What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 Philadelphia Eagles - 30 years ago, from the makers of V.I. Warshawski (37 Viewers)

The game after the Steelers fired Matt Canada,
Kenny Pickett vs. the Bengals
24 completions33 attempts278 yards72.7% completion percentage8.4 yards/attempt
for a 97.8 passer rating.
He got hurt the next game after that in which he was 7 for 10 for 70 yards (no picks).

Pickett is absolutely awful.

He might be less awful in the Eagles system but he's still nowhere near the level of a starting QB in this league.

If Hurts goes down and Pickett is next man up, your season is over.
I agree, But I think you would say that about basically anyone at backup QB here. What QB could they have gotten in any scenario that you wouldn’t say that about.
BDN

Pickett never got a chance
I figured someone would try to suggest this. You can tell yourself this to make it seem like he's a player worth having on your roster if it makes you feel better.

Pickett never stood a chance because he is awful. Within the same system he lost his job to Mason Rudolph and Mitch Trubisky at various points, who are also both awful.

At least you know who your starter is so there'll never be any expectation for him to play.

The Steelers just replaced Pickett with a guy who lost his job to Jarrett Stidham. That guy was so bad, his former team said they'd rather take a $53M cap hit this year and a $32M cap hit next year just to get rid of him. That's who Pittsburgh is STARTING next season.
Yep and both of you could be correct. Maybe Pickett’s ceiling is a quality back up who’s capable of holding down the fort for a few games if the starter misses time.

I won’t pretend to have paid attention to anything Pittsburgh did or their OC. I think it’s pretty well documented that both sucked. Guys like Goff, Mayfield, Gino Smith etc all sucked too 🤷‍♂️. Maybe Pickett looks awful or maybe he lives up to some potential. Time will tell
It’s telling that every QB from that draft has basically been traded or never got off the bench.

Wait…they gave up a 3rd?!?? for Pickett??

Wow
Wait…they have up a 3rd?!?? for Pickett??

Wow
No. HTH
ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports Pittsburgh will receive a third-round pick (No. 98) and two 2025 seventh-round picks.
Part of that report is the Steelers are sending pick 120 back. Weird how you intentionally left that part out.

On a different note, what kind of comp pick do you hope the Giants get for letting Saquon walk without a contract to sign with your favorite rival, the Eagles?

Wait…they gave up a 3rd?!?? for Pickett??

Wow
Wait…they have up a 3rd?!?? for Pickett??

Wow
No. HTH
ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports Pittsburgh will receive a third-round pick (No. 98) and two 2025 seventh-round picks.
Part of that report is the Steelers are sending pick 120 back. Weird how you intentionally left that part out.

On a different note, what kind of comp pick do you hope the Giants get for letting Saquon walk without a contract to sign with your favorite rival, the Eagles?
He's the biggest troll here.

Eagles sign Kellen Moore: Cowboys fans rush in here saying how awful he was/is and that it was a bad move.
Eagles sign Saquon Barkley: Giants fans rush in here saying how awful he was/is and that it was a bad move.
Eagles sign Devin White: Bucs fans rush in here saying how awful he was/is and that it was a bad move.
Eagles get Kenny Pickett: Steelers fans rush in here saying how awful he was/is and that it was a bad move.

It's wild lol.

Eagles sign Kellen Moore: Cowboys fans rush in here saying how awful he was/is and that it was a bad move.
Eagles sign Saquon Barkley: Giants fans rush in here saying how awful he was/is and that it was a bad move.
Eagles sign Devin White: Bucs fans rush in here saying how awful he was/is and that it was a bad move.
Eagles get Kenny Pickett: Steelers fans rush in here saying how awful he was/is and that it was a bad move.

It's wild lol.
It reminds me of eagles fans when CJGJ left. But you dont mention that

I don't understand how this Kenny Pickett trade is bad for the Eagles. At the very worst you got one of the better back up QBs in the league by moving down 20ish spots and two 7th round picks. There is a chance Pickett develops and gets some game action, performs well and the Eagles flip him or get a comp pick back.

It's wild lol.

As dumb as it is almost all fans are this way. Lion fans loved CJGJ last year, then picked off Mayfield in the playoffs and it was great, then they collapsed again the 49ers and it was get this trash talking piece of crap out of here.

