What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

100 career sacks? (1 Viewer)

thatguy

Footballguy
I can't think of any active players who have hit this milestone. The first one who I considered was Freeney, but he is at 97, which means he will likely reach 100 by season's end. Allen is currently at 94.5, and should reach it as well given the torrid pace he is on. Ware is at 90.5 (with a half still to play in tonight's game) and has an outside shot at reaching the milestone this season--if he continues the pace he is on this season, he'll get there, but that's a pretty tall order. Peppers is at 93.5 and could very likely get there this season as well.

I just found it interesting that all 4 of the premier pass rushers of the past decade are right on the verge of reaching the 100 sack milestone this season--it would really be something if all 4 of those guys hit the mark this season, and it's certainly possible.

Is there anyone that I'm missing who is within 10 or so? Or anyone I'm missing who is already over 100?

ETA: Ware now with 92.5 after 2 more second half sacks. Looking more and more like he will likely eclipse 100 by season's end. I actually think, barring injury to any of them,the odds are pretty good all 4 get there by season's end, which would be pretty incredible.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't think of any active players who have hit this milestone. The first one who I considered was Freeney, but he is at 97, which means he will likely reach 100 by season's end. Allen is currently at 94.5, and should reach it as well given the torrid pace he is on. Ware is at 90.5 (with a half still to play in tonight's game) and has an outside shot at reaching the milestone this season--if he continues the pace he is on this season, he'll get there, but that's a pretty tall order. Peppers is at 93.5 and could very likely get there this season as well. I just found it interesting that all 4 of the premier pass rushers of the past decade are right on the verge of reaching the 100 sack milestone this season--it would really be something if all 4 of those guys hit the mark this season, and it's certainly possible. Is there anyone that I'm missing who is within 10 or so? Or anyone I'm missing who is already over 100?
Jason Taylor and John Abraham are over 100 and Joey Porter is sitting at 98 and may not reach it

I can't think of any active players who have hit this milestone. The first one who I considered was Freeney, but he is at 97, which means he will likely reach 100 by season's end. Allen is currently at 94.5, and should reach it as well given the torrid pace he is on. Ware is at 90.5 (with a half still to play in tonight's game) and has an outside shot at reaching the milestone this season--if he continues the pace he is on this season, he'll get there, but that's a pretty tall order. Peppers is at 93.5 and could very likely get there this season as well. I just found it interesting that all 4 of the premier pass rushers of the past decade are right on the verge of reaching the 100 sack milestone this season--it would really be something if all 4 of those guys hit the mark this season, and it's certainly possible. Is there anyone that I'm missing who is within 10 or so? Or anyone I'm missing who is already over 100?
Jason Taylor and John Abraham are over 100 and Joey Porter is sitting at 98 and may not reach it
Ah, thanks, completely blanked on those 3. I sometimes forget that Taylor is even still around.

'ninerfanatic492000 said:
'thatguy said:
Trevor Price is also within ten sacks (91). I know he isn't currently active, but heard he had a workout for some team a couple of weeks ago.

I was surprised Osi was at 66 and moreso Vandenbosch at just 51. Was thinking Bosch near and Osi at 80. Also surprised to know Mario WIlliams already passed KVB.

Update:

Allen - 96.5

Freeney - 98.5

Ware - 93.0

Peppers - 95.0

Porter - 98.0

Note: Numbers taken from pro-football-reference.com. The number from FBG differ in some cases from those at PFR, but I trust PFR more.

I was surprised Osi was at 66 and moreso Vandenbosch at just 51. Was thinking Bosch near and Osi at 80. Also surprised to know Mario WIlliams already passed KVB.
Dumervil is at 46.5, just 6.5 short of Mario despite missing all of last season. I bring this up because they are both from the 2006 draft class. Dumervil has averaged .67 sacks/game over his career, Mario .65. Mario was drafted first overall, Dumervil 126th overall. Dumervil has 1 1st Team All-Pro season, Willians 0. Just sayin'.

