What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2017 FBG Subscriber Contest is LIVE (1 Viewer)

Lol Hunt = cut line exactly right now at 10.2 he's the only one I have going tonight. Super borking because weather he got 1 point or 100 it really doesn't matter except eating a flex spot if he's high enough.

Ted Lange as your Bartender said:
To my fellow 350 Cooper owners who survived the dark days....   :hifive:
:thumbup:   Add Carr too!  Which is great with Watson on a bye...

95 points on the board, 80 above the cut so far.  Feeling good this week!

Last edited by a moderator:
With hunt ownership now higher then the cutline it will be funny to watch it move tonight with each carry. His dynamic is facanating to me for example being that him and mccafery will likely be the only rbs to count for me this week I need him to go off .... other deeper owners wouldn't mind a goose egg witch situation are you ? :)
Goose egg this week would have been fine. With Gordon, Gurley, Henry, and Cohen, but crappy receivers I need him as a flex. with only Stafford out this week, this would be the week I can probably afford a lower flex. 

Ted Lange as your Bartender said:
To my fellow 350 Cooper owners who survived the dark days....   :hifive:
over/under on how many survive this week? I'm going to say 349... gotta be one guy with too many injuries or byes to survive even with that lead. 

Hunt, McCoy, Z Leg have me = to the cut after first half. Feeling great is this week minimal bye week and only DJ (haha only) and Maclin hurt. 

Heres hoping!!!

Looking like if Grok does decently this week I should survive with only Trubisky at QB.  Likely gone next week with heavy bye weeks and my top two players by cost out of action due to injury.

Foxer2373 said:
Hunt, McCoy, Z Leg have me = to the cut after first half. Feeling great is this week minimal bye week and only DJ (haha only) and Maclin hurt. 

Heres hoping!!!
150 with Ertz and Hogan full scores to count. Feeling good. Think we will see a 140-150 cut this week.

25.75 over the cut with T.Smith and Hogan left (- 15) and(- 17.60).No QB this week so if I do manage to hold on and advance everything after this week is just gravy on top of my biscuits.

Sinn Fein said:

ETA - not worried, yet...
2804 here, closest I've been this year.

150 with Ertz and Hogan full scores to count. Feeling good. Think we will see a 140-150 cut this week.
Hope so. 134 with Cooks, Crowder, Hogan, and Ertz left. Need two of those too score about 15 to be okay.

Currently sitting at 134.25 with cutline @ 118.15 and I still have a few players left: C. Wentz (-22),  Ertz and Gronk (-6.5, -12) and T. Gabriel (-12)

C. Hogan is on 71.94% of the remaining live teams, but not mine so if he has a huge game I could be in trouble

Z. Ertz on 51.32%

C. Wentz on 19.44%

R. Gronk 9.66%

T. Gabriel 5.20%

Looks like I'll be rooting for Gronk and Gabriel tonight

160.6 with Ertz and Hogan (-12.5, -14.1). Looks like I'll be moving on for another week.  :thumbup:

Still feel this is my worst team in a few years. Not feeling good long term. 

Well, injuries did me in. I'll probably miss the cut by about the points of a middling QB - something I was missing due to Bradford and Palmer both being injured on Stafford's bye. Despite a 30 man roster, I only managed 2 TDs this week. I guess I gotta go 4QB next year...

Well, injuries did me in. I'll probably miss the cut by about the points of a middling QB - something I was missing due to Bradford and Palmer both being injured on Stafford's bye. Despite a 30 man roster, I only managed 2 TDs this week. I guess I gotta go 4QB next year...
Frankly you just need better luck.

No telling if I'll make it much further but if Mariota had been injured later or didn't make it back, I'd probably be out this week too. Largely because Stafford. 

Frankly you just need better luck.

No telling if I'll make it much further but if Mariota had been injured later or didn't make it back, I'd probably be out this week too. Largely because Stafford. 
Well, yeah... injury luck is one of the keys to this contest:

• Pick good players
  • Avoid injuries
  • Spread your byes out
  • Spread out your big games
  • Spread out your bad games
I thought I was doing ok on #2... didn't mind losing my 3rd QB, but losing my 2nd while 1st was on bye was just a little too much when the rest of my players decided to develop an end zone allergy, thus failing on #5. Most weeks I could've survived a negligible score at QB.

Well, yeah... injury luck is one of the keys to this contest:

• Pick good players
  • Avoid injuries
  • Spread your byes out
  • Spread out your big games
  • Spread out your bad games
I thought I was doing ok on #2... didn't mind losing my 3rd QB, but losing my 2nd while 1st was on bye was just a little too much when the rest of my players decided to develop an end zone allergy, thus failing on #5. Most weeks I could've survived a negligible score at QB.
See, I always forget to do those last 2!

Should advance this week, but it's gonna be one of those piranha victories I'm afraid. Lost Palmer, which in and of itself isn't the end of the world. Leaves me w/ 1 QB in each of weeks 9 and 10 tho (Smith and Rivers). 

