What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 Philadelphia Eagles - DeVante Parker joins Kelce and Fletch as beloved Eagles that retired this offseason. (8 Viewers)

Just watched the entire press conference.

THE best part of that speech was in the whole speech, he had a hard time keeping it together, with his voice quivering as he recounted memories and such. Taking pauses as he thought of things and stories and people who he played and worked with.

BUT, when he started talking about Philly, and the people, and the mentality, and the soul of Philadelphia, his voice was STRONG. Unwavering....with a steely resolve. It was almost like he was standing up and shouting about Philly with the strength he showed there.

And THAT is when you know - he's one of you Philly fans. He is just as ingrained into Philly as any of you are. Because he laid his heart and soul and abilities for all of you to see for 13 years.

And that's the kind of man Philly fans will root for until your graves.
Kelce might have been directly talking to these guys when he said "Some players can't handle it here"

It’s obviously pre draft, but seems like you guys are losing some good players.

What is your pre draft expectations for next season. Contender? Quick reset? I can’t image you guys are in rebuild mode?

Last edited:

What is your pre draft expectations for next season. Contender, quick reset, can’t imaging in rebuild mode?
Expectations are that
Cox retires (had a decent year last year, but he is 34)
Kelce is in the booth (can't lie he's not gonna be "replaced" so there will be some drop off in talent no matter what)
The Kelce replacement, Jurgens moves to Center
The 2 first round DTs we took in the previous 2 drafts try to fill the void
Howie goes ham via trades and free agency
We add S/LB help

What is your pre draft expectations for next season. Contender, quick reset, can’t imaging in rebuild mode?
For me, very similar to last year. Both coordinators are replaced (on paper, both upgrades) and there are plenty of holes on defense to fill. That being said, as of now I'm assuming contender in the NFC. Mainly because who else is there? Cowboys, 49ers, and....

Eagles never really played a great game and still started 10-1 somehow. The hope is better coaching and a better Hurts and they contend once again. I have faith in the team to find players to fill the gaps.

The Broncos will take on $85 million in total dead cap by releasing Russell Wilson, which will be the largest dead cap hit in NFL history. The previous largest dead cap hit was Matt Ryan’s $40.525M dead cap hit with the Falcons in 2022.

Remember when we freaked out over the $33M Wentz dead cap? Chump change.
That trade was so bad. I always knew Russ was a complete fraud too. Guy on old Phillies forum swung off that guys nuts constantly. He’s one of of the very few cases where I wanted to tell someone “I told them so”. He had a decent run with Lockett and Metcalf but the key to that team for yrs was Lynch and the Defebse. Also for the first 5-7 yrs guys on offense left Sea and did much better elsewhere. Didn’t elevate many game

The Broncos will take on $85 million in total dead cap by releasing Russell Wilson, which will be the largest dead cap hit in NFL history. The previous largest dead cap hit was Matt Ryan’s $40.525M dead cap hit with the Falcons in 2022.

Remember when we freaked out over the $33M Wentz dead cap? Chump change.

And they traded players and picks for him. Anyone could see he was declining. That's an all time level bad move. At least wentz was still playing well when we paid him
And reports had come out before the trade he was a lockerroom malcontent

For me, very similar to last year. Both coordinators are replaced (on paper, both upgrades) and there are plenty of holes on defense to fill. That being said, as of now I'm assuming contender in the NFC. Mainly because who else is there? Cowboys, 49ers, and....

Eagles never really played a great game and still started 10-1 somehow. The hope is better coaching and a better Hurts and they contend once again. I have faith in the team to find players to fill the gaps.
We were 10-1 thanks to talent on the roster plus we relied on dumb player/coach IQ and other mishaps from opposing teams.

I said last year we were lucky we had the talent we do because this team could’ve easily been below .500.

So apparently Jalen Hurts moved to the area in the last year. Lives down the street from John LeClair. Was talking to a realtor friend about Jason and we started talking about others in the area who lived here. No sure how long ago he moved in though.

What is your pre draft expectations for next season. Contender? Quick reset? I can’t image you guys are in rebuild mode?
Absolutely a contender. Cam Jurgens was literally handpicked by Kelce to be his replacement. There will be a drop off there, but not as bad as everyone is making it out to be. RG is a hole that needs to be filled and as someone mentioned above I could see them going after Runyan Jr.

Like everyone else, I think their FA focus will be on S and LB, though that market seems to be drying up.

I think their draft focus will be both lines. I could actually see them grabbing Xavier Worthy with their first round pick to replace Quez, which would be a pretty amazing WR3.

I could also see them going after one of the FA stud RB's as well. There are so many really good guys out on the street this year that I think it will depress their value more than it already is. Don't get me wrong I really like Swift and think he was grossly underutilized last year generally and in the passing game specifically. Just saying if Howie could slide a Saquon or Henry into that back field, HFS that would be a monster offense. Probably won't happen, but dare to dream.

I think we are 100% contenders. Jalen needs to improve. I think the addition of Moore is going to help him immensely as well as being a year removed from the post-Super Bowl, $250 million contract atmosphere. Super Bowl or Bust baby.

Absolutely a contender. Cam Jurgens was literally handpicked by Kelce to be his replacement. There will be a drop off there, but not as bad as everyone is making it out to be. RG is a hole that needs to be filled and as someone mentioned above I could see them going after Runyan Jr.

Like everyone else, I think their FA focus will be on S and LB, though that market seems to be drying up.

I think their draft focus will be both lines. I could actually see them grabbing Xavier Worthy with their first round pick to replace Quez, which would be a pretty amazing WR3.

I could also see them going after one of the FA stud RB's as well. There are so many really good guys out on the street this year that I think it will depress their value more than it already is. Don't get me wrong I really like Swift and think he was grossly underutilized last year generally and in the passing game specifically. Just saying if Howie could slide a Saquon or Henry into that back field, HFS that would be a monster offense. Probably won't happen, but dare to dream.

I think we are 100% contenders. Jalen needs to improve. I think the addition of Moore is going to help him immensely as well as being a year removed from the post-Super Bowl, $250 million contract atmosphere. Super Bowl or Bust baby.
Nice post - thanks

I mean, Detroit, Green Bay, Rams, Tampa...

My season tickets went up $10/game. Not bad.
Mine went up $20, to $270 per seat per game. They’ve now gone up $125 since 2017!

At least there’s 9 home games and only 1 preseason.
You're going to Brazil???

No. When I do away trips I use Green Legion, but their Brazil trip was like 10 days in 3 different cities. That's the way to do that type of trip, but I don't have the time to do that.

As an aside, on the Green Legion website there's a video of a riverboat filled with Eagle fans. I was on that boat. That was our trip to Nashville (I highly recommend). We took a boat ride up the river and docked at the stadium. There was a catered breakfast and dinner for the trip. Don't remember if it was a cash bar (probably was).

No. When I do away trips I use Green Legion, but their Brazil trip was like 10 days in 3 different cities. That's the way to do that type of trip, but I don't have the time to do that.

Yeah if I’m going out of country for a game I’m doing it big. Like I now have friends in true UK/Italy and Spain. My cousin lives in Germany for a bit so had the Eagles gotten one of those games my other cousin (his brother) and I would’ve done a trip over there. With cost in travel cheap once over there we’d have gone to Paris and quick ride to Milan since my favorite soccer club had home matches both those weeks and another match that were different days of football games.

But yeah the Brazil trip you need to do like a 10 day thing or something similar. I just don’t have time or the money for that. Already taking close to 3 weeks off in July-start of aug for brothers wedding then going to FL with my GF to meet her other side of her family.. then barely a month later I’m gone again for another 10 days? If I still have this current job not sure they’d like that and my one coworker I work with consistently goes on vacation around that time every year as it’s their birthday. If I have a new job by then doesn’t leave a good first impression. I got the time vacation wise to do it at my current job. Just the money and logistic doesn’t work.

Also I realized I’m missing the Phillies yankee series and the blink 182 concert at WF are both during my FL trip so I got to tell someone I can’t go to either now. Whoops

Anyone here NOT want the Eagles to pursue Justin Simmons, who was just released by the Broncos? He's 30, but is the perfect age to sign, develop/rehab Sid Brown.

Not to mention his familiarity in the Fangio scheme as well as the fact his best years of his career were under Vic.

@RealdGunn

According to sources the Eagles and Brandon Graham are still negotiating a one year deal for what will be his 15th and final NFL season… shows you how much respect eagles have for BG.. rarely does a D end play his entire career with one team ….

Anyone here NOT want the Eagles to pursue Justin Simmons, who was just released by the Broncos? He's 30, but is the perfect age to sign, develop/rehab Sid Brown.

Not to mention his familiarity in the Fangio scheme as well as the fact his best years of his career were under Vic.

I don't, would rather have CJGJ. Don't need another long in the tooth safety. We need stitches at safety, not a band aid.

I don't, would rather have CJGJ. Don't need another long in the tooth safety. We need stitches at safety, not a band aid.
I'm with ya. My dream is Xavier McKinney personally. Too many options it seems to not be successful with an addition at this position.

I mean, Detroit, Green Bay, Rams, Tampa...
Detroit are a nice story, still not sold on the QB or coach during gameday. GB I'm very intrigued by and should probably have included. TB, again QB. Do we believe Mayfield is really it and will he even stay?

Main point is there are no slam dunk teams in the NFC that should scare anyone and prevent the Eagles from contending again.

Ya, we will lose some guys for sure, but I'd hope our injury/luck, etc bounces back a little from how bad it was this year (was great the year before), and lands somewhere in the middle.

I think we will be better than last year, but not 10-1 good. I'd say between 10 and 12 wins, and another down to the wire race with the Cowboys for the div title/wild card spot.

Howard Eskin reporting that Eagles are interested in pursuing Saquon Barkley. :popcorn:

ETA: Also still reporting that they are trying to get something done with CJGJ.
Do not want Barkley at all unless it’s a 1 year prove it deal. The dude is built like glass and most of his injuries are away from Meadowlands so can’t blame the turf for his injury issues. Get me Mattison, resign swift and draft a guy

Also what was probably said was he was asked on radio would they and he said yeah if XYZ were to happen. It was then spun Eagles have interest in Barkley

Last edited:
NFLPA grades for teams. Eagles report card

This is interesting. Seems like the Coach is far more liked than some media/fans like to talk about.

• 100% of players feel that head coach Nick Sirianni is efficient with their time (1st overall)
  • The players feel that Nick Sirianni is very willing to listen to the locker room (7th overall)

That being said, it starts going south his *** is gone

This is interesting. Seems like the Coach is far more liked than some media/fans like to talk about.

• 100% of players feel that head coach Nick Sirianni is efficient with their time (1st overall)
  • The players feel that Nick Sirianni is very willing to listen to the locker room (7th overall)

That NFLPA voting was completed by week 11, which was the KC game, before the season fell apart. Wonder how he would have fared if the voting was done after the season completed.

That NFLPA voting was completed by week 11, which was the KC game, before the season fell apart. Wonder how he would have fared if the voting was done after the season completed.

seems like something that should be done after the season. not half way through

Ahhh. Ya I bet that changes a ton of things. Hard to complain much when you're 10-1.

Howard Eskin reporting that Eagles are interested in pursuing Saquon Barkley. :popcorn:

ETA: Also still reporting that they are trying to get something done with CJGJ.
Do not want Barkley at all unless it’s a 1 year prove it deal. The dude is built like glass and most of his injuries are away from Meadowlands so can’t blame the turf for his injury issues. Get me Mattison, resign swift and draft a guy

Also what was probably said was he was asked on radio would they and he said yeah if XYZ were to happen. It was then spun Eagles have interest in Barkley
No, he volunteered it out of nowhere. Took the hosts by surprise. Say what you will about Eskin but he’s definitely dialed into the inner workings of the birds.

And I’ll say this, if Barkley is looking for $10 million + per year, then yeah I’m out. If we can get him for $7-8 million per year on a three year deal then I don’t know why anyone would not want him. FYI he grades out as a top 3 pass blocker.

And more recent reports is that he has interest in playing here. It’s no secret that he was unhappy with how the NYG treated him. I could see him wanting to stick it up their *** twice a year.

Finally he’s been great on a team with a garbage qb, terrible oline, bad coach, etc. imagine what his talent could produce in this offense.

Eagles having trade talks for Reddick and sweat too

Ian Rapoport

@RapSheet

In summary: The #Eagles are having trade calls for DE Josh Sweat and edge Haason Reddick also has permission to facilitate a trade. A really interesting situation to watch on the Philly defense as they rework themselves for 2024.

I can’t say I’d be very enthusiastic about Hassan AND Sweat AND Fletcher all leaving. Like, are we just not going to pressure the opposing QB next year?

Per John Clark

The Eagles are making their leading pass rushers Haason Reddick and Josh Sweat available in trades and will trade them if they get good offers. The Eagles were reportedly not happy with their production in the second half of last season during the collapse. 

Users who are viewing this thread