I don't understand how this Kenny Pickett trade is bad for the Eagles. At the very worst you got one of the better back up QBs in the league by moving down 20ish spots and two 7th round picks. There is a chance Pickett develops and gets some game action, performs well and the Eagles flip him or get a comp pick back.
this. NOBODY would be excited or happy about signing Pickett to compete to start. But at that price as a #2? Great move. He's got enough experience to understand whats what, and still has at least some upside. Worst case he's an average to above average backup who comes dirt cheap. If he weren't a starter in the recent past for another franchise he wouldn't even have garnered 6 posts in here, let alone dominated 2 pages

It's wild lol.
I don't mention that because you made it up. Went and looked and there wasn't a single post in the Lions thread by Eagles fans about them signing CJGJ.

Nice attempt though? Actually it was pretty horrible.

It's wild lol.
I don't mention that because you made it up. Went and looked and there wasn't a single post in the Lions thread by Eagles fans about them signing CJGJ.

I remember a few fans that said good riddance when CJGJ signed with the Lions. I don't remember who though.

It's wild lol.

I remember a few fans that said good riddance when CJGJ signed with the Lions. I don't remember who though.
Correct. My post was about opposing fans coming to another team's thread to immediately bash their former player.

It's wild lol.
There was a not insignificant section of eagles fans that were pissed when Howie let him walk. Just an fyi.

It's wild lol.
There was a not insignificant section of eagles fans that were pissed when Howie let him walk. Just an fyi.
Same goes for the not insignificant section of eagles fans here that were not pissed about it. 🤷🏻‍♂️

It's wild lol.

Correct. My post was about opposing fans coming to another team's thread to immediately bash their former player.
I guess I could’ve pointed this out before, but the eagles thread on this free public message board is not just for eagles fans opinions. FYI

Sorry others hurt your feelings occasionally

It's wild lol.

Here's our thread from last year:

CJGJ signed and the discussion begins on pg. 13. The sentiment was that people wanted him back and were not happy he left, but resigned to the fact that we couldn't bring everyone back.

Worst TD percentage of any QB in NFL history with at least 500 pass attempts.
Tell me about his OC
The OC didn’t have him spinning into sacks and locking into receivers and never taking a chance.
I highly doubt you understand how read progressions happen on an NFL level and the role an OC’s play calling for a young QB plays into that.

He threw a td on less than 2% of his passes. The lowest in nfl history for qbs with at least 500 attempts. He was a 25 year old rookie who had 1 good 5th year senior season. Matt Canada was terrible. Pickett wasn’t any better.

It's wild lol.
Same goes for the not insignificant section of eagles fans here that were not pissed about it. 🤷🏻‍♂️
You’re trying way too hard

Russini

Former 49ers LB Oren Burks is signing a 1-year deal with the Philadelphia Eagles worth up to $2.5M, per source. Burks is a special teams standout who started 5 games in 2023 for SF.

It's wild lol.

CJGJ signed and the discussion begins on pg. 13. The sentiment was that people wanted him back and were not happy he left, but resigned to the fact that we couldn't bring everyone back.
He will ignore this because... boo eagles.

Last edited:
I like the Pickett move. QB Factory is back in business!

No team gets better ROI by flipping QBs than the Philadelphia Eagles.

2 years left on his rookie deal too.

And we have a OC that can hopefully develop him some.
Anything is possible but aside from one really exceptional year at Pitt he has not been good. I wish him well, just glad he isn't on the Steelers anymore.
He’s awful. One of the worst in the league. He’s not accurate, poor awareness, lacks a super strong arm and not even mobile. I watched so many highlights of his senior year at Pitt and most of his passes were first reads where Addison was running 5 yards past the D back. He seems to have lost his accuracy and mobility in the NFL. I’m glad the Steelers got anything for him.
I don’t get either of these moves from Pitt. Russ is on his last legs. I get wanting to rid of Pickett but it’s like swapping explosive diarrhea out for less violent form of the samething.
Do you honestly believe that Pickett/Trubisky/Rudolph is superior to Wilson/Fields?

The Steelers dramatically improved at QB and it came at a bargain basement price, they moved up 20 spots to turn a 4th round pick into a 3rd in 2024 and acquired two 7th round picks in 2025.

We just traded for Kenny Pickett!? Lol what? 🤣🤣🤣
I've done a week-to-week deep dive on Kenny Pickett this offseason, and I came away thinking some team should absolutely trade for him, as soon as Wilson was signed. Of course it'd be Philly. Awesome move, he's super underrated and a lot better than his numbers. Matt Canada made Luke Getsy look like Bill Walsh as a play caller. I came away thinking the Steelers were downgrading to Russ, and I don't hate Russ. Kellen Moore might be just the OC for Pickett's game.

Awesome move. Pickett will be a top-of-the-line backup, with lots of upside if forced into action. I also like McKee as a prospect, Philly might have the best overall QB room in the league.

