What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2016 STOCK CONTEST (2 Viewers)

:blackdot:

my pick was horrible but my S$P prediction wasn't bad (21 pts off as of today)

I'll probably get destroyed again but I think the perceived fall is worse than the reality for OUTR (currently @ $40.99)
I meant short!

Good thing I use ETFs and tsp only now.

KMI, because it has just gotten destroyed this year and I'm a sucker for punishment.

ETA: S&P 1825.
Andrew note my S&P prediction (made before Christmas). It isn't in the spreadsheet. Right now I think I'm running away with that one. Never thought it would be 2 weeks into the year we'd see those numbers, though.

So the stock I wanted to short (SHLD) started the year at 20.56 and is now 17.14 - down 16.6%. Or better than the stock I went long on.

:bag:

Then I switch to (SWHC) as a long play based on the craziness that is the American gun-owner at this point.

That stock started the year at 21.98 and ended today at 20.55. Which is down 6.5%. Which actually would be good for 6th place at this point.

Just noticed that Em made a pick before trading opened on the 4th (the first day of trading on the year). For those who want to track Em, his pick was MU. Ended last year at 14.16 and is currently at 11.08. (-21.8%)

-QG

Intertain Group IT:CN - trades in Canada, should get listing in the US this year. Stock was punished unfairly by a short hit piece that is largely baseless. I expect a sharp rebound here. $9.80 today. Was right at $20 in June. Online Bingo. Flipping cash cow with the old ladies in countries that are nonsensical with their online gaming laws like we are here.
Intertain Beats Across the Board - From Dundee Capital Markets:

We are reiterating our BUY recommendation following strong Q4 results that beat increased expectations and the company’s own updated guidance from early January. From our perspective, Intertain’s core businesses are firing on all cylinders. The primary bingo business of JackpotJoy is growing ahead of management’s expectations, hitting 20% Y/Y organic growth, while Mandalay is growing at a more tepid 7%. On the Vera&John side, the company is handily beating expectations and with the more recent quarter posted 45% organic revenue growth. As management put it, there is a significant disconnect between the valuation of the shares and the fundamentals of the business. With the announcement of a strategic review process, we believe that investors should take the view that unless the shares correct to the upside in the near term, the Board will be forced to surface value through other means, either selling off parts of the business or as a whole. Even though there is no guarantee that a transaction will be completed, the backdrop of a strong European gaming sector, ongoing M&A across the industry with an appetite for more, and a strong fundamental story being told through the results should provide investors with sufficient credence that value will be surfaced. We reiterate our BUY recommendation and maintain our $21 target price based on conservative multiples relative to comps
Stock up 19% in a red tape. :coffee:

All good, my man.  CEO wants to buy all shares at 21 and take this thing private.  Hope the board blocks this or pushes the bid higher.  Good little company. 
Held it while it tanked, waiting to see what happens.  Happy to take 21 or more.   :thumbup:     I ended up picking Telsa so I could leave it for you.

Holy ####! CPXX (Celator Pharmaceuticals) up 432% today. SouthJersey takes a huge lead
For once one of my longshot investments is looking decent.  I was thinking about buying more during a recent dip but chickened out.

My buddy who is a big biotech speculator has been hammering me about buying CPXX for the past 2 years.  He's been touting the AML drug which they announced had the positive phase 3 results 2-days ago.

The FBG index is up 35% YTD, but if you exclude SouthJersey, it's down 1%.  

At least the contest to guess the S&P 500 is still undecided.

Wow, early congrats to SouthJersey. This has to be the biggest gain we've ever had.

Is a 2017 contest going? (ETA- Found it)

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, 2016 is in the books and @SouthJersey blew everyone away.  If you want to PM me an addy, I'll send you the (admittedly meager) prize I cobbled together.  Hopefully you can find it useful.  Looks like @Vladimir took 2nd place and @pecorino took 3rd.  Shout out to @slackjawedyokel for making us all feel better about our pick.   :P

At least my S&P forecast was good cause my stock sucked.

FUBAR said:
You know it's been a good year when a 42% gain is 5th place.  

Wish I had actually bought. 
Same here!  38% ain't shabby.   I do actually own my pick this year (CHCT) along with TEVA, which is the one I wanted.

So the stock I wanted to short (SHLD) started the year at 20.56 and is now 17.14 - down 16.6%. Or better than the stock I went long on.

:bag:

Then I switch to (SWHC) as a long play based on the craziness that is the American gun-owner at this point.

That stock started the year at 21.98 and ended today at 20.55. Which is down 6.5%. Which actually would be good for 6th place at this point.

Just noticed that Em made a pick before trading opened on the 4th (the first day of trading on the year). For those who want to track Em, his pick was MU. Ended last year at 14.16 and is currently at 11.08. (-21.8%)

-QG
Started off down 21.8%, ends up +54.8%. Good for 3rd place.

That's two top-ten finishes in 3 years! I think it's time we rename the Eminence award or accept its name as satire. ;)

Fourth, actually, but still a good pick.

I had back-to-back top-five finishes, Em, but I have taken the pipe since. Sample size is important.

I'll take SWHC 

ETA.  Didn't see the cutoff before midnight.  Sorry

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread