away can hurt and he wasn't all that good in 17.  

Factoid that may interest only me:

With 18/20 rounds in the books, there have already been 11 selections that went undrafted in both WSLs - last year's PDSL had just 6 at this stage and 14 overall. Even more surprising to me - although the combine is often a big factor in sorting out rookies, 10 of the 11 new draftees were actually vets. Here they are thus far:

Code:
Davis, Mike CHI RB		10.03
Swaim, Geoff DAL TE		10.13
Fitzpatrick, Ryan MIA QB	12.02
Brown, Marquis ROOK WR		14.05
Witten, Jason DAL TE		14.08
Coleman, Corey CLE WR		15.02
Fountain, DauriceIND WR		17.02
Brown, Malcolm LAR RB		17.09
Catanzaro, Chandler CAR PK	18.08
Montgomery, Ty BAL RB		18.14
Benjamin, Kelvin KCC WR		18.15

Mr. Irrelevant said:
Factoid that may interest only me:

With 18/20 rounds in the books, there have already been 11 selections that went undrafted in both WSLs - last year's PDSL had just 6 at this stage and 14 overall. Even more surprising to me - although the combine is often a big factor in sorting out rookies, 10 of the 11 new draftees were actually vets. Here they are thus far:

Davis, Mike CHI RB 10.03
Swaim, Geoff DAL TE 10.13
Fitzpatrick, Ryan MIA QB 12.02
Brown, Marquis ROOK WR 14.05
Witten, Jason DAL TE 14.08
Coleman, Corey CLE WR 15.02
Fountain, DauriceIND WR 17.02
Brown, Malcolm LAR RB 17.09
Catanzaro, Chandler CAR PK 18.08
Montgomery, Ty BAL RB 18.14
Benjamin, Kelvin KCC WR 18.15

Some of these make sense to me, Witten, Fitz and Davis for sure. 

What changed with fountain and KB?

almost pulling in the driveway….

11.12 Kyler Murray FA QB30

With Mahomes hopefully holding down the fort most weeks, if gonna take a second, might as well be some upside.  Murray should start day 1 and offer potential any given week if needed. Should outproduce QB30.

Good chance I just ride with these four and hope they stay healthy.  If bye weeks are kind, I should post two scores here.  Some things need to go my way in the draft and training camp to solidify their roles. Not an attention grabbing knock your socks off group but I see some decent weekly production.  But for sure lower end in the league group on paper heading in. 

7.12 DK Metcalf FA WR41
13.12 DeVante Parker MIA WR70
14.05 Marquise Brown FA WR74
16.05 Deebo Samuel FA WR84
17.12 Danny Amendola DET WR89

So since the last write up that that FishnSuds dude liked so much, I added Parker, M. Brown, Samuel, and Amendola.  So my draft approach took a pretty significant change of direction here in the PDSL.  I am usually a rookie adverse drafter in these things for the most part but I kept looking at all the draft lists I was using for guides and basically kept seeing all the same ol same ol JAGs.  It looked really boring at almost every position after round 10.  So after Parker, instead of adding the boring we have already seen what we are probably going to get Crowders, Sanus Agholors, Goodwins, Gabriel’s, Wilsons of the world I decided to keep the rookie train going and try to hit on some upside and swing for the fences.  Probably not going to hit on all these rookies, but might on a couple and maybe they outperform the JAGs. So half this unit is made up of rookies, most (except for Samuel I think) are projected to go in the first round, so they should be in line for immediate workloads. There is something to like about each of them, mostly some big play potential which is a viable strategy in a Survivor format, as one big play can be a counting score that week. With the flex added in to this league, going 8 deep with some pop could produce the same kinda points the guys chasing the marginal TE 2PPR advantage they think they are getting. Hell at least the draft should be fun to watch. I’m still searching to see if there is another guy named Brown I could add here. But with vets like AB, Davis, and Parker, mixing in some high octane could work.  Gonna sound weird but I was pretty excited about the Amendola pick as I had kind of been eyeing him for awhile and thought he would be a nice steady addition to this group of risks.  I feel he was brought into DET “for a reason” by some of his old coaches from NE, and it wasn’t for his blocking. If he mans the slot and gives me 5 for 60 most weeks, that could be a 10 or 11 points I need to advance and stay above the cut line.  

3.12 David Njoku CLE TE9
18.05 Irv Smith Jr. FA TE36

Waited a really long time to add a second here but used the same approach.  Rookie upside with a guy I have seen also projected to go in the first round.  Smith is generally regarded as the 3rd TE off the board (but I have seen him projected by some maybe ahead of TJ and Fant) but also an immediate three down addition to a starting lineup. Again, shooting for the upside instead of the JAGs which dominate the TE position after about TE10 or so.  Really after the top 3 or so IMO. 

12.05 Greg Zuerlien LAR PK3

If I end up rolling with one I’m happy here.

15.12 Minnesota Vikings DST9

Who the hell knows with DST’s.  Will add something here to at least give me two options. I would like to see us revisit the PK and DST scoring in future drafts and try to add a little more substance to the positions.  The scoring seems stale and really low.  A shutout IMO should be worth more than 5 points as should holding a team to under 200 yards in todays NFL. Just IMO

Overall, two picks left, kinda like this team, should be one of my funner ones to watch.  Even if "the tribe has spoken" speaks to me early, it will be nice to see where they would have ended up if it were like an Anarchy/total points format.  I may need some immunities, but there is some potential for those with this group me thinks.  :banned:

@BassNBreware you back home? Are you able to complete the rest of the draft? I would love to hear your story of this busy weekend that I spent mostly in bed or on the couch running fever. I did win a couple of bracket challenges while I was resting.

I do not know the details, but this sounds definitely like a story worth sharing and hopefully challenges me to be more active as I approach retirement.

@BassNBreware you back home? Are you able to complete the rest of the draft? I would love to hear your story of this busy weekend that I spent mostly in bed or on the couch running fever. I did win a couple of bracket challenges while I was resting.

I do not know the details, but this sounds definitely like a story worth sharing and hopefully challenges me to be more active as I approach retirement.
Yes I'm back and thank you for filling in.  I had a 100 mile trail race on foot.  Started at 6am Saturday and finished about 9:05am on Sunday.  Outside of a few short breaks to change shoes/sock and to refuel, it was pretty much non-stop.  Ran most of the first 67 miles and then was reduced to hiking most of the last 33 miles.  I'm 52 and 20 pounds overweight.  There were several 70+ year olds that finished and several people in worse shape than me.  One person who was running the 50 mile event finished and proceeded to remove their prostetic leg.

Yes I'm back and thank you for filling in.  I had a 100 mile trail race on foot.  Started at 6am Saturday and finished about 9:05am on Sunday.  Outside of a few short breaks to change shoes/sock and to refuel, it was pretty much non-stop.  Ran most of the first 67 miles and then was reduced to hiking most of the last 33 miles.  I'm 52 and 20 pounds overweight.  There were several 70+ year olds that finished and several people in worse shape than me.  One person who was running the 50 mile event finished and proceeded to remove their prostetic leg.
Quite an accomplishment congrats.... :thumbup: ....

Darnold, Sam NYJ QB 7.16

Watson, Deshaun HOU QB 6.01

- we all like our picks of course and expect them to exceed draft slot, but I'll be shocked if Darnold doesn't do much better than the 23rd QB. Watson likely won't do better than qb4 but shouldn't slide much either. 

Cohen, Tarik CHI RB 4.01

Henderson, Darrell FA RB 14.01

Hill, Justice FA RB 18.01

McCoy, LeSean BUF RB 8.01

Montgomery, David FA RB 10.01

- 3 rookies, a midget and a geriatric. you can never have enough rookie RBs, right? :oldunsure:  I'll need some luck with this crew but I think Hill can be good in best ball. At least I'll have a little more interest in where these backs end up. 

Funchess, Devin IND WR 9.16

Robinson, Allen CHI WR 3.16

Ross, John CIN WR 15.16

Smith-Schuster, JuJu PIT WR 2.01

St. Brown, Equanimeous GBP WR 17.16

Tate, Golden NYG WR 5.16

- I had contemplated back in the 13/14 turn taking MVS and St brown back to back. One of these two should do well most games although I think it will be inconsistent as to which.  I still like St brown a lot despite his falling in last year's NFL draft. Rodgers seems to like throwing to him. I think Ross improves with the new staff. He was one of the players I avoided as a rookie but think he's somewhat underrated now. Certainly has the speed to break a big play every so often. I think this is a solid crew with a little depth. 

Everett, Gerald LAR TE 11.16

Kittle, George SFO TE 1.16

Seferian-Jenkins, Austin JAC TE.20.01

Shaheen, Adam CHI TE 19.16

- I didn't realize I had removed my 19th round preselect but not my 20th. So when my last pick came up, I went with my usual last round flier (Shaheen) and planned to take the last defense. Instead I now have 4 TEs but I'll take it. Kittle is a stud, I think ASJ can come back although he's probably a wasted pick, and Everett and Shaheen remain two of my favorite upside picks this year. Cheap and I think talented but haven't broken through yet. 

