What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2018 FBG Subscriber Contest (1 Viewer)

Wow...I didn't realize how good of a year Fitz had last year.  I have not had him on my roster in years and it has slipped passed me.
Well yeah he has been elite for a bit. I've been trying to move him in dynasty for three years now and no one wants him. But he keeps finishing as a WR1. This *has* to be his last year, right?

I like the discussion. I have Fitz on my roster. Out of WRs 11-20 I like him and one other the best- everyone else I have issues with in some shape or form. And then below 20 I just feel like it will take more to win this year. I won't say too much about why I like Fitz so much, because I think then everyone buys him, but I think he's drastically under priced. 
I can't criticize anyone for having Fitz on their team. I'm going elsewhere this year, but I get it.

Dr. Dan said:
Wishing I could grab a better TE... stuck on Njoku, Everett, Goedert. Problem is I'm not too confident in the health of the top 5, and the following 6... I don't like many of them that much more than Njoku. I might feel better if I upgrade from Everett to a guy like Kittle... gotta find 7 dollars, going to be tough. 

ETA Kittle and Njoku have the same bye... looks like I'll upgrade to Burton
Have you taken a look at the TEBC article on the home page?  It basically has Njoku paired up with some cheaper TE's, based on SOS.  Worth a peek.

Elevencents said:
Wonder if anyone has had success going heavy at TE since they are scaled higher. Thinking out loud. 

ETA: Starting to see some of the same names popping up on a lot of rosters. Hopefully that’s a sign of good value and we’re not all gonna be disappointed!
I took Dodds current projections for TE's and compared them at 1.5PPR to the WR's at 1PPR.  Here's how his top 10 TE's fared against WR's:

Gronk = WR3 (Gronk costs $26, OBJ costs $34)

Kelce = WR7 (Kelce costs $25, Green costs $29)

Ertz = WR12 (Ertz costs $23, Fitz costs $24)

Olsen = WR19 (Olsen costs $20, Crabtree costs $19)

Graham = WR19 (Graham costs $20, Crabtree costs $19)

Engram = WR20 (Engram costs $19, Goodwin costs $13)

Walker = WR26 (Walker costs $17, Crowder costs $17)

Rudolph = WR29 (Rudolph costs $16, Sanders costs $17)

Doyle = WR30 (Doyle costs $14, Anderson costs $14)

Reed = WR38 (Reed costs $16, Gordon costs $18)

So, what do I make of this info? Gronk and Kelce are worth the bucks, and Goodwin is gonna be on at least 50% of the submissions.

LittlePhatty said:
Locked in.

QB - Carson Wentz - PHI/9 - $19
QB - Matthew Stafford - DET/6 - $15
RB - Jordan Howard - CHI/5 - $25
RB - Dion Lewis - TEN/8 - $19
RB - Marshawn Lynch - OAK/7 - $15
RB - C.J. Anderson - CAR/4 - $12
RB - Darren Sproles - PHI/9 - $5
RB - John Kelly - LAR/12 - $3
WR - Larry Fitzgerald - ARI/9 - $24
WR - Devin Funchess - CAR/4 - $16
WR - Pierre Garcon - SF/11 - $15
WR - Jordy Nelson - OAK/7 - $13
WR - Tyler Lockett - SEA/7 - $9
WR - DeSean Jackson - TB/5 - $8
WR - Donte Moncrief - JAX/9 - $5
TE - Kyle Rudolph - MIN/10 - $16
TE - Tyler Eifert - CIN/9 - $9
TE - Austin Hooper - ATL/8 - $8
PK - Phil Dawson - ARI/9 - $3
PK - Steve Hauschka - BUF/11 - $3
TD - Atlanta Falcons - ATL/8 - $4
TD - New York Giants - NYG/9 - $4
Going against the grain and choosing Garcon over Goodwin, i like it.  Another fun unique team here.

