What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

⚽ Soccer Match-day Thread (4 Viewers)

Fulham looked like a Championship side, Leeds definitely looks like it belongs. 

So is Leeds better than we thought or are the Champs showing some chinks in the armor? 

Fulham looked like a Championship side, Leeds definitely looks like it belongs. 

So is Leeds better than we thought or are the Champs showing some chinks in the armor? 
They seemed to be more and more vulnerable as the season went on last season, at least to my untrained eye.

Have Liverpool been able to bring in any reinforcements yet? To the squad, not the match.

Last edited by a moderator:
Which is crazy to me. Wonder if that's due to lack of interest of players coming in or from Liverpool lack of interest bringing them in.
In general, it seems like the COVID uncertainty is making transfers very difficult. A shorter window too for the top clubs

What a stupid challenge.

Who's this Newcastle Club? I don't know these guys. Not going to say Top 8 finish because West Ham is getting relegated this year I think. Absolutely terrible 
Newcastle remind me a little of Leicester - in the sense that they are not very pretty but they are very effective in what they can do.  They are big and fast, and look to want to bully people in the back, and then hit hard on counters.

I don't think it plays as well against teams that can control the ball better than West Ham -but I like what Newcastle are showing.

They seemed to be more and more vulnerable as the season went on last season, at least to my untrained eye.
I think leeds coach saw some holes around VVD (diagonal and in front) and had his guys execute them. Without reviewing, seemed like a dcm issue not filling the space and/or helping track. Der klopper will likely make some adjustments moving forward.

I think leeds coach saw some holes around VVD (diagonal and in front) and had his guys execute them. Without reviewing, seemed like a dcm issue not filling the space and/or helping track. Der klopper will likely make some adjustments moving forward.
I was pretty surprised with how open they looked. I believe if you go back and look at stats, the Henderson-VVD-Gomez defensive triangle gave up very few goals last season. 

Leeds seem to extremely well drilled, too. The way they kept going at Liverpool in the second was a little surprising. They had some beautiful build-ups too. They should be fun to watch this year. 

I was pretty surprised with how open they looked. I believe if you go back and look at stats, the Henderson-VVD-Gomez defensive triangle gave up very few goals last season. 

Leeds seem to extremely well drilled, too. The way they kept going at Liverpool in the second was a little surprising. They had some beautiful build-ups too. They should be fun to watch this year. 
I thought for sure Leeds would be gassed in the second half. That's what happened to teams last year that would take the same approach and Liverpool would sink 3-4 goals in the 2nd half when they could no longer keep up.

The Liverpool defense looked out of sorts compared to normal with that personnel but I wouldn't be surprised to see other teams start to take a similar approach given the success they had to today against it.

I thought for sure Leeds would be gassed in the second half. That's what happened to teams last year that would take the same approach and Liverpool would sink 3-4 goals in the 2nd half when they could no longer keep up.

The Liverpool defense looked out of sorts compared to normal with that personnel but I wouldn't be surprised to see other teams start to take a similar approach given the success they had to today against it.
I'm sure teams will try. That's what I inferred about klopp making the adjustments going forward.

But I remember teams finally figuring out how to go at the dominant Barca squad...pretty similar direct, down the middle approach.

Holy Christ on a Cross do the Union miss Wagner with Mbazio in there. Doesn't bomb up the field or make those crosses. Curtain doing the right thing now putting in the local kid who grew up 10 mins from me in Matt Real instead 

Union win in final mins of stoppage time. Anthony Fontana homegrown with a brace. A cheeky chip in for the first one and a rocket outside the box on a corner. Union had 5 homegrown out on the field in the final 5 mins of this match (Fontana, Aaronson, McKenzie, DeVries, Real). 

Sure would be nice to be able to get to the live broadcast. Screen keeps locking up on my TV and I am a good 5 minutes behind the gameplay. Fun! 

A Ligue 1 discipline committee will look into allegations that Paris Saint-Germain's Neymar was subjected to racist abuse during their 1-0 loss against Marseille on Sunday with the league likely to launch a full investigation, sources have told ESPN.

The committee is also examining the possibility of launching an investigation into allegations that PSG's Angel Di Maria spat on Marseille player Alvaro Gonzalez.

The league's discipline committee will meet on Wednesday to assess the sending off and the report of referee Jerome Brisard.

According to the French Federation's rules, "an act of brutality or a kick" could be punished by a seven-game ban. Racist behaviour could be a maximum of 10 matches while being found guilty of spitting could earn a player a six-game ban.

Sources have told ESPN that PSG are fully supporting Neymar in his claim that he was racially abused on the pitch.

Five players, including Neymar, were sent off at the end of the game after a fight occurred. As he left the pitch, Neymar could be heard repeating "no racism, no racism" to the officials.

Neymar posted on Twitter after the match, calling for action to be taken after claiming he was called a racial slur at some point during the game.

"VAR catching my 'aggression' is easy," the tweet began. "Now I want to see the image of the racist calling me a 'monkey motherf---er'... this is what I want to see!"

Wolves with a quick 2 goals on Sheffield United. The Blades look overwhelmed which wasn’t the case very often last season.

Users who are viewing this thread