What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

14 team league -- starting lineups? (1 Viewer)

Craig_MiamiFL

Footballguy
Any other 14 team league managers?

Our local league is going from 12 teams to 14 this year & we're debating starting lineups.

Proposal for 14 team league settings: (Our league is 6 per TD/1 PPR)

1 QB

1 RB

2 WR

1 TE

1 QB/RB/WR/TE

1 RB/WR/TE

1 K

1 Def/ST

With 14 teams, bye weeks can cause hassles, so a few of us got together and came up with the above. Gives everyone flexibility along with everyone having different strategies. I curious to see how other 14 team leagues handle starting lineups. Thanks for your assistance

The 14 team league I'm in starts:

1 QB

1 RB

3 WR/TE

1 RB/WR/TE

1 PK

1 D/ST

Roster size = 14 players

Scoring = 4 TDPass, 6 TD, 1 per 25 rush, 1 per 25 rec, and 1 per 50 pass.

Overall, I like it.

The only negative is that the elite TEs are roughly the same as second tier WRs since you're not required to start a TE. That doesn't really make a big difference to me, but I can see other leagues/owners wanting a TE.

I suppose you could dedicate a lineup spot to TE and allow one or two weeks where a team can opt out and start a WR instead, but that's just more overhead to track that stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
14 team IDP KEEPER

THIS YEAR:

1 QB

1 RB

1 WR

1 TE

3 OFF FLEX (RB,WR,TE)

1 K

3 DEF FLEX

NEXT YEAR:

1 QB

1 RB

2 WR

1 TE

2 OFF FLEX (RB,WR,TE)

1 K

3 DEF FLEX

I'm in a league with the following lineup--

1 QB

2 RB

2 WR

1 TE

1 RB/WR/TE

1 PK

1 DL

1 LB

1 DB

standard scoring, non-ppr

It's heavily weighted towards RB's, but I like the format. Mabey because I'm so used to it. I'm open to change, but the only thing I would refuse is having 2 QB's or a QB flex. To me, with a league of 14 or more, starting more than 1 QB increases the luck factor - if one of you're QB's goes down you're basically done as other owners would have a big advantage.

Any other 14 team league managers?Our local league is going from 12 teams to 14 this year & we're debating starting lineups.Proposal for 14 team league settings: (Our league is 6 per TD/1 PPR)1 QB1 RB2 WR1 TE1 QB/RB/WR/TE1 RB/WR/TE1 K1 Def/STWith 14 teams, bye weeks can cause hassles, so a few of us got together and came up with the above. Gives everyone flexibility along with everyone having different strategies. I curious to see how other 14 team leagues handle starting lineups. Thanks for your assistance
That starting lineup is pretty interestingdo you see guys go with a 2nd QB much earlier than normal in your drafts? I mean I think there might not be a pressing need to go 3rd RB with QBs being available later

14 Team Redraft PPR (1pt) 6pt rush/rec TD, 4pt QB pass TD

14 man roster

1 QB

2 RB's

2 WR's

1 TE

1 Def

1 K

1 Flex~QB or WR or RB

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread