What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2018 STOCK CONTEST (1 Viewer)

U.S. drug contract manufacturer Catalent Inc said on Tuesday it will buy Juniper Pharmaceuticals Inc for $11.50 per share in cash.
That is the good news. The bad news is that being up over 90% is only going to ensure a nice, comfortable 2nd-pace finish.

I’m at +62% with ICPT, feeling pretty good about that. Silly me, sold (IRL) about halfway up the rise. I got jittery and took profits, I feel dumb about it though I got a 30% gain.

Some nice gains, guys. Mine excluded. I picked (CGNX) close to all-time high and don't really understand the weakness unless it just got ahead of itself after two strong years. I'm still holding, but not adding.

Also, gmbacm's quote is returning an error, though symbol for Canopy still looks valid.
Update - Ticker changed to CGC

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll stand by one that I've pimped since the IPO.  I own it personally, our firm owns quite a bit of it, so I shall eat my own cooking, so to speak.  I think cobalt prices resume their upward trajectory and finish 2018 at ~$50/Lb.  If so, then Cobalt 27 will have a terrific year.  KBLT CN trades $12.23 Canadian and can be found on the US line under CBLLF at $9.62 US currently.  

Two time champ picks CBLLF
:unliked:

Well congrats if you owned Juniper IRL. Still a very nice profit.
Bummer for the contest, but on my quick math you're probably still leading. Though  when the symbol is corrected for Canopy, I think gmbacm will be close.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well congrats if you owned Juniper IRL. Bummer for the contest, but on my quick math you're probably still leading,though  when the symbol is corrected for Canopy, I think gmbacm will be close.
I can confirm that a blind squirrel does, indeed, find a nut occasionally. :bowtie:  

Hey, @Andrew74, I don't know if you saw,but IDTI is being acquired by a Japanese firm for $49.Thanks for picking it a couple of contest ago so it got on my radar.  :thumbup:
I did not see that. Glad I could help!  Too bad I got rid of mine. At least my stock pick is doing okay this year!

i need to get around to tweaking the spreadsheet.  Work has been killing me lately. 

I finally got around to tinkering with the spreadsheet.  I put in the buyout price for JNP and updated the ticker for CGC.  If anyone sees anything off, let me know.

Down to 13th but nailed that S&P pick it looks like.

(side note 2019 contest thread exists but this post belongs in 2018) :)

-QG

First time I can remember being down on one of these for the year.  I did, at least, beat the S&P.  

The Eminence award winner is impressive.  Picking one that has collapsed so completely is an art.  👍

Congrats to @kevzilla on the win, with JNP up 93.28%.  @Rattle and Hum gave him a run for his money with BXC up 90.66%.  @pecorino placed 3rd with ICPT up 74.62%.  We only had 7 stocks positive on the year and only 9 beat the S&P 500.  Overall our FBG weighted index underperformed by 3.36%.  Not good guys!

@Worm wins the Eminence Award by losing 92.42% of his stock's value.  Impressive.  

@Ignoramus was the closest on the S&P 500, off by 159.15 points (6.3%).  Everybody but 2 posters thought the market would be higher than it is.  Interestingly enough, the majority in the 2019 contest think the market will be negative next year.  

I resorted the spreadsheet by percentage gain so we can see how everyone placed.

Thanks for playing.  Good luck with this year's picks.

Users who are viewing this thread