I like the discussion. I have Fitz on my roster. Out of WRs 11-20 I like him and one other the best- everyone else I have issues with in some shape or form. And then below 20 I just feel like it will take more to win this year. I won't say too much about why I like Fitz so much, because I think then everyone buys him, but I think he's drastically under priced. 
Well, now you have got my attention.  I have OCD and will not sleep until I know why you like him so much.  Did he grow a set of arms on his back?  Did he turn into a teen wolf?  Or maybe David Johnson changed his name to Larry Fitzgerald, so the elder Fitz will be credited with all of DJ points, plus his own?

Well, now you have got my attention.  I have OCD and will not sleep until I know why you like him so much.  Did he grow a set of arms on his back?  Did he turn into a teen wolf?  Or maybe David Johnson changed his name to Larry Fitzgerald, so the elder Fitz will be credited with all of DJ points, plus his own?
Fitz was a top 5 WR last year in my main league that was ppr (didn't realize that before this thread).  Arizona let both Brown Brothers go at WR.  So his main competition for targets is a rookie WR in Kirk and David Johnson at RB.  No reason he can't come close to last year's targets because of personnel. The only question is if this is the year he starts to slow down due to grandfather time.

I took Dodds current projections for TE's and compared them at 1.5PPR to the WR's at 1PPR.  Here's how his top 10 TE's fared against WR's:

Gronk = WR3 (Gronk costs $26, OBJ costs $34)

Kelce = WR7 (Kelce costs $25, Green costs $29)

Ertz = WR12 (Ertz costs $23, Fitz costs $24)

Olsen = WR19 (Olsen costs $20, Crabtree costs $19)

Graham = WR19 (Graham costs $20, Crabtree costs $19)

Engram = WR20 (Engram costs $19, Goodwin costs $13)

Walker = WR26 (Walker costs $17, Crowder costs $17)

Rudolph = WR29 (Rudolph costs $16, Sanders costs $17)

Doyle = WR30 (Doyle costs $14, Anderson costs $14)

Reed = WR38 (Reed costs $16, Gordon costs $18)

So, what do I make of this info? Gronk and Kelce are worth the bucks, and Goodwin is gonna be on at least 50% of the submissions.
Dude, you really didn't need to do this.

LittlePhatty said:
Locked in.

QB - Carson Wentz - PHI/9 - $19
QB - Matthew Stafford - DET/6 - $15
RB - Jordan Howard - CHI/5 - $25
RB - Dion Lewis - TEN/8 - $19
RB - Marshawn Lynch - OAK/7 - $15
RB - C.J. Anderson - CAR/4 - $12
RB - Darren Sproles - PHI/9 - $5
RB - John Kelly - LAR/12 - $3
WR - Devin Funchess - CAR/4 - $16
WR - Pierre Garcon - SF/11 - $15
WR - Jordy Nelson - OAK/7 - $13
WR - Tyler Lockett - SEA/7 - $9
WR - DeSean Jackson - TB/5 - $8
WR - Donte Moncrief - JAX/9 - $5
TE - Kyle Rudolph - MIN/10 - $16
TE - Tyler Eifert - CIN/9 - $9
PK - Phil Dawson - ARI/9 - $3
PK - Steve Hauschka - BUF/11 - $3
TD - New York Giants - NYG/9 - $4
This has to be the most injury prone roster of all time.

Dude, you really didn't need to do this.
I get your point, but those of us who obsess are not going to see a revelation here.  It will be a revelation for some, but in the end I don't think it moves the bar.

Not to mention the fact that standard deviations at the two positions are basically different.

For that matter, I'm unlikely to draft the three "super value" candidates identified with the possible exception of Gronk...and everyone understands Gronk risk/reward.

Interesting that you would not pick Fitzgerald or Lockett. Fitzgerald is about as consistent as they come. And Lockett has a dream scenario lining up in Seattle
Both could end up being great picks. Lockett is definitely cheap enough to get consideration.

But Fitz is expensive for me because he's at the age where receivers can potentially decline suddenly. Sure, he could prove me wrong and be great this year but I think the price is just a little risky.

I would also still consider Jordan Howard from my list, though I don't see him as a "value" pick. Still, it's interesting to me that I purposefully tried to make a roster full of lesser-owned players and judging by most reactions in this thread, most of us tend to think similarly.  

