What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Rashee Rice, KC (1 Viewer)

I wonder if Rice left the scene because he was driving under the infuence and needed to sober up. Just a theory.
Or maybe he left the scene because he forgot to put on deodorant?

Or maybe he left the scene because he abducted Mahomes' 3rd cousin and was holding him for ransom in his hidden basement/sump room/Starburst counterfetting lab until Mahomes threw him more TD passes?

Theories suck, stick with what's known.
I agree ...Speculation sucks.... but Rice was at a Bowling Alley ... was he drinking ?? I don't know .. but most Bowling Alleys serve beer/alcohol.
It was an "ASSumption" and it was based on perception in society today.

Yes, there is nothing concrete to prove/disprove he was under the influence, but I wager the cameras at the Alley will show if he was drinking.
It’s only “speculation” because he ran away like a coward. If he had stuck around like he should have, there wouldn’t be any “speculation”.

He was drunk or high most likely which is why he ran. No other reason to leave your corvette and your rental laying on the side of the road. I feel fine “speculating” about that. Rice doesn’t deserve any benefit of the doubt after running away from his actions.

can they not bloodtest him, legally?

obv the booze would be gone, but he could/would still test positive for any drug in the game.

EDIT: right now on Google News’ aggregation site, Rashee Rice doesn’t make ‘Page 1’ of even the Sports stories.

This morning, I went to Google News' Sports page specifically so that sports news wasn't having to compete with national and international news for screen space. Even there, the Rashee Rice story is eighth in line behind four NCAA women's hoops stories, Vontae Davis' passing, NFL draft, and fantasy baseball.

EDIT: Wow -- not on ESPN.com's home page at all as I write this post. Not even in the small-text mini-headlines at the right.

EDIT2: Fox Sports does have it in the mini-headlines, but not listed among its Featured Stories.

EDIT3: SI.com? Nada.

Last edited:
Amelia Mugavero
NEW DETAILS: I was able to track down the owners of a Lamborghini that was involved in Saturday’s crash. The car came from a luxury rental car company in Dallas, which rented out the Lamborghini to Rashee Rice this weekend. Both the Lamborghini and the corvette that caused the crash are registered to Rice. The company says Rice was the only person who should have been driving the Lamborghini. Authorities accuse the drivers and passengers in those cars of leaving the scene without checking if anyone was okay. @CBSNewsTexas
So from this info he had to be driving both cars.
No. That's not what it says at all.
I will say this though with 100% conviction, insurance companies won't go easy on this. If Rice is the only one legally insured for this he's going to owe a fortune with this accident - likely more than his rookie contract.

Add in the legal fees as well and this is becoming a doozy.

Amelia Mugavero
NEW DETAILS: I was able to track down the owners of a Lamborghini that was involved in Saturday’s crash. The car came from a luxury rental car company in Dallas, which rented out the Lamborghini to Rashee Rice this weekend. Both the Lamborghini and the corvette that caused the crash are registered to Rice. The company says Rice was the only person who should have been driving the Lamborghini. Authorities accuse the drivers and passengers in those cars of leaving the scene without checking if anyone was okay. @CBSNewsTexas
I will say this though with 100% conviction, insurance companies won't go easy on this. If Rice is the only one legally insured for this he's going to owe a fortune with this accident - likely more than his rookie contract.

Yeah, insurance companies don’t get rich being nice guys about claims.

I wonder if Rice left the scene because he was driving under the infuence and needed to sober up. Just a theory.

Or maybe he left the scene because he abducted Mahomes' 3rd cousin and was holding him for ransom in his hidden basement/sump room/Starburst counterfetting lab until Mahomes threw him more TD passes?

Laws are put in place specifically for fleeing a scene to try to prevent this from happening. Add in a multi-car crash on a highway and you tell me how it looks?

Wonder what the car rental company/insurance thinks about this? You think they want to pay out for the damages/liabilities on a 6 vehicle crash where Rice fled the scene?

If Rice is lucky he settles in court. If he's lucky his insurance will cover this but fleeing a scene and at least one of the cars registered to him was driven by someone else.

I think he's going to be lucky if he comes away from this with any money left.

Amelia Mugavero

Hope Rice read the fine print.

