What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

🐴 *** 2023 Aniscule Thread *** 🇮🇹 Ha Vinto Il Cavallo Di Mio Cugina - ARCANGELO! 🇮🇹 🐴 (1 Viewer)

BETTIQUETTE 101

were out at the Jersey oater with 'capping buddy earlier today - he's a huge Churchill honk, so we concentrating on just betting said oval.

we get to the 4th race, up about $50 (we pool our monies on days like this), and 2 of the horses scratch, leaving it to be a scant 5 entries.

he is all over the #6, and wants to play a cold 6/2 exacta - i'm very lukewarm on the horse he loves, but he's blagging on about how the barn switch to Cox at Churchill (with Gaf up) is an angle he always looks for.

i much preferred the #7, who just won a 58k MC 6f sprint on this same track 3 weeks ago on Churchill's opening day - Walsh is also a steady barn here, and we got Luis up.

the favorite is the #2, at 2/1, the longest shot on the bored was the #3, at 3/1.

so i go up to the winderr to plunk big win bet on 6, and big cold exacta, 6/2 ... but i really want that effin' 7.

as i'm at the winderr, i notice one of the regulars is ahead of me ... i come out to this jernt a handful of times a year, and i always notice this chomper - he cashes more than most, and i had occasion to chat him up a few times as we were out smoking ... he's sharp.

i don't say anything, 'cuz he's in front of me, and i figured i'd wait until he finished plunking ... so i hear him say "Churchill, race 4, blahblah dollars to win on #7" - and that were all i needed.

i get up, and go in on the 7, basically ignoring what buddy and i agreed upon ... but, eff that, i had a sign from the chomper, and went with my gut.

race goes off ... and, yep, the 6 & 7 dart the eff outta there, pretty much a match race up front, with the 6 doing the heavier lifting :-)23/:46 splits, this were a 7f affair) ... 'capping buddy is all like "HA! told you this 6 was gonna wire 'em, now watch the 2 come pick up the exacta!"

at this point he doesn't know about the switcheroo i pulled ... but, hold on, the 6 starts to back up, and is TOTALLY outta gas ... the 7 inhales that mule, and wins by a solid 5+ lengths - with the 2 horse getting second - IT WORKED!

he's kinda bummed, and is NEVER the type to say "i shoulda listened to ya" ... never once has he acknowledged my call over his when mine wins. it are what it are.

i start walking to the winderr, as this 7 horse paid $9.84 to win, and the 7/2 coldie paid close to $16 on the dollar.

it were a f****** haul, i tell ya ... but he's furious with me, and refuses to take anything BUT his initial layout back - says i f***** him royally, and he doesn't want any part of the bullchit i just pulled.

he stormed right the eff out, never looked back ... we've known each other 40 yrs, and this was the biggest blowup we ever had ... i have not tried to contact him, and have zero desire to do so.

THANKS FOR LISTENING.

🐎💰🐎
I'd have thanked you and given you half

BETTIQUETTE 101

were out at the Jersey oater with 'capping buddy earlier today - he's a huge Churchill honk, so we concentrating on just betting said oval.

we get to the 4th race, up about $50 (we pool our monies on days like this), and 2 of the horses scratch, leaving it to be a scant 5 entries.

he is all over the #6, and wants to play a cold 6/2 exacta - i'm very lukewarm on the horse he loves, but he's blagging on about how the barn switch to Cox at Churchill (with Gaf up) is an angle he always looks for.

i much preferred the #7, who just won a 58k MC 6f sprint on this same track 3 weeks ago on Churchill's opening day - Walsh is also a steady barn here, and we got Luis up.

the favorite is the #2, at 2/1, the longest shot on the bored was the #3, at 3/1.

so i go up to the winderr to plunk big win bet on 6, and big cold exacta, 6/2 ... but i really want that effin' 7.

as i'm at the winderr, i notice one of the regulars is ahead of me ... i come out to this jernt a handful of times a year, and i always notice this chomper - he cashes more than most, and i had occasion to chat him up a few times as we were out smoking ... he's sharp.

i don't say anything, 'cuz he's in front of me, and i figured i'd wait until he finished plunking ... so i hear him say "Churchill, race 4, blahblah dollars to win on #7" - and that were all i needed.

