What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2018 NHL Thread: Cappy is happy while the rest of us pray to the ping pong gods for Tuesday night (1 Viewer)

Got a couple of tickets to the NCAA Northeast regional finals a few days ago. Taking my 12 year old son and we'll be down on the glass next to one of the benches. 
Hopefully your new Hockey East regular-season champs will be there, as they have been projected for the last few weeks. If so, I will be there at least Friday if not both.

After seeing Isles fans tonight, I have no idea why anyone would leave Long Island for Toronto the first chance they get :oldunsure:
6-1

1st round matchup vs TOR would be glorious.

A list of Tavares inspired chants from last night:

We don’t need you

Thats our captain

Please don’t trade me

Barzy’s better

Past your bedtime

Get your jammies

You can’t beat us

Who’s your daddy

Nice defensive game you got there in Toronto.

Brings back fond memories when I visited my grandpa in Chicago at the age of 19 in 1979 and we went to a  Bruins =Hawks game and they chanted Cheevers sucks the entire game. 

I guess he wasn't tanking hard enough

@SNkylebukauskas: Guy Boucher has been fired by the Senators. Marc Crawford named interim head coach.

=Smackdown= said:
Oh and your team is so so soft.

What an Awesome night!!!!!  No one got hurt... No fights - Good natured Cheering, booing and Emotion. both Anthems were sung so Loud!!!!!  We hung out with Maple Leaf fans who enjoyed the whole thing and understood....

Pretty sure ANY arena would have reacted the same way to a player who Gave every indication he was staying and then left at the last second so they get nothing...

Then, After he left he said this.....

When asked directly by the Maven why his move to the Maple Leafs couldn't be done before the trade line: "I didn't want to come to a team and feel like the team had to subtract what they had"

So, He Lied and was dishonest about leaving because he wanted his new team to not have to give up anything..... So, yeah he SCREWED the ppl who supported him - the kid's that wore his jersey, his team mates.

"Some" ppl bought tickets in the Days before he left b/c every indication by ppl around him and media was that "no way would he drag this out like this and be such a lying ##### to screw all these ppl and the team out of getting anything back"..... 

Whatever, It was an awesome Night!!!!!!!!

The page is turned..... 

Welcome back Pajama boy.

Not going tonight - going to be a drunken rowdy mess at the Coliseum.

I had an extra too.... My kid had to bail last second for a school play practice (WTF!!!!!!)

BTW - that was my Jersey that was flung - I gave it to some kid.....

It was only a Chinese version!

Nino update:

The Hurricanes were already beginning their hot stretch before the trade, but it’s pretty clear that the acquisition of Nino Niederreiter was a crucial part of the team’s resurgence. In 17 games for Carolina, Niederreiter has nine goals, six assists, 54 shots, is plus-seven at 5-on-5 and carries a 59 percent Corsi – equal to an average Game Score of 1.21. That’s an elite figure that only 15 players have topped this season, which is to be expected from a two-way beast that’s scoring at a 43-goal, 72-point, 260-shot pace.

Niederreiter’s success shouldn’t be a shock at all. He’s long been an analytics darling who appeared severely underutilized in Minnesota, playing only 14-to-15 minutes per night with limited power-play action since arriving in Minnesota. In Carolina, Niederreiter is instead getting top power-play time where he’s already scored five points (good for 6.31 points-per-60) and is earning 18 minutes per night on the top line. That he’s a legitimate top line threat now was something that always seemed clear by his per minute production – now he’s actually proving it.
https://theathletic.com/846092/2019/03/01/31-stats-senators-rebuild-lightning-chasing-history-and-the-effect-of-injuries-down-the-stretch/

What an Awesome night!!!!!  No one got hurt... No fights - Good natured Cheering, booing and Emotion. both Anthems were sung so Loud!!!!!  We hung out with Maple Leaf fans who enjoyed the whole thing and understood....

Pretty sure ANY arena would have reacted the same way to a player who Gave every indication he was staying and then left at the last second so they get nothing...

Then, After he left he said this.....

When asked directly by the Maven why his move to the Maple Leafs couldn't be done before the trade line: "I didn't want to come to a team and feel like the team had to subtract what they had"

So, He Lied and was dishonest about leaving because he wanted his new team to not have to give up anything..... So, yeah he SCREWED the ppl who supported him - the kid's that wore his jersey, his team mates.

"Some" ppl bought tickets in the Days before he left b/c every indication by ppl around him and media was that "no way would he drag this out like this and be such a lying ##### to screw all these ppl and the team out of getting anything back"..... 

Whatever, It was an awesome Night!!!!!!!!

The page is turned..... 
Oh boo hoo. 

Ovechkin now first player in history with 10 45-goal seasons. 

Trotz setting up NYI for great regular season followed by early postseason departure

no idea how the Wild won that game, in their own zone all night.  Dubnyk stealing games.  Fiala looked like the raw player he is tonight, not quite game breaking yet, Fentonsey.

Donato is finding a way.  shooting his way into the heart of Minnesota.  Mike smith and Jake Allen helping that cause.  he’s looking good though, great vision. 

Detroit legend Ted Lindsay died last night..RIP

Lindsay was the driving force to get players to form a union for higher wages for NHL players.
RIP Ted.  He lived in the town I grew up in.  I remember seeing him and talking to him in random places.  I distinctly remember a time we were both waiting in line at the bank and talking to him about one of the Wings upcoming playoff runs.  Just a really nice guy, always willing to talk to anyone or a no one like me. 

Da Guru said:
Detroit legend Ted Lindsay died last night..RIP

Lindsay was the driving force to get players to form a union for higher wages for NHL players.
He faced a lot of adversity from management and the league because of it too.

He was also the guy who was the purported to be the first person to take the Cup for a victory lap around the ice.

RIP to a guy who was a key centerpiece (or wingpiece, if you must) to the Wings during one of their most dominant stretches in history. 

@JMackeyPG: Dumoulin said Simmonds didn't hit him in the head. "He didn’t hit me in the head. I would say all of the concussion was from my head hitting the glass. The outdoor games, it’s pretty chilly. The glass is pretty cold. Definitely didn’t help it."

106 points for the Bolts after 67 games. Kuch with a 108 points. What a freaking season. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread