What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2013 Off Season Dynasty Trade Thread (for completed trades) (1 Viewer)

Concept Coop said:
My last post on the matter (sorry to beat a dead horse...again):

Per target production:

Player A: 0.57 Rec/ 8.6 Yrds/0.06 TD - 280 Targets (26.9% of team's targets)

Player B: 0.58 Rec/ 8.2 Yrds/0.03 TD - 230 Targets (20.8% of teams' targets)*

Player B is now the #1 option on his team (hasn't been), was signed to a longterm $40mil contract, and is expected to see an increase in targets.

I'm playing devil's advocate. But you have to when evaluating each trade for a potential veto. This guy thinks he is helping his team. It should take a lot to tell him that he is wrong and doesn't have the right to make a deal he thinks is in his best interest. Brown has done enough for a reasonable mind to conclude that he will improve his production greatly with additional looks.

* Starting QB missed 4 games, played hurt in others. Backups: Charlie Batch, Byron Leftwitch
There's much disagreement about whether going from the #2 to #1 WR will be a good thing for Brown.

Concept Coop said:

Per target production:

Player B is now the #1 option on his team (hasn't been), was signed to a longterm $40mil contract, and is expected to see an increase in targets.

I'm playing devil's advocate. But you have to when evaluating each trade for a potential veto. This guy thinks he is helping his team. It should take a lot to tell him that he is wrong and doesn't have the right to make a deal he thinks is in his best interest. Brown has done enough for a reasonable mind to conclude that he will improve his production greatly with additional looks.

* Starting QB missed 4 games, played hurt in others. Backups: Charlie Batch, Byron Leftwitch
There's much disagreement about whether going from the #2 to #1 WR will be a good thing for Brown.

Concept Coop said:

Per target production:

Concept Coop said:

Per target production:

There are certainly reasonable arguments each way. I personally don't think he's a long-term NFL WR1, either, myself. But I can certainly understand someone thinking the opposite. It seems the Steelers do, for example.

There are certainly reasonable arguments each way. I personally don't think he's a long-term NFL WR1, either, myself. But I can certainly understand someone thinking the opposite. It seems the Steelers do, for example.
There are also about 25 other NFL teams who also think this way about one of their WRs. Only a few teams have that surefire stud #1 WR. Green is one of those very rare few, and it is already proven, and he has a decade left to blow up record books.

Brown may very well be the #1 for his team....................that doesn't mean he is a stud, or should be mentioned in the same breath as AJ Green.

There are also about 25 other NFL teams who also think this way about one of their WRs. Only a few teams have that surefire stud #1 WR. Green is one of those very rare few, and it is already proven, and he has a decade left to blow up record books.

Brown may very well be the #1 for his team....................that doesn't mean he is a stud, or should be mentioned in the same breath as AJ Green.
I don't disagree with you.

Concept Coop said:

Per target production:

I think Brown's contract is deceptive since he's earning $6.5M/year the first 4 years (the same as Robert Meachem got). He has a very cuttable $3.3M in dead money when his contract jumps to $8.2M in 2016.

I think Brown's contract is deceptive since he's earning $6.5M/year the first 4 years (the same as Robert Meachem got). He has a very cuttable $3.3M in dead money when his contract jumps to $8.2M in 2016.
Good point, but I think that applies to most NFL deals these days - being deceptive. It's looks bad compared to Meachem, great compared to Cruz/Welker.

12 team 25 man rosters.

PPR, all TD=6

qb, 2rb, 2wr, te, flex (rb,we,te), d/st, k

Elaine gives Mike Wallace, J. Stewart, and DeAngelo Williams, 2014 3rd round rookie pick

Jerry gives DeAndre Hopkins and 2014 1st and 2nd rd rookie picks

Before trade, Kramer's RB's are: BJGE, Gore, Hillis, D. Carter and his WR's are: Mike Williams, Hopkins, Miles Austin, S. Rice, Joe Morgan, A. Robinson, James Jones, Doug Baldwin, J. Kerley, Josh Morgan, A. Boldin, L. Brazil, M. Sanu, and J. Simpson.

Elaine before trade rb's - Foster, T. Richardson, J. Charles, LeVeon Bell, J. Stewart, D. Williams, D. Lewis, C. Wood, D. Johnson and her WR's are: AJ Green, Demaryius Thomas, Wallace, R. Broyles, Anotnio Brown, Josh Gordon, Steve Smith, S. Holmes, Justin Hunter, Stedman Bailey, AJ Jenkins, A. Dobson,

FFPC

Code:
     Sam Bradford (STL)
Code:
     A.J. Jenkins (SFO)
Code:
     Ryan Broyles (DET)
Code:
For
Code:
     Marques Colston (NOR)
Code:
     Joe Flacco (BAL)

10 team 20 man roster 1 QB 2 RB 3 WR 1 TE 1K 1 DEF

Gave Andre Johnson, Denarius More, 2013 Rookie 4.6 and 5.6

Got

Lamar Miller, Josh Gordon, Justin Blackmon, 2013 Rookie 4.8 and 5.8

I figured my team would at best barely make playoffs, so decided to see what i could get for Andre. I like this trade for me.

I also think this trade locks up the league for the other guy. He now has A Rodgers, A Peterson, J Charles, D Thomas, A Johnson, R Wayne, J Finley as his starting lineup.

Got

I figured my team would at best barely make playoffs, so decided to see what i could get for Andre. I like this trade for me.

I also think this trade locks up the league for the other guy. He now has A Rodgers, A Peterson, J Charles, D Thomas, A Johnson, R Wayne, J Finley as his starting lineup.
Rip city

Got

Rip city
Uh oh, I might have to update my sig again

Got

Rip city
Uh oh, I might have to update my sig again
I still think the 2QB Drew Brees one was the worst. This one is not really on the same level as that or the AJ Green one, but still bad nonetheless.

I still think the 2QB Drew Brees one was the worst. This one is not really on the same level as that or the AJ Green one, but still bad nonetheless.
This one is worse than the Brees deal IMO, but not as bad as the Green deal....................although of all the trades this one will likely be the most lopsided of all of them one year from now, and it wont be close.

Doesn't really matter now, but even if you replaced Jermaine Gresham with Jimmy Graham making it Graham/Antonio/Randle that still wouldn't be enough to land AJ Green in 98% of the dynasty leagues in existence (unless it was a league heavily weighted towards TEs). Heck, even Jimmy Graham/DeMarco Murray/Antonio Brown may not be enough for some AJG owners

Nobody is saying you're in the wrong or personally attacking/insulting you (it was an absolutly HORRIBLE trade, but good for you)... just quit trying to defend the other side of this deal as if it wasn't THAT bad or just a personal preference trade. It WAS that bad, we all know it/you know it... so lets just drop it and carry on with other trades before we end up dedicating a full page worth of posts to this thing.

At the risk of being ridiculous, let me try to refocus a thread that's 140 pages old (!)

The thread is about content of trades and to some extent, their context. It is not an in-depth analysis of worst trades, dramatic and boredom-relieving as they may be in this mid-July lull. Remember, from the other side of the fence, the deal is likely considered a best trade.

Uneven trades not only happen, they are commonplace. You're in one league for one year, you've seen a lop-sided deal that changed someone's fortunes.

If you think a deal is a stinker, say so...and move on, I would suggest. The thread is about assessing current value, not rolling a bad deal through the mud. By the time three guys finish throwing dirt, I'm more bored than I was before.

Next trade, I say.

Last edited by a moderator:
12 team PPR (1.5 PPR for TE) FFPC dynasty:

Have seen a couple startup trades. Draft as not started yet

pick 24/25

for

picks 1/71

And I have seen a couple where a team moves from either pick 1 or pick 3 down to about pick 8 and picks up a 2014 1st rounder. Since they are targeting a WR this is a no brainer move IMO getting either Green, Julio, or even Dez if the other 2 are gone. Hell one completed draft Calvin went pick 8.

FFPC

Sam Bradford (STL)
Code:
     A.J. Jenkins (SFO)
Code:
     Ryan Broyles (DET)
Code:
For
Code:
     Marques Colston (NOR)
Code:
     Joe Flacco (BAL)
Flacco and Bradford are a wash so it boils down to the young WRs for Colston. Guess it depends on where you're at in terms of rebuilding vs. win-now, but I'd prefer the Colston side. Guess it would also depend on the contract lengths.

12 team PPR

Gave:

Antonio Brown

Fred Davis

Got:

Tyler Eifert

Jermaine Gresham
Gresham and Davis are a wash so looking at Brown for Eifert. If you're stacked at WR and needed a better TE, then good trade for you.
Thanks. Yeah, this is a rebuild that's almost complete, I'm pretty set at WR long-term:

Cruz, Gordon, Crabtree, Patterson, J. Baldwin, Harper, Streater.

