What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

🏈🏈🏈 OFFICIAL 2024 NFL DRAFT THREAD - LIVE FROM MOTOWN 🏈🏈🏈 (2 Viewers)

Bears war room all sitting their staring into space.......so exicting
They always do this... not sure why. Maybe to give the broadcast more time.
I think that must be it. In the early 80s, teams got a half hour apiece to make their picks. The whole 1st round was done in 3 hours. No one was taking their full time or anywhere close. This is when ESPN was desperate for content and the draft was on Tuesday morning.

ESPN Post-Draft Coverage for Caleb Williams

Post-Draft Analysis

Williams' skill set would allow him to be a great fit in any offense, but the Bears' setup in particular stands out with offensive coordinator Shane Waldron's love for the deep ball. Waldron will scheme up deep shots to DJ Moore, and Keenan Allen, Cole Kmet and Gerald Everett are all physical enough to beat up man coverage on underneath routes for Williams. And if all else fails, Williams will be free to use his legs in the Chicago system; he scored 27 rushing touchdowns over the past three seasons. In short, the fit is superb. -- Miller

Overall value: Perfect range. In fact, it won't get any more perfect than this. Williams is the highest-graded player regardless of position on my board, and he also checked in at No. 1 overall for Mel Kiper Jr., Field Yates and Miller. And while Williams didn't grade out quite as high as Andrew Luck did in 2012, he joins Trevor Lawrence as the two best quarterback prospects I've studied since then.
-- Muench

ESPN post-draft analysis for Jayden Daniels:

Post-Draft Analysis

The Commanders had 21 interceptions last season and traded Sam Howell to Seattle in March, leaving a big hole at QB. Daniels has the mobility, accuracy and decision-making to thrive in offensive coordinator Kliff Kingsbury's scheme. His ability outside of structure will place less stress on a Washington offensive line that allowed 65 sacks last season, tied for the second-most in the NFL. And he'll fit well with wide receivers Terry McLaurin and Jahan Dotson after being arguably the most accurate deep-ball passer in the FBS last season. -- Jordan Reid

Overall value: Perfect range. Daniels is ranked fifth overall on my board, he has a strong first-round grade, and he is the best available quarterback with Caleb Williams gone at No. 1.
-- Muench

ESPN post-draft analysis for Drake Maye:

Post-Draft Analysis

With Mac Jones traded, the Patriots had to find a quarterback to build around. We don't know exactly what Alex Van Pelt's offense will look like in New England, but the best-case scenario is that Maye sits behind veteran Jacoby Brissett for at least part of the 2024 season and keeps developing. Maye's arm strength, pocket toughness, mobility and poise are all excellent traits that can fit into any NFL offense, and with deep threats like Kendrick Bourne and K.J. Osborn on the roster, his arm talent will shine in Foxboro Stadium. -- Miller

Overall value: Perfect range. Taking the third-best quarterback with the third-overall pick isn't always the best move -- just ask the 49ers -- but Maye is ranked just behind Daniels at sixth overall on my board, making him a strong pick here for a team that needs a QB.
-- Muench

Users who are viewing this thread