What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

⚽ Soccer Match-day Thread (1 Viewer)

He was absolutely attrocious in that game.  Every pass was to a Palace player.  Rightfully yanked for VdB.  

McTominay is not a true holding MF.  He wants to get forward to often and is more a box to box type.  He, VdB, Bruno and Pogba are your attacking mfs.

Matic and Fred are your holding.  

Reguilon is the one I'm disappointed in not getting.  Didn't want Bale (age, inj history, wages...).  Sounds like a move for Telles may be coming (which means next window or two if ever).

Still need Sancho, CDM and a CB. 

As for the game, no one looked good.  Lindelof was the only player worse then Pogba.  Shaw doesn't track back fast enough and get goalside to stop the first goal.  Thats often a problem with Shaw.  Looked like De Gea slide to far over and with better movement may have saved it.  Lindelof handball then gets easily beaten by Zaha for the 3rd.  

VDB with a nice debut.  For those asking why he didn't start? He is the depth behind Pogba and Bruno.  I didn't expect him to start and I don't expect to see they 3 in the same MF unless you go 3 in the back.  Matic or Fred need to be in behind whichever two are playing.

I do have a few questions on that PK sequence. 
1) Why would that not be considered ball to hand?
2) Did they change the rules again and you have to be touching the line as a GK? i thought you just had to be over the line which De Gea was.
3) Why are you allowed to change PK takers on a retake like that?
1.  Same call against Spurs. Terrible rule. 

2.  I think it’s 1 foot on line. But it’s checked by VAR with the same precision as offside. 

3.  Why wouldn’t they be allowed to switch pen takers?  This isn’t the NBA where the fouled player has time the shot. 

1.  Same call against Spurs. Terrible rule. 

2.  I think it’s 1 foot on line. But it’s checked by VAR with the same precision as offside. 

3.  Why wouldn’t they be allowed to switch pen takers?  This isn’t the NBA where the fouled player has time the shot. 
2. his foot was in the air, guess it has to be on not just over?

3. its a retake not a new pk, should be the same kicker I would think.  Don't think I've seen it before where a retake changes kickers. Or at least never noticed.  I mean not a big deal, just seemed odd.  That whole sequence was terrible.

AR helps the ref and gives Milan a PEN 5' into the 2nd Half. 

Ibra AKA The King of Europe The Lion of Europe Buries the Penalty 2-0. 

Milan was able to secure 1K tickets and most of those will be going to essential health workers 

Zlatan has 2 Goals on the season now and counting. He had 10 in one half season when he came back. Ibrahimovic is not done yet folks. Do you dare to question him right now? 

Trust me folks this match isn't as bad as its looks on here. Ref is a bit card happy. Very little leeway to players on fouls tonight 

Milan win 2-0 but it really should've been 5 or 6-0. Well deserved win to start the campaign. Diaz was impressive with his ball control and Calabria looked great.  Saelemaekers looked great too. Hakan continues his form he looks great in his natural position right behind the strikers 

Let me know if you've heard this before....

PK to UNITED!  Mata slots it for a 1-0 halftime lead  (Bruno is on the bench so can't take it)

Remember when Bayern Munich wanted to pay a ton of money for Hudson-Odoi?  And everyone said Chelsea has to keep him at all costs to become the next Hazard, so they gave him a huge 5 year deal?  I remember that.

Remember when Bayern Munich wanted to pay a ton of money for Hudson-Odoi?  And everyone said Chelsea has to keep him at all costs to become the next Hazard, so they gave him a huge 5 year deal?  I remember that.
I think Chelsea have to send him out on loan don't they?  I can't see him getting many minutes with Pulisic and Ziyech being the nailed on starters once healthy and Werner, Havertz and Mount also being available on the wings.  He's still what... 20?

A good run of games, pop a couple in, gain some confidence and maybe he finds that potential in there.  He was awful in the little I saw today though.

I think Chelsea have to send him out on loan don't they?  I can't see him getting many minutes with Pulisic and Ziyech being the nailed on starters once healthy and Werner, Havertz and Mount also being available on the wings.  He's still what... 20?

A good run of games, pop a couple in, gain some confidence and maybe he finds that potential in there.  He was awful in the little I saw today though.
He had a couple nice crosses in the time I was watching today, which ... isn't enough against Barnsley in a cup game.

Club supporters were so excited about promoting hyphenated academy products Hudson-Odoi and Loftus-Cheek, who looked to be developing fantastically as of a year ago or so.  But after a 200mil transfer window, both seem to be on the way out.

That said, CHO is still just 20 years old I think, so plenty of time for him to become the next Hazard.

He had a couple nice crosses in the time I was watching today, which ... isn't enough against Barnsley in a cup game.

Club supporters were so excited about promoting hyphenated academy products Hudson-Odoi and Loftus-Cheek, who looked to be developing fantastically as of a year ago or so.  But after a 200mil transfer window, both seem to be on the way out.

That said, CHO is still just 20 years old I think, so plenty of time for him to become the next Hazard.
True.  Football fans are a fickle bunch.  A year ago Pulisic wasn't good enough for the EPL.  Now most Chelsea fans are salivating at the idea of his return from injury.  He's the "next Hazard" of the moment.