Really? I have never seen anything about him I liked. Talk me into it
He makes good decisions with the ball and has pretty good mobility (though he needs to slide, he's not Hurts) he doesn't have a strong arm and is too quick to check down (though a better OL might change that, his best games were the ones he attacked downfield) he also had his best game the week after Canada was fired, only to get hurt the next game.

I'm not saying the Steelers just traded some Franchise guy, but I came away thinking the playcalling was worse than the QB play. I highly doubt the Steelers would have gotten a wildcard if they hadn't fired Canada, and I don't think Rudolph played better than Pickett did, I think he had better playcalling, and an easy schedule facing 2 non-playoff teams, and the Ravens backups, and I think Rudolph is decent too.

Pickett played some good games against the Ravens, Rams and Raiders early in the season, and made some big throws in all of those games. He was awful against the 49ers and Browns, but so were a lot of QBs last year. I think he's an upgrade from Mariota at the very least, and I think its reasonable to call him an upgrade from 2022 Minshew as well, who was turnover prone in his Eagles starts.
If you don’t think Rudolph played better than Pickett I don’t know what to say.

It's wild lol.
Ok I don’t recall it being that many folks but if anyone knows Eagles fans it’s you.

It's wild lol.

He will ignore this cause... boo eagles.

Didn't I just compliment the Eagles move for Pickett?

It's wild lol.

Yep, wasn't referring to you haaha

It's wild lol.

Yep, wasn't referring to you haaha

My bad.

Anything is possible but aside from one really exceptional year at Pitt he has not been good. I wish him well, just glad he isn't on the Steelers anymore.
He’s awful. One of the worst in the league. He’s not accurate, poor awareness, lacks a super strong arm and not even mobile. I watched so many highlights of his senior year at Pitt and most of his passes were first reads where Addison was running 5 yards past the D back. He seems to have lost his accuracy and mobility in the NFL. I’m glad the Steelers got anything for him.
I don’t get either of these moves from Pitt. Russ is on his last legs. I get wanting to rid of Pickett but it’s like swapping explosive diarrhea out for less violent form of the samething.
Do you honestly believe that Pickett/Trubisky/Rudolph is superior to Wilson/Fields?

The Steelers dramatically improved at QB and it came at a bargain basement price, they moved up 20 spots to turn a 4th round pick into a 3rd in 2024 and acquired two 7th round picks in 2025.

I like Fields, but there is something seriously wrong with Russell Wilson. I get "bad teammate" vibes from him, like guys in the locker room won't like him. Guys like that, you're better off keeping away from your team.

I've done a week-to-week deep dive on Kenny Pickett this offseason, and I came away thinking some team should absolutely trade for him, as soon as Wilson was signed. Of course it'd be Philly. Awesome move, he's super underrated and a lot better than his numbers. Matt Canada made Luke Getsy look like Bill Walsh as a play caller. I came away thinking the Steelers were downgrading to Russ, and I don't hate Russ. Kellen Moore might be just the OC for Pickett's game.

Awesome move. Pickett will be a top-of-the-line backup, with lots of upside if forced into action. I also like McKee as a prospect, Philly might have the best overall QB room in the league.

He makes good decisions with the ball and has pretty good mobility (though he needs to slide, he's not Hurts) he doesn't have a strong arm and is too quick to check down (though a better OL might change that, his best games were the ones he attacked downfield) he also had his best game the week after Canada was fired, only to get hurt the next game.

I'm not saying the Steelers just traded some Franchise guy, but I came away thinking the playcalling was worse than the QB play. I highly doubt the Steelers would have gotten a wildcard if they hadn't fired Canada, and I don't think Rudolph played better than Pickett did, I think he had better playcalling, and an easy schedule facing 2 non-playoff teams, and the Ravens backups, and I think Rudolph is decent too.

Pickett played some good games against the Ravens, Rams and Raiders early in the season, and made some big throws in all of those games. He was awful against the 49ers and Browns, but so were a lot of QBs last year. I think he's an upgrade from Mariota at the very least, and I think its reasonable to call him an upgrade from 2022 Minshew as well, who was turnover prone in his Eagles starts.

Isn't that a tough comparison to make since most of Pickett's body of work was with Canada as the OC. If you don't think the OC matters, just look at the difference of the Eagles offense going from Steichen to Johnson. The Eagles scored 40 less points and had 600 less yards with virtually the same personnel.

If Pickett is good enough to go 2-2 in the middle of the season if Jalen Hurts goes down.....that's good enough for me. Nick Foles aside....I don't think there's many backup QBs that are coming in and taking their team to the playoffs. If Hurts goes down; the season is over.

