What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ⅿ- Mandalorian Series! (1 Viewer)

-OZ- said:
:yes:

Solo and Fett are the two most of us would want to see. Others don't really have the same draw. 

Maybe a young Yoda could be interesting. Young emperor has some potential, but that's about it.
Obi Wan Kenobi

Aerial Assault said:
Not sure if you're being serious or funny, because that is funny.  But if you're serious . . . . Even though I happen to have enjoyed the heck out of the prequel trilogy (mostly for seeing Jedi in their prime), while that is possible, there's zero evidence that any Jedi, even Obi-Wan,  could do that to another person, let alone a Jedi as strong as Anakin, with such long-lasting effects.  And even if I did buy that, that fails to explain how the entire rest of what became the Empire, including a Sith lord who headed it, also neglected to sort out what was up on Vader's home planet with any little kid about the right age to have been delivered by Vader's very pregnant wife.  Sporting the same last name and living with known relatives.  An Obi-Wan movie could actually provide a credible explanation for all this, which would be a nice bonus.  
I was joking.

bigbottom said:
I don't get it.  Cool getup and all, but a standalone film?  Dude had like 3 minutes of screen time across the original trilogy.

Edit:  I see that Ramsay has already addressed this point with far more humor.
Give this character more screen time, and the allure of the legend will begin to dwindle for all of the fanbois.

Unless I'm misremembering SW4, Luke didn't do a whole lot as a kid. Seemed to be bored.

:shrug: to each their own but imo the first transformers movie was much better than SW1, the most recent avengers and most of the MCU are better than any but the original SW trilogy. 
Super excited to see Toshi Station.

As mentioned in the Solo thread... BOBA FETT to get his own stand alone movie.

They will likely retcon part of his story.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/boba-fett-star-wars-story-232129769.html

The galaxy’s baddest bounty hunter is finally ready to get his time to shine. With Solo blasting into theaters this weekend, there’s news that his sometime nemesis (and fan favorite) Boba Fett is going to get a Star Wars Story of his very own.

The Hollywood Reporter says that James Mangold, the Oscar-nominated writer-director of last year’s Wolverine swan song, Logan, is in the midst of developing a standalone feature about the Mandalorian mercenary.
That article takes a couple weird turns mentioning the disastrous Holiday Special and then railing on white men making Star Wars movies. I am sensing a Russian bot trying to destroy America’s premier cultural treasure.

Aerial Assault said:
If they get the Rogue One writers or someone with similar skill they can even add to the overall story and/or clear up some Lucas boners like supplying some explanation why Vader never went looking for his kid with the same name on his home planet "hiding" with people he knew.  

Aerial Assault said:
And even if I did buy that, that fails to explain how the entire rest of what became the Empire, including a Sith lord who headed it, also neglected to sort out what was up on Vader's home planet with any little kid about the right age to have been delivered by Vader's very pregnant wife.  Sporting the same last name and living with known relatives.  An Obi-Wan movie could actually provide a credible explanation for all this, which would be a nice bonus.  
Do I need to remind everyone that Palpatine told Vader that he had killed Padme?  Thus no child to worry about.  Plus, Vader destroyed Anakin Skywalker (from a certain point of view).  What did he care what was happening on Tatooine or with Owen and Beru?

Do I need to remind everyone that Palpatine told Vader that he had killed Padme?  Thus no child to worry about.  Plus, Vader destroyed Anakin Skywalker (from a certain point of view).  What did he care what was happening on Tatooine or with Owen and Beru?
if people are interested in seeing how Vader learns that Luke is his son in the modern canon, read this article.  

https://scifi.stackexchange.com/questions/80479/when-and-how-does-vader-learn-that-luke-is-his-son

Sorry, but I basically stopped reading once it said there was a "first" encounter between episodes IV and V.  I tried to keep going but just couldn't.
Unless I am mistaken, Vader never has a face to face confrontation with Luke in IV.

What are you referring to?

Unless I am mistaken, Vader never has a face to face confrontation with Luke in IV.

What are you referring to?
The article in the link you provided says:

"In the new Disney/Marvel canon, in which all new comics, books, and games are considered to have the same level of canon as the movies, Vader has his first direct confrontation with Luke between Episodes IV and V, but doesn't know who he is. This is shown in Marvel's monthly comic series Star Wars. In Issue #2, after taking Luke's lightsaber, Vader takes a closer look at it and realizes it used to be his own."

I said "first" in quotes because we all know the real first was in Episode V.

Last edited by a moderator:
The article in the link you provided says:

"In the new Disney/Marvel canon, in which all new comics, books, and games are considered to have the same level of canon as the movies, Vader has his first direct confrontation with Luke between Episodes IV and V, but doesn't know who he is. This is shown in Marvel's monthly comic series Star Wars. In Issue #2, after taking Luke's lightsaber, Vader takes a closer look at it and realizes it used to be his own."
I meant what are you referring to when you said the bold bothered you so much.  Is there a mistake in this article?

I edited my post as you were replying.  My point is that the first confrontation was in V.
oh, I see.  Yeah if your view of canon is only what happens in the movies then these type of articles are meaningless.  I personally enjoy canon outside of the movies but I can understand why someone would not like it.

oh, I see.  Yeah if your view of canon is only what happens in the movies then these type of articles are meaningless.  I personally enjoy canon outside of the movies but I can understand why someone would not like it.

I like the extra canon stuff to supplement the movies but changing when Vader and Luke first met is outright ridiculous. Who signed off on that. 
Exactly.  I don't mind canon so much if it's used to fill in the gaps.  But all these cases where it re-writes things are absurd.

He cared because, under the Sith's Rule of Two dynamic, he needed to be scouting for an apprentice before he was eventually offed himself.  

