What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2014 Subscriber Contest is LIVE (1 Viewer)

[SIZE=medium]MY $68 worth of RBS:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]A.P.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Ray Rice[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]DeAngelo Williams[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Carlos Hyde[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]I'm fully expecting to tune in TMZ & see video of Hyde punting kittens at an ASPCA billboard in the next week or two. That should put the final nail in my 2014 team's coffin. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Might as well bury it next to 2013....& '12.....& '11....[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Sad thing is, I don't think any of them were more then 10 weeks old.[/SIZE]

Norton's projections had my team scoring 139.5 this week. Didn't think it would be that low. At 151.55 with more to come. Got 15.7 out of my running backs with Stewart being my top one this week. Not good.

Cut line at 123.45 right now.

My 151.90 looks good. Will be challenging next week with no Green, Sanu, Hill, and Cameron (not to mention Ingram)

-QG

I've got 163 points so far. Looks like I'll be through to next week. That's when I make my exit. My RBs next week:

Jeremy Hill (bye)

Jonathan Stewart (injured?)

Adrian Peterson (suspended)

Mark Ingram (injured)

Doug Martin (injured?)

I've got 163 points so far. Looks like I'll be through to next week. That's when I make my exit. My RBs next week:

Jeremy Hill (bye)

Jonathan Stewart (injured?)

Adrian Peterson (suspended)

Mark Ingram (injured)

Doug Martin (injured?)
With the cuts this low and the brutal week 4 byes, I doubt you will need any RB scores.

Only going to be without Demaryius Thomas next week. NOT THAT I'LL NOTICE! Great to see Bortles in action already, my Cutler/Bortles combo looks like a great way to save so far.

166.40 + (Amaro - 4.40)

Really need Cameron to recover on the bye and get back to normal. I agree that it's nice to see Bortles in there. Man I need Lacy to wake up. Sheesh at least I hope he outscores Turbin next week so he'll finally count for me!

-QG

And that's all folks. What a disaster. Terrible RB performances (McCoy, Lacy and kiddie beater) and average days from Newton and Dalton did me in.

Earliest exit since this has been running.

LaGarette Blount may have saved me, but I'm running on fumes. I went with two "3 down backs" and a few flyers. Lacy, Martin, Pierce, Blount, Dunbar... whoops. Unless Lacy and Martin miraculously come back to life, it's just a matter of time.

142 with Cutler -1.9 and everything that Matt Forte brings to the table. That easily gets me through to week 4.

Oh wait, no it doesn't. Because I got knocked out last week by stupid Andrew Luck's interception, preventing Vinatieri from an easy FB to put me through to this week.

FLuck!

I feel like next week will seem a lot tougher than it should be. Lots of people have RB injuries and dealing with suspensions and with the byes, so I think with at least a solid performance from your other cores, you could take a 0 at RB and advance.

Peterson and Ingram out. Still rocking a 0 from my TEs until either Eifert or Reed can get back. And... through to another week, anyway (162.95... I'm feeling pretty safe). No individual stars this week, but getting nearly 100 points from Sanders, Benjamin, John Brown, and Edelman at WR sure helped.

I've actually got relatively little in the way of week 4 byes, so maybe I'll be seeing you fellas for a couple more weeks, still.

Would you look at that, finally my defense outscored my kicker. (top 2 actually did)

No huge weeks yet but no key injuries either. Fitz seems to be money wasted. Lady er, i mean lacy, was not a good choice either.

Would not have thought my top two receivers would be rookies.

Last edited by a moderator:
dbc925 said:
142 with Cutler -1.9 and everything that Matt Forte brings to the table. That easily gets me through to week 4.

Oh wait, no it doesn't. Because I got knocked out last week by stupid Andrew Luck's interception, preventing Vinatieri from an easy FB to put me through to this week.

FLuck!
:rotflol:

Most of us will be joining you with these sentiments in the near future.

This is going to be close - I am 8 points above the cutline right now, with Cutler -19.25

Cutler is one of the few players who can move the needle significantly tonight, so if he plays a great game, I should be able to catch the wave, and if he plays poorly, then a big change in the cut line is not likely.

Looking good to survive this week with only Montee Ball at RB, Graham/Gronk underwhelming, and DT not doing much

Currently 5 points over the cut but with Cutler -0 still to play

Hopefully you guys are right about next week's cut being low because my roster will only be at about 50% strength with injuries, suspensions, and byes haha

Not exactly the same as losing ADP or Charles, but the injury to Woodhead will create problems when I get to my bye weeks. Going to need one of my flyers (Cunningham/Andre Williams) to step up.

This is going to be close - I am 8 points above the cutline right now, with Cutler -19.25

Cutler is one of the few players who can move the needle significantly tonight, so if he plays a great game, I should be able to catch the wave, and if he plays poorly, then a big change in the cut line is not likely.
all 3 TE's are in play for me this week. Sitting at 148 with Cutler and CJ2K so I should be fine. You need to get through through. We gotta make the big 3 TE plan look good. lol

Wow. Five points above the cutoff -- I think I'm at 8344 or something -- with Ivory, Folk at -2 (is this the next score we have to beat?) and Cutler at -15. Liking my chances a bit, but hating that there are Marshall and Jeffery owners likely all riled up and ready to go.