That being said, with how cheap Justin Fields was moved for...is the Pickett signing an indicator of the O that Moore would like to run? In past years, Hurts and Fields were comprable in their skillset and it would have made sense that, if Hurts was to go down, you'd want his backup to be able to run a good portion of the playbook. With them prioritizing Pickett instead of Fields (and I don't know if they were in on Fields.....but I have to believe they could have gotten him if they wanted) I'd image their playbook is going to be not quite what we'd expect from a Jalen Hurts led offense.

Isn't that a tough comparison to make since most of Pickett's body of work was with Canada as the OC. If you don't think the OC matters, just look at the difference of the Eagles offense going from Steichen to Johnson. The Eagles scored 40 less points and had 600 less yards with virtually the same personnel.
You have to watch him. The play calling was bad, but he just is not good.

If Pickett is good enough to go 2-2 in the middle of the season if Jalen Hurts goes down.....that's good enough for me. Nick Foles aside....I don't think there's many backup QBs that are coming in and taking their team to the playoffs. If Hurts goes down; the season is over.

That being said, with how cheap Justin Fields was moved for...is the Pickett signing an indicator of the O that Moore would like to run? In past years, Hurts and Fields were comprable in their skillset and it would have made sense that, if Hurts was to go down, you'd want his backup to be able to run a good portion of the playbook. With them prioritizing Pickett instead of Fields (and I don't know if they were in on Fields.....but I have to believe they could have gotten him if they wanted) I'd image their playbook is going to be not quite what we'd expect from a Jalen Hurts led offense.

I think fields is also not good so I don't mind not getting him. It's all about the money. Pickett will be cheaper over the next 2 years. Which is most likely the major reason we got him. I'm betting both will be out of the league in 3 years or so.

I think fields is also not good so I don't mind not getting him. It's all about the money. Pickett will be cheaper over the next 2 years. Which is most likely the major reason we got him. I'm betting both will be out of the league in 3 years or so.

No chance, guys like Blaine Gabbert, Josh Johnson,Chad Henne, and Brian Hoyer had long careers as back ups. I would bet everything I own they are both still in the league in 3 years unless they have a career ending injury.

You have to watch him. The play calling was bad, but he just is not good.

In Howie we trust.

When it comes to overall lockerroom yeah I do. Wilson is a fraud person. Nice on cameras but a douchbag and bad teammate behind the scenes. If I were a team rehabbing Fields Russ would be one of my last choices to mentor. Fields is a good athlete terrible QB. Steelers aren’t going anywhere anyway. I’m not the biggest Hurts fan in the world and Russ rumors were swirling here from Sea I wanted zero part of Wilson then or now and you can ask anyone if this thread that and they’ll tell you how true that is.

Matt Canada should be sentenced to death by the football gods for offensive malpractices in Pitt. Steelers didn’t do picket any favors. Rudolph Pickett Trubisky isn’t the end of the world team really isn’t competing anyway. If you wanted to get rid of Pickett fine by Rudolph trubisky as a bridge isn’t terrible. The rumors after Pickett left talking to my sources I known and reading between the lines it sounds like a lot of CYA PR ******** by Pitt. Trying not to take any accountability on lack of success by Pickett.

I like Fields, but there is something seriously wrong with Russell Wilson. I get "bad teammate" vibes from him, like guys in the locker room won't like him. Guys like that, you're better off keeping away from your team.
I talked to a few people on why Pickett wanted out. Russ sent Pickett a text about let’s work together but it was in a condenscendinf douchy way oh oh btw you’re riding the bench. This PO’d Pickett because:

1 some new guy is coming to your team who just got cut elsewhere for being a bad teammate and is on a soap box hypocrisy

2 KP was told there was competition and no clear choice. His agent and him went to Pitt with who said yeah Russ is our starter. So Pitt lied to him.

But yeah Russ has always been a fake. Front of cameras he’s that super nice guy media loves and people think is great. The people I talk to around Russ, associated former teammates coaches etc all sai he’s a Dbag and he’s a fake.

I’ll put it this way in terms eagles fans can understand. The stuff I heard about Russ makes all the Wentz stuff that happened here look like Childs play. He didn’t want to play ball with Payton in Den and Sean has no issue paying him that $35m to go play somewhere else. What does that really tell ya about this guy, a coach was willing to do that and team owner signed off on it? Not good look for Russ.

The whole back up should be similar to the starter playing style is one of the biggest myths in the nfl. Multiple coaches and scouts I’ve talked to over the yrs laugh when I’ve brought it up. Even players think it’s crazy.

It’s more of a luxury type thing than a huge need.

Users who are viewing this thread