What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***2018 Dallas Cowboys*** (1 Viewer)

Unfortunately the numbers don't support your opinion.  He needs to improve, but, for year 3 he's ahead of the curve by a significant margin. 
I meant to say "fortunately".  What a win.  Young, young team with a bright future with a stranglehold on the division for the foreseeable future. 40 players under the age of 25, 12 are starters.  Think about that for a minute.  

8/9 the last nine games including a playoff win. That's no joke.  Imagine if we get a healthy Frederick next season.  

Great win!

Dak was up and down, but as he typically does, came through in the 4th.  Shame they missed the PI on the INT, he protects the ball and with the D they have, thats what the team needs.  Wonder if he could be hypnotized to thinking its always the final 2 minutes of the game?  What I liked about his run plays this week is that he didnt hesitate, just made the decision and went with it.  

Jaylon Smith had another great game, what a steal he is turning into.  Outside of that last drive by Seattle, the D was outstanding.  

Unfortunately the numbers don't support your opinion.  He needs to improve, but, for year 3 he's ahead of the curve by a significant margin. 
Numbers?  What are you talking about?  Watch the games.  Forget about the numbers!   His deeper throws RIGHT NOW are ugly.....I'm not trying to tear Dak down.  I honestly want him too him succeed.  He's my quarterback!  Haha.....I'm also not gonna look at him with Homer goggles.

But hey if we can continue to win ugly with that defense, I'll take it.....as this ratchets up though, Dak is going to have to be better for us to win I think....our best chance on the road coming up is getting into 3rd and short situations.

I meant to say "fortunately".  What a win.  Young, young team with a bright future with a stranglehold on the division for the foreseeable future. 40 players under the age of 25, 12 are starters.  Think about that for a minute.  
This is the potential I talked about this past offseason. You could see this coming a mile away. What I wasn't sure of was exactly when it was going to come to fruition. 

We're starting to realize some of the headroom we've got,  but we're not there yet. That said, the NFL is like dog years. Young, up & coming teams with cap room can make a big jump in the offseason as other teams age & lose players. The Cowboys have the upside to not only be an outstanding team in the foreseeable future, but a championship caliber team.

As far as Dak, I'm going to say the same thing I've said recently. I'm not convinced he's our long-term starter, but Dak probably gets unfairly criticized more than ANY player in the NFL. He's outplayed guys like Brees in games & seems to play his best when the chips are down which is a tangible asset. Dak has shortcomings that may or may not be resolved, but there's quite a bit to like for a young QB.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dallas at Rams next weekend due to a fluke missed Bears FG at the end of the game. Like their chances on the road vs. Goff instead of Brees. BRING IT ON!

MUCH rather play the Rams.

It would be nice to play the Eagles for the NFC Championship, but that's not going to happen. That said, you have to give Philly credit for coming back from an uneven season.

We should & WILL be clear underdogs against the Rams, but we have the talent to upset them.

MUCH rather play the Rams.

It would be nice to play the Eagles for the NFC Championship, but that's not going to happen. That said, you have to give Philly credit for coming back from an uneven season.

We should & WILL be clear underdogs against the Rams, but we have the talent to upset them.
See you in two weeks for round 3.

I am as big as fan as they come, but you do realize we cant keep all these players into their prime. They are all gonna need to get paid sooner than later. Gonna have to pick and choose.  Once Zeke and Dak and Cooper get paid it gets tight, look what happened to Seattle after they paid Wilson.

Rams better learn how to stop a good RB b/c Zeke is about to tear them apart if they dont.

this is going to be a great game! 

Hearing that the forecast is calling for rain - which could help us.  It rains in LA?
If Southern California has a "rainy season", it is in the winter.

This used to be a more famous game in the NFL annals ... but on 12/26/1977, the Rams hosted the Vikings in the Mud Bowl. Didn't expect to find the entire telecast on YouTube, but I did and so linked it here for anyone interested. Here are a bunch of stills from that game.

If Southern California has a "rainy season", it is in the winter.

This used to be a more famous game in the NFL annals ... but on 12/26/1977, the Rams hosted the Vikings in the Mud Bowl. Didn't expect to find the entire telecast on YouTube, but I did and so linked it here for anyone interested. Here are a bunch of stills from that game.
This would certainly help the Cowboys. Rain baby rain.

I'm not sure why...but feel like we are winning this game.

On paper - we match well against the Rams as long as Donald doesn't completely take over.  I feel like if we can run early it could be a long day for their defense.  We have score TD's in the Red Zone as well.

On paper - we match well against the Rams as long as Donald doesn't completely take over.  I feel like if we can run early it could be a long day for their defense.  We have score TD's in the Red Zone as well.
Can see it happening.  Zeke runs well and Dak doesn't turn it over, Dallas has a shot.

Absolutely must

So frustrating

So this is going to be a Cowboys home game right? Cowboy fans travel as well as Eagles and Steelers fans and LA hasn't exactly been filling up the Colosseum.

So this is going to be a Cowboys home game right? Cowboy fans travel as well as Eagles and Steelers fans and LA hasn't exactly been filling up the Colosseum.
I would think that a playoff game against the Cowboys would be a big draw for the locals.

But I could be dead wrong too

This whole thing is overstated in general. While there is no question LA (and SD) football teams don’t have the home field advantage of a GB or KC it’s not like we’re out numbered at the stadiums.  It’s just there is a higher then normal number of opposing fans, some that travel but most that are transplants. 

Raider fans in SD ( at Qualcomm) are the only time I’ve actually felt out numbered at a game, but there are a ton of Raider fans in SD in general too so that plays a major role in it.  

Cowboysfan8 said:
I would think that a playoff game against the Cowboys would be a big draw for the locals.

But I could be dead wrong too
:lmao:   Not laughing at you but thinking the Dallas Cowboys are any kind of show coming to town, for Angelinos, is silly.

With Beasley a...?  And the fact the Cowboys haven't won a road playoff game in over 25 years, really hard to make a case they win now. They were only 3-5 as 2018 roadwarriors.  And when Vegas  gives out a 7  as the number, that is a strong opinion on a Rams win.

Sure, penalties, special team plays, some turnovers can come into play but without that advantage in  favor of the Cowboys,  this should be all Rams.

Don't get me wrong I will be rooting for the Cowboys, I'm a Niner fan, hate the Rams.

We were talking about Dak in clutch "moments" .  Then you moved the goal posts to big games.   Now you're going to move them again?   :lmao:
I missed the debate here.. surely nobody is claiming Dak was clutch in the Wild Card game, right?

Bankerguy said:

posted in other thread:

If the Cowboys can do what they did last week and keep the game out of Dak's hands.. they are a superbowl contender.

The Lions kind of gave the league a template to slowdown the Rams... and the Cowboys run game plays well to that.

A wet field isn't going to do Jarwin or Beasley any favors with their ankle injuries.   Anyone else think this is the day for Rico's first regular season TD?

A wet field isn't going to do Jarwin or Beasley any favors with their ankle injuries.   Anyone else think this is the day for Rico's first regular season TD?
While Rico is the best dynasty stash you could possibly have, he doesn't actually catch footballs let alone footballs for touchdowns.

Another year without a trip to the final 4. A whole generation hasn't seen this team win a meaningful game. 
True, but they surpassed expectations prior to the Cooper trade.

It was satisfying to get a playoff win, and hopefully they can build on what they accomplished this season and make it to the the NFC Championship game next season.

Positives: the defense played great this year despite their terrible showing against the running game today. The Cooper trade was a season-saving decision and Gallup looks like he's going to be a solid #2. Zeke is Zeke.

Needs work: Better OC game plan, Dak's accuracy, and I'd like to see a decent slot receiver and TE acquisition during the offseason. Replacing Beasley will be tough and Dak needs lifelines. Still don't care for Garrett, but after winning last week he isn't going anywhere.

Users who are viewing this thread