What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2018 FBG Playoff League (1 Viewer)

MFL makes a ton of difference over message board for time

QB killed me last week. Did not want to wait and expect Falcons to beat Philly. Ryan will be better than Tyrod

RB. It does suck bad. But overall selection this round was truly lacking

WR. I like it. In playoff pool, I have Saints and Steelers in bowl for 4 and 6 each. 

TE. Think Ertz has chance to be big and make up for pts I am behind. Like 2 TE theory. Helped me last year. 

Pk. Got the one I think scores most for fun. Maybe make up 5 to 10 here

D. Jags rocked last week and got me 10. Screw them this time but Saints should not get me killed. Vikings O not that good. 

I guess outside Chance but RB keeps me out. Fastest drafter gone

OK, I entered the scores from the previous week and then added the projections by David Dodds to come up with the ESTIMATED scores for the two week period. The order and total scores are as follows:

Team                         Score

1. BassNBrew     243.55
  2. Holloway         234.75
  3. Reaper            222.50
  4. Crippler           192.20
  5. B Freak           188.60  - only 3.6 points out of 4th
  6. S. Ref              186.10  - 6.1 points out of 4th
  7. Bro1ncos         179.75 - 12.45 pts out of 4th
  8. OZ                   179.75 - 12.45 pts out of 4th
Very close and everyone still has a chance. All anyone needs to have a couple of players exceed their expectations and the order changes significantly.

Good luck everyone!

I'll be showing my players this. Showing them the disrespect they are receiving around the league. No one expects us to win. 

Us against the world!!!!! 

#whatgreatcoachesdo  :thumbup: :excited: :D

apparently I killed it...see ya in the finals boys...

DRAFT RECAP
OVERALL DRAFT RANK    FRANCHISE    RECAP    DETAILED ANALYSIS
1.    Stinky ref    
Stinky ref's Coach had an impressive showing in the recent 2017 FBG playoffs 2018 draft. Their Stinky ref franchise came away feeling exuberant about their top grade in the league based on analysis by MyFantasyLeague.com.

Stinky ref has the honor of making the best pick of the entire draft, selecting Tom Brady in round 1 with the 6th pick of the draft, 5 spots after the 1st spot he should have been selected in, according to ADP rankings. "His stock is rising," Stinky ref coach said.

Stinky ref made their worst pick of the draft in round 3, selecting Nelson Agholor with the 22nd pick of the draft, as compared to the 47th spot he should have been selected in, according to ADP rankings. "He's a project," Stinky ref coach said.

Stinky ref committed a fairly major draft blunder, drafting only 0 starting RB, but league rules require him to have at least 2-3 to submit a valid week 18 lineup.

Time will tell if Stinky ref can take their top-ranked draft all the way to the league championship.

PICK    PLAYER    EXPECTED    ACTUAL    POINTS
1.06    Brady, Tom NEP QB    1    6    -70
2.03    Thielen, Adam MIN WR    14    11    18
3.06    Agholor, Nelson PHI WR    47    22    83
4.03    James, Jesse PIT TE    51    27    48
5.06    Hill, Josh NOS TE    64    38    31
6.03    Coleman, Brandon NOS WR    63    43    13
7.06    Vikings, Minnesota MIN Def    31    54    -6
8.03    Succop, Ryan TEN PK    64    59    0
Total:    217

Good shtick in here  :lmao:

Bronco freak made their worst pick of the draft in round 1, selecting Brandin Cooks with the 4th pick of the draft, as compared to the 12th spot he should have been selected in, according to ADP rankings. "I know some are thinking that he will be this year's Ryan Leaf," Bronco freak coach said.

Bronco freak committed a fairly major draft blunder, drafting only 0 starting QB, but league rules require him to have at least 1 to submit a valid week 18 lineup

Bronco freak is a shameless New England homer, selecting 3 of his 8 draft picks from the Patriots.

FML

:sadbanana:

Last edited by a moderator:
Everyone gets a little boost since our leader @BassNBrew will be missing two players. Well, really only one since somehow Josh Gordon has been added to his roster.

According to reports, Burkhead is out.