Sitting at 1.15 above the cut line.  Three players left....Ertz, Wentz, and Kelley.

Ertz 51% owned (-9.6)

Wentz 19% owned (-17.15)

Kelley 13% owned (-9.9)

I'm not smart enough to figure out what I need to advance, but I do know that I'm in trouble.  Good luck to all of the bubble teams.

Still think I'm here I'd till week 9 

currently 160.6 with Ertz -3 and Pryor -9.9 

i can't believe my defense and kicker(not plural lol) every week have scored high enough to offset a DJ $39 injury, no QB last week and only 1 going forward all year and Z leg doing all my kicking with Santos out. But my WR picks outside of Hogan and Kupp haven't put up a decent game all year (Pryor, Bryant, maclin, Golladay, Garcon).

week 9 assuming nothing crazy happens next week will be a huge test though. 1QB , 2RB, 4wr, 1TE,1K, 2D (heavy bye week anyway coupled with Key injurys). 

Hairy not gonna lie you are in trouble with high ownership on Ertz and Wentz, your best hope (sorry to say) will be Kelly going off for a 30pt Game. You have a slim hope of Wentz and Ertz combine for a 50-60pointer. The problem is if they both score 15-20 there will be many below the cut that will start counting at Zero. 

I don't agree that if your done you are safe in anyway tonight I think like last week the longer the game rolls the higher jumps the cut line takes. I still see it being a 150+ cut even where we are at now.

Hairy not gonna lie you are in trouble with high ownership on Ertz and Wentz, your best hope (sorry to say) will be Kelly going off for a 30pt Game. You have a slim hope of Wentz and Ertz combine for a 50-60pointer. The problem is if they both score 15-20 there will be many below the cut that will start counting at Zero. 
Yeah....I agree that I am in trouble.  I agree that I will need a huge night from Ertz and Wentz to have a fighting chance....not just an average night, it has to be huge.  It would be awesome for Kelly to throw up a 20 spot, but I think it is way more likely the other scenario happens.  Either way, it's been a good run.  Survived this long with DJ on injured reserve....I was starting to get optimistic that I could survive until he came back.  M. Thomas did not meet my expectations and Parker was a flop.....Maybe something epic happens tonight, but even if it does, my days are numbered.

I need a MNF miracle to stay alive.  Starting MNF 20 points under the cut with:

Cousins -5.1

Smallwood -10.3

Ertz -12.6

Sturgis -0 (This will remain zero for Kicker points this week)

Eagles -3

HairySasquatch said:
Yeah....I agree that I am in trouble.  I agree that I will need a huge night from Ertz and Wentz to have a fighting chance....not just an average night, it has to be huge.  It would be awesome for Kelly to throw up a 20 spot, but I think it is way more likely the other scenario happens.  Either way, it's been a good run.  Survived this long with DJ on injured reserve....I was starting to get optimistic that I could survive until he came back.  M. Thomas did not meet my expectations and Parker was a flop.....Maybe something epic happens tonight, but even if it does, my days are numbered.
You've got Ertz in the black, right? I'm thinking you've got a real solid chance to advance. 

Cousins -5.1

Smallwood -10.3

Ertz -12.6

Eagles -3

At halftime, I'm now 15 under the cut.  Cousins and Ertz are now counting for me, so I guess there is a chance....albeit a slim chance.

HairySasquatch said:
Sitting at 1.15 above the cut line.  Three players left....Ertz, Wentz, and Kelley.

Ertz 51% owned (-9.6)

Wentz 19% owned (-17.15)

Kelley 13% owned (-9.9)

I'm not smart enough to figure out what I need to advance, but I do know that I'm in trouble.  Good luck to all of the bubble teams.

Cousins -5.1

Smallwood -10.3

Ertz -12.6

Eagles -3
Rooting for you both!  :)

After surviving by less than a point last week a generous 180+ so far tonight allows time to relax with a glass of wine. Never hought Wentz would exceed what Dak put up this week. Been over 200 twice early in the season, but now hanging on to get some injured players back in the saddle again. BYE weeks should be ok as I spread them out and my top players have already had their rest...or if no one produces next week, I meet the Turk.

Foxer2373 said:
Still think I'm here I'd till week 9 

currently 160.6 with Ertz -3 and Pryor -9.9 

i can't believe my defense and kicker(not plural lol) every week have scored high enough to offset a DJ $39 injury, no QB last week and only 1 going forward all year and Z leg doing all my kicking with Santos out. But my WR picks outside of Hogan and Kupp haven't put up a decent game all year (Pryor, Bryant, maclin, Golladay, Garcon).

week 9 assuming nothing crazy happens next week will be a huge test though. 1QB , 2RB, 4wr, 1TE,1K, 2D (heavy bye week anyway coupled with Key injurys). 

I don't agree that if your done you are safe in anyway tonight I think like last week the longer the game rolls the higher jumps the cut line takes. I still see it being a 150+ cut even where we are at now.
Cutlines don't move like that.  We're currently at 136 with 21 minutes left to play.

Users who are viewing this thread