Meanwhile, Palpatine cared or should have cared for the same reason.  And he knew Padme didn't really die the way he told Vader.  If only he had dictatorial powers and a huge army of clones or something to send over to Tatooine to help sort all this out.  

Jon Favreau (they guy kind of kicked off the entire Marvel world) is doing a streaming Mandalorian series.

Favreau's streaming 'Star Wars' series is 'The Mandalorian'

Jon Favreau announced on Instagram that The Mandalorian is set "after the fall of the Empire and before the emergence of the First Order," with a "lone gunfighter" emerging in the tradition of Jango and Boba Fett on the outer reaches of the galaxy.

Reports have indicated that the series could cost as much as $100 million to make, so the expectations are high.
https://s3.yimg.com/lo/api/res/1.2/PLcH3IVVH21x1fHfFEdAbA--/YXBwaWQ9eW15O3c9NjQwO3E9NzU7c209MQ--/http://media.zenfs.com/en-us/homerun/tvline.com/bbba9b9a0e4dbbd0e6d8152d2f5dcf59

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/jon-favreau-details-live-action-002323440.html

It looks interesting and I like Favreau, but too bad it's going to be on Disney's streaming service.

After watching Clone Wars and Rebels, I realized that Kenobi was super bad ###. Too bad they're not going forward with a movie for him. Were they going to cast McGregor again? I thought he did a great job with crummy materia in the prequels.

Gr00vus said:
After watching Clone Wars and Rebels, I realized that Kenobi was super bad ###. Too bad they're not going forward with a movie for him. Were they going to cast McGregor again? I thought he did a great job with crummy materia in the prequels.
Are we sure they aren't going with the movie. I thought they were just slowing down on rolling them out, not scrapping them altogether. 

if people are interested in seeing how Vader learns that Luke is his son in the modern canon, read this article.  

https://scifi.stackexchange.com/questions/80479/when-and-how-does-vader-learn-that-luke-is-his-son
I guess it makes sense to explain, besides Lucas just screwing up, how Vader learns who Luke really is. But reading this it seems that Fett’s intel from the Death Star attack would have been enough. That’s interesting as a touchstone for a movie or series by itself. But I’m somewhat shocked one of the issues would actually drum up a prior confrontation between Luke and Vader, seems pointless, especially considering Luke probably couldn’t survive that at that stage much less nullifying what takes place later. Strange storytelling decision.

Jesus I think this will be the third thread I’m posting about this show at. We need to pick one. 

So this is not a boba Fett movie?  I'm lost. 
BST put the comment about Mandalorian in the title - The Mandalorian is the new Disney+ series released today and has nothing to do with the Boba Fett movie save they are both about bounty hunters from the same tribe.  When I did a search for "Mandalorian" this thread came up so I was just suggesting since it had already been talked about that he just make it the official Mandalorian thread.

Jesus I think this will be the third thread I’m posting about this show at. We need to pick one. 
I agree - I didn't want to start a new one seeing as there were several options out there.  I'm fine with using the Disney+ thread.  Maybe @DJackson10 - will rename the thread title to just make it more generic

I don't know if it was mentioned up thread or not, but the animated series "Rebels" spends a decent amount of time with the Mandalorians. One of the main characters is a Mandalorian. It's worth a watch if you want extra background on this series I imagine - though I don't know where this series fits in the timeline in relation to the Rebels series.

It was good, not great. I think it did a good job kind of setting the tone though for the series. 

I don’t get how the fob thing was able to track a 50yr old baby and didn’t understand the whole journey to get to that random fortress hiding him. 

It was good, not great. I think it did a good job kind of setting the tone though for the series. 

I don’t get how the fob thing was able to track a 50yr old baby and didn’t understand the whole journey to get to that random fortress hiding him. 
The way I interpreted that was that they only had four numbers from the fob. I'm assuming that it meant that they couldn't get a precise read on the bounty's coordinates. It would only get him close. Say to the a region on that planet to explore. I believe they offered last known coordinates and a fob that would get him close to where the county is now. It wasn't much to go on, but the man hiring him basically said, "for someone of your skill, that shouldn't be a problem."

Is this the thread were using to discuss this show?

Did Yoda have a baby?  Is that what we're seeing?  And in my old age, I can't remember: Is Yoda like a race of people?  Did we see more like him in the prequels?  Or was he a one off, which would seem odd.

Also, loved it.  Thought it was amazing.  I never thought I'd see the day that Horatio Sanz was in a Star Wars joint. :lol:

Oh, and when I saw Nick Nolte's name in the credits, I can honestly say I didn't know who he was.  Which character was he?  I looked up in IMDB but didn't recognize the name.  Was he the guy who taught him how to ride?  Because that guy looked like Jax's dad from SOA.  

I don't know if it was mentioned up thread or not, but the animated series "Rebels" spends a decent amount of time with the Mandalorians. One of the main characters is a Mandalorian. It's worth a watch if you want extra background on this series I imagine - though I don't know where this series fits in the timeline in relation to the Rebels series.
Clone Wars has a couple of Mandalorian arcs too, very solid.

In terms of the timeline, Rebels starts about 5 years before A New Hope, The Mandalorian is about 5 years after Return of the Jedi. 

I missed Rebels when it aired, very excited to run through that over the next few weeks. 

I'm sure I can get this answered from teh Googlez, and it's probably a dumb question to begin with...... but do we automatically get Disney+ with our Fire Stick, or do I have to do something magical to sign up?

Footnote:  I never use the Fire Stick and I hardly even watch my "big" TV in the living room, thanks to the kids and my wife :lol:     .... I have an extra TV in the "office" that I watch 99.9% of the time.

Users who are viewing this thread