I combined the scores from the previous week and then added current scores on the MFL Website to come up with the current scores after the completion of the Saturday games. The order and total scores are as follows:

1. Holloway         205.05 five  Still has five players tomorrow
  2. Reaper            155.80 five
  3. S. Ref              154.85 five
  4. Bro1ncos         153.55 four
  5. BassNBrew     149.55 five - only 4.0 points out of 4th
  6. OZ                   140.55 six- 13.0 pts out of 4th
  7. B Freak           139.20 six- 14.35 points out of 4th 
  8. Crippler           132.20 four - 21.35 pts out of 4th
Good luck tomorrow everyone!

Rules reminder

Took the liberty to add a flex player. You'll start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 RB/WR/TE/QB (must be backup of your 1st QB selection), 1 K, and 1 D/ST. Scoring was imported from WSL1.

Here's the format:

A weekly draft with keepers and knockouts - 8 teams wild card weekend and divisional round, 4 teams championship round (top 4 scorers YTD), 2 teams super bowl (Top 2 championship scores), standard FBG survivor scoring and lineups, no reserves. You can keep 0, 1, or 2 players each week from the prior week. Your first kept player will be slotted as your round 7 draft pick. Your second kept player will be slotted as your round 8 draft pick.

Draft would be serpentine. WC weekend all draft spots would be picked randomly, but after that, teams would choose which spot they want - that order would be based on the prior week's scoring (so the high scorer would choose their slot first, etc.).

So after week 1, the top scorer will announce their keepers and their week 2 draft position. The 2nd high scorer will announce keepers and draft position next. Rinse and repeat.

Draft

Draft in MFL, we'll use this thread for comments  
The rules and scoring (same scoring as WSL)
10 rounds of drafting
No trading of picks
No trading of players
No free agent pick ups
Serpentine drafting.
No submission of rosters.

You may use your flex position to take a second QB from the same team as your first drafted QB. Basically this means the person selecting Newton has the option to select Anderson in the last round as their flex. If both play, then you would get points for both.

Stephen Holloway said:
I combined the scores from the previous week and then added current scores on the MFL Website to come up with the current scores after the completion of the Saturday games. The order and total scores are as follows:

1. Holloway         205.05 five  Still has five players tomorrow
  2. Reaper            155.80 five
  3. S. Ref              154.85 five
  4. Bro1ncos         153.55 four
  5. BassNBrew     149.55 five - only 4.0 points out of 4th
  6. OZ                   140.55 six- 13.0 pts out of 4th
  7. B Freak           139.20 six- 14.35 points out of 4th 
  8. Crippler           132.20 four - 21.35 pts out of 4th
Good luck tomorrow everyone!
Looks like the 1 seed is wrapped up. 

Next 3 really could be anyone.  I need the jags to get a lead and run while Antonio becomes a decoy for Bryant.  :Wishful thinking:

Can I hope that Ben throws a couple TDs to Juju. And that Lavonne Bell and other Steelers fumble a few times that Jax can return for a couple scores? 

I strongly considering both juju and Ben, not taking juju was one of those times you immediately regret your decision. We'll see how it works out but now I'm pretty sure juju lights it up.
:wall:

Can't complain about Dion Lewis but the Ben/juju stack is really nice for bro.

Holloway (no surprise) - 252.75

Bro1ncos - 230.1

Reaper 217.20

Bass - 194.05 + Kamara + Lutz

OZ 193.75 + Ruldoph + Keenum

Ref - 158.05 + Theilen + Hill + Minn D

Freak - 154.4 + Brees + Ingram + Murray + Snead

Crippler - 132.2 + Diggs + Thomas + NO

Headed into the final half

1. Holloway         270.5
  2. Bro1ncos         235.0
  3. Reaper            222.2
  4. OZ                   204.8
  5. BassNBrew     201.85 
  6. S. Ref              184.75
  7. B Freak           174.15 
  8. Crippler           148.1

Week 2

Stephen Holloway (160.30 pts)
OZ (146.10 pts)
Bro1ncos (134.65 pts)
Reaper (119.20 pts)
Bronco freak (107.70 pts)
Crippler (107.00 pts)
Stinky ref (103.05 pts)
Bassnbrew (101.40 pts)

