What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2016 Subscriber Contest - live scoring in first post (3 Viewers)

My team is only scoring 154 each week, but I still feel pretty good about it. No major injuries so far, studs looking relatively studly (David Johnson & Antonio Brown), some cheap guys stepping up (Fuller, CMike, J James), and the cavalry are on their way (Bell, Brady, Gordon). I'm just grateful that I had Nick Folk this week to keep me above water.
That's what I posted after week 2. Since then my squad is averaging 190, with 170+ each week, and it has just broken into the top 500 overall.

Josh Gordon is my only permanent benchwarmer, with my other 29 players all earning at least one start. MVPs so far are David Johnson & Antonio Brown, best values are Davante Adams, Christine Michael, and the Chargers defense, and Jimmy Graham & Julian Edelman are the key players who have the best chance to set my team apart from the field down the stretch.

Pos

Player

Price

Used

Starter Points

QB

Tom Brady

$15

QB

Tyrod Taylor

$11

QB

Case Keenum

$2

RB

David Johnson

$30

RB

LeVeon Bell

$27

RB

Rashad Jennings

$12

RB

Derrick Henry

$7

RB

Christine Michael

$4

WR

Antonio Brown

$35

WR

Julian Edelman

$19

WR

Josh Gordon

$13

WR

Mohamed Sanu

$7

WR

Will Fuller

$6

WR

Devin Funchess

$6

WR

Rishard Matthews

$6

WR

Kenny Stills

$4

WR

Davante Adams

$3

TE

Jimmy Graham

$10

TE

Clive Walford

$6

TE

Virgil Green

$4

TE

Crockett Gillmore

$3

TE

Jesse James

$2

PK

Sebastian Janikowski

$3

PK

Nick Folk

$2

PK

Andrew Franks

$2

PK

Ryan Succop

$2

DST

Dallas Cowboys

$3

DST

San Diego Chargers

$2

DST

Tennessee Titans

$2

DST

New Orleans Saints

$2

Definitely the deepest I've ever been in this contest.  Around 350th in overall score.  Fun contest.

My team sucks so much but still alive.  I actually find it amusing.  I'm sure I'll get knocked out next week but I've said that to myself like five different times so far this season.  

Dropped to #3 after the Sunday night game, at 237.90 and done.  If Brady had scored that last TD (or any TD), I'd have been in the #1 spot, though it doesn't matter until the playoffs.

A bunch of the 31 remaining Brady/Gronk owners should get eliminated after their underperformance this week...
Finished at #4 this week after Monday night, and now at #16 overall (one of the teams ahead of me was eliminated this week, so I'm #15 of teams still alive), averaging 192.45.

11 of the 31 remaining Brady/Gronk teams were eliminated this week, leaving 20 of us.  With Gronk out at least this week, a bunch more could be eliminated this coming week.  I have Julio on bye, so need the rest of my guys to produce.

There are 14 teams left with Gronk and Julio, so a bunch of those should be eliminated this coming week, missing $62 of cap on just those 2.  I hope I'm not one of them...

bought an extra FBG subscription just so I could have 2 entries. both still alive. :ph34r:

Martellus Bennett and Nick Novak are the only players in common..

Last edited by a moderator:
As a non-CMike owner, it's comforting to see him become a non-factor.  With 1000 teams still owning him, if he suddenly started producing at his earlier levels, it could have been deadly. One less thing to worry about is good.

Team Holloway

QBs (3) - Winston 347 owners used score 7 times and past his bye, Griffin 358 not used and week 13 bye and Wentz (165) used 3 times and past his bye

RBs (8) - McCoy (140) used 7 times past his bye, J. Hill (182) used 4 times past his bye, S. Ware (788) used 4 times past his bye, D. Henry (668) used 1 time bye week 13, D. Booker (248) used twice on bye this week, James White (536) used twice past his bye but Lewis is returning, C. Michael (1000) most owned player used 4 times and now cut, A. Morris not used and past his bye

WRs (10) - M. Evans (344) used 6 times past bye, D. Thomas (47) used 6 times on bye this week, S. Shepard (313) used 4 times past his bye, M. Thomas (354) used 7 times past his bye, Ginn (107) used once past his bye, Funchess (689) used once past his bye, Fuller (380) used 3 times past his bye, Kearse (47) not used past his bye, Q. Patton (44) used once past his bye, K. Stills (459) used twice past his bye

TEs (4) - Walker (278) used 6 times week 13 bye, M. Bennett (622) used 6 times past his bye, V. Green (483) used once bye this week, J. James (582) used twice, but now fading

PKs (3) - Sturgis (60) used 6 times past his bye, Prater (327) used 3 times past his bye, Aguayo (239) used once past his bye

DSTs (2) Seattle (159) used 6 times past bye and Arizona (217) used 4 times past bye

As a non-CMike owner, it's comforting to see him become a non-factor.  With 1000 teams still owning him, if he suddenly started producing at his earlier levels, it could have been deadly. One less thing to worry about is good.
I'm hoping he gets picked up. Lots of potential landing spots out there.

Still alive but don't feel i have a great playoff team to make a serious push. i don't think scoring in the 170's on average is going to get it done. Going to need some super amazing breakout weeks to get in and keep it interesting. by far the best i have ever done. good luck to all that remain.

Starting to look not so good for me. Going to need big games from probably 2 of Davante Adams, Will Fuller and Amari Cooper. Christine Michael and/or some late points from a couple others could help but still need help from those WRs.