Last edited by a moderator:
I get your point, but those of us who obsess are not going to see a revelation here.  It will be a revelation for some, but in the end I don't think it moves the bar.

Not to mention the fact that standard deviations at the two positions are basically different.

For that matter, I'm unlikely to draft the three "super value" candidates identified with the possible exception of Gronk...and everyone understands Gronk risk/reward.
Every little edge helps.  Though in the big scheme not many really here and many of those don't comprehend.

Both could end up being great picks. Lockett is definitely cheap enough to get consideration.

But Fitz is expensive for me because he's at the age where receivers can potentially decline suddenly. Sure, he could prove me wrong and be great this year but I think the price is just a little risky.

I would also still consider Jordan Howard from my list, though I don't see him as a "value" pick. Still, it's interesting to me that I purposefully tried to make a roster full of lesser-owned players and judging by most reactions in this thread, most of us tend to think similarly.  
fitz and one other in the top 15 are significantly under priced based on many factors. I hope less people pick fitz, and the other guy I have at the top of my wr lineup. steals. 

Is anyone else giving more than a half second thought to rostering all the rookie QBs and rolling only with them?

QB - Josh Rosen - ARI/9 - $5
QB - Baker Mayfield - CLE/11 - $4
QB - Lamar Jackson - BAL/10 - $4
QB - Josh Allen - BUF/11 - $3
QB - Sam Darnold - NYJ/11 - $3

Risky sure, but fairly cheap and it seems a couple of these guys can do really well. 

If the contest closed right now, this is my group. I don't know that I'll have the ####s to keep it, but for $19, it just might work. 

:popcorn:

If y'all care, the rest of my roaster:

RB - Ezekiel Elliott - DAL/8 - $35
RB - Mark Ingram - NO/6 - $20
RB - Isaiah Crowell - NYJ/11 - $14
RB - Peyton Barber - TB/5 - $8
RB - Matt Breida - SF/11 - $8
WR - Davante Adams - GB/7 - $29
WR - Tyreek Hill - KC/12 - $23
WR - Marvin Jones - DET/6 - $20
WR - John Ross - CIN/9 - $5
WR - Taywan Taylor - TEN/8 - $4
TE - Rob Gronkowski - NE/11 - $26
TE - Jimmy Graham - GB/7 - $20
TE - Adam Shaheen - CHI/5 - $2
PK - Robbie Gould - SF/11 - $4
PK - Daniel Carlson - MIN/10 - $3
PK - Zane Gonzalez - CLE/11 - $2
TD - Oakland Raiders - OAK/7 - $2
TD - Cleveland Browns - CLE/11 - $2

Total value: 250

Is anyone else giving more than a half second thought to rostering all the rookie QBs and rolling only with them?

Risky sure, but fairly cheap and it seems a couple of these guys can do really well. 

If the contest closed right now, this is my group. I don't know that I'll have the ####s to keep it, but for $19, it just might work. 

For the same $19, you can get Keenum (or Eli, if you don't mind the bye conflict with Dalton), Dalton and Tannehill. I'd rather take my chances with 3 experienced guys with little to no chance of losing their starting position.

For the same $19, you can get Keenum (or Eli, if you don't mind the bye conflict with Dalton), Dalton and Tannehill. I'd rather take my chances with 3 experienced guys with little to no chance of losing their starting position.
We pretty much know what we're getting with those three - I think Keenum regresses in Denver.  While I can justify taking one of them to combine with a top 10 type, I just don't see any upside with Dalton and Tannehill. 

