What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

⚽ Soccer Match-day Thread (7 Viewers)

6th tier Maidstone up 2-1 over Ipswich with 20+ minutes left (FA Cup) - on ESPN+
Did I read correctly that this win and advancement by Maidstone is something that has not been done in a 100 years?
You're going to have to be more specific as to what you mean hasn't been done in 100 years. If you're talking about a level 6 club, Blyth Spartans did so in the 70s
not sure what I mean. I just saw a headline that said "not done in a 100 years..". The article was not specific about what the headline meant.

6th tier Maidstone up 2-1 over Ipswich with 20+ minutes left (FA Cup) - on ESPN+
Did I read correctly that this win and advancement by Maidstone is something that has not been done in a 100 years?
You're going to have to be more specific as to what you mean hasn't been done in 100 years. If you're talking about a level 6 club, Blyth Spartans did so in the 70s
not sure what I mean. I just saw a headline that said "not done in a 100 years..". The article was not specific about what the headline meant.
I was going to say Sargent getting laid, but apparently that ship has sailed.

@OptaJoe

2 - Luton have gone 2-0 ahead in two minutes and 17 seconds against Brighton; in Premier League history, only Leicester v Derby in April 1998 (2-0 in the opening two minutes) have ever scored twice earlier from the start of a match. Rabbit.
Did it end up 180-0?
Close since goals at home by Luton count more than normal goals do.

Luton have now won 3 straight, although two of those came in the FA Cup. One point clear of the drop and they have a game in hand on Everton.

@OptaJoe

2 - Luton have gone 2-0 ahead in two minutes and 17 seconds against Brighton; in Premier League history, only Leicester v Derby in April 1998 (2-0 in the opening two minutes) have ever scored twice earlier from the start of a match. Rabbit.
Did it end up 180-0?
Close since goals at home by Luton count more than normal goals do.

Luton have now won 3 straight, although two of those came in the FA Cup. One point clear of the drop and they have a game in hand on Everton.
It's amazing how much losing 10 points can hurt. From 12th to 18th for Everton because of that.

So I go into a meeting with United up 2-0. Return and its 3-1. Watch the forwards have no ability to maintain possession, instead dribbling into multiple people and getting easily stripped leading to goals at the other end. 3-3.

Mainoo steps up and makes it 4-3. Holy hell.

All Wednesday need to do to have a realistic chance at survival is come away from Huddersfield with something... oh

Also Newcastle and Luton are doing a thing

The amount of late goals in both the Africa and Asia tournaments is amazing.

10 man host Ivory Coast wins 2-1 today at the 122nd minute mark!

Goal scorer takes off his shirt to celebrate, gets yellow and will now miss the semi final.

Seems like every week, more and more EPl games move to peacock. Liverpool arsenal is the only match on the schedule at 11:30 today and it's still over there.

Has totally killed my interest.

Seems like every week, more and more EPl games move to peacock. Liverpool arsenal is the only match on the schedule at 11:30 today and it's still over there.

Has totally killed my interest.
Since cutting cable, I only want/watch games on peacock
I agree 100%. I used to pay $150+ a month for Directv. Now I pay $6/month for Peacock, $6/month for Paramount, and $15/month for the Disney/Hulu/ESPN package. So, for $27/Month I get as much soccer as I can handle, plus access to a bunch of shows if I want. I love this aspect of modern programming.

I'm actually upset if things aren't simulcast on streaming now because then I miss the games.

Great day for me to try to do some work - Leverkusen v Bayern, Wisconsin at Rutgers and England v Wales in the Six Nations all live right now.

Leverkusen goal scorer Josip Stanišić did not celebrate, presumably because he is on loan from Bayern. I believe in England he would be prohibited by rule from competing against his parent club.

Arsenal's destruction of West Ham today (6-0 and still going) is bringing their GD in line with the top teams which may play a part this year.

That Villa equalizer has been coming. I can see them winning from here.

I just got McTominay-ed.
The equalizer has been coming. Varane didn't step out to mark.

And this is where McT belongs, super sub. Excellent ball by Dalot and a great header.

Maguire was solid, no real complaints, minor nit picks that may have been coach directed tactics.
Rashford looks off, no fire, not fun. Something going on there.

Well damn, that escalated quickly. I looked at the score in the 87', its 1-1.

Check back to see if it ended that way. Nope Palace 1 - 3 Chelsea

Today made me appreciate the presence of VAR and higher level officials - visitors have someone jump in two footed, fortunately missing their target, it's as clear a red card as you will ever see, but somehow every official misses it, and the end result is the home captain getting a yellow/sin bin combination and the manager being sent off. Plus it hasn't stopped raining since kick off

15th place Bocum have just gone 2 goals ahead of Bayern in the 79th minute and you have to wonder whether Tuchel survives to the next game. Expect to see pictures of Jose having a coffee on the Marienplatz tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread