What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL*** 2024 Cakeboy League - I guess the draft has started. (2 Viewers)

18.13 nana takes ANDREW BENINTENDI OF CWS

18.14 EUGENIO SUAREZ 3B ARZ
19.01 WILLI CASTRO MIN 2B/3B/OF

texted nana

19.03 GM JP Crawford .380 OBP SS SEA
Big fan of this pick. I have too many SS as is, but was tempted.

He doesn't really do much but getting on base and that's good. He's the heartbeat of the team, very well loved and I can watch him play regularly which I like. Won't like it when Seattle starts off ice cold and is 10 games under .500 but maybe by July it'll be fun. But by then I'll have 10th place locked up, so.....

He doesn't really do much but getting on base and that's good. He's the heartbeat of the team, very well loved and I can watch him play regularly which I like. Won't like it when Seattle starts off ice cold and is 10 games under .500 but maybe by July it'll be fun. But by then I'll have 10th place locked up, so.....
I like stories like his where "JP spent the entire offseason at Driveline Baseball, an extensive motion capture lab to improve his swing". Guys just out there, already one of the top 1% still grinding to get better.

I like stories like his where "JP spent the entire offseason at Driveline Baseball, an extensive motion capture lab to improve his swing". Guys just out there, already one of the top 1% still grinding to get better.

Wonder if he took some swings off Shane Bieber who was also there this off-season. :thumbup:

19.07 - Willson "Not My Brother" Contreras - C - STL

I was going to take this guy like 5 rounds ago and kept going another way. Glad he is still here. Willing to bet he outplays his little brother.

@cheese

I was going to take this guy when I took a catcher too, but I prefer gambling on young guys who had a few spasms of goodness for a couple of weeks late in the summer when nobody was watching and are probably career minor leaguers but what's the fun in selecting a sure thing? HUH? GAMBLE!!!!!!

19.07 - Willson "Not My Brother" Contreras - C - STL

I was going to take this guy like 5 rounds ago and kept going another way. Glad he is still here. Willing to bet he outplays his little brother.

@cheese

I was going to take this guy when I took a catcher too, but I prefer gambling on young guys who had a few spasms of goodness for a couple of weeks late in the summer when nobody was watching and are probably career minor leaguers but what's the fun in selecting a sure thing? HUH? GAMBLE!!!!!!

#SweatYourCatchersforProfit

C - MJ Melendez - Anytime you get chance to select a power hitting OF with C eligibility, you have to jump at it. This guy has 20/20 written all over him and he's my catcher!
1B - Pete Alonso - A lot of people are saying he's a polar bear because he possesses the bear's strength. What they don't know is that this perennial MVP candidate gets his name for having the heart of a bear.
2B - Edouard Julien - OBP of .400 is a lock, as is power and speed. He's a first round talent going in the 11th. BUT NOT FOR LONG!
SS - JP Crawford - Another OBP behemoth who spent his offseason getting even better. 100 runs by Sept. 8th.
3B - Gunnar Henderson - You gotta have a set of brass balls to carry around a name like Gunnar and this kid has a set destined for Cooperstown. AL MVP consideration at minimum.
CI - Justin Turner - Oh, he's old? YOU'RE OLD! Did you hit 23 HRs and plate 95 when you were 38 years old? No. Shut up and watch Big Red circle bases.
MI - Ezequiel Tovar - Post hype sleeper, this kid is sitting on a big year. After a year of seasoning in the bigs, he's poised to breakout and run wild in Denver.
OF - Christian Yelich - Hot moms produce MVPs and that's what Yelich is.
OF - Evan Carter - Wunderkind set the world on fire in the playoffs. What's next looms large.
OF - Marcel Ozuna -Not a guy you'd want your daughter to wed, but he now takes his anger out on baseballs and he hits them far and hard.
OF - Max Kepler -Surprised one of our many Minnesota Twins' fans in here left him for me. What a bargain!
OF - Brent Rooker - The beauty about playing in Oakland is that nobody knows any of their stars. Make no mistake, Rooker is a STAR with a capital S.
UTIL - Shohei Ohtani - Nothing needs to be said here. He's about to embark on 50/30 which would be good.
UTIL - Developing

SP - Zac Gallen - Saved the K in his first name for the sort of outs he likes to get in the Bigs. 200K minimum. Bet.
SP - Bobby Miller - Could hear the collective groans from far and wide as I stole this arm from the rest of you.
SP - Michael King - Not a lot of people know about this guy, but he's good.
SP - Shane Bieber - A lot of people forgot about this guy, but don't make that mistake if you play in other leagues. He's been trying real hard this spring.
SP - Tristen McKenzie - One need only look back to 2022 when Tristen dominated the dojo.
RP - Andres Munoz - If he don't get a save he will get a hold. He holds on like an REM lyric.
RP - Developing

"He's been trying real hard this spring." had me literally laughing so hard I had to shut my office door.

Also, with that kind of team review, you are clearly going to keep all the dollars and bitcoins sent to you.

OF - Marcel Ozuna -Not a guy you'd want your daughter to wed, but he now takes his anger out on baseballs and he hits them far and hard.
UTIL - Developing
Hey buddy. Ozuna will lose his OF eligibility on opening day, and he ain’t getting it back. So move him to utility with Shohei please.

C - MJ Melendez - Anytime you get chance to select a power hitting OF with C eligibility, you have to jump at it. This guy has 20/20 written all over him and he's my catcher!
1B - Pete Alonso - A lot of people are saying he's a polar bear because he possesses the bear's strength. What they don't know is that this perennial MVP candidate gets his name for having the heart of a bear.
2B - Edouard Julien - OBP of .400 is a lock, as is power and speed. He's a first round talent going in the 11th. BUT NOT FOR LONG!
SS - JP Crawford - Another OBP behemoth who spent his offseason getting even better. 100 runs by Sept. 8th.
3B - Gunnar Henderson - You gotta have a set of brass balls to carry around a name like Gunnar and this kid has a set destined for Cooperstown. AL MVP consideration at minimum.
CI - Justin Turner - Oh, he's old? YOU'RE OLD! Did you hit 23 HRs and plate 95 when you were 38 years old? No. Shut up and watch Big Red circle bases.
MI - Ezequiel Tovar - Post hype sleeper, this kid is sitting on a big year. After a year of seasoning in the bigs, he's poised to breakout and run wild in Denver.
OF - Christian Yelich - Hot moms produce MVPs and that's what Yelich is.
OF - Evan Carter - Wunderkind set the world on fire in the playoffs. What's next looms large.
OF - Max Kepler -Surprised one of our many Minnesota Twins' fans in here left him for me. What a bargain!
OF - Brent Rooker - The beauty about playing in Oakland is that nobody knows any of their stars. Make no mistake, Rooker is a STAR with a capital S.
UTIL - Shohei Ohtani - Nothing needs to be said here. He's about to embark on 50/30 which would be good.
UTIL - Developing

SP - Zac Gallen - Saved the K in his first name for the sort of outs he likes to get in the Bigs. 200K minimum. Bet.
SP - Bobby Miller - Could hear the collective groans from far and wide as I stole this arm from the rest of you.
SP - Michael King - Not a lot of people know about this guy, but he's good.
SP - Shane Bieber - A lot of people forgot about this guy, but don't make that mistake if you play in other leagues. He's been trying real hard this spring.
SP - Tristen McKenzie - One need only look back to 2022 when Tristen dominated the dojo.
RP - Andres Munoz - If he don't get a save he will get a hold. He holds on like an REM lyric.
RP - Developing
i'm doing a write-up for all the teams. Can you post your starters instead of your backups for me here? thx

Users who are viewing this thread