Eli is interesting and has been on a few iterations, combined with a $11-15 QB.  He might end up being my backup if I go away from this concept.  Or maybe I'll forego Rosen and take the Ravens QBs.  :oldunsure:

If y'all care, the rest of my roaster:

RB - Ezekiel Elliott - DAL/8 - $35
RB - Mark Ingram - NO/6 - $20
RB - Peyton Barber - TB/5 - $8
RB - Matt Breida - SF/11 - $8
WR - Tyreek Hill - KC/12 - $23
TE - Jimmy Graham - GB/7 - $20
TE - Adam Shaheen - CHI/5 - $2
PK - Daniel Carlson - MIN/10 - $3
PK - Zane Gonzalez - CLE/11 - $2
TD - Oakland Raiders - OAK/7 - $2
TD - Cleveland Browns - CLE/11 - $2

Given the scoring system (6pt TD/-1 INT) I definitely think rookie QBs are more in play than before.  I don’t see why you wouldn’t throw at least 1 veteran in there though 

My roster is smaller than most
Contrarian thinking, I boast 
If this year is like past
I'll be bowing out fast.
Somewhere near week 7, I'm toast.

QB - Drew Brees - NO/6 - $18
QB - Derek Carr - OAK/7 - $9
QB - Eli Manning - NYG/9 - $7
RB - Todd Gurley - LAR/12 - $37
RB - Ronald Jones II - TB/5 - $18
RB - Kerryon Johnson - DET/6 - $15
RB - Aaron Jones - GB/7 - $9
RB - Samaje Perine - WAS/4 - $4
WR - Corey Davis - TEN/8 - $15
WR - Cameron Meredith - NO/6 - $8
WR - Danny Amendola - MIA/11 - $6
TE - Delanie Walker - TEN/8 - $17
TE - George Kittle - SF/11 - $12
PK - Chris Boswell - PIT/7 - $5
PK - Josh Lambo - JAX/9 - $3
PK - Kai Forbath - MIN/10 - $3
TD - Pittsburgh Steelers - PIT/7 - $5
TD - Dallas Cowboys - DAL/8 - $3
TD - Washington Redskins - WAS/4 - $3

are you trolling with this post?

youve got a lot less TEs than most.

you should know for TEs its 1.5 ppr;

so with a good group of them youll go far.

maybe replace eli with a guy like ASJ?

or you could cut aaron jones and add charles clay.

on second thought dont listen to me,

usually i dont make it past week 3.

Pretty close to being final:

QB - Matt Ryan - ATL/8 - $13
QB - Case Keenum - DEN/10 - $7
RB - David Johnson - ARI/9 - $34
RB - Christian McCaffrey - CAR/4 - $26
RB - Royce Freeman - DEN/10 - $16
RB - Doug Martin - OAK/7 - $9
RB - Frank Gore - MIA/11 - $6
RB - LeGarrette Blount - DET/6 - $6
WR - Brandin Cooks - LAR/12 - $19
WR - Chris Hogan - NE/11 - $17
WR - Calvin Ridley - ATL/8 - $9
WR - Mike Williams - LAC/8 - $9
WR - Chris Godwin - TB/5 - $6
WR - Dede Westbrook - JAX/9 - $5
TE - Jordan Reed - WAS/4 - $16
TE - Jake Butt - DEN/10 - $6
TE - Dallas Goedert - PHI/9 - $4
PK - Matt Bryant - ATL/8 - $5
PK - Mason Crosby - GB/7 - $4
PK - Chandler Catanzaro - TB/5 - $3
TD - Philadelphia Eagles - PHI/9 - $8
TD - Houston Texans - HOU/10 - $7

Pretty close to being final:

QB - Matt Ryan - ATL/8 - $13
QB - Case Keenum - DEN/10 - $7
RB - David Johnson - ARI/9 - $34
RB - Royce Freeman - DEN/10 - $16
RB - Doug Martin - OAK/7 - $9
RB - LeGarrette Blount - DET/6 - $6
WR - Brandin Cooks - LAR/12 - $19
WR - Calvin Ridley - ATL/8 - $9
WR - Mike Williams - LAC/8 - $9
WR - Chris Godwin - TB/5 - $6
WR - Dede Westbrook - JAX/9 - $5
TE - Jake Butt - DEN/10 - $6
TE - Dallas Goedert - PHI/9 - $4
PK - Matt Bryant - ATL/8 - $5
PK - Mason Crosby - GB/7 - $4
PK - Chandler Catanzaro - TB/5 - $3
TD - Philadelphia Eagles - PHI/9 - $8
TD - Houston Texans - HOU/10 - $7

I think you are thin at WR, but I really like the overall team.