Amelia Mugavero

Hope Rice read the fine print.
Most people don’t so I have my doubts. I’m sure the rental company is thrilled that their high end vehicle was F ed up and abandoned on the side of the road. They will probably just let it slide, right? 🤔

Last edited:

What’s known is he fled the scene of an accident his car caused which also resulted in injuries, which is against the law and it is not a good look on his part. All we’re left with beyond that are theories, and I can’t think of a good reason why he’d leave the scene apart from knowing he did something wrong and panicked. Theories are all we have in the absence of facts, like them or not, until more of those facts come to light.

can they not bloodtest him, legally?

obv the booze would be gone, but he could/would still test positive for any drug in the game.
I think they have to "catch him behind the wheel" to determine if a BAC or Operating Vehicle under influence / Impaired can be tested.
Days later, they can "ask" but his lawyer should flat out push that away declining, no reason to do it...

On a side note... Would the NFL "Random Drug Testing" carousel push him to a more frequent visitor to the spectator bathroom interview?

What’s known is he fled the scene of an accident his car caused which also resulted in injuries, which is against the law and it is not a good look on his part. All we’re left with beyond that are theories, and I can’t think of a good reason why he’d leave the scene apart from knowing he did something wrong and panicked. Theories are all we have in the absence of facts, like them or not, until more of those facts come to light.
OK, but it’s now 2 1/2 days later and some of the potential facts such as sobriety are changed. If he was drinking or high, what were the levels at the time of the accident? Will never be known now because he ran away.

I guess people are right when they say he did the smart thing by taking off if indeed he was drunk or high. Too bad that the smart thing wasn’t the right thing.

There are two types of people, one that man-up and take account for their actions. One that would stick around the scene to ensure everyone was ok, especially in a multi-car accident THEY caused.

Then there are the guys that flee the scene after an accident they caused....

I honestly hope they throw the book at him (legally and NFL) and the people he caused injury to (and damages to) get all his money going forward. I have no time for a guy like him.

Ok, I've wasted enough time on this scrub.

Amelia Mugavero
My post was mainly in humor, but, to explain. The rental agreement said only he could drive the Lambo. I'm guessing his prevailing insurance said only he can drive the Corvette and not some tooled up, drunk friend of his he met at the bowling alley.

Not a crazy assumption to make that in the eyes of the law here if he wasn't driving both cars then he is in trouble anyways for this. If he was driving one he still is. Either way, he cannot claim not to have been driving at least one of the cars.

sorry....but it is possible that he wasn't driving either vehicle.....we haven't heard anything confirmed yet.....he was letting someone else drive at least one of the cars....why wouldn't it be possible for him to allow someone to drive the other....as of right now him not being a driver is still a possibility and the biggest part of this situation IMO.....you can talk all you want about leaving the scene and what that says about your character....but the only real issue is was he driving one of the vehicles....period....because if he wasn't ...."leaving the scene" really becomes legally a nothing burger....

eta:....if a vehicle that is registered to you is involved in an accident and you aren't supposed to leave because of that .....I get it....but I'm not sure everyone really knows that....I think some would innocently enough assume that if I wasn't driving I don't have to stick around, even if it was my vehicle....that is a "problem to be figured out later" type of thing,....

Last edited:
Amelia Mugavero
My post was mainly in humor, but, to explain. The rental agreement said only he could drive the Lambo. I'm guessing his prevailing insurance said only he can drive the Corvette and not some tooled up, drunk friend of his he met at the bowling alley.

Not a crazy assumption to make that in the eyes of the law here if he wasn't driving both cars then he is in trouble anyways for this. If he was driving one he still is. Either way, he cannot claim not to have been driving at least one of the cars.

sorry....but it is possible that he wasn't driving either vehicle.....we haven't heard anything confirmed yet.....he was letting someone else drive at least one of the cars....why wouldn't it be possible for him to allow someone to drive the other....as of right now him not being a driver is still a possibility and the biggest part of this situation IMO.....you can talk all you want about leaving the scene and what that says about your character....but the only real issue is was he driving one of the vehicles....period....because if he wasn't ...."leaving the scene" really becomes legally a nothing burger....

eta:....if a vehicle that is registered to you is involved in an accident and you aren't supposed to leave because of that .....I get it....but I'm not sure everyone really knows that....I think some would innocently enough assume that if I wasn't driving I don't have to stick around, even if it was my vehicle....that is a "problem to be figured out later" type of thing,....
And leave your Corvette and rental just sitting on the side of a highway? Hard to believe even the biggest idiots would think that’s OK and something to figure out later.

Amelia Mugavero

And leave your Corvette and rental just sitting on the side of a highway? Hard to believe even the biggest idiots would think that’s OK and something to figure out later.
like many have said....unfortunately leaving the scene may have been the smartest decision these guys made....Rice included....they get to sit back for a bit....lawyer up ahead of time and decide how they can control at least some of the narrative....they don't have that option if they stay....and Rice is probably in the financial bracket where leaving those wrecked vehicles there isn't really a concern.....and yeah, can be figured out later....

Amelia Mugavero

I've been thinking about this more and the reason why I think the NFL should lay the hammer to Rice, whether driving or not, whether legal or not, is that he had no regard for human life. I'm not even talking about the reckless action of what caused the wreck, but leaving the scene without seeing if everyone was alright shows a reckless disregard for human life. Does the NFL want this to be an example of what it wants to represent their product? They need to set an example to other players they will not put up with that kind of behavior. To me, leaving the scene without caring about the health of those the accident that he was a part of caused, was the worse thing he could have done. If the NFL doesn't come down hard on him, then they are showing the world they don't care to set an example for all their players.

Last edited:
Amelia Mugavero

like many have said....unfortunately leaving the scene may have been the smartest decision these guys made....Rice included....they get to sit back for a bit....lawyer up ahead of time and decide how they can control at least some of the narrative....they don't have that option if they stay....and Rice is probably in the financial bracket where leaving those wrecked vehicles there isn't really a concern.....and yeah, can be figured out later....
Smart because he was drunk or high and now has the booze or drugs out of his system? 👍

Not a cynical person, but if he wasn’t driving, he could have immediately controlled the narrative by sticking around. If he was driving but not drunk or high, he could have stayed and people (myself included) would have gone with the narrative that it was a stupid mistake and fortunately nobody got hurt. Move on. But he left and if you are saying he actually thought about the strategy of leaving, it wasn’t a spur of the moment mistake. His lawyer claiming his thoughts are with the victims of the accident is just insulting. His thoughts are with himself clearly.

Amelia Mugavero

I've been thinking about this more and the reason why I think the NFL should lay the hammer to Rice, whether driving or not, whether legal or not, is that he had no regard for human life. I'm not even talking about the reckless action of what caused the wreck, but leaving the scene without seeing if everyone was alright shows a reckless disregard for human life. Does the NFL want this to be an example of what it wants to represent its product? They need to set an example to other players they will not put up with that kind of action from their players. To me, leaving the scene without caring about the health of those the accident that he was a part of caused, was the worse thing he could have done. If the NFL doesn't come down hard on him, then they are showing the world they don't care to set an example for all their players.
while I agree with much of this....when it comes to the bolded.....you could probably come up with a pretty long list of other examples and ask the same question...

Amelia Mugavero

Smart because he was drunk or high and now has the booze or drugs out of his system? 👍

Not a cynical person, but if he wasn’t driving, he could have immediately controlled the narrative by sticking around. If he was driving but not drunk or high, he could have stayed and people (myself included) would have gone with the narrative that it was a stupid mistake and fortunately nobody got hurt. Move on. But he left and if you are saying he actually thought about the strategy of leaving, it wasn’t a spur of the moment mistake. His lawyer claiming his thoughts are with the victims of the accident is just insulting. His thoughts are with himself clearly.
yep....never said I agreed with the decision.....but I could see why one might make it....especially if I had something to "hide"....but now it will be up to others to figure out what I may have been "hiding"....unless I decide to admit it....

My guess is the actual legal **** becomes a plea deal and a bunch of admin and not much. But NFL ban is at least a year and Chiefs feel/are pressured to release him.
This is my thought also.. After the Andy Reid son stuff and the prior incident by players (Hunt and Hill to name a few), I think KC will cut their losses here fast after a suspended is handed down. Time will tell.

I read tonight, both cars that were racing were registered to Rice. The Lambo and Corvette.
Toast.

KC should move on as this get’s clarified legally. This is gonna be a huge mess for Rice.

Plain stupid.

Last edited:
Amelia Mugavero

I've been thinking about this more and the reason why I think the NFL should lay the hammer to Rice, whether driving or not, whether legal or not, is that he had no regard for human life. I'm not even talking about the reckless action of what caused the wreck, but leaving the scene without seeing if everyone was alright shows a reckless disregard for human life. Does the NFL want this to be an example of what it wants to represent its product? They need to set an example to other players they will not put up with that kind of action from their players. To me, leaving the scene without caring about the health of those the accident that he was a part of caused, was the worse thing he could have done. If the NFL doesn't come down hard on him, then they are showing the world they don't care to set an example for all their players.
while I agree with much of this....when it comes to the bolded.....you could probably come up with a pretty long list of other examples and ask the same question...
Oh there is a laundry list including but not limited to

Wife beating
Choking pregnant girlfriends

Leaving the scene of a major accident......and showing absolutely no regard for human life.......IMO he is toast. Done like dinner.

