What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***2015 NHL Reg Season*** Gostibehere best prospect ever (1 Viewer)

Went to the Hawks game last night with my family. My son and I sat together and my wife, daughters and mom sat in another section. It was the first game for my wife and kids, while I have not been to a Hawks game in 20+ years. We had such a fun time, and to see my kids enjoy the whole day/evening was such a delight, even if they lost we still would have had a great time.

Down 3-1 in NY and Hank in nets?No problem!!

Caps are a fun team to watch right now.
It's been over a month since I last posted in this thread apparently, so I'll return with the opposite of my last one.

The Rangers are playing some awful hockey right now.

Nice gritty win for Washington, playing on the road for a second straight night. Third and Fourth lines got it done tonight after Top 6 put up 6 goals last night

Can the NHL please figure out a way to see if goals go in the net? Blurry cameras. Camera angles blocked by players. How about five cameras in the net?

Wild beat Montreal but should have been ahead 4-0 instead of 2-0. Granlund and Parise with no-goal calls.

Also a very pretty goal by Coyle. Backhand to himself, around a guy, catches it with his backhand, transitions quickly to his forehand up close to the net with the D on his hip and elevates it short-side. Announcer said Price would've had it. MAYBE he would have but he's not giving Coyle enough credit. Sometimes it's just an excellent play by the scorer.

hope the Wild are dangling Granlund and one of Scandella, Spurgeon, or Brodin to the Jackets for Johansen. as much as I like Granlund and think he'll eventually hit his potential, Johansen is much better. they will have to move one of those defenseman eventually anyway and with Dumba, Olofsson, and Reilly they have depth that is a fit for their cap. Zucker, Dumba, and potentially Kuemper (could be moved instead, especially with his strong play this year) all RFAs that need to be signed still so they are up against it and have a lot of dollars at the blue line with the Spurgeon signing for '16. great deal by the way, all three now have reasonable cap hits for quality top 4 defensemen.

The new CBA will have a "bye week" provision - every team will get 7 consecutive days off in January or February - not sure if it was discussed in here and I missed it.

The new CBA will have a "bye week" provision - every team will get 7 consecutive days off in January or February - not sure if it was discussed in here and I missed it.
saw that. but they are talking about doing it next year so I'm not sure if it would be CBA driven. would be nice if they were condensing things, not stretching them out.

saw that. but they are talking about doing it next year so I'm not sure if it would be CBA driven. would be nice if they were condensing things, not stretching them out.
I think that's due entirely to the World Cup of Hockey.

No Christmas games? It is like an all star break. Do they not want to compete with the NBA?
collectively bargained
yep. from the last CBA:

• The new Christmas break will consist of Dec. 24, 25 and 26. In seasons where Dec. 26 is a Saturday, the break will fall on Dec. 23, 24, and 25.
But hasn't the league historically had a Christmas break?

I thought they historically also had a trade moratorium around Christmas as well.

Last Christmas or Christmas Eve game was '72 according to this link

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=648263

Last edited by a moderator:
If you think the three day break is bad, the Flyers have a weird West Coast swing where they're gone for a while but only play 3 games.

Practice Saturday then fly West

Sun 12/27 @Ducks

Wed 12/30 @ Sharks (NorCal)

Sat 1/2/16 @Kings (afternoon game back in SoCal)

fly home then no game until

Tue 1/5 vs MTL

Was at the Wings game Tuesday night against the Devils. Probably my last game at the Joe. What a slopfest by Detroit in their own end. Blind passes across the front of the net in the defensive zone. It was just a mess.

Larkin is the real deal though. The kid just looks so smooth out there.

Was at the Wings game Tuesday night against the Devils. Probably my last game at the Joe. What a slopfest by Detroit in their own end. Blind passes across the front of the net in the defensive zone. It was just a mess.

Larkin is the real deal though. The kid just looks so smooth out there.
They stink, Z and Larkin are the only two forwards worth the #### as they are currently being employed. Blashill needs to switch it up, I'd like to see a Larkin/Nyquist/Tatar line or Abby with Nyquist and Tatar. Brendon Smith is playing well also, I like how his game has evolved. The pieces are there but they are pretty dismal as a package right now. Hoping that will change because they have the best goaltending they've had since Hasek IMO, and they could make a run. But giving up third period leads and disjointed play is hard to watch.

Muzzin going for the Scott Stevens hit and ended up doing this-https://cdn.streamable.com/video/mp4/vcun.mp4

Got a match penalty which I assume will be taken back.Really wish they would review these types of plays during the game to make sure they get it right.Muzzin had no clue Gordon was going down before the hit and made contact with the head.

Physical first period in Flyers Ducks. Flyers had 5 guys in penalty box at one point. Mason bailed out Flyers a couple times.

So the Ducks announcers go to great lengths to talk about Raffl being Austrian and the proceed to repeatedly pronounce his name like raffle.

Lack and Cam playing good................trade trade trade. Faulk is a beast, just need 18 more players around him. As a GM Skinner is such a hard call with his issues.

Rangers suck. Not sure what their plan will be. I can see them trying to move Krieder or JT Miller. I wouldnt, but what do I know

Strange thing about hockey, real results and on paper results usually differ. Those hated Habs are also proving what an elite goalie can do for you in the NHL.

Wings have a ton of offensive talent and can't score goals. Babcock was squeezing every drop of juice out of these guys, Blashill has no answer so far.

Holtby with the shutout. 15-0-1 in last 18 starts, Caps win 8th straight
That save Holtby made on Kane was one of his best ever-http://i.imgur.com/J8LlVNG.gif

Also enjoyed the Sabres sending 3 into the corner and leaving Ovie wide open in front of the net for the first goal-http://i.imgur.com/xZJLK5p.gif

Way too easy but I will give the Sabres credit,they played hard and I have nothing but good things to say about Eichel.Kid is gonna be great,now all he needs is a better team around him.I loved the way Ristolainen was unloading bombs for the Sabres as well,kid has a cannon for a shot.

Caps trailing 2-1 after 2, score 4 in the third. Now a league-best 5-3-1 when trailing after 2. Also now on pace to tie 76 Canadiens with NHL record 132 points. Some worrisome injuries tonight though. But Kuznetsov was insane centering the Ovie-Oshie line after Backstrom left the game

Caps trailing 2-1 after 2, score 4 in the third. Now a league-best 5-3-1 when trailing after 2. Also now on pace to tie 76 Canadiens with NHL record 132 points. Some worrisome injuries tonight though. But Kuznetsov was insane centering the Ovie-Oshie line after Backstrom left the game
Carlson and Beagle now both out for a while along with Orpik makes for some interesting choices as to who will step in.Have to think Laich will move up to 3rd line C but he is nowhere close to being as good as Beagle is on face offs so that will hurt them some.Having 2 of your top 4 D out also poses a big threat but Orlov and Schmidt should be good for any short term extended minutes period.Chorney has picked his game up and now Carrick is being asked to handle 3rd pairing duties so adding another depth guy almost seems like a must for GMBM.

Also might wonder if they kick the tires on Derek Roy again(I think he's playing in a Swiss league).

Users who are viewing this thread