Lambo, Josh JAC PK 16.01

Lutz, Wil NOS PK 12.01

- Two good kickers, I think the jags offense gets better this year. 

Rams, Los Angeles LAR Def 13.16

- Wasn't really planning on going solo on defense but at least there's zero risk of missing games here. 

Team Holloway (Almost) Final Team Report

QBs

1. Wentz 6.12 as QB11 - Wentz finished at QB 11 a year ago in ppg scoring. Expecting him to be healthy in 2019 and the leader of the Eagles offense as it takes flight again.
  2. Trubiski 7.5 as QB 19 - Trubiski finished at QB 13 a year ago in ppg scoring. Expect continued growth and potentially more RB receptions this year - anticipate these competing for top 1/2 of the league so should not be severely losing ground at QB
RBs

1. McCaffrey 1.5 as RB5 (or possibly 4 - might have been a missed pick here) - great ppr running back, finished at RB 2 a season ago - always heavily involved and a great feature back so that I can delay stacking RBs till later in the draft to cobble a group RBBC 2
  2. McKinney 9.5 as RB 35 - question marks abound coming off a lost 2018 with Freeman signed by SF. Regardless, he is an excellent receiving back and will have a role, if healthy
  3. Duke Johnson 11.5 as RB49 - finished at RB 38 in a down year for him in 2018. another excellent receiving back who could be a draft day trade and see an uptick
  4. Gio Bernard 13.5 as RB58 - finished at RB52 in a down year for him in 2018. another excellent receiving back
  5. E. McGuire 17.5 as RB 67 - finished at RB67 and stays in NYJ to back up LeVeon Bell. decent receiving back in a lesser role - I think that this group of four providing support role to McCaffrey should place me easily in the top half at RB
WR

1. AJ Greene 2.12 as WR11 - hey, there is a new coach in town so all Cinci offense players could improve production and Mr. Greene would be top of the list if he can stay healthy
  2. S. Diggs 3.5 as WR15 - very under-rated WR who seems to be on my teams often, I may like him better in 2019
  3. J. Landry 4.12 as WR25 - wing man for OBJ, who should continue to gets lots of targets and chances at yards after the catch - very solid ppr WR
  4. A. Miller 8.12 as WR47 - waited a while after getting a top three that I really like. Bullish on the Bears and like Miller's chances to improve in year two
  5. Gallup 10.12 as WR58 - like his talent more than his location, but even a blind Dak can find his Gallup now and again for a long score
  6. J. Doctson 18.12 as WR93 - loved Doctson coming out of TCU and the combination of injuries and poor QB play have severely limited his production - hopeful 2019
  7. C. Hogan 19.5 as WR97 - TB still looking for someone to throw to besides Edelman - seems like a good candidate for three or four decent games - definitely think that this wide receiving corps can compete for top group in the league
TE

1. K. Rudolph 5.5 as TE11 - as with Diggs, very under-rated and with expectations of improvement for the Vikings, getting Rudolph could be value
  2. C. Clay 16.12 as TE35 - again, oh well old, player who moves to Arizona where TEs block. But wait, a rookie or 2nd year QB may find Clay a friendly security target - oops nothing much to see at tight end, definitely bottom quarter
PK - K. Fairbairn 12.12 as PK 6 - very solid last year and love the Texans offense for 2019

DST

Chargers 14.12 as DST6

Texans 15.5 as DST 8 - solid combo, but would have taken a third DST if Duckboy had not taken the Saints right ahead of my 16th pick

Decent team without much league leading talent. Really need McCaffrey to maintain from 2018 and my quarterbacks to be healthy and improved. Not a bad team by any means, except at tight end. Should hang around a while and could hang all year with some decent brother-in-lawing.

Comments welcome

Darnold, Sam NYJ QB 7.16

- we all like our picks of course and expect them to exceed draft slot, but I'll be shocked if Darnold doesn't do much better than the 23rd QB. Watson likely won't do better than qb4 but shouldn't slide much either. 

Cohen, Tarik CHI RB 4.01

- 3 rookies, a midget and a geriatric. you can never have enough rookie RBs, right? :oldunsure:  I'll need some luck with this crew but I think Hill can be good in best ball. At least I'll have a little more interest in where these backs end up. 