I'm actually surprised how many people have Keenum on their rosters. especially after how hes looked so far

Will prob give it one more look after this but pretty satisfied with this one. Interesting to see the progression from my first to last. WR is somewhat anxiety producing and injuries will sink me quick but I feel really good about the guys selected.  

QB - Andrew Luck - IND/9 - $16
QB - Philip Rivers - LAC/8 - $13
RB - Alex Collins - BAL/10 - $21
RB - Derrick Henry - TEN/8 - $21
RB - Jordan Wilkins - IND/9 - $5
WR - Marquise Goodwin - SF/11 - $13
WR - John Brown - BAL/10 - $6
WR - Ryan Grant - IND/9 - $4
PK - Ryan Succop - TEN/8 - $4
PK - Harrison Butker - KC/12 - $4
TD - New Orleans Saints - NO/6 - $6
TD - Tennessee Titans - TEN/8 - $4
TD - Buffalo Bills - BUF/11 - $3

ETA: Small change. Swapped out Crabtree and Cole for Hogan, John Brown and Taylor. I think the Titans offense could really be a force this year so Taylor is exceptional value. Hogan and Crabtree are a toss up but Brady >>>>> Flacco. Cole and John Brown are two home run guys. Didn’t want to Baltimore double dip with Crabtree in there initially. Like Brown a hair more than Cole. 

Will prob give it one more look after this but pretty satisfied with this one. Interesting to see the progression from my first to last. WR is somewhat anxiety producing and injuries will sink me quick but I feel really good about the guys selected.  

QB - Andrew Luck - IND/9 - $16
QB - Philip Rivers - LAC/8 - $13
RB - Alex Collins - BAL/10 - $21
RB - Derrick Henry - TEN/8 - $21
RB - Jordan Wilkins - IND/9 - $5
WR - Michael Crabtree - BAL/10 - $19
WR - Keelan Cole - JAX/9 - $7
WR - Ryan Grant - IND/9 - $4
PK - Ryan Succop - TEN/8 - $4
PK - Harrison Butker - KC/12 - $4
TD - New Orleans Saints - NO/6 - $6
TD - Arizona Cardinals - ARI/9 - $4
TD - Tennessee Titans - TEN/8 - $4
Very solid team - nice distribution of bye weeks - since we have to start 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, and 2 flex, I think you have a decent trio of RB's and 2 great TE's, so they may be your 2 flex spots.  For me, I think this roster hinges on Gurley, Gronk, and Reed staying healthy.  Well done, and good luck

I appreciate any analysis.  When it is listed in black and white it may make some folks go whoa did I think this out right.  I just did what I think my final adjustments are.  Dropped Brees for Ryan, dropped WRs Matthews and Doctson for Coleman and Boyd dropped two $3 Ds for $2 Ds and dropped TE Ricky Seals-Jones for Kelse.  Think I'm done now.

what are people doing for rb3? 

I've got two exceptional top RBS, but that leaves me toward looking at filling out the rest of my rb roster below $17. I've got 2 RBs 10 or lower who I'm happy with but looking for that rb3 in the 10-16 range. 

not a big fan of most rbs 17-22. so I figure I either have to go big or stick with a guy like Royce Freeman or Kerryon Johnson even though they are in a timeshare. 

Crowell is intriguing as well

I've got two exceptional top RBS, but that leaves me toward looking at filling out the rest of my rb roster below $17. I've got 2 RBs 10 or lower who I'm happy with but looking for that rb3 in the 10-16 range. 

not a big fan of most rbs 17-22. so I figure I either have to go big or stick with a guy like Royce Freeman or Kerryon Johnson even though they are in a timeshare. 

Are you saying you want to fill out your RB's with $16 or less?  And are you considering just one guy around that price, or perhaps 2 that total $16?

Every year I find the worst value in this contest to be RBs under about $25, so I always load up with studs.  As of right now my RB group is Gordon, Barkley, Cook, McCaffrey.  

I've wanted to add Crow but his concussion scares me off a bit. 

KJ and Freeman have both been on my team, often together. 

Who's this year's Kareem Hunt?

Every year I find the worst value in this contest to be RBs under about $25, so I always load up with studs.  As of right now my RB group is Gordon, Barkley, Cook, McCaffrey.  
That's a lot of money at RB. could work with flex. 

Right now it is Perine, but he feels more like Davante Adams the year Jordy torn his ACL than Hunt last. My guess is this year's version of Hunt hasn't gotten his break yet. 

Are you saying you want to fill out your RB's with $16 or less?  And are you considering just one guy around that price, or perhaps 2 that total $16?
So I guess I don't need to keep things a secret. I have Elliot and Barkley as my RB1 and 2. I have 2 lower (below $10) guys that I'm confident in, and then $16 for that RB3. 

Yes this is what I'm finding too. I like Mixon at his price, and I'm thinking of just finding $8 and upgrading to him. I like Clement at $10 but he's low and more of an injury dependent (Ajayi) for volume

Right. I have been between Freeman and KJ but lots to dislike about both. I currently have Freeman just because I think he gets the goal line and has lesser talent ahead of him than KJ. I feel like KJ is going to be a version of Abdullah 2.0 in 2018 due to Blount and Riddick cutting into his carries. 

My issue is this as my RB3, needs to be a rather reliable player I feel. I might just downgrade from Elliot a little (maybe to Cook or CMC) and then upgrade to Mixon as my RB3. 

That’s been my strategy most years and it has worked very well for me.  Load up at RB and TE and take a shotgun approach at WR.   Count on almost all of my flex scores coming from RB and TE and just have to find 2 startable WR numbers out of my group.  I have 10 WR for $56 FWIW 
Interesting. 

Last year I rode Gurley, Gordon and Hunt to the final weeks, yet I find myself feeling more confident about my top receivers than the backs. I also like cheap WRs... Maybe I just like receivers. But the stud back plan certainly has merit

Interesting. 

Last year I rode Gurley, Gordon and Hunt to the final weeks, yet I find myself feeling more confident about my top receivers than the backs. I also like cheap WRs... Maybe I just like receivers. But the stud back plan certainly has merit
Yes I'm trying to not spend too much at RB because I want better WRs and TEs. I figure if I can have a pretty decent RB3, 3-4 really good WRs, and 3 pretty solid TEs then I don't need the RB depth as much as I can use my WRs and TE as my flex

Just wondering - seems that Peyton Barber is currently a great value to start the season, but for how many weeks?  Is he someone that will carry his value throughout the season? Or perhaps he is the perfect compliment for someone like Mark Ingram?  Sony Michel?  Kerryon Johnson?  Royce Freeman?  Just naming a few guys that may start slow, then work themselves into fantasy relevance.  Thoughts?

I am gonna pose this question for last year's participants - in what round were you eliminated last year?  I am asking to try to determine when a decent entry has to start worrying.  Sure, injuries can hit anyone, but there will be a handful of crazy entrants with wild rosters.  I have to assume most average FBG'ers were still alive in week 6, right?

I am gonna pose this question for last year's participants - in what round were you eliminated last year?  I am asking to try to determine when a decent entry has to start worrying.  Sure, injuries can hit anyone, but there will be a handful of crazy entrants with wild rosters.  I have to assume most average FBG'ers were still alive in week 6, right?
I made the final 250, my roster wasn't bad wasn't great had some luck along the way.

From week 5 through week 16, which of these RB's do you think will produce the most fantasy points?

Alex Collins, Kenyan Drake, Derrick Henry, LeSean McCoy, Jay Ajayi, Mark Ingram, Dion Lewis, Lamar Miller, Ronald Jones

From week 5 through week 16, which of these RB's do you think will produce the most fantasy points?