I think CHO still has a ton of talent, but it was clear watching today that he had zero confidence and his timing was off.  I think he needs game time to get that back and I don't know if there's enough of it for him at Chelsea once they get healthy.  

Hudson Oh Boy has huge game changing/dominance upside, but lacks consistency from what I've seen. Youth explains that...as well as not getting enough pt. Loan or sell him somewhere where he can get more regular minutes.

Was Pulisic injured this much for Dortmund too?

ETA: I googled...

https://www.transfermarkt.us/christian-pulisic/verletzungen/spieler/315779

20/21 Hamstring Injury Aug 2, 2020 -  53 days 4

20/21Calf StrainAug 1, 2020Aug 22, 202021 days 2

19/20FitnessMar 17, 2020Mar 31, 202014 days-

19/20Tear in the abductor muscleJan 10, 2020Mar 25, 202075 days 11

19/20Muscle bruiseDec 28, 2019Dec 31, 20193 days 1

19/20Arch painOct 2, 2019Oct 2, 20190 days 1

18 games missed in less than a year, and that is with a 6 month covid break

Missed 11 for Dortmund 18/19

MIssed 6 in 17/18

Mostly muscle injuries it seems...

Last edited by a moderator:
Lack of crowd noise is hard to get used to, but I love the sounds of players shouting to each other and the ball hitting the wood or net. It helps that I'm the only person on my floor today (and most days) so have the game volume up.
Listen to Calcio is a lot more fun. Listen to a Milan match or a Napoli Match and Pioli and Gattuso come in ringing in your ears if you have a headset on watching it. Really sounds like you are there live. 

So Newcastle won their Carraboo cup match 7-0 Joeliton scored twice and the other team scored but it was an OG in the 90'. Didn't get to watch nor was it available in the US but according to my Geordie friends on a fan page it was a cracker of a match to watch. The 40 M Striker did miss a hatrick as he missed from 2 yards out for the easiest goal of his career. Morecambe FC haven't been outside League two since 06 season when they were down a division. 

Joeliton, ALmiron, Jacob Murphy, Issac Hayden,, Lascelles all score for the Magpies. 

So Newcastle won their Carraboo cup match 7-0 Joeliton scored twice and the other team scored but it was an OG in the 90'. Didn't get to watch nor was it available in the US but according to my Geordie friends on a fan page it was a cracker of a match to watch. The 40 M Striker did miss a hatrick as he missed from 2 yards out for the easiest goal of his career. Morecambe FC haven't been outside League two since 06 season when they were down a division. 

Joeliton, ALmiron, Jacob Murphy, Issac Hayden,, Lascelles all score for the Magpies. 
It’s not that he missed it - he just didn’t try. He assumed it was in so instead of making ####### sure it was in, he just loped away. 

You can see Ritchie screaming at him right at the end

Was Pulisic injured this much for Dortmund too?

ETA: I googled...

https://www.transfermarkt.us/christian-pulisic/verletzungen/spieler/315779

20/21 Hamstring Injury Aug 2, 2020 -  53 days 4

20/21Calf StrainAug 1, 2020Aug 22, 202021 days 2

19/20FitnessMar 17, 2020Mar 31, 202014 days-

19/20Tear in the abductor muscleJan 10, 2020Mar 25, 202075 days 11

19/20Muscle bruiseDec 28, 2019Dec 31, 20193 days 1

19/20Arch painOct 2, 2019Oct 2, 20190 days 1

18 games missed in less than a year, and that is with a 6 month covid break

Missed 11 for Dortmund 18/19

MIssed 6 in 17/18

Mostly muscle injuries it seems...
From what I can remember he's always had some sort of issue involving a muscle. Pick up a nick here and there at Dortmund but it didn't make him miss any matches at the very least limited his mins as a sub 

From what I can remember he's always had some sort of issue involving a muscle. Pick up a nick here and there at Dortmund but it didn't make him miss any matches at the very least limited his mins as a sub 
He missed almost two months his last year in Dortmund.  It felt like longer because Sancho scored like 8 times while Pulisic was injured and his spot was gone once he was healthy, so he barely played for the first month+ that he was back healthy.  Before that though, he was almost an ironman.  He played almost 3000 minutes the year before as an 18/19 year old.  So far these injuries seem like random one offs, but hopefully he can find a significant healthy spell coming up.

Ya gotta love Europa:

#thfc Mourinho says Spurs had the Shkendija goals replaced before the game after his GKs noticed they were too small in the warm-up. "I felt immediately something was going wrong. We got the Uefa delegate to confirm and it was 5cm smaller. We demand for the goals to be replaced."

:lmao: :lmao:

:lmao:

Bruno Fernandes asking for a card for diving from anyone - let alone after he commits the foul

Fernandes lucky not to be sent off...

ManU gifted a win.  New season, same story.

Great game to watch.  Brighton is good.  They probably should’ve won that game and they gave Chelsea a good fight last weekend too.  Woodwork was not their friend today.

I think Chelsea is gonna regret letting Lamptey go.  He appears to be a really good young RB.

Users who are viewing this thread