Ross, John CIN WR 15.16

Tate, Golden NYG WR 5.16

- I had contemplated back in the 13/14 turn taking MVS and St brown back to back. One of these two should do well most games although I think it will be inconsistent as to which.  I still like St brown a lot despite his falling in last year's NFL draft. Rodgers seems to like throwing to him. I think Ross improves with the new staff. He was one of the players I avoided as a rookie but think he's somewhat underrated now. Certainly has the speed to break a big play every so often. I think this is a solid crew with a little depth. 

- I didn't realize I had removed my 19th round preselect but not my 20th. So when my last pick came up, I went with my usual last round flier (Shaheen) and planned to take the last defense. Instead I now have 4 TEs but I'll take it. Kittle is a stud, I think ASJ can come back although he's probably a wasted pick, and Everett and Shaheen remain two of my favorite upside picks this year. Cheap and I think talented but haven't broken through yet. 

Lambo, Josh JAC PK 16.01

Lutz, Wil NOS PK 12.01

- Wasn't really planning on going solo on defense but at least there's zero risk of missing games here. 
QBs - I like the combo

RBs - not a fan. waited a long time and still got a decent RB1 in Cohen, but three rookies in what most are saying is a down year at running back does not seem like a good plan here. McCoy will be huge in whether your crew does well

WRs - big fan of JuJu and with AB's constant noise getting bigger all the time. Like Robinson and Tate, but not much on the rest and six seems shallow

TEs - obvious strength with Kittle, but the other three and offer little and well, you might have take two to many

PKs - strength

DST - scoring varies so widely, always need two

I usually really like OZ teams, but this one is definitely not one of my favorites

DST - scoring varies so widely, always need two

I usually really like OZ teams, but this one is definitely not one of my favorites
Yeah, but I waited too long, only the raiders were left. :yucky:

I haven't won anything in a while so maybe a different route will work...

almost pulling in the driveway….

With Mahomes hopefully holding down the fort most weeks, if gonna take a second, might as well be some upside.  Murray should start day 1 and offer potential any given week if needed. Should outproduce QB30.

Good chance I just ride with these four and hope they stay healthy.  If bye weeks are kind, I should post two scores here.  Some things need to go my way in the draft and training camp to solidify their roles. Not an attention grabbing knock your socks off group but I see some decent weekly production.  But for sure lower end in the league group on paper heading in. 

7.12 DK Metcalf FA WR41

So since the last write up that that FishnSuds dude liked so much, I added Parker, M. Brown, Samuel, and Amendola.  So my draft approach took a pretty significant change of direction here in the PDSL.  I am usually a rookie adverse drafter in these things for the most part but I kept looking at all the draft lists I was using for guides and basically kept seeing all the same ol same ol JAGs.  It looked really boring at almost every position after round 10.  So after Parker, instead of adding the boring we have already seen what we are probably going to get Crowders, Sanus Agholors, Goodwins, Gabriel’s, Wilsons of the world I decided to keep the rookie train going and try to hit on some upside and swing for the fences.  Probably not going to hit on all these rookies, but might on a couple and maybe they outperform the JAGs. So half this unit is made up of rookies, most (except for Samuel I think) are projected to go in the first round, so they should be in line for immediate workloads. There is something to like about each of them, mostly some big play potential which is a viable strategy in a Survivor format, as one big play can be a counting score that week. With the flex added in to this league, going 8 deep with some pop could produce the same kinda points the guys chasing the marginal TE 2PPR advantage they think they are getting. Hell at least the draft should be fun to watch. I’m still searching to see if there is another guy named Brown I could add here. But with vets like AB, Davis, and Parker, mixing in some high octane could work.  Gonna sound weird but I was pretty excited about the Amendola pick as I had kind of been eyeing him for awhile and thought he would be a nice steady addition to this group of risks.  I feel he was brought into DET “for a reason” by some of his old coaches from NE, and it wasn’t for his blocking. If he mans the slot and gives me 5 for 60 most weeks, that could be a 10 or 11 points I need to advance and stay above the cut line.  

3.12 David Njoku CLE TE9

Waited a really long time to add a second here but used the same approach.  Rookie upside with a guy I have seen also projected to go in the first round.  Smith is generally regarded as the 3rd TE off the board (but I have seen him projected by some maybe ahead of TJ and Fant) but also an immediate three down addition to a starting lineup. Again, shooting for the upside instead of the JAGs which dominate the TE position after about TE10 or so.  Really after the top 3 or so IMO. 

12.05 Greg Zuerlien LAR PK3

If I end up rolling with one I’m happy here.

Who the hell knows with DST’s.  Will add something here to at least give me two options. I would like to see us revisit the PK and DST scoring in future drafts and try to add a little more substance to the positions.  The scoring seems stale and really low.  A shutout IMO should be worth more than 5 points as should holding a team to under 200 yards in todays NFL. Just IMO

Overall, two picks left, kinda like this team, should be one of my funner ones to watch.  Even if "the tribe has spoken" speaks to me early, it will be nice to see where they would have ended up if it were like an Anarchy/total points format.  I may need some immunities, but there is some potential for those with this group me thinks.  :banned:

QBs - power house - absolutely the best late back-up for Mahomes that you could have hoped for. Should be top scorer here in more weeks than anyone else

RBs - waited patiently at RB, but looks sparse. You really need a couple of these guys to take over and I am just not sure any of them escape RBBC. Possibly Williams and that would help you greatly. Maybe Coleman, but I expect committee there. I do think that Murray landed in a plum spot in the Ingram role

WRs - As an Antonio Brown dynasty owner, I am officially concerned. No idea what to expect with him, but his actions and being in Oakland seem to be dangerous and not in a Baker Mayfiled way. Wow, four rookie WRs - I love the prospects for Metcalf and AJ Brown, but I avoided all rookies this year (at their cost) so you taking four really stands out. You definitely embraced the upside potential here

Quarterback scoring should seal your advance many weeks and if your WRs hit on their upside, those two positions could send you far. On one hand, the four rookies just screams too much risk, but with your QB combo that might be the perfect strategy. Definitely a very interesting team to watch in the draft and down the road.

And that'll tie a bow on this squad ...

5.15 Andrew Luck, QB3 IND
12.02 Ryan Fitzpatrick, QB31 MIA

I've noted before that a best-ball combo of two QBs in the 14-18 range will come close to keeping pace with a top-3 QB. But when an actual top-3 QB fell to the end of the 5th, giving me that production plus 5 rounds of room to wait on a backup, it was a no-brainer. With Luck in tow, drafting a Manning / Flacco type as my QB2 would be a wasted pick ... was really hoping Murray would fall to me but after Ref sniped him, I settled on King Variance himself as the last reasonable alternative to flying solo. Should be able to put some real space between me and most of the non-Ref teams here.

2.02 Joe Mixon, RB9 CIN
3.15 Marlon Mack, RB19 IND
4.02 Philip Lindsay, RB21 DEN
16.02 T.J. Yeldon, RB65 FA
20.02 Jordan Wilkins, RB79 IND

Mixon was a no-doubt pick as the highest-ceiling RB left under a new offense-minded regime. After Njoku and Golladay both went just before me in the 3rd, I saw the next 10 or so WRs and TEs as pretty interchangeable. With no reason to reach on QB, I defaulted to doubling up at RB. Mack has 250-touch potential in what I expect to be a top-5 offense; Lindsay has both ceiling and floor with big-play potential and heavy passing-down use. Like Yeldon at this price as while he doesn't yet have a home, a lot of teams could use a young (just 25), cheap backfield option that could catch 50+ balls. Wilkins is a similar Swiss Army knife that might also offer some Mack insurance and, with this RB draft class being so weak, may not be much at risk even if the Colts spend a mid-rounder at the position. Should be above-average here ... at least I hope so considering all the early draft capital I spent.

1.15 Davante Adams, WR4 GBP
8.02 Dede Westbrook, WR43 JAX
9.15 Curtis Samuel, WR52 CAR
10.02 DeSean Jackson, WR54 PHI
13.15 Antonio Callaway, WR71 CLE
14.02 DaeSean Hamilton, WR72 DEN
18.02 Andy Isabella, WR91 ROOK

So I knew I'd said it somewhere before, and it turns out it was just in last year's WSL discussion:

IMO there's an absurd bounty of riches at WR in the mid-rounds this year. If we could trade draft picks I'd be perfectly happy riding with one stud and five guys drawn at random from the 9th-10th rounds of this draft.
Welp, looks like it's time to put my theory to the test! Although they're less drawn at random and more guys who can be best-ball kingmakers (plus Isabella who is likely to step into a slot role wherever he lands and could have an immediate impact). Westbrook in particular I'm sky-high on at his current ADP, as he seems to have a clear path to being the #1 option on a team that just got 200% better at QB in an offense that's dropped off in the run game and never uses the TE. Not the most reliable group on a week-to-week basis (which is a minor concern in this format) and a pretty fragile group overall (which is a major concern) - but going 7-deep should help with that, and any time I get a big week from a couple of these guys at once I should be in the running for immunity.

