What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

PRO BOWL (1 Viewer)

Where are the helmets and tackles? I remember looking forward to the Pro Bowl. Seeing players from the Colts playing with the Colts helmet on, in the AFC uniform. Especially in the 70s. I’m surprised this can be passed off to the public as entertainment. That game used to mean something and being afraid of getting hurt wasn’t a thing.

Why bother?

Last edited:
Where are the helmets and tackles? I remember looking forward to the Pro Bowl. Seeing players from the Colts playing with the Colts helmet on, in the AFC uniform. Especially in the 70s. I’m surprised this can be passed off to the public as entertainment. That game used to mean something and being afraid of getting hurt wasn’t a thing.

Why bother?
On this episode of how NOT to protect your investment...

Robert Edwards suffered a career-ending injury in a flag football game that precluded the 1999 Pro Bowl.

Was just in here and was going to type this, but I figured against it. Bad mojo. I hope none of the guys on my dynasty squads get hurt doing this fluffery.

I sadly gave them a view yesterday. The wife and I were cleaning out our closets and I turned the pro bowl on for some background noise. 100% agree it is unwatchable.

I wonder if they can just do the skills competition and scrap the game.
First time a star player tears an ACL they will.
Robert Edwards suffered a career-ending injury in a flag football game that precluded the 1999 Pro Bowl.
Yup and they played it at the beach on sand. He came back four seasons later to play for the Dolphins but wasn't the same and retired right after.

ugh. tough to watch. not even a random shot of Swift. Just no thank you and a lot of please no. que: the double down for next year.

2020 was the last real game with pads and helmets from what I was reading, honestly I didn't know.
I might have watched the Pro Bowl in the 80s into the early 90s but once I reached adulthood, just better things to do than watch meaningless football.

2020 was the last real game with pads and helmets from what I was reading, honestly I didn't know.
I might have watched the Pro Bowl in the 80s into the early 90s but once I reached adulthood, just better things to do than watch meaningless football.
This is 100 percent true. What was shown on Sunday though was not even a kissing cousin to Football. It was awful. Just scrap it all. Seriously.

This is 100 percent true. What was shown on Sunday though was not even a kissing cousin to Football. It was awful. Just scrap it all. Seriously.

Give the players a trip to Hawaii and do a meet-and-greet with the fans for three hours. That would satisfy everybody. The players get their paid vacation and the fans get something.

Win-win and nobody approaches getting hurt.

Give the players a trip to Hawaii and do a meet-and-greet with the fans for three hours. That would satisfy everybody. The players get their paid vacation and the fans get something.

Win-win and nobody approaches getting hurt.
Actually I read somewhere that the players took a vote a few years ago and chose Orlando over Hawaii. I think the vote was influenced by family who wanted Disney World over a beach.
And living here I can tell you the players were all over the area not only doing events for the Pro Bowl but meeting fans and working with charities.

Actually I read somewhere that the players took a vote a few years ago and chose Orlando over Hawaii.

I didn't even know it was in Orlando. That shows how much I follow it. I thought they were still going to Hawaii.

Orlando, then. It's settled.

Haha. I think they switched from hawaii like 5 years ago

Wow. Yeah, I couldn't have cared less about the Pro Bowl and where it was for a while now. Just give me the Super Bowl. Last Pro Bowl I remember was Strahan and company line dancing to "I Like The Way You Move" by OutKast during the game.

I stopped paying any attention after those charades.

Haha. I think they switched from hawaii like 5 years ago

Wow. Yeah, I couldn't have cared less about the Pro Bowl and where it was for a while now. Just give me the Super Bowl. Last Pro Bowl I remember was Strahan and company line dancing to "I Like The Way You Move" by OutKast during the game.

I stopped paying any attention after those charades.

It's garbage. But sadly the only football that was left

We had it on as background noise for like 10 minutes. Saw a couple of cool plays. The players seemed to be having fun. Who cares.

Users who are viewing this thread