What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2017 Streaming Defenses (1 Viewer)

Totally same here with Pitt and kamara.  I dropped Pitt for Indy this morning.  More risky, but more upside I think.
Wow! Shark move perhaps... Balsy move.

INDY doesn't seem to move up in D rankings with the news that Taylor sitting and Peterman? Mr. Interception, gets the start. Ya gotta believe it will be a McCoy game and INDY knows that too!

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow! Shark move perhaps... Balsy move.

INDY doesn't seem to move up in D rankings with the news that Taylor sitting and Peterman? Mr. Interception, gets the start. Ya gotta believe it will be a McCoy game and INDY knows that too!
Yeah, I held my nose and I also barely slept on Friday night, so Maybe my brain was in a fog when I decided, but it's a 16-team league with only like 5 def on the wire.

i certainly won't be shocked if Indy totally ####s the bed.

Bills are still a decent play.  Should be low scoring if nothing else
I picked up the Bills. Agreed that Stats for dome teams on the road in cold weather are encouraging (someone posted a link earlier.) Peterman starting is a little concerning, however Indy Pass D is nowhere near as good as Chargers, which is the infamous 5 INT game. 

I picked up the Bills. Agreed that Stats for dome teams on the road in cold weather are encouraging (someone posted a link earlier.) Peterman starting is a little concerning, however Indy Pass D is nowhere near as good as Chargers, which is the infamous 5 INT game. 
I am playing the Steelers over the bills, but yeah they should be ok

I'm sticking with the Bills today as well

Trying to decide between Minnesota (ranked 10th), Indy (27th), Buffalo (23rd), or Chicago (9th).

My league gives 5 points for turnovers, but also gives negative points for giving up 30+ points and/or 400+ yards.

I feel like Minnesota is the safe pick, but Indy is the boom-or-bust pick.

I just plugged in Indy over the Rams.  Kamara injury makes me feel like I have to reach to stay alive.

With the weather and Tyrod sitting, I'm relying on a low scoring game (but I was surprised to see Vegas line is still 38 - seems high), and some turnovers.

Time to roll the dice...

Trying to decide between Minnesota (ranked 10th), Indy (27th), Buffalo (23rd), or Chicago (9th).

My league gives 5 points for turnovers, but also gives negative points for giving up 30+ points and/or 400+ yards.

I feel like Minnesota is the safe pick, but Indy is the boom-or-bust pick.
I am starting Buffalo over Minnesota as of this moment.  My thoughts are -  I like the weather plus Indy is on the road and their line sucks so they should give up some sacks.

I just plugged in Indy over the Rams.  Kamara injury makes me feel like I have to reach to stay alive.

With the weather and Tyrod sitting, I'm relying on a low scoring game (but I was surprised to see Vegas line is still 38 - seems high), and some turnovers.

Time to roll the dice...
Line still not moved. Bizarre. I may have the balls to start ind over jax

Top shelf option for Week 14, no brainer. At home, great pass rush, facing an underperforming banged up Redskins line.
After seeing the snow I stuck with Buffalo.  We’ll see if it see if it plays out but in a limited number of moves each week, I decided to hold onto my last move. 

Oakland this weekend and then Detroit til I die in the playoffs 
Detroit til I die worked this weekend thanks to the fumbles, ints, and sacks. But in my league Detroit went negative due to points scored by Tampa.

chicago doesn’t look as safe bet after their performance this week? Was cincy D that depleted or how’d things go so right for the bears and can they repeat performance?

Phew, survived Cinci's implosion. Rolling with Baltimore the rest of the way.

Yeah, yeah, Gordon. But did you see that INT Kizer threw in OT? This is not a good team. And Ravens have absolutely feasted on bad offenses this year. It's actually been great how predictable they are. Start them in good matchups, avoid them like the plague in bad ones (tonight being a perfect example).

Meanwhile, in my other league I've been riding the Chargers. May sit them next week vs. KC (I also have Minny), but that Jets match-up in Week 16 just got a lot juicier now that it looks like it will be Bryce Petty under center.

Meanwhile, in my other league I've been riding the Chargers. May sit them next week vs. KC (I also have Minny), but that Jets match-up in Week 16 just got a lot juicier now that it looks like it will be Bryce Petty under center.
Going to try and make room for new orleans this week (they play jets) and hang on to SD for week 16. 

Going to try and make room for new orleans this week (they play jets) and hang on to SD for week 16. 
Yeah, NO has fallen off a little in recent weeks, I guess because of injuries, but if they're out there they're a must-start vs NYJ.

What are the odds the Jets kick the tires on Hackenberg?  :tebow:

(that's me praying it happens)

TripleThreat said:
After seeing the snow I stuck with Buffalo.  We’ll see if it see if it plays out but in a limited number of moves each week, I decided to hold onto my last move. 
Used that move to pickup Bortles moments after Wentz went down.  Would've like to have gotten NO, they got nabbed today.   

Have BUF looking at  DET, AZ, & MIA (pending BUF QB)

zftcg said:
Though my plan is still BAL @CLE & then IND, I’m not going to drop the LAC for a handcuff as I planned. They are so hot right now, on both sides of the ball. Rivers is straight dealin’, Allen is on fire, Henry is a load, and Gordon’s volume is as solid as anyone outside Bell & Gurley. That just puts so much pressure on opposing offenses to keep up.

