What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

🏈🏈🏈 OFFICIAL 2024 NFL DRAFT THREAD - LIVE FROM MOTOWN 🏈🏈🏈 (2 Viewers)

Can't believe the Lions took Manu. lol
He's a monster. He is not a football player. He's a monster. Literally. I thought he'd be a fun udfa somewhere, but never thought he'd get drafted.

He's 6-9 350 with abs, no fat on him. He's a super athlete. He played in a tiny Canadian college league. The film is a riot. This monster blocking 6' 220 pound defensive ends. I laughed for ten minutes watching the youtube. Monster. Not a football player. Fun pick.

eta: the PFF draft guy who knows EVERYBODY on his 300 player big board was like: Manu? What who? Canada? Yeah, I didn't watch him, oh well. haha

He’s not in The Athletic’s “The Beast” (Dane Brugler) - that PDF is 400+ pages and covers almost 2000 players.

8.83 RAS

33.5” vert and 8’11” broad

:lmao:

Braelon Allen to the Jets, lol. Just like Abanikanda last year. Horrible spot. Worthless in fantasy without an injury. Even with an injury Abanikanda is probably still the back to own.

Last edited:
Last year "experts" on XM were saying to trade Breece Hall for whatever you could get when Cook signed there "Godwin for Breece straight up was 1 example of a trade they said to do in dynasty"
Love theme "experts"

At this point I just presume Holmes & Campbell started doing shots at breakfast

You thought taking a U Sports athlete (first in 8 years*) was gonna make draft Twitter lose their minds? Watch this…I’m taking a three-way RB-FS-STer. Who’s laughing now, huh?

*oops, bad info from an unverified tweet; 2024 is the 3rd straight year a U Sports player was drafted, and the 15th player from a Canadian university has gone on the draft.

Last edited:
So, how many skill players that are interesting? Vidal?
still several wrs

rbs, estime, tracey, dillon johnson
No interest in Dillon Johnson. What about Johnny Wilson?

Yeah Wilson interests me. Dillon graded out as Waldman's RB5. He's got a bunch of James Conner in him. If he thrives pass blocking, and he can, then he might get a lot of snaps. Opportunity is everything with RBs these days.

I figured Malik Washington and Ainais Smith would fall, but both could end up wr3s somewhere. The rac ability is strong with both.

So, how many skill players that are interesting? Vidal?
still several wrs

rbs, estime, tracey, dillon johnson
No interest in Dillon Johnson. What about Johnny Wilson?

Yeah Wilson interests me. Dillon graded out as Waldman's RB5. He's got a bunch of James Conner in him. If he thrives pass blocking, and he can, then he might get a lot of snaps. Opportunity is everything with RBs these days.
Johnson had about as bad of a combine as humanly possible.

You thought taking a U Sports athlete (first in 8 years) was gonna make draft Twitter lose their minds? Watch this…I’m taking a three-way RB-FS-STer. Who’s laughing now, huh?
sounds like the lions plan to use him on offense, it was the offensive staff he met with, not the defense.

You thought taking a U Sports athlete (first in 8 years) was gonna make draft Twitter lose their minds? Watch this…I’m taking a three-way RB-FS-STer. Who’s laughing now, huh?
sounds like the lions plan to use him on offense, it was the offensive staff he met with, not the defense.
When Goff throws a pick, no better player to have on the field.

@Capella and the entire Shark Pool

-Do we have any updates on Jordan Travis from FSU?
I know it was a brutal leg injury but thee current athlete and modern medicine seem to overcome things and I expect him to be ready to play football at some point.
This guy was pretty darn good prior to the injury

Is a 4th-5th round pick too much to develop Travis for 1-2 years? Teams might get the same outcome as the Falcons drafting Penix, there I said it
How long do you allow the Falcons to have the best back up in the NFL?
Supposed to be good to go by May. Have no idea where he is projected to go though.

Be really curious to see where Johnny Wilson goes. He might be a TE in the NFL, or a Colston like big slot in the NFL, who took a backseat to Keon Coleman.

Wonder where Michael Pratt ends up? Got a Minshew vibe off him.

Javon Solomon is a nice pick for the Bills. He's small, and likely just a situational pass rusher, but at #168, that's a great value. Had 17 sacks at Troy last season.

ETA: Bills are killing it on day 3, and they needed too after how they started.

Per Sportrac:

#NFL TRADE

#Broncos
Acquire DE John Franklin-Myers

2024: $13.9M 2025: $15M

#Jets
Acquire2026 6th-Rd Pick

NYJ takes on $9.056M of dead cap per the move, freeing up $7.3M of 2024 space.

Correct me if I am wrong but it seems like bad signing by the Jets.

I love how the overwhelming consensus was that there weren’t any great RBs in this class. Yet, soon as they get picked in the 3rd/4th rounds, the sky is falling for the incumbent starters on those teams.

Nobody thought much of Jaylen Wright until he got drafted. Now suddenly he’s going to take over the Miami backfield.

I love how the overwhelming consensus was that there weren’t any great RBs in this class. Yet, soon as they get picked in the 3rd/4th rounds, the sky is falling for the incumbent starters on those teams.

Nobody thought much of Jaylen Wright until he got drafted. Now suddenly he’s going to take over the Miami backfield.
I think it makes a ton of sense. This class has quite a few good to solid RBs who are not great but good enough for a timeshare. As an example I don’t love Corum but he is good enough to take a big enough share of carries, that Williams drops from a rb1 to an rb2. I havent heard anyone say Wright is going to take over in Miami. That seems to be an exaggeration on your part. Davis eats into Cook workload, Irving eats into White, Benson hurts Conner, Lloyd eats into Jacobs. So yes, still not a great class, but good enough to have a negative impact on the workload of some of the current starters. Sky falling not really. Expectations falling for some of these incumbents….absolutely

Said no one

Johnny Wilson to Philly. Gigantic steal. Could have seen him go 3 rounds earlier. Wouldn't be shocked if they moved him to TE but could press for a role as a rookie. Freak of nature.

ETA: Eagles are winning this draft, and I feel like that's a pretty consistent thing for them.

The Detroit Lions are trading pick 205, plus pick 249 to the Houston Texans in exchange for pick 189 (acquired from Denver), per league source.

4th trade of the draft for Brad Holmes, 6 a year ago - rookie numbers, Howie has 9 this year

Last edited:
Nice to see the patriots draft Kirk cousins. Err Joe Milton.

Kidding of course but I do like it when a team desperate for QBs takes another one late.

Said no one
Sorry, but you’re simply wrong. Opinions exist outside FBG. Go on Twitter and you’ll find nothing but people raving about Wright, and yes, some claiming he will challenge to be their RB1. It’s nothing but hype for a guy nobody cared about 3 days ago.

Said no one
Sorry, but you’re simply wrong. Opinions exist outside FBG. Go on Twitter and you’ll find nothing but people raving about Wright, and yes, some claiming he will challenge to be their RB1. It’s nothing but hype for a guy nobody cared about 3 days ago.
People cared about Wright all spring. He was the #2 RB on a lot of boards and was projected to be drafted higher than he actually was.

Having said that, he's no higher than #3 on Miami's depth chart, and is probably a special teamer as a rookie.

Pratt at #201 would be a good fit for Indy as a potential long-term backup, who could be the #3 this year. Really surprised he's fallen this far, he's a gamer (with mediocre tools) ala Minshew.

Users who are viewing this thread