What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2013 Off Season Dynasty Trade Thread (for completed trades) (1 Viewer)

He was the 6th highest in PPR due to touches, he was force fed the ball. Remember Matt Forte in his early years in Chicago?
Have you looked at Forte's YPC lately? Emmitt had a 3.7 season, Tomlinson had a 3.6 season, Edge had a 3.4 season, Thurman had a few 3.7-3.8 seasons, Ricky Watters had a few...YPC is pointless without context.
I didn't say it's the tell all, but I also don't think it should be disregarded. He didn't play well last season, but FF owners aren't taking a passing glance. Meanwhile Alfred Morris and Doug Martin were MUCH more efficient.

Name another recent RB who started his career in such a way 3.6 or worse, but evolved into a stud.
LaDainian Tomlinson.
Yes I quoted you, please name another. Emmitt Smith's 5th season in the league, Edge's first season after an ACL, Watters started at 4.9/4.6, Thurman Thomas dipped below 4.2 for the first time in year 6. These aren't correlations. The only comparison is LT. Should we give every single rookie RB that averages 3.6 a pass because he had a HOF career? No

Sometimes you should just put the numbers away and watch.

There's a reason Trent is a pretty overwhelming consensus elite player.

Yes I quoted you, please name another. Emmitt Smith's 5th season in the league, Edge's first season after an ACL, Watters started at 4.9/4.6, Thurman Thomas dipped below 4.2 for the first time in year 6. These aren't correlations. The only comparison is LT. Should we give every single rookie RB that averages 3.6 a pass because he had a HOF career? No
Does Walter Peyton count, or is that too far back? Ricky Williams? The Bus was 3.2/3.5 in his 2nd and 3rd seasons.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does Walter Peyton count, or is that too far back?
Haha, what a great player/person.I think at this point we should stop/move it to another thread. I think LT/Payton/etc are outliers and it's a concern many aren't talking about. Continue with the trades

Team A Gave - Greg Little, 2.06, 2014 1stTeam B Gave - Jonathan Stewart, 2014 2nd
Depends where the 2014 first ends up?
It could vary. I was the team that received Stewart, and I'm in the midst of a rebuild...but I think I'm ready to compete this season. I needed RB depth pretty badly. It's a PPR and I have the following...QB - Aaron RodgersRB - Lesean McCoy, Jonathan Stewart, Jacquizz Rodgers, Ronnie Hillman, Isiah Pead, Marcel ReeceWR - Randall Cobb, Josh Gordon, Cecil Shorts, Danario Alexander, Danny Amendola, Santonio Holmes, Brian Quick, Brandon Lafell, Ryan BroylesTE - Aaron Hernandez, Greg Little

Team a gets Jonathon Baldwin/ 2013 rookie pick 1.7Team b gets Kendall Wright
Baldwin + pick
Crazy how many Wright for 1st trades there are. Seems pretty fair, but I would take the pick.
I have seen nothing to indicate that Wright is going to be a better pro or ff player than Baldwin (or the other way), so the pick would make it an easy choice.
As to the other way, less catches in 2 years than Wright in 1, 41% catch rate, bottom of the league in VOA. Baldwin is a flier throw in and doesn't tip the balance substantially. I agree with questioning Wright's upside in fantasy but comparing him to Baldwin as a pro is extreme.

Baldwin + pick
Crazy how many Wright for 1st trades there are. Seems pretty fair, but I would take the pick.
I have seen nothing to indicate that Wright is going to be a better pro or ff player than Baldwin (or the other way), so the pick would make it an easy choice.
Have to disagree with you there. Wright as a rookie had 64 catches and looks to be a PPR gem, while the WR on the other side, Britt, is a head case and a FA in 2014, and with all his BS and injuries is likely gone from TEN at that point. And the pass catching TE is probably gone this year. Wright's future looks VERY bright all things considered.Baldwin has looked like an unmotivated bust most of his early career, and the WR on the other side, Bowe, just signed a new 5 yr contract insuring he'll be the go to #1 in KC for the foreseeable future. I don't see much of anything to be excited about with Baldwin. Just a guy.

Baldwin + pick
Have to disagree with you there. Wright as a rookie had 64 catches and looks to be a PPR gem, while the WR on the other side, Britt, is a head case and a FA in 2014, and with all his BS and injuries is likely gone from TEN at that point. And the pass catching TE is probably gone this year. Wright's future looks VERY bright all things considered.Baldwin has looked like an unmotivated bust most of his early career, and the WR on the other side, Bowe, just signed a new 5 yr contract insuring he'll be the go to #1 in KC for the foreseeable future. I don't see much of anything to be excited about with Baldwin. Just a guy.
Not too invested in this debate (actually own wright in more leagues than baldwin), but Wright was barely over 600 yeards and does not exactly have this dynamic offense with a consistent QB either. His fantasy numbers were close to guys like Nate Washington and Brandon Gibson who are on WW. Yes, he is young, but so is that mid 1st roundpick and that dart throw Baldwin. Baldwin is a better bet most team's eight Wr and and Wright is probably the same kinda of bet as T. austin or hunter or whatever Wr someobody might draft at 1.07.