i get up, and go in on the 7, basically ignoring what buddy and i agreed upon ... but, eff that, i had a sign from the chomper, and went with my gut.

race goes off ... and, yep, the 6 & 7 dart the eff outta there, pretty much a match race up front, with the 6 doing the heavier lifting :-)23/:46 splits, this were a 7f affair) ... 'capping buddy is all like "HA! told you this 6 was gonna wire 'em, now watch the 2 come pick up the exacta!"

at this point he doesn't know about the switcheroo i pulled ... but, hold on, the 6 starts to back up, and is TOTALLY outta gas ... the 7 inhales that mule, and wins by a solid 5+ lengths - with the 2 horse getting second - IT WORKED!

he's kinda bummed, and is NEVER the type to say "i shoulda listened to ya" ... never once has he acknowledged my call over his when mine wins. it are what it are.

i start walking to the winderr, as this 7 horse paid $9.84 to win, and the 7/2 coldie paid close to $16 on the dollar.

it were a f****** haul, i tell ya ... but he's furious with me, and refuses to take anything BUT his initial layout back - says i f***** him royally, and he doesn't want any part of the bullchit i just pulled.

he stormed right the eff out, never looked back ... we've known each other 40 yrs, and this was the biggest blowup we ever had ... i have not tried to contact him, and have zero desire to do so.

THANKS FOR LISTENING.

🐎💰🐎
I'd have thanked you and given you half

well, i got all of it, sans his half of the initial layout ... so i'll take that all day, every day, and a ton on Churchill Sunday.

they both went off at 7/2, and the exactor will pays with the #2 were similar - so his big issue were "YEAH, AND IF THE 6 HELD. YOU WOULDA F***** ME OUTTA A COUPLA GRAND! I'M OUT!"

so be it.

also Kingsbarns out of the Belmont with colic

makes sense, that were some sh***y Derby he ran ...

All my money on AoE

NT can run back to his Preak and pull the same kinda score ... if Bobbo chooses to aim Arabian Lion elsewhere, i just don't see any other horse who is gonna go with NT now with Kingy out.

if they run Reincarnate it will just be as NT's caddy ... that animal has no business going anything over 8f.

Hit Show is an interesting look for me - let's see how big (or small) this field are - looks like it could be double digits.

if they run Reincarnate it will just be as NT's caddy ... that animal has no business going anything over 8f.

... aaaaand he's OUT.

made zero sense to run him here, cat needs to dial back to sprint ranks, which i believe are his competitive limit, as i said. maybe one mile. tops.

it's a pace factor, though, but perhaps it means Bobbo is gonna run Arabian Lion ... dunno - i still don't think he saddles up here, either.

Last edited:
Castellano going to rude Arcangelo in the Belmont

@otb_lifer what do you know about Jena Antonucci? Name doesn’t ring a bell

capable gal.

she's itm roughly 30% ... nothing special about her, to my limited knowledge.

last Peter Pan winner who took Belmont were Tonalist, gotta be 10 yrs now, no?

not too interested in this one if the timbers saddle up

From drf today

Thus, a field of 10 is expected to be entered Tuesday when entries close and post positions are assigned for the 155th Belmont.

The field, with riders, is: Angel of Empire (Flavien Prat), Arcangelo (Javier Castellano), Forte (Irad Ortiz Jr.), Hit Show (Manny Franco), Il Miracolo (Marcos Meneses), National Treasure (John Velazquez), Raise Cain (Junior Alvarado), Red Route One (Joel Rosario), Tapit Shoes (Jose Ortiz), and Tapit Trice (Luis Saez).

From drf today

Thus, a field of 10 is expected to be entered Tuesday when entries close and post positions are assigned for the 155th Belmont.

The field, with riders, is: Angel of Empire (Flavien Prat), Arcangelo (Javier Castellano), Forte (Irad Ortiz Jr.), Hit Show (Manny Franco), Il Miracolo (Marcos Meneses), National Treasure (John Velazquez), Raise Cain (Junior Alvarado), Red Route One (Joel Rosario), Tapit Shoes (Jose Ortiz), and Tapit Trice (Luis Saez).
This should be a great race. I suspected it would be right after the derby. Hopefully, I can get a decent price on tapit trice

From drf today

Arabian Lion OUT, as expected - think he'll blaze in the Woody Stephen's Mile - the undercard is always a friggin' banger for punters.

anyways ... i still see nothing here that beats NT's last out - somebody gotta pressure him, but i highly doubt Bobbo/Johnny V are gonna abide a speed duel - they'll rate off if need be.

goodt field, tho ... horses will have nice prices, but that don't mean Jake if they can't hang - may try a coldie here on the ex/tri, then spread a coupla down to the supe.

From drf today

2 Tapit horses in the Belmont. 🐎🐎

From drf today

2 Tapit horses in the Belmont. 🐎🐎

ol' Tapit Shoes got eaten by RR1 in the Bath House at Oaklawn, tho ... if it were the Belmont distance RR1 woulda won by a coupla lengths - that baby were flyin' home.

as far as TT ... yes, much better spot than the Derby - once i saw he bagged the 5 hole i immediately took him outta win consideration, too much to do in that field.

his big shot here is if some fakarkte horse goes out sub :24, like in the Blue Grass ... Verifying rated behind the el cheapo 90/1 rabbit, then had it in the stretch 'til our boy ran it the eff down.

can't see that happening next week, tho i do believe TT will be more forwardly placed, as he were in the BG ... they know this is shaping up as a paceless affair, especially now with Arabian Lion shifted to Woody (made zero sense for Bobbo to saddle the only legit front end threat to NT).

TT needs to break clean, Saez needs to pick a friggin' lane, preferably moving him out to the mid part of the track where he loves to do his work - he broke from the 1 hole, but came home down the middle

(still love this goofy bastid checkin' out the grandstand and sizing up concessions while in a ding-dong heater 😅)

he's not fast enough early to rate on NT's arse, but if Luis can keep him within 3 lengths, and with a clear outside stalking path, i do believe he's a big threat for PLACE money - he will need to run a near perfect race to take it down, it's not out the question.

Last edited:
still love this goofy bastid checkin' out the grandstand and sizing up concessions while in a ding-dong heater 😅)
So fn awesome

:lol:

gonna be awfully hard for any stretch run to win me over like that did - kid did it for fun, never looked even a smidge bothered :lol: how could ya not love the big grey

🤍

Yes

Afleet Alex another crazy stretch run that sticks in my mind. Loved that damn horse

AA/Scrappy T cold exacta - 152.00 x $20 wager bagged me 1.5k, and the most gorgeous wrought iron yard set.

BANK!

then hit the Belmont super with AA, longshot Nolan's Cat spiced that up, it were a signer.

damn, i loved that horse. most underrated of this era - f*** Giacomo (and Ken Rudolph).

KID GOT OFF HIS KNEES, HOW DID THEY LEAVE SCRAPPY T UP?

still love this goofy bastid checkin' out the grandstand and sizing up concessions while in a ding-dong heater 😅)
So fn awesome

gonna be awfully hard for any stretch run to win me over like that did - kid did it for fun, never looked even a smidge bothered :lol: how could ya not love the big grey

🤍

Yes

Afleet Alex another crazy stretch run that sticks in my mind. Loved that damn horse

AA/Scrappy T cold exacta - 152.00 x $20 wager bagged me 1.5k, and the most gorgeous wrought iron yard set.

BANK!

then hit the Belmont super with AA, longshot Nolan's Cat spiced that up, it were a signer.

damn, i loved that horse. most underrated of this era - f*** Giacomo (and Ken Rudolph).

KID GOT OFF HIS KNEES, HOW DID THEY LEAVE SCRAPPY T UP?

:allmylove:

H.F.S.

in light of the numerous fatalities at Churchill, they are shutting the racing there and shifting it all to Ellis Park for the duration of the meet.

yuuuuuge, if not seismic

Pletcher facing three complaints of overmedicating horses in Florida. But sure, let's blame the track surface.

Pletcher facing three complaints of overmedicating horses in Florida. But sure, let's blame the track surface.

CDI would prolly love nothing more than to "Arlington Park" the TwinSpires, but there are no NFL team in Kentucky.

:tfp:

CDI would prolly love nothing more than to "Arlington Park" the TwinSpires, but there are no NFL team in Kentucky.

I love ya brother.

But I have no idea what this means.

I do have to close one eye to read it but ….

CDI (Churchill Downs, Inc) sold the Arlington Park plot, kit n' kaboodle, to the Chicago Bears - for a cool 200m.

so, now we lose two landmarks (Soldier Field, AP) ... but, hey, time and business march on.

CDI are in the profit biz, not the horse biz.

matter of time.

H.F.S.

in light of the numerous fatalities at Churchill, they are shutting the racing there and shifting it all to Ellis Park for the duration of the meet.

yuuuuuge, if not seismic

Whoa

I love ya brother.

But I have no idea what this means.

I do have to close one eye to read it but ….

CDI (Churchill Downs, Inc) sold the Arlington Park plot, kit n' kaboodle, to the Chicago Bears - for a cool 200m.

so, now we lose two landmarks (Soldier Field, AP) ... but, hey, time and business march on.

CDI are in the profit biz, not the horse biz.

matter of time.

And now the Bears are threatening and talking to other Chicago suburbs as Cook County put a huge increase in the tax assessment at AP

-QG

comin' in hot off the press ...

Churchill Downs Inc., which owned the 326-acre site of Arlington Park, sold the property to the Bears for $197.2 million in a deal that closed in February. CDI, however, still was on the hook for a tax bill, and it wanted the property valued at $37 million. Local school districts wanting their fair share called for a $150 million valuation. The two sides arrived at a $95 million compromise last month.

The problem now is that it was a one-year agreement, and after new assessments in the coming months, the whole issue will be revisited next spring. That is when the Bears would have to foot the tax bill.

The Bears also asked the Illinois state Legislature for a break on the tax bill, but reports last month said the prospects of getting one before the current session ends late this month were uncertain.

Any last-ditch hopes that the racetrack could be salvaged truly may have been dashed Wednesday, when the Bears began interior demolition of the once-pristine grandstand building that was opened in 1989, four years after a fire brought down the old one. The Bears have asked for a permit to level the exterior of the building, but Arlington Heights has not granted it yet.

meanwhile, back on track ...

really looking forward to the Met Mile next week - Cody's Wish headlines, two years removed from his first ever start at this same track (only time he ran here, 3rd in MSW).

they lining up some old friends to challenge: Taiba, White Abby (making his Dutrow barn debut), Doppelganger, Smile Happy, Dr. Schivel

but the big threat is gonna be Repo Rocks, 5 yr old G, who smoked 'em on this track in the Westchester 'Cap just last month (ol' buddy Zandy up in there).

RR has 9 career starts here, hitting the winner's circle 33% of the time - hung a sizzlin' 110 bsf up for that Westchester effort.

thought his better days were behind him, but that blazer last month is about as goodt as he's ever been - horse for course, and in optimal form - undefeated in 4 starts since switching to the Jamie Ness barn.

love it.

look, Cody are a legit beast, no question - and it's damn near blasphemous to root against him because of his great story ... but Big Sandy has claimed quite a few "favorite" pelts over the years.

Forte

ripped a crisp 59.6 5f blowout yesterday morn - certainly seems to be in fine quick of foot fettle.

... but, just like pre-Derby, he pulled up a tad at the end - bit of a hitch on the same lead that sidelined him last month.

so, once again, wouldn't be surprised if this cat sits this one out, too.

meanwhile, back on track ...

really looking forward to the Met Mile next week - Cody's Wish headlines, two years removed from his first ever start at this same track (only time he ran here, 3rd in MSW).

they lining up some old friends to challenge: Taiba, White Abby (making his Dutrow barn debut), Doppelganger, Smile Happy, Dr. Schivel

but the big threat is gonna be Repo Rocks, 5 yr old G, who smoked 'em on this track in the Westchester 'Cap just last month (ol' buddy Zandy up in there).

RR has 9 career starts here, hitting the winner's circle 33% of the time - hung a sizzlin' 110 bsf up for that Westchester effort.

thought his better days were behind him, but that blazer last month is about as goodt as he's ever been - horse for course, and in optimal form - undefeated in 4 starts since switching to the Jamie Ness barn.

love it.

look, Cody are a legit beast, no question - and it's damn near blasphemous to root against him because of his great story ... but Big Sandy has claimed quite a few "favorite" pelts over the years.

Taiba OUT.

i was actually tossing his disgraceful run last out in Dubai - chalk it up to the ship/surface, etc

thought he stood a goodt chance to board in the Met, at what might've been decent spoils.

but Bobbo yanked it.

Forte

ripped a crisp 59.6 5f blowout yesterday morn - certainly seems to be in fine quick of foot fettle.

... but, just like pre-Derby, he pulled up a tad at the end - bit of a hitch on the same lead that sidelined him last month.

wouldn't be surprised if we never saw Forte run again. He doesn't seem fit.

Forte

wouldn't be surprised if we never saw Forte run again.

yeah, probably not.

out to stud at 3, with a GII & a GI on his resumé - better than on his tombstone.

lord knows this game (and Pletcher, rn) can't afford a breakdown on a Nationally televised race - it can happen to any of 'em, sure ... but Forte got one hoof on a banana peel as is.

ain't gonna risk it.

PS - and this is another reason these horses cannot even be remotely compared to the human athletes ... this guy will make 10x more standing at Coolmore than he would've on the track.

tennis players/Olympic track runners don't get a ton of coin to "reproduce", as it were.

Monmouth 11th today

scratched down to 4 horse field - as they turn for home, the two trailers run each other over ... front horse down in a heap, horse directly behind trips forward over the fallen.

4 start, 2 finish - at least 1 put down on the track, dunno about the other as of now, but can't imagine she survived this.

horse looked lame behind the gate, dunno wtf Hollendorfer were doing running her ... guess the vet left after the 10th to beat the Parkway traffic home.

bizarre and ugly stuff.

Geaux Rocket Ride

first out in three months, just dusted 'em in The Affirmed at S.A.

Skinner scratched outta this one, lest we would've gotten a better price on GRR to actuall wager on - Skinner was not beating him today - nice bounce back for this one ... Haskell seems like a very doable next up.

🐎

Raise Cain will not be abel to go Saturday - barn has decided to take his talents to Ellis Park for the Matt Winn, instead.

augment 'capping, as per.

:bye:

59 n 1…. 1:11 n 3 for National Treasure this morning

:oldunsure:

i saw the vid earlier on the twitterz, he were grooooving ... suffice to say he's taken to Big Sandy.

Bobbo did same Preak Week - once i saw that 6f blowout, i knew he were the one to beat at Pimlico (post is in here, for those who question).

horse is in tip-top form.

Belmont Draw

this morning at 11 ... hopefully NYRA has Acacia or Maggie hosting - dunno if Serling comes out from under his bridge that early, so we may be in luck.

prolly the least consequential of the threee TC draws, but would still love to see NT in the 1 or 2 hole ... we're down to 9 entrants after Raise Cain's defection - so if NT does get hung out widest it could factor - but very few ride that oval and it's gargantuan turns quite like Johnny V ... horse is in the best hands.

curious to see who Aragona tabs ml favorite ... should be NT, and likely 2/1, depending on draw - dunno, he's been all over the place this meet with his odds.

Last edited:
1 Tapit Shoes 20-1
2 Tapit Trice 3-1
3 Arcangelo 8-1
4 National Treasure 5-1
5 El Miracolo 30-1
6 Forte 5/2
7 Hit Show 10-1
8 Angel of Empire 7/2
9 Red Route One 15-1

the bolded are serious value on the ml ... i get the questions about NT at this distance, and the record of the Tapits & Pletcher here - but to make NT fourth on the line is a bit much ... at least we've seen him win one of these.

welp, i did say Aragona has been mercurial with his lines, so ... her we are.

Hit Show is in a great sandwich, i expect him to get the drop on Forte/AoE and rate closer to NT/Tapit Shoes - he'll likely have first crack if the Preak winner backs up.

2 hole ain't horrible for TT, but Luis is gonna have to get him settled in that middle sweet spot - this is not a cat who saves ground skimming the rail - they want him uncorked and away from kickback.

Prat gotta be careful AoE don't get fanned out on that sweeping first turn - his one advantage out there is that RR1 will likely cede the better get out the gate.

can Tapit Shoes make NT sweat? i think Johnny V will tuck right behind and draft this foo'

pretty nice race shaping up - more as the week goes on.

Last edited:
Tapit Shoes snagging the 1 hole changes the early engine, as he'll get the jump on NT, and Cox may have this one lined up as a reserved rabbit to dissuade the slower pace that worked at Pimlico

Tapit Trice don't love the post, especially being around the early speed again - big guy is not swift afoot out the gate, will take a bit to get him out in the clear and underway - run back to the BG and he takes this.

Arcangelo shaping up as the wiseguy horse - will likely be the biggest underlay on the board.

National Treasure will likely cede engine to TS - can't see them gunning early to battle if the 1 goes out ... Johnny V steals races on tepid leads, not by battling up front thru :46 half - should rate well and be in the lead coming into the stretch. can he hold. that's the money question.

El Miracolo will also be sent early ... wtf else are they gonna do?

Forte worked a demon leading up - still concerned about the hitch after his last, and the 10 week layoff - easy favorite to play against.

Hit Show if Cox decides to soften the front with TS, i could see this cat right on NT's hip the whole way around - buying on this one, dangerous horse here.

Angel of Empire our old buddy, steadiest flesh in the crop - Prat should have him in the thick of it deep stretch, as usual.

Red Route One in the unlikely event it gets STOOOPIT upfront, this is the guy to pick 'em all up - will most likely not see that kinda pace, but i still dig him as a worthy stab for bottom of tri, and very solid look for bottom of super. will be in last place for a solid two plus minutes, tho - not for faint of heart.

lean to keying NT once again - i know what i'm getting outta that horse/connections - field are gonna have to reel him in, as i know i'll be in the lead hitting stretch ... very big ask for this one, but i will take the price on him all day.

Tapit Shoes snagging the 1 hole changes the early engine, as he'll get the jump on NT, and Cox may have this one lined up as a reserved rabbit to dissuade the slower pace that worked at Pimlico

Tapit Trice don't love the post, especially being around the early speed again - big guy is not swift afoot out the gate, will take a bit to get him out in the clear and underway - run back to the BG and he takes this.

Arcangelo shaping up as the wiseguy horse - will likely be the biggest underlay on the board.

National Treasure will likely cede engine to TS - can't see them gunning early to battle if the 1 goes out ... Johnny V steals races on tepid leads, not by battling up front thru :46 half - should rate well and be in the lead coming into the stretch. can he hold. that's the money question.

Forte worked a demon leading up - still concerned about the hitch after his last, and the 10 week layoff - easy favorite to play against.

Hit Show if Cox decides to soften the front with TS, i could see this cat right on NT's hip the whole way around - buying on this one, dangerous horse here.

Angel of Empire our old buddy, steadiest flesh in the crop - Prat should have him in the thick of it deep stretch, as usual.

Red Route One in the unlikely event it gets STOOOPIT upfront, this is the guy to pick 'em all up - will most likely not see that kinda pace, but i still dig him as a worthy stab for bottom of tri, and very solid look for bottom of super. will be in last place for a solid two plus minutes, tho - not for faint of heart.

lean to keying NT once again - i know what i'm getting outta that horse/connections - field are gonna have to reel him in, as i know i'll be in the lead hitting stretch ... very big ask for this one, but i will take the price on him all day.
I’ve been busy with other things for a few weeks. How’s the track been playing?

I’ve been busy with other things for a few weeks. How’s the track been playing?
nothing glaringly discernible to report - but we'll see how they play it come the Stakes kickoff on Friday ... supposed to be cool (high 60s) and some showers as we kickoff the weekend, but should dry out with minimal chance of rain for Saturday.

we'll get a damn good feel after Arabian Lion & Cody's Wish go earlier on Saturday ... the undercard will tell us plenty - but they do rake that mutha a ton prior to the big race.

Belmont Stakes day is shaping up to be some really great races. Looking forward to the Met Mile, Ogden Phipps, and the Belmont Stakes the most as a fan of the game.

Cody's Wish is the best story in all of racing, but Repo Rocks is where my money is going for the Met Mile, but there are some good horses in that race. I hope I can get 3-1+ on Repo Rocks if possible with most of money being on Cody's Wish. Cody's Wish is hard to bet against and when you think he can't do it again, sure enough here he comes and blows by them all.