It’s not going to end well. And if the NFL tolerates this crap I have to start really questioning the owners and commissioner for harboring and condoning this kind of character in their league. I am already incensed with how light they are on proven domestic violence cases......guys who beat woman (and are proven to have beaten women) should be banned from playing professional sports.

Period. There is absolutely no place for domestic violence. And that goes for women athletes too. Yeah...they beat up men too.....LOL.

Amelia Mugavero

This seems extreme, considering how the NFL has handled much worse situations in the past.

Amelia Mugavero

This seems extreme, considering how the NFL has handled much worse situations in the past.
Things need to change in the NFL and NBA........those two leagues IMO are far too loose on stuff like this.

Rice very well could be an example of a harsher punishment matrix moving forward. At some point you gotta star dropping the hammer.

Time will tell.

Amelia Mugavero

Wife beating

Leaving the scene of a major accident......and showing absolutely no regard for human life.......IMO he is toast. Done like dinner.

It’s not going to end well. And if the NFL tolerates this crap I have to start really questioning the owners and commissioner for harboring and condoning this kind of character in their league. I am already incensed with how light they are on proven domestic violence cases......guys who beat woman (and are proven to have beaten women) should be banned from playing professional sports.

Period. There is absolutely no place for domestic violence. And that goes for women athletes too. Yeah...they beat up men too.....LOL.
The other elephant in the room is that we also immediately consider "how good are they?" (talent wise). It would be nice if that didn't matter.

Amelia Mugavero

Things need to change in the NFL and NBA........those two leagues IMO are far too loose on stuff like this.

Rice very well could be an example of a harsher punishment matrix moving forward. At some point you gotta star dropping the hammer.

Time will tell.
I agree with the sentiment. But between those 2 leagues it seems the only changes that are being made are the ones that generate more cash for each respective league.

The NFL is way worse on this than the NBA b/c they claim a lot of changes are "Due to player safety" but also won't spend extra money to get grass on EVERY field as well as I guess no matter what, we are getting Christmas games every year moving forward, even it the games are on a Wednesday like this year.

And the also seem to treat certain teams/superstars with different sets of rules (See Patriots/SpyGate/All footage deleted) than the perennial bottom feeding organizations.

And right now, the Chiefs are the ones that will get all the breaks.

Its a business, thru and thru and in America, Money comes 1st 2nd and 3rd.

Amelia Mugavero

Wife beating

The other elephant in the room is that we also immediately consider "how good are they?" (talent wise). It would be nice if that didn't matter.
Yeah.....the double standard for stars vs JAG’s.....it's insane man. Brutally appalling.

Amelia Mugavero

Time will tell.
I agree with the sentiment. But between those 2 leagues it seems the only changes that are being made are the ones that generate more cash for each respective league.

The NFL is way worse on this than the NBA b/c they claim a lot of changes are "Due to player safety" but also won't spend extra money to get grass on EVERY field as well as I guess no matter what, we are getting Christmas games every year moving forward, even it the games are on a Wednesday like this year.

And the also seem to treat certain teams/superstars with different sets of rules (See Patriots/SpyGate/All footage deleted) than the perennial bottom feeding organizations.

And right now, the Chiefs are the ones that will get all the breaks.

Its a business, thru and thru and in America, Money comes 1st 2nd and 3rd.
1000% agree.

The Sheild is truly the evil empire now. It is the good ol boys club of billionaire owners making up their own rules in their own universe......**** everyone else. Sounds like something else here too but I won’t get political LOL.

Brutal.

For the "Those 2 leagues" folks - it is really endemic to other organizations and leagues as well unfortunately. Look at the Hockey Canada scandal and how long it has taken anything to come about for the players in that.
-QG

For the "Those 2 leagues" folks - it is really endemic to other organizations and leagues as well unfortunately. Look at the Hockey Canada scandal and how long it has taken anything to come about for the players in that.
-QG
For better or worse … cash is king all over.

