What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

$15,000 Subscriber Contest (1 Viewer)

The biggest thing I've noticed so far is the lack of love for the Big 3 TEs.Only about 1 in 6 lineups include one of them...I'm sure Dodds will be posting a roundup of the rosters soon.

The biggest thing I've noticed so far is the lack of love for the Big 3 TEs.Only about 1 in 6 lineups include one of them...I'm sure Dodds will be posting a roundup of the rosters soon.
I think Alge Crumpler has something to do with that....

I will say that I don't have any of the "big 3" or Crumpler in my lineup.

Well, you're _clearly_ not going to win then. :P

Well, you're _clearly_ not going to win then. :P
We'll see if the deciding factor is having one of the "Big 3" TE's or not. It is after all ONE position, in which the best of two scores count. I don't think it will make much of a difference.

As good as he may or may not be, he's NOT going to catch 65 balls.The Big 3 will.
Really?Only 2 of the big 3 caught 65 last year, and there are questions surrounding each of them this year (Shockey-rib, Heap-rookie QB, Gonzo-ankle injury).I don't think any of them are a lock to catch 65 passes.Maybe Shockey.....

QB 17RB 123WR 44TE 5K 4D 7Went with rook's and 2nd at WR and used $ to get elite RB's. QB's are in good systems and may help make up ground for top 5 QB's. If WR's have break-out years (yes, I know) then who knows. Seemed like taking chances was best bet. Good luck.

QB 17RB 123WR 44TE 5K 4D 7Went with rook's and 2nd at WR and used $ to get elite RB's. QB's are in good systems and may help make up ground for top 5 QB's. If WR's have break-out years (yes, I know) then who knows. Seemed like taking chances was best bet. Good luck.
Taking chances? It appears you loaded up on top RB's, went for bargains at the QB position, and spent very little on WR's with upside.I'd say that's the prevailing theory on this board.Taking chances = skimping at RB and going with big WRs.

here's my crew....i feel pretty good about them:QB $13RB $99WR $65TE $6PK $6DEF $11--------------- $200$15,000, here I come!!!

Might as well make use of that new deadline. Final lineup:QB - 35RB - 101WR - 46TE - 6PK - 4DST - 8

Residents of Arizona, Florida, Maryland, Montana, North Dakota, Puerto Rico, Vermont, and the province of Quebec may play and have their places noted in the standings, but are not eligible to win any prizes.
What happens if I enter (from FL) and I win........what happens to the $15,000 then?(p.s.-I'm not even going to bother entering.....waste of time for me and I don't want to get everyone else mad at me if I were to win it all and reduce YOUR chances at the 15k)

QB: 30RB: 82WR: 62TE: 11K: 5DEF: 9Interesting Mix I suppose..... went very risky since most people will be picking MOSTLY the same players here....to win I've gotta be a lil different.....

I may be the first with this much disparity.QB = $23RB = $142WR = $20 :eek: TE = $6K = $4DT = $5It's all about the sleepers baby! :excited:

QB 28RB 90WR 60TE 6K 7D 9The roster requirements are really tight, and with the survivor format, you have to figure out where you're willing to take weak scoring if things don't work out, and where you need big points each week. I was willing to take weaker scoring than many others of you at TE and WR2 to get bigger points at QB, RB and WR3.

Highest salaries posted on this thread by position:Elway Lives - QB - 41blue bombers - RB - 159land rush 101 - WR - 121nimsowner - TE - 28many tied at - PK - 9moodyboy/leo2228 - DT - 16

Last edited by a moderator:
QB $16RB $116WR $52TE $5K $7D $4$200some sleepers, some solid vets, a few reaches, but I expect to make the field of 64

Highest salaries posted on this thread by position:shmagu - QB - 44blue bombers - RB - 159land rush 101 - WR - 121nimsowner - TE - 28many tied at - PK - 9moodyboy/leo2228 - DT - 16
My QB situation has since changed to 35. Sheep disclaimer:I'm not disrespecting or criticizing you in any way. I'm just pointing out that my lineup has changed.

Highest salaries posted on this thread by position:shmagu - QB - 44blue bombers - RB - 159land rush 101 - WR - 121nimsowner - TE - 28many tied at - PK - 9moodyboy/leo2228 - DT - 16
My QB situation has since changed to 35. Sheep disclaimer:I'm not disrespecting or criticizing you in any way. I'm just pointing out that my lineup has changed.
I can't believe the information in your post was outdated. I expected it to be updated immediately.

It'll be fun to watch how all the RB-heavy do on this. Personally, I think the RBs were extremely overpriced. Here's my tally:

QB 21

RB 32

WR 103

TE 24

PK 7

DEF 13

It'll be fun to watch how all the RB-heavy do on this. Personally, I think the RBs were extremely overpriced. Here's my tally:

QB 21

RB 32

WR 103

TE 24

PK 7

DEF 13
The problem with WRs is that for the most part they are not as consistant as RBs. Under this format you can be eliminated after a week or two although your WR might have a kick ### season. The same thing goes for sleepers. You need to have enough players that are going to produce week 1.

QB: 10RB: 111WR: 53TE: 6K: 9DEF: 10I think there were some great bargains out there. My initial team was at 118 pts before upgrading the RBs, and I felt pretty good about it then.Cheers :banned:

Users who are viewing this thread