'coolnerd said:
'Bruce Hammond said:
'coolnerd said:
'thriftyrocker said:
'tdmills said:
'One More Rep said:
Baldwin + pick
Not too invested in this debate (actually own wright in more leagues than baldwin), but Wright was barely over 600 yeards and does not exactly have this dynamic offense with a consistent QB either. His fantasy numbers were close to guys like Nate Washington and Brandon Gibson who are on WW. Yes, he is young, but so is that mid 1st roundpick and that dart throw Baldwin. Baldwin is a better bet most team's eight Wr and and Wright is probably the same kinda of bet as T. austin or hunter or whatever Wr someobody might draft at 1.07.
I totally disagree in the way you're evaluating Wright, but disagreement makes the world go round. I think he's going to be one of the more dynamic WRs around. Time will tell.

12 team ppr: QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, TE, FL

Team F traded

Wilson, David RB NYG

to Team R for

Harvin, Percy WR MIN and Rudolph, Kyle TE MIN and Bush, Reggie RB MIA

12 team ppr: QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, TE, FLTeam F traded Wilson, David RB NYG to Team R for Harvin, Percy WR MIN and Rudolph, Kyle TE MIN and Bush, Reggie RB MIA
The Wilson hype is officially out of control. Harvin side for me.
I'm Team F and as much as I like Wilson, I couldn't pass up this much value. He offered Harvin and Bush - when I hesitated (just to think it over) - he added Rudolph which probably wasn't even necessary.

12 team ppr: QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, TE, FLTeam F traded Wilson, David RB NYG to Team R for Harvin, Percy WR MIN and Rudolph, Kyle TE MIN and Bush, Reggie RB MIA
Yup. How does a guy's stock shoot up so much after riding the pine for the large part of 17 weeks? His owners have CJ Spiller to thank for his increase in value.

'Matt said:
Dynasty PPRNot involved in the tradeTeam A gets1.2 and Vincent Brown (SD)Team B getsAndre Johnson
Depends on the team makeup I guess, but I think Andre is worth more than 1.2. Personally not much of a Brown fan, a lot of hype but no production to back it up. Andre side for me

'Matt said:
Dynasty PPRNot involved in the tradeTeam A gets1.2 and Vincent Brown (SD)Team B getsAndre Johnson
Depends on the team makeup I guess, but I think Andre is worth more than 1.2. Personally not much of a Brown fan, a lot of hype but no production to back it up. Andre side for me
Someone else said it best, but I can't find the post. Andre is one of those guys who's value is more than his trade value. Like Fitz. I think they're both WORTH more, but no one will pay it. They see them as "aging wrs" and are hesitant to give up anything for them. I prefer Andre over the 1.2. But if I'm not contending, or anywhere close to it. I can see why they'd take a shot on Patterson/Allen + Brown.

Yup. How does a guy's stock shoot up so much after riding the pine for the large part of 17 weeks? His owners have CJ Spiller to thank for his increase in value.
I wish I owned Wilson so I could trade him. Crazy.

:goodposting: I'd prefer Harvin over Wilson straight up.
I wouldn't straight up. Harvin/Rudolph/Bush is probably more than you have to pay in most leagues for Wilson, but top 5 dynasty RBs come at a premium so I don’t think this is crazy for the acquiring owner. This may look like a bargain by the end of next year.

I wouldn't straight up. Harvin/Rudolph/Bush is probably more than you have to pay in most leagues for Wilson, but top 5 dynasty RBs come at a premium so I don’t think this is crazy for the acquiring owner. This may look like a bargain by the end of next year.
Wilson isn't close to a top 5 dynasty RB right now.

Harvin over Wilson in virtually any format. Holy hype train.

:goodposting:

I wouldn't straight up.

Harvin/Rudolph/Bush is probably more than you have to pay in most leagues for Wilson, but top 5 dynasty RBs come at a premium so I don’t think this is crazy for the acquiring owner. This may look like a bargain by the end of next year.
The hype on this guy is wild. Where were these claims a year ago? He had 75 touches last year, and only got run due to injuries.

I wouldn't call Wilson top 5 RB but I also wouldn't fault a guy for going after a player he has faith in that could be a top 5 type. Time will tell as we all know.

Harvin over Wilson in virtually any format. Holy hype train.
I thought i was a huge Wilson fan but the hype on him is insane.

I wouldn't straight up.

Harvin/Rudolph/Bush is probably more than you have to pay in most leagues for Wilson, but top 5 dynasty RBs come at a premium so I don’t think this is crazy for the acquiring owner. This may look like a bargain by the end of next year.
The hype on this guy is wild. Where were these claims a year ago? He had 75 touches last year, and only got run due to injuries.
They weren't vocalized since it was easier to buy without the discussion. Some people need to make the ranking AFTER the numbers are put up. Some don't.

Still have Wilson in a couple of leagues, but holy schnikes, he is not at Top 5 dynasty RB.

Are we expecting 300 rushing attemps and 50+ catches every year like Tiki? Only 5 RBs hit 300 carries last year... and only 50 RBs had 50+ catches.

just saying to tap the breaks a little bit. Harvin>Wilson in standard and >>Wilson in PPR

They weren't vocalized since it was easier to buy without the discussion. Some people need to make the ranking AFTER the numbers are put up. Some don't.
This forum is full of folks sharing rankings/opinions despite their potential future acquisitions. Find it hard to believe that Wilson is the one guy everyone decided to keep quiet about. And most had Richardson as top 5 before he played a down, including myself. So I don't think it's just numbers we're looking for.

Users who are viewing this thread