ETA - also have Garçon. Have my top 2 WRs and top flex all at 7.3 or less but I'm 10 points under the cut so far. Ugh.

There are 14 teams left with Gronk and Julio, so a bunch of those should be eliminated this coming week, missing $62 of cap on just those 2.  I hope I'm not one of them...
Looks like I made it another week, currently #84, 43 points above the cut, with only Hou D (-2) and Novak/Janikowski (-6.70) left.  Only 2 more weeks to survive, but each week eliminates half the remaining teams... :unsure:

Just saw Michael is inactive so there goes the Hail Mary hope - of course more than half the teams left have him on their roster so would have only been partial help anyway.

Kirk freaking Cousins saving my butt here.  I'm 15 over the current cut line with Cooper (-2.5) to go.  I like my chances to move on.

My team kinda sucks, though.  Been squeaking by the last couple of weeks.  I guess it could all come together, but I haven't broken 200 all year.

Another Gronk/Julio owner who's moving on!  I think this is my deepest run ever.  Jared Cook picked a good week to come back.  :thumbup:

The great news is that I've been scoring like crazy for weeks! The bad news is, I got knocked out about a month ago by one third of a point. I would still be going strong in this thing. I love this contest. I hate this contest. I love this contest. I hate this contest. I love this contest. I hate this contest. I love this contest. I hate this contest.

I'm in a little trouble. Currenlty a little more than 2.5 below the cut line. I have Janikowski -9.2 and Cooper and Fuller at -7.2 and -8.8. Cooper needs to go nuts, IMO. 

The great news is that I've been scoring like crazy for weeks! The bad news is, I got knocked out about a month ago by one third of a point. I would still be going strong in this thing. I love this contest. I hate this contest. I love this contest. I hate this contest. I love this contest. I hate this contest. I love this contest. I hate this contest.
I feel ya. Knocked out week 8 by 0.35 and would have survived weeks 9-11. 

I've got about 9 points on the cutline with only Fuller tonight as a bit of protection.    My team has no chance to win the big prizes so you all should root for me :)     Cooper going big is what could really move the line I reckon.

Holy crap......looks like I made it by 1.5 pts w/out Ryan and Julio. Thank you Derek Carr who was the only guy left to save me! And a shout out to Jared Cook and Vance McDonald who's combined 40.6 pts was totally unexpected, and James White's 18+ I must say was not expected either. Wow. Unbelievable.

Had a strong squad this year, generally 30+ points over the cut, but no chance to survive this week. My RB's were led by Gordon and Freeman, and thanks to injuries and other byes my only "healthy" RB this week was Christine Michael. I doubt I hit 100

Been a fun ride. I'm out. Crazy after finishing top 100 last week and near the top of the leader board for weeks before that.  I could not survive another Gronk bye week and Julio together.  This would have been my last bye week hurdle, but just not enough production to stay alive.  Good luck to all still in this contest. 

I have just slid by the last two weeks with 159.0 & 165.55.

High score on the year was 198.25 back in week 3.  Not exactly the kind of scores that will land me in the money...even if I make it that far.

So how many message board guys do we have left to root for?

If you're still alive, check in and post your entry number so we can keep track.

Lehigh98 - 106896

My team sucks so much but still alive.  I actually find it amusing.  I'm sure I'll get knocked out next week but I've said that to myself like five different times so far this season.  
Still alive.  :lmao:  

But seriously, I'm definitely getting knocked out this week.  Out of the 1,001 remaining teams, I'm #982 in overall scoring and I only would've been top 500 twice this season.  Though those two times were weeks 9 and 11 so... 

I extended my lead at #1 overall to 77 points, too bad it doesn't mean $#!t.  

Any chance we can change the rules?   :excited:

And good luck to those still alive and kicking! I've loved following along and will be rooting for anyone posting in thread that is still alive. 

Lehigh98 said:
So how many message board guys do we have left to root for?

If you're still alive, check in and post your entry number so we can keep track.

Lehigh98 - 106896
108076  -- #6 this week, #90 overall, but took a hit with Miller's broken foot costing me my most consistent TE

108076  -- #6 this week, #90 overall, but took a hit with Miller's broken foot costing me my most consistent TE
My # is 111056 and I think I have a decent team, not sure many others would agree.

I'm still alive... barely scrapping by every week. I haven't looked but I'd guess I'm ranked 1,000 out of the 1,000 remaining.

my team is terrible but we have a lot of damn heart!!

plz root for me! :)

11 of the 31 remaining Brady/Gronk teams were eliminated this week, leaving 20 of us.  With Gronk out at least this week, a bunch more could be eliminated this coming week.  I have Julio on bye, so need the rest of my guys to produce.

8 of the 20 remaining Brady/Gronk teams were eliminated this week, leaving 12 of us.

6 of the 14 remaining Gronk/Julio teams were eliminated, leaving 8 of us.

3 of us with all 3 of Brady/Gronk/Julio are still alive, with none eliminated since week 8.

I've now moved up to #7 overall -- 110495.  My last bye week hurdle is next week, with Murray/Henry out.  Hopefully Gronk will be back this week.

squeaked by for one more week. overall 719 for this week which makes me think the luck train is running out. its been insane this year with all the injuries. fingers crossed every week just to get through one more week.

team # 102810 

Users who are viewing this thread