Dumervil is at 46.5, just 6.5 short of Mario despite missing all of last season. I bring this up because they are both from the 2006 draft class. Dumervil has averaged .67 sacks/game over his career, Mario .65. Mario was drafted first overall, Dumervil 126th overall. Dumervil has 1 1st Team All-Pro season, Willians 0. Just sayin'.
Interesting point.I have never found Mario to be consistent. I don't recall who their DL coach was, but they spent plenty of picks on the DL and had some awesome young talent. A top paid "name" DL coach was almost mandatory and they missed the boat. Houston should probably have the top DL in football now if everyone's predraft hopes were all accurate.I don't think Dumervil was possible back then. I mean that was the most scrutinized draft pick I can recall in quite some time. It did not come across like there were hundreds of choices (as there was) but instead like it was two or three possible guys the Texans could take. Even if Dumervil passes Mario, given the circumstances, I still think Mario over Bush was a great call. I'm not one to use that line but it was a shark move that few GMs would have taken. This is probably the first year there wasn't a thread on that pick in the shark pool or an article about it to be found on the web. It was a super unique pick.

Update:

Allen - 96.5 100.5 He made it! Beast!

Freeney - 98.5 101.5 Made it

Ware - 93.0 95 Outside chance at getting there with 5 in the final 3 games--but he can rack 'em up in a hurry

Peppers - 95.0 98 Has a good shot at reaching the milestone--needs just 2 in 3 games

Porter - 98.0 98 still, hasn't played in the last 7 weeks--unlikely to get there

Note: Numbers taken from pro-football-reference.com. The number from FBG differ in some cases from those at PFR, but I trust PFR more.
Update. New Numbers in previous post.

Interesting point.I have never found Mario to be consistent. I don't recall who their DL coach was, but they spent plenty of picks on the DL and had some awesome young talent. A top paid "name" DL coach was almost mandatory and they missed the boat. Houston should probably have the top DL in football now if everyone's predraft hopes were all accurate.I don't think Dumervil was possible back then. I mean that was the most scrutinized draft pick I can recall in quite some time. It did not come across like there were hundreds of choices (as there was) but instead like it was two or three possible guys the Texans could take. Even if Dumervil passes Mario, given the circumstances, I still think Mario over Bush was a great call. I'm not one to use that line but it was a shark move that few GMs would have taken. This is probably the first year there wasn't a thread on that pick in the shark pool or an article about it to be found on the web. It was a super unique pick.
Oh, I agree. I think Mario over Bush was the right call. He can be an absolute beast, but like you said, he is very inconsistent. I wasn't suggesting they should have taken Elvis 1st overall--in fact, I think a lot of draft analysts considered Dumervil a reach in the 4th round. Was just pointing out how beastly he has been. And now that he's healthy, he's back to beast mode--now at 50.5 sacks.

'Kirby said:
Abraham jumped up to 16th all time last night... sitting at 111.
He was amazing last night... Where has that version of John Abraham been all season? Or was it just a matter of going up against a rookie QB with terrible pocket presence and awareness?He was too good in fact, as his impact was a big reason Ryan and Turner were pulled as early as they were, and I really could have used a few more points from each in my first round playoff matchup (especially since my opponent has Roddy)... Okay, end hijack, since I know ya'll don't care.

'thatguy said:
Update:

Allen - 96.5 100.5 He made it! Beast!

Freeney - 98.5 101.5 Made it

Ware - 93.0 95 Outside chance at getting there with 5 in the final 3 games--but he can rack 'em up in a hurry

Peppers - 95.0 98 Has a good shot at reaching the milestone--needs just 2 in 3 games

Porter - 98.0 98 still, hasn't played in the last 7 weeks--unlikely to get there

Update. New Numbers in previous post.
So, back on topic... Let's say both Ware and Peppers reach the milestone by season's end--I can't imagine we've ever had a season where 4 players topped the 100 career sack mark. Is there any way to find out? If by some miraculous twist of fate Porter is able to play the final two weeks, and he too reaches the mark, that would be 5 in a season, which would be even more incredible.

Users who are viewing this thread