6.02 Delanie Walker, TE14 TEN
7.15 Vance McDonald, TE16 PIT
11.15 Mike Gesicki, TE27 MIA

Not world-beaters, but not terrible considering I was one of the last to grab a starter. We've seen the Titans offense without Walker there as a security blanket, and it wasn't pretty. He should walk right back into 90-100 targets this season. McDonald was quietly already a TE1 last year, and that was before the Steelers saw 224 targets walk out the door ... he was on my radar at 6.02 and a slam-dunk here. In a normal SL I wouldn't bother with a third but, with the flex spot, throwing an extra dart at the position with by far the highest weekly variance makes sense. Hoping a new coach / system can unlock Gesicki's absurd raw athleticism.

15.15 Brett Maher, PK20 DAL
17.15 Cowboys, DST20 DAL
19.15 Cardinals, DST31 ARZ

Maher's ranked PK8 at FantasyPros and went 11 and 12 in the WSLs. Normally I'd never ride solo with the 20th guy off the board, but I'll make an exception in his case. Two defenses, meh, whatever.

After basically throwing up my hands and going BPA for the first 4 rounds, having Luck (or Watson, who I would have also considered) fall to 5.15 really changed the course of my draft. I usually like to wait on QB in these but if I'd done so until 7/8 here, my team would be headlined by some combo of Darnold, Foles, Keenum, Dalton, and Carr ...  :X  And having to waste both picks at that turn means I would have sacrificed depth elsewhere - probably at TE, not an attractive proposition in a 2PPR league with a flex. As it is, I should be above-average or better at QB and RB, treading water at TE, and WR should be fine as long as I'm not staring down a couple injuries and a couple 1/13/0 stat lines on Davante's bye week. Should have enough firepower to get through the early part of the schedule and then it's just hoping I win the war of attrition these things always turn into.

Fun draft and good luck to all this season.  :suds:

Final Roster:

20.05 Spencer Ware FA RB

7.12 DK Metcalf FA WR41

3.12 David Njoku CLE TE9

12.05 Greg Zuerlien LAR PK3.

19.12 Miami Dolphins DST

Added Ware and MIA DST in last two rounds.....really wanted to add a third TE instead of an RB but Ware should find a team soon and has enough talent to carve out a role.....he is a really good receiver and in the right situation he could earn some touches....a return to KC seems like a long shot with Hyde in town but you never know....visits to DET and Indy so far....I really wanted to snag the rookie TE Jace S. But in th end decided to just roll with Njoku and Smith as I felt they should be able to keep me in the mix of the middle of the pack is such a crappy TE landscape....a Njoku break out would be large for this team...rookie WR’s will probably determine my fate. Enjoyed it..... :banned:

Darnold, Sam NYJ QB 7.16

Cohen, Tarik CHI RB 4.01

Ross, John CIN WR 15.16

Tate, Golden NYG WR 5.16

Lambo, Josh JAC PK 16.01

Lutz, Wil NOS PK 12.01

QB’s should keep you the mix....really have no comment on the RB’s as you mostly have rookies and I have put zero effort into research there since this is supposed to be a pretty bad draft for them.....seems like WR and TE’s are where the bread is supposed to be buttered this year.....however we have seen some recent success from third round type RB’s the last few years...I’m wondering if the Cohen we saw last year will be an every year occurrence or his ceiling and if he regresses a little with Davis in town who I really liked as a signing for CHI....kind of kicking myself for not snagging Davis in this draft....think your WR’s will need a big year out of Robinson....Funchess probably couldn’t have gone to a better spot....MR I talked about his Westbrook pick and just commenting on Robinson here....I’m a little nervous that Foles turns into Keenum 2.0....don’t get me wrong, I get the whole SB and what not kind of thing when he has replaced Wentz, but I’m just not sure he is the savior in JAC that he is being made out to be...he and/or his receivers will not be on many/any of my teams this year, because I feel like I have seen this movie before when a career journeyman guy plays well in relief (on a really good all around team) elsewhere but then has to be THE man... I guess I’ll just leave it at that...really like the Kittle/Everett dou and it does kinda suck you got caught by the auto pick thing....as I think you would have been ok with just those two...think I would love this team a lot more with maybe one more RB and WR then ASJ and Shaheen....or maybe even two WR...I don’t think you’ll be racking up the immunities, but if your rookie Rb’s pan out, you could hang around...good luck :banned:

Users who are viewing this thread