Ogden Phipps is interesting with Clairiere, Secret Oath and Search Results. Secret Oath is one of my favorites to watch in all of racing, and another rematch of Clairiere and Secret Oath could get interesting.

Belmont Stakes, I am leaning towards either Tapit Trice or AOE right now, but will have Hit Show and National Treasure in my exotics. But there are so many quality horses in this race that it could be anyone's race, except maybe El Miracolo's (hopfully this ages well). So many question marks going into this race. Which Forte will show up, will the hitch effect him, he hasn't raced in a while. Can National Treasure get the distance or what type of trip on the front end will he get? How will Tapit Trice break, he has looked great leading up to this race, Tapit sire does well here. Arcangelo: wise guy horse who could take another step forward from the Peter Pan and steal this thing at a close to double digit ML, does he belong with the others? Hit Show performed well in the derby and could steal this at even bigger odds. AOE always shows up and runs his race no matter what is happening in front of him. Even Tapit Shoes has the name and pedigree for the Belmont and could get a soft front leading trip to get a piece, but would have to think he is a rabbit for Brad Cox. I wonder how many casual fans will confuse Tapit Trice with Tapit Shoes by betting the wrong horse.

Just watched the Peter Pan again...I would have bet against Arcangelo with 1/2 a furlong left. He came back and gutted out that win. That being said, it was a soft field.

I'm willing to toss Forte, so my top 4 are AoE, NT, TT and Hit Show.

AoE going to wear blinkers for the first time in a race, based on a recommendation from Prat to Cox. He's trained in them, so it isn't a huge change, but I think it's interesting that this is based on something Prat saw/felt with him.

Hope the AQI gets down to a decent level by Belmont day - it is brutal out there with the smoke from the Quebec fires.
If it like this on Saturday there will be pressure to cancel/postpone the card :oldunsure:
-QG

Hope the AQI gets down to a decent level by Belmont day - it is brutal out there with the smoke from the Quebec fires.
If it like this on Saturday there will be pressure to cancel/postpone the card :oldunsure:
-QG
Not sure about NY, but I’m in Pa and its supppsed to be much better by Saturday afternoon

Belmont Stakes day is shaping up to be some really great races. Looking forward to the Met Mile, Ogden Phipps, and the Belmont Stakes the most as a fan of the game.

Cody's Wish is the best story in all of racing, but Repo Rocks is where my money is going for the Met Mile, but there are some good horses in that race. I hope I can get 3-1+ on Repo Rocks if possible with most of money being on Cody's Wish. Cody's Wish is hard to bet against and when you think he can't do it again, sure enough here he comes and blows by them all.

Ogden Phipps is interesting with Clairiere, Secret Oath and Search Results. Secret Oath is one of my favorites to watch in all of racing, and another rematch of Clairiere and Secret Oath could get interesting.

Belmont Stakes, I am leaning towards either Tapit Trice or AOE right now, but will have Hit Show and National Treasure in my exotics. But there are so many quality horses in this race that it could be anyone's race, except maybe El Miracolo's (hopfully this ages well). So many question marks going into this race. Which Forte will show up, will the hitch effect him, he hasn't raced in a while. Can National Treasure get the distance or what type of trip on the front end will he get? How will Tapit Trice break, he has looked great leading up to this race, Tapit sire does well here. Arcangelo: wise guy horse who could take another step forward from the Peter Pan and steal this thing at a close to double digit ML, does he belong with the others? Hit Show performed well in the derby and could steal this at even bigger odds. AOE always shows up and runs his race no matter what is happening in front of him. Even Tapit Shoes has the name and pedigree for the Belmont and could get a soft front leading trip to get a piece, but would have to think he is a rabbit for Brad Cox. I wonder how many casual fans will confuse Tapit Trice with Tapit Shoes by betting the wrong horse.
I'm betting against National Treasure getting the distance. My likely winners are Angel of Empire and Tapit Trice. I put Hit Show and the Peter Pan winner as live longer shots. Last, I'm gonna use Forte, but I have no clue what we will get from him coming off the layoff and the weird injuries.

Users who are viewing this thread