Final Scores - Please someone check the math

1. Holloway         278.75
  2. Bro1ncos         238.7
  3. Reaper            233.5
  4. OZ                   228.85
  5. BassNBrew     220.55 
  6. B Freak           209.5
  7. Crippler           191.4
  8. S. Ref              188.85
Misplaced decimal on Bro1ncos is corrected to match below by OZ

Final Scores - Please someone check the math

1. Holloway         278.75
  2. Bro1ncos         239.15
  3. Reaper            233.5
  4. OZ                   228.85
  5. BassNBrew     220.55 
  6. B Freak           209.5
  7. Crippler           191.4
  8. S. Ref              188.85
Bassnbrew 119.15 101.4 = 220.55

Stephen Holloway 118.45 160.30 = 278.75

Reaper 114.30 119.20 = 233.50

Bro1ncos 104.05 134.65 = 238.70

Bronco freak 101.80 107.7 = 209.5

Stinky ref 85.80 103.05 = 188.85

Crippler 84.40 107 = 191.4

OZ 82.75 146.1 = 228.85

I'm not sure why we differ on bro1ncos, was there a stat change? I'm using the current scores listed on the home page for week 1. Doesn't really matter. 

Btw, I love case keenum. 

I had picked him up back in 2013 when he had a few decent games, and he was my starting QB most of the second half of this year in my main league. 

But I'm going to have to drop him. Not really a tough choice but going to have to roll with the AFC starting backs and draft whenever is left.

Same routine as last week? Choose your spot Tuesday, draft Wednesday? 

Crap. I shouldn't have dropped my players already.  The score on the site is wrong.

I adjusted so it's right now. :bag:

Btw, I love case keenum. 

I had picked him up back in 2013 when he had a few decent games, and he was my starting QB most of the second half of this year in my main league. 

But I'm going to have to drop him. Not really a tough choice but going to have to roll with the AFC starting backs and draft whenever is left.

Same routine as last week? Choose your spot Tuesday, draft Wednesday? 
With half the teams left, let's go with Wed for choosing your spot and keepers and start the draft on Thursday.  The gives everyone an extra day to sort out any injured players.

With half the teams left, let's go with Wed for choosing your spot and keepers and start the draft on Thursday.  The gives everyone an extra day to sort out any injured players.

We have time but I'd personally prefer Tuesday/Wednesday as I'm a lot busier Thursday than the other days this week. 

@Stephen Holloway, @bro1ncos, @Reaper, what say you?

It doesn't really matter to me. 

I would vote for later simply because of any potential injuries or illnesses. 

Just looking at the remaining teams, obviously the defenses got them here but I'm slightly surprised at the lack of top of players. Didn't really think about it but the saints and Steelers had more than half the marqee names.

I am ok with starting on Wednesday. I am still mulling over my second keeper but I have decided to take the first pick in the draft.

Good point guys, I should keep Gronkowski instead of both running backs. Since y’all are willing to help, which running back would you keep between Yeldon and McKinnon?

Good point guys, I should keep Gronkowski instead of both running backs. Since y’all are willing to help, which running back would you keep between Yeldon and McKinnon?
Well, the hags are going to beat the pats while the Vikings beat Philly, you can't go Wong..

*****Official***** declaration

Keeping Gronkowski and McKinnon and taking the 1st drafting slot

@bro1ncos is up for keepers and draft slot selection

@Reaper is next and @-OZ- following him

@-OZ- wanted to get this started and what better to do on a snowy day in the deep south?

Trying to set this up, after I reverted the draft I reloaded the players who could be kept.

Aside from setting the draft to skip the 4 teams no longer in contention, is there a better way to set the draft to 4 teams in MFL?    

We can draft here with 4 of us or just reset the league.

Not to complain, but choosing between Rudy and Dion Lewis is tougher than I thought... 

Trying to set this up, after I reverted the draft I reloaded the players who could be kept.

Aside from setting the draft to skip the 4 teams no longer in contention, is there a better way to set the draft to 4 teams in MFL?    

We can draft here with 4 of us or just reset the league.

Not to complain, but choosing between Rudy and Dion Lewis is tougher than I thought... 
I set up the four eliminated teams to auto draft from "my draft list" when they go on the clock.  I loaded a draft list of scrubs/defensive players for each of those owners.  You should be go to go.

Users who are viewing this thread