What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Cedric Tillman, CLE (1 Viewer)

I like him a lot just not sure where or how he fits in 2023 on the Browns or on my FF rosters.

I'm a 'gut drafter' to some degree, and my gut is unsettled about Watson at this time. The buzz about Tillman serves to reassure me that the Browns have surrounded Watson with many capable weapons and promising depth, that I'm feeling more optimistic that he'll resemble 2020 Watson more than 2022 Watson, at least in terms of the things he has no control over. Stefanski/solid offensive scheme/play calling (check, IMHO, at least), O-Line (check), surrounding skill-position cast (check), Watson himself delivering (?).

I'm trying hard not to spend the capital required to have a premium QB (usual suspects Hurts, Mahomes, Allen, Jackson, Burrow) on any Rosters across many Leagues. I'd very much like to add Watson, with confidence, to the second tier of stand-alone qb's (Herbert, Fields, Lawrence). Up until now, I've found myself optioning out of Watson and into a semi-premium platoon group (Smith, Cousins, Dak, Rodgers). Jury still out for me on Jones, Tua, Richardson, Wilson, Goff...but I digress.

For what it's worth.

I like him a lot just not sure where or how he fits in 2023 on the Browns or on my FF rosters.

I'm a 'gut drafter' to some degree, and my gut is unsettled about Watson at this time. The buzz about Tillman serves to reassure me that the Browns have surrounded Watson with many capable weapons and promising depth, that I'm feeling more optimistic that he'll resemble 2020 Watson more than 2022 Watson, at least in terms of the things he has no control over. Stefanski/solid offensive scheme/play calling (check, IMHO, at least), O-Line (check), surrounding skill-position cast (check), Watson himself delivering (?).

I'm trying hard not to spend the capital required to have a premium QB (usual suspects Hurts, Mahomes, Allen, Jackson, Burrow) on any Rosters across many Leagues. I'd very much like to add Watson, with confidence, to the second tier of stand-alone qb's (Herbert, Fields, Lawrence). Up until now, I've found myself optioning out of Watson and into a semi-premium platoon group (Smith, Cousins, Dak, Rodgers). Jury still out for me on Jones, Tua, Richardson, Wilson, Goff...but I digress.

For what it's worth.
My gut says that Watson is going to approach his 2020 form. Watson has looked great so far in camp. We'll see how it goes in his first pre-season game, but all signs pointing up for Watson this year.

Tillman is still looking at 4th WR at best. Their top 3 have also looked good so far this camp.

Cedric Tillman caught 2-of-3 targets for 50 yards in Thursday’s preseason game against the Eagles.
The third-round rookie is now up to six grabs for 92 yards through the Browns’ first three preseason contests. Cleveland’s top draft choice in a truncated class this spring, Tillman has been turning heads with “wow” plays all training camp. The highlight Thursday evening was a 36-yard grab where he used a double move to obliterate Justin Evans’ coverage before making a catch in tight quarters. A good fit with Deshaun Watson’s deep-game skill-set, Tillman deserves to be kept on watch lists in 12-team re-draft leagues.

Everything has been positive about him this off-season, I am just not sure where he fits in the offense. A lot of targets to spread around to Cooper, Moore, Njoku, DPJ… I like the talent, but seems congestive.

Everything has been positive about him this off-season, I am just not sure where he fits in the offense. A lot of targets to spread around to Cooper, Moore, Njoku, DPJ… I like the talent, but seems congestive.

I view him as a Cooper handcuff but otherwise my only interest in him is as a hold for next season. DPJ's contract is up and they save an enormous amount of cap money cutting or trading Amari. It may be congested now, but the path is clear for him if he's up to it.

DPJ gone mean more Cedric?
DPJ led all Browns WRs in snaps but only had 18 targets total in 7 games. Not a very fantasy friendly role if so. Tillman does seem like the immediate successor though so he's worth keeping an eye on to see how they use him.
Probably right, although if dynasty better to be early than late. I assume Cooper is not back and if Tillman can make good on his opportunities there might be some value there going forward.

Oh god I might be starting this guy in my final. Someone talk me out of it. Other option Mingo.

Thoughts on him now?
I think he has some upside. But Jeudy seems like a similar wr to me. The fact they went and got him I’m not sure that’s a good sign for Tillman. I would hate to have to guess to depth chart right now. He’s a hold for me now and I surely regret passing on that second round offer I got early last year

Reactions: Bri
I'd like to see him at TE. He's got size & body control.
He weighs 215lbs. He'd have to gain at least 20lbs to play the position effectively, probably a lot more given the lack of technique he'd need to compensate for. That's not really doable without notably compromising on speed and ability.

Doesn't seem worth the effort

Users who are viewing this thread