Alex Collins, Kenyan Drake, Derrick Henry, LeSean McCoy, Jay Ajayi, Mark Ingram, Dion Lewis, Lamar Miller, Ronald Jones
If any of us knew that we wouldn't tell anyone. There is no way to predict injuries to the back himself, their qb, their line, maybe a trade like Ajayi last year, a rookie or 2 that take off like Kamara last year. 

If any of us knew that we wouldn't tell anyone. There is no way to predict injuries to the back himself, their qb, their line, maybe a trade like Ajayi last year, a rookie or 2 that take off like Kamara last year. 
So true, hahah.  I am trying to figure out if Mark Ingram is value at his $20 cost.  I think anyone that puts in the time creating a team in this contest will be able to make it to week 5, negating his 4 week suspension.

So true, hahah.  I am trying to figure out if Mark Ingram is value at his $20 cost.  I think anyone that puts in the time creating a team in this contest will be able to make it to week 5, negating his 4 week suspension.
Until last year I avoided any player in fantasy if they held out or were suspended. I am not sure on the stats, but it always seemed like they would get a major injury by midseason. 

Last year I can think of quite a few guys that missed time and came back and looked fine or produced. Aaron Donald, Leveon Bell, Josh Gordon. It made me rethink my strategy. 

Until last year I avoided any player in fantasy if they held out or were suspended. I am not sure on the stats, but it always seemed like they would get a major injury by midseason. 

Last year I can think of quite a few guys that missed time and came back and looked fine or produced. Aaron Donald, Leveon Bell, Josh Gordon. It made me rethink my strategy. 
As for Mark Ingram, I have been avoiding him, but in a contest like this, he may be worth it.  Just think, if Gurley were only $20 and had the same 4-game suspension, how may people would choose him?

As for Mark Ingram, I have been avoiding him, but in a contest like this, he may be worth it.  Just think, if Gurley were only $20 and had the same 4-game suspension, how may people would choose him?
Everyone.  And, if Ingram could run like Gurley and didn't have Kamara to share carries with, everyone would take him, too.

QB - Jimmy Garoppolo - SF/11 - $12
QB - Dak Prescott - DAL/8 - $10
QB - Joe Flacco - BAL/10 - $5
RB - Lamar Miller - HOU/10 - $18
RB - Giovani Bernard - CIN/9 - $12
RB - Javorius Allen - BAL/10 - $7
WR - Cooper Kupp - LAR/12 - $14
WR - D.J. Moore - CAR/4 - $11
WR - Tyrell Williams - LAC/8 - $8
WR - John Brown - BAL/10 - $6
WR - Courtland Sutton - DEN/10 - $5
TE - Travis Kelce - KC/12 - $25
TE - Vernon Davis - WAS/4 - $7
TE - Hayden Hurst - BAL/10 - $6
PK - Adam Vinatieri - IND/9 - $3
PK - Kaimi Fairbairn - HOU/10 - $2
TD - Arizona Cardinals - ARI/9 - $4
TD - Tampa Bay Buccaneers - TB/5 - $3

After I don't know how many revisions, I have come down to a lineup I like. Probably still won't stick with it but here it is for now.

Current iteration has 23 players

• 3 QB for $30, all with different bye weeks so I'll always have at least 2 scores to work with
  • 5 RB for $88.  Fournette/Freeman/Collins all with different byes, plus 2 cheap/upside guys
  • 6 WR for $83. Nuk/Crowder/Goodwin and 3 cheap
  • 3 TE for $29. Olsen and 2 cheap
  • 3 PK for $10
  • 3 DEF for $10
Worst bye week by numbers is 9 (big shock), but only Fournette among my "studs".  The only week with more than 1 $10+ guy on bye is 10 (Collins and Nuk). 

Debating whether to sacrifice one DEF slot and use the money to upgrade or add depth. 

Ooh, if I drop a DEF and the 3rd TE I could have Gronk! BRB...

What @apalmer said. Plus we had this happen a few years ago. Brady had a 4 game suspension and was reduced in price because of it. I think he was like qb 8 to 12 in price. Almost everyone had him. 

Users who are viewing this thread