I love that I have Kelce and D. Allen as my TEs for $16 combined.

I hate that I have KC and Jax (I had no idea Wk 1 would be such a disaster, nor that Bradley wouldn't have Jax in great defensive shape) for $8 combined. If D/ST is the death of me, I'll hate that. I usually shine in that area with value picks.

How much will the cutline increase 2nite?
If I'm reading it right, nearly half of the remaining teams have Jay Cutler, so potentially by a good bit if Chicago's passing offense has another huge game.

Edit: wow, Cutler is one of the most-owned players remaining by a massive margin. Benjamin is tops, but Cutler is second. The only other guys with even half as many teams still alive as Cutler's 5039 are Ingram, McCoy, and Lacy at RB (side note: those ownership stats are going to be wrecked after this week), Dez and Antonio at WR (probably surviving mostly intact), and Graham, Kelce, and Ertz at TE (you'd think all three TEs, but especially Ertz, have left a lot of their owners sweating this week).

A bad game from Cutler could mean a bloodbath for a lot of the most popular players.

I'm just excited that there was a bona fide Lafell sighting. He still didn't count for me, but the fact that I know he is definitely still on the roster gives me hope.

Cutler would have to have a huge game to affect the cut line that much. You figure most people don't just have 1 QB.
Definitely this.

Over 1/3rd of Cutler owners also own Foles, Luck, Ryan, Wilson, Kaepernick, and/or Brees (2176 of 6150).

For a Brees owner to add 15 points to his team tonight, he would need Cutler to be the highest scoring QB of the week. It's possible, but not likely.

Cutler would have to have a huge game to affect the cut line that much. You figure most people don't just have 1 QB.
Definitely this.

Over 1/3rd of Cutler owners also own Foles, Luck, Ryan, Wilson, Kaepernick, and/or Brees (2176 of 6150).

For a Brees owner to add 15 points to his team tonight, he would need Cutler to be the highest scoring QB of the week. It's possible, but not likely.
Of course, that means 2/3 of the Cutler owners don't have those guys and are looking for a significant jump. Stafford, Rodgers, Brady and Newton owners just might be looking at a 15 point bump. If over 3000 teams get a big bump, it will certainly raise the cutline (remember, it's the increase in score for the bottom teams who don't have big QB scores that is important--they're the ones that will affect the cutline the most). I have Kaep, so I'd only expect Cutler to raise my score a few points. On the other hand, I expect Forte to add a lot of points as he replaces Shady's 3.2. Add in a few extra points for Marshall, Decker and a few other owners, and the overall jump could be pretty big.

Here's the count of all teams that are currently below the cutline and have Cutler left to play, grouped by their current QB score:

Code:
QB1	Count36.00	2929.45	3926.60	4226.50	3124.85	1623.00	1522.45	4622.05	4121.90	8421.65	3320.15	4319.60	2819.25	10918.90	118.30	217.90	5017.20	1816.55	1715.15	1915.00	6214.45	1112.25	1212.10	2411.10	1710.20	33.15	111.90	210.00	104

Hmm. Your scoring has LeSean McCoy with 3.2, including a reception for 0 yards. Football Reference shows that too, but NFL.com and my live fantasy scoring on other sites does not, leaving him with 2.2. Looks like there was such a reception on a play with a roughing the passer call, which the play-by-play has down as "no play", but might that be enforced after the play?

Iggy do you have a sense of the roster size of the Cutler minus 0 guys? I would guess most were guys who gambled heavy studs and took a gamble on rolling just Cutler. A few maybe are Geno bargain hunters as well I guess.

Dang, I will get my donation in in the next two days.

-QG

Hmm. Your scoring has LeSean McCoy with 3.2, including a reception for 0 yards. Football Reference shows that too, but NFL.com and my live fantasy scoring on other sites does not, leaving him with 2.2. Looks like there was such a reception on a play with a roughing the passer call, which the play-by-play has down as "no play", but might that be enforced after the play?
Yeah, I'm pretty sure roughing the passer is applied after the result of the play, so (IMO) McCoy should get credit for the catch. Not sure why the play-by-play says "no play." I guess we'll just see what FBG has it scored as tomorrow. :shrug:

QG - I'll try to get a more complete review of the Cutler owners up later. It probably won't be until after the game starts though, gotta get the kids to bed and whatnot. :)

I had an idea the other day for a "live querier" that you could use during the weekend to get at this kind of stuff (e.g. Find me all teams that are currently below the cut line that have Cutler and a 0 at QB right now, etc). I've been pretty busy with other stuff but I have a few things I want to add/fix/improve on the site and I'm going to try to get to a few of them this week.

Another safe week, carried by Antonio Brown and Julio.

RB's are terrible, it'll keep me out of the final 2k unless Lacy can get going.

of all years to shift from the 28-30 roster size down to a smaller stud lineup...

we should track the last man standing in the Rice/AP pool of wasted money

Have been doing quite well so far with my 18 man lineup. Let's see how my one qb (Manning) strategy does next week with him on bye..

Users who are viewing this thread