Though my plan is still BAL @CLE & then IND, I’m not going to drop the LAC for a handcuff as I planned. They are so hot right now, on both sides of the ball. Rivers is straight dealin’, Allen is on fire, Henry is a load, and Gordon’s volume is as solid as anyone outside Bell & Gurley. That just puts so much pressure on opposing offenses to keep up.
FYI Jets just announced that McCown is officially out for the season. Brycian Hackenpetty, allow me to introduce you to Mr. Bosa and Mr. Ingram.

And yes, I agree that you can't put them out on the WW right now and risk having your opponent pick them up. Actually, while I still think BAL is a good start ROS, last night didn't really help us answer the question of how much the loss of Smith will impact them. 

Last edited by a moderator:
FYI Jets just announced that McCown is officially out for the season. Brycian Hackenpetty, allow me to introduce you to Mr. Bosa and Mr. Ingram.

And yes, I agree that you can't put them out on the WW right now and risk having your opponent pick them up. Actually, while I still think BAL is a good start ROS, last night didn't really help us answer the question of how much the loss of Smith will impact them. 
On the other hand, you could just say listen, that’s the NFL circa 2017.

The #1 & #2 DVOA teams also played each other yesterday & 78 points were scored at the LA Coliseum. Sometimes a blowout loss (Ravens getting boar raced in London) is just snowball effect with little carry over to the following weeks. Maybe we should view last night as just two powerful teams going all out.

Four decent defensive teams faced off - being aggressive & attacking was the key to having a chance. Whereas against lessor opponents, a more conservative slow bleed will kill the opponent completely.

On the other hand, you could just say listen, that’s the NFL circa 2017.

The #1 & #2 DVOA teams also played each other yesterday & 78 points were scored at the LA Coliseum. Sometimes a blowout loss (Ravens getting boar raced in London) is just snowball effect with little carry over to the following weeks. Maybe we should view last night as just two powerful teams going all out.

Four decent defensive teams faced off - being aggressive & attacking was the key to having a chance. Whereas against lessor opponents, a more conservative slow bleed will kill the opponent completely.
Yeah, I'm not panicking over Baltimore, and not just because I don't have a better option. I was just saying that in your case, you may decide after next week that they're not as good as they were pre-Smith injury and roll with LAC instead.

Saints at home against Bryce petty in the second week of playoffs? Yes please. Glad I picked them up since the Steelers haven’t been very productive. 

I’m rolling with the Chargers. I am a little bit worried that KC’s offense has picked it up the last two weeks. But my other D is LAR and there’s nothing on the wire. 

Pick your poison and state why:

DEN @ IND 

DET v CHI

NO v NYJ

NO D seems like the pick du jour, given the opportunity to be up against Petty/Hackenberg. If I'm to guess, would think it's a one-week affair as while they are hom again against the Falcons next week, I think the sledding gets tough against Ryan & Co.

Like Denver even on the road -- their D finally showed up last weekend, and I think that gives them a spark to finish strong against two teams who literally have nothing to play for as well -- @ IND and @WAS.

DET -- despite letting TB score points still had a respectable day with multiple sacks, INTs and fumble recoveries.

Like Denver even on the road -- their D finally showed up last weekend, and I think that gives them a spark to finish strong against two teams who literally have nothing to play for as well -- @ IND and @WAS.

DET -- despite letting TB score points still had a respectable day with multiple sacks, INTs and fumble recoveries.
I'm rolling with DEN. Same logic. 

Think the offense is in better shape. I'd expect them to move the ball on Indy. Brissett has been a sack machine as well.

Chalk up Washington...teams against my Cardinals have fared well lately.  Tennessee Def did mighty fine last week.  Cards LT Veldheer to IR.  More sacks a'coming with Gabby always itching to turn the ball over.  

Dumping NE for the week, and have first choice on defenses in a 15-team league:  Det., Minn., Buff. look to be the best available.  Minn. looks to be the quality one, but they haven't scored a TD all year, whereas Det. has scored five, so leaning towards Det.

Dumping NE for the week, and have first choice on defenses in a 15-team league:  Det., Minn., Buff. look to be the best available.  Minn. looks to be the quality one, but they haven't scored a TD all year, whereas Det. has scored five, so leaning towards Det.
FWIW I have Buff and Det and am playing Buff.  Feel like Cutler could turn into a pumpkin in crappy weather.

Pick your poison and state why:

DEN @ IND 

DET v CHI

NO v NYJ

NO D seems like the pick du jour, given the opportunity to be up against Petty/Hackenberg. If I'm to guess, would think it's a one-week affair as while they are hom again against the Falcons next week, I think the sledding gets tough against Ryan & Co.

And Washington in week 16 vs. Denver may work just as well!

Agreed... Plus Chargers are highly motivated in their divisional game vs. Chiefs for chance to take the lead in AFC West division. 

Thanks to injuries I'm carrying a ridiculous 3 defenses.  For this week, decision is down to Buffalo or Denver---leaning Denver, liked what I saw last week and suspect (hope?) that D has some pride that will carry it to end of year.

Holding Chargers as well; a part of me wonders about them this week.  They are all teed up if I am fortunate enough to need them week 16

Missed out on the Saints, ended up with the Lions.

Don't feel great about it, but I figure it's kind of a hedge since I'm also starting Jordan Howard.

Interestingly enough the Chargers and Pats were both dropped today. Would love to have either for next week if I get there. Maybe even this week for the Chargers.

Users who are viewing this thread