I decided to do my own 30-second investigation, using the videos/pictures that are out there for everyone to see. Here is what I have come up with so far:

- There were 4 guys combined in the Corvette and Lambo
- 3 of the guys exited the Lambo, meaning one 1 guy was in the Corvette
- The guy in the orange shirt HAS to be the Corvette driver, because he wasn't one of the guys who exited the Lambo
- The guy in the orange shirt IS NOT Rice, so he has to be one of the three in the Lambo

Update - I just watched a TMZ video, where one of the drivers involved says there were 5 guys - https://www.tmz.com/2024/04/01/rash...rating-family-before-crash-victim-speaks-out/

Last edited:
I decided to do my own 30-second investigation, using the videos/pictures that are out there for everyone to see. Here is what I have come up with so far:

- The guy in the orange shirt HAS to be the Corvette driver, because he wasn't one of the guys who exited the Lambo
- The guy in the orange shirt IS NOT Rice, so he has to be one of the three in the Lambo

Update - I just watched a TMZ video, where one of the drivers involved says there were 5 guys - https://www.tmz.com/2024/04/01/rash...rating-family-before-crash-victim-speaks-out/
She’s seems like she had a pretty good grasp of the situation. Didn’t embellish anything and stuck to the facts.

Rice is the 2nd person to exit the Lamborghini on the passenger side. Guess we know who was driving now.

The witness shooting the video was classic. “They friggin just left a Lamborghini and Corvette”.

Last edited:

She’s seems like she had a pretty good grasp of the situation. Didn’t embellish anything and stuck to the facts.

Rice is the 2nd person to exit the Lamborghini on the passenger side. Guess we know who was driving now.

The witness shooting the video was classic. “They friggin just left a Lamborghini and Corvette”.
Switch shirts :)

Based on the video, Rice seems to be the driver of the Lambo. We clearly see 3 guys exit - 2 from the front passenger and 1 from the back passenger - as you said, he is the second one to exit from the front. But, the female witness said there were 5 guys. He could've been in either car, right?

Switch shirts :)
One of the guys did, hahaha
He went from a white shirt to a black hoodie

The lady is correct - there sure were 5 guys instead of 4, as clearly shown in the video
The first useful information since the news broke was your break down. So with 5 guys now involved do you have any idea where Rice was now?
I'm not sure what you are trying to get at. Just say it or don't say anything at all. Rice was involved, he was one of the 5 - you can see it in the video.

The lady is correct - there sure were 5 guys instead of 4, as clearly shown in the video
The first useful information since the news broke was your break down. So with 5 guys now involved do you have any idea where Rice was now?
I'm not sure what you are trying to get at. Just say it or don't say anything at all. Rice was involved, he was one of the 5 - you can see it in the video.
Lots of speculation that usually leads to nothing. Winz breaking down the video actually helped with knowing what vehicle he was in and what vehicle he definitely wasn't driving.
Him as a passenger is night and day different than him driving.

Lots of speculation that usually leads to nothing. Winz breaking down the video actually helped with knowing what vehicle he was in and what vehicle he definitely wasn't driving.
Rice was 100% in the Lambo, not the Corvette. But based on the video of when each person exited the Lambo, he may very well have been the driver. I am sure his lawyer will say he was a passenger.

Rice was 100% in the Lambo, not the Corvette. But based on the video of when each person exited the Lambo, he may very well have been the driver. I am sure his lawyer will say he was a passenger.
I didn't know if since there was 5 now instead of 4 if him being second out meant he may not be that driver.

Except he climbed out of the front passenger side AFTER another person did so unless someone was driving from the backseat, Rice was driving.

They better be careful if they start saying he wasn’t driving if he was. Everyone has a cell phone and video may be still out there. Being caught lying would make this even worse.

I don’t think the lawyer will say Rice was a passenger, unless he was actually a passenger. I also don’t think the lawyer will let Rice admit to being the driver either. It’s up to the DA to be able to prove Rice was driving.. It does appear, without a shadow of doubt, that Rice was the only person legally authorized to be driving the Lamborghini, which is the reason he wasn’t driving his corvette I would think. More than likely, as others have mentioned, a plea agreement will probably happen.

I don’t think the lawyer will say Rice was a passenger, unless he was actually a passenger. I also don’t think the lawyer will let Rice admit to being the driver either. It’s up to the DA to be able to prove Rice was driving.. It does appear, without a shadow of doubt, that Rice was the only person legally authorized to be driving the Lamborghini, which is the reason he wasn’t driving his corvette I would think. More than likely, as others have mentioned, a plea agreement will probably happen.
Plea agreement shouldn’t matter to the NFL commissioner on this one.

Users who are viewing this thread