What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Can we discuss pet peeves here? (3 Viewers)

Unsalted cashews. Why?

Bought a whole bag of them not reading the fine print. This is going to be a chore.

Unsalted cashews. Why?

Bought a whole bag of them not reading the fine print. This is going to be a chore.
You can add salt. I know, not the same, but still. Also use em to make a pesto or in some indian dish or some ****

Yeah, I could do that. Complaining is just so much easier.

Also, probably better for fat guys like me to cut out all salt.
Buy some cocoa powder wet the cashews just ever slightly put powder and cashews into a Ziploc bag. Shake and enjoy!

Unsalted cashews. Why?

You can add salt. I know, not the same, but still. Also use em to make a pesto or in some indian dish or some ****

Buy some cocoa powder wet the cashews just ever slightly put powder and cashews into a Ziploc bag. Shake and enjoy!

balsamic vinegar and confectioner's sugar (powdered sugar)

I prefer salt to sweet. I don't want these to taste like candy, I want them to drive me to drink more beer.
Shark move I’ve discovered… I’m a Spanish peanut lover and have found that Kroger has the freshest , but very lightly salted. I drizzle a little peanut oil on them and salt with popcorn salt. Shake and whalah! Delish!
One of my pet peeves is people who don't know how to spell voila. :laugh:
Or pronounce it: "Wah-lah!"

At the other extreme, people who overpronounce foreign words. I once met a woman who would pronounce every foreign city the way the locals do: "Ham-BOREsh", "Bar-theh-loan-ah", "Boo-da-pesht", etc. If you're talking about some obscure foreign town that no one's heard of, fine, use the native pronunciation. But "Paris" and "Rome" are English words, so don't try to show off with "Pa-REE" and "RO-ma"
Can't have a discussion on overpronunciation without linking to one of SNL's all-time best sketches: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWMp_z7Jnxw

Last edited:
At the other extreme, people who overpronounce foreign words. I once met a woman who would pronounce every foreign city the way the locals do: "Ham-BOREsh", "Bar-theh-loan-ah", "Boo-da-pesht", etc. If you're talking about some obscure foreign town that no one's heard of, fine, use the native pronunciation. But "Paris" and "Rome" are English words, so don't try to show off with "Pa-REE" and "RO-ma"
By contrast, when it comes to foreign names, I'm a stickler for trying to get it right. I spent three years in Budapest, Hungary, and even when I was speaking in English, I made a point to call any Roberts or Jozsefs I met "ROW-bairt" and "YO-zhef". My feeling is that your name is your name, and I wouldn't want them calling me the Hungarian version of my name, so why should I Anglicize theirs?

Then I moved to Miami and it totally blew up my system. When I meet a Jorge, it's 50/50 whether he uses the Spanish pronunciation or just goes by "George". And don't get me started on whether to call women named Laura "LAH-oo-rah"

Unsalted cashews. Why?

Unsalted cashews. Why?

Unsalted cashews. Why?

I prefer salt to sweet. I don't want these to taste like candy, I want them to drive me to drink more beer.
Shark move I’ve discovered… I’m a Spanish peanut lover and have found that Kroger has the freshest , but very lightly salted. I drizzle a little peanut oil on them and salt with popcorn salt. Shake and whalah! Delish!

What names do they use for the countries (if they bother talking about the countries)? It would be good schtick to respond to, "I was in Hungary just last month - Boo-da-pescht is wonderful" with something like, "Oh, yes, I just love Magyarország."

Unsalted cashews. Why?

Unsalted cashews. Why?

Unsalted cashews. Why?

What names do they use for the countries (if they bother talking about the countries)? It would be good schtick to respond to, "I was in Hungary just last month - Boo-da-pescht is wonderful" with something like, "Oh, yes, I just love Magyarország."
What do the do for city names that are way different? There's no city named "Cologne" in Germany. It's "Köln" people.

Unsalted cashews. Why?

Unsalted cashews. Why?

Unsalted cashews. Why?

What do the do for city names that are way different? There's no city named "Cologne" in Germany. It's "Köln" people.
I'll bet any amount of money she would have said Koln.

Been hearing the word “tranche” being throwing around in corporate America lately
:stab:
That's been in my work world for several years. When they first started using it I was like "say what now?" but it's a thing. We're now on tranche 12.x of tranche infinity.

Been hearing the word “tranche” being throwing around in corporate America lately
That's been in my work world for several years. When they first started using it I was like "say what now?" but it's a thing. We're now on tranche 12.x of tranche infinity.
Wasn’t tranche real popular during the 2008 mortgage issue? I feel like investment tranches, asset tranches were common terms.

Wasn’t tranche real popular during the 2008 mortgage issue? I feel like investment tranches, asset tranches were common terms.
Possibly so. Seems to be often related to financial transactions.

Possibly so. Seems to be often related to financial transactions.

It was in a presentation like

Tranche 1 - underpants
Tranche 2 - :shrug:
Tranche 3 - profit

We recently received the latest tranche from our investor.

'Tranche' is like one of my favorite words
I'm in the investor relations world and we use "tranche" all the time.

yeah, i first recall hearing tranche regularly in the middle 90s when i first got in to the finance world

Cleaning the inside windshield of my car without streaks showing. Tried multiple products and cloths, with no luck.
Worlds Best Glass Cleaner

Best stuff evah

no link?
Sorry. I put in a link and it said “robot or human” so I deleted it. Weird
That happened to me too. Seems you can't just paste a link anymore but have to use the link icon and give it an actual title.

Probably something the powers that be did to combat the bots.

Cleaning the inside windshield of my car without streaks showing. Tried multiple products and cloths, with no luck.

Best stuff evah

no link?
That happened to me too. Seems you can't just paste a link anymore but have to use the link icon and give it an actual title.

Thanks. Idk how to do that. Every post i ever made on here was on my phone if it matters

Best stuff evah

no link?

Thanks. Idk how to do that. Every post i ever made on here was on my phone if it matters
The icon at the top of the posting box - looks like two intertwined links/circles - next to the Smilie icon. Click it, paste your link in the first field, description the second. Press save.

Best stuff evah

no link?

The icon at the top of the posting box - looks like two intertwined links/circles - next to the Smilie icon. Click it, paste your link in the first field, description the second. Press save.

Thanks!

Yukon for a team not based in Canada.
All-time tweet from an HR manager:
Seriously? This candidate went to the University of Connecticut and identifies it on her resume as YUKON?!

Related: When Darius Slay was a rookie, he admitted he was initially confused as to why the coaches kept talking about Lamborghinis. Eventually he realized they were talking about a road game at Green Bay :lmao:
me: "what does a Lamborghini have to do with Green Bay??"

reads article: "oooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Lambo, like the kicker!"

WTH does "tranche" mean? I have never heard that term.

It's a synonym for "gluten"

Think of it like waves on an ocean only for money. For example, you have a million bucks you want to invest over the course of a week, targeting the same securities. Instead of buying it all at once, you allocate $250,000 as your first 'tranche' to buy these securities. You're attempting to buy the securities without disrupting the market and forcing prices to move quickly or chase higher prices. The 2nd tranche of $250,000 would come later, then a third and then your final 'tranche' to complete. It's coming in waves rather than a tsunami.

Not sure if that helps at all.

Users who are viewing this thread