I'm hoping this is the most affordable Eifert is for a long time.

12 team ppr start 1/1/1/1 and 4 flexes

53mil cap

SJax 4.75

Austin 2.1

Givens 1

2014 1st

For

Hopkins 3

Bernard 2.75

LaFell 625,000

2014 2nd

12 team 25 man rosters.

PPR, all TD=6

qb, 2rb, 2wr, te, flex (rb,we,te), d/st, k

Elaine gives Mike Wallace, J. Stewart, and DeAngelo Williams, 2014 3rd round rookie pick

Jerry gives DeAndre Hopkins and 2014 1st and 2nd rd rookie picks

Before trade, Kramer's RB's are: BJGE, Gore, Hillis, D. Carter and his WR's are: Mike Williams, Hopkins, Miles Austin, S. Rice, Joe Morgan, A. Robinson, James Jones, Doug Baldwin, J. Kerley, Josh Morgan, A. Boldin, L. Brazil, M. Sanu, and J. Simpson.

Elaine before trade rb's - Foster, T. Richardson, J. Charles, LeVeon Bell, J. Stewart, D. Williams, D. Lewis, C. Wood, D. Johnson and her WR's are: AJ Green, Demaryius Thomas, Wallace, R. Broyles, Anotnio Brown, Josh Gordon, Steve Smith, S. Holmes, Justin Hunter, Stedman Bailey, AJ Jenkins, A. Dobson,
I like Hopkins/picks side, but trade emay help Wallace/RB side short term only. His RBs are awful.

FFPC

Sam Bradford (STL)
Code:
     A.J. Jenkins (SFO)
Code:
     Ryan Broyles (DET)
Code:
For
Code:
     Marques Colston (NOR)
Code:
     Joe Flacco (BAL)
I like the Bradford side
I am not sure everyone understands FFPC rules. 20 man roster max during year and cut down to 14 position players every Feb so guys like AJ Jenkins and Broyles may not even be rosterable from year to year or even during the year while we do know Colston will still have a few nice years left.

Curious about your thoughts on the following:

League background: 10 year old 12 team high performance scoring dynasty league with 19 active roster spots and 8 taxi/dev spots for 1-3 yr players. 6 pts all tds, longer plays for significantly more points, 1 pt ppr, high scoring defense and kicking. 6 round rookie draft every year and RFA auction every summer so contracts have significant value and league cash used to buy picks/players.

New team owner is in rebuild mode and makes the following trade:

He gives up: Cam Newton (4 yr contract) and 5th round rookie draft pick (he also has Josh Freeman on 4 yr contract)

He gets: Ryan Tannehill (taxi so can promote and award any contract he wants) and Kyle Rudolph (nice 4 yr contract)

Curious about your thoughts on the following:

League background: 10 year old high performance scoring dynasty league with 19 active roster spots and 8 taxi/dev spots for 1-3 yr players. 6 pts all tds, longer plays for significantly more points, 1 pt ppr, high scoring defense and kicking. 6 round rookie draft every year and RFA auction every summer so contracts have significant value and league cash used to buy picks/players.

New team owner is in rebuild mode and makes the following trade:

He gives up: Cam Newton (4 yr contract) and 5th round rookie draft pick (he also has Josh Freeman on 4 yr contract)

He gets: Ryan Tannehill (taxi so can promote and award any contract he wants) and Kyle Rudolph (nice 4 yr contract)
Looks like an awful move to me. Cam on a 4 year contract is an elite asset. Tannehill and Rudolph are both question marks, still. Rudolph needs to prove that he's not just another Marcedes Lewis. I think he is being greatly overvalued (especially in PPR formats) due to his high TD production. Can we relay on that to continue?

Gave Steve Smith + Danny Woodhead got Greg Little, Daniel Thomas 2014 1st (mid round likely)
I like deal for you. It's not easy to get solid value for Smith right now, but you were able to. I don't have high hopes for Little or Thomas, but this time next year the trade will look lopsided in your favor - picking in the middle of a promising 1st roudn.

12 team PPR

QB, RB, 3WR, RB/WR, TE

Gave: Cook and 3.6

Got: 2.2

FWIW, I still have Gonzo, Sleepy, and Housler at TE. The other guy just cut Hernandez.

Users who are viewing this thread