What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Holly Jolly Palooza: Collaborative Xmas playlist project complete w/ 12 1/2 playlists for your holiday enjoyment (1 Viewer)

I have to thank Ilov80s for doing Sufjan in the MAD thread. I would not have known about his Christams album otherwise. Same to Eephus for the Low song. Happy Holidays to my brothers and sisters from the music threads, threads that give year-round.

eta* Yeah, I've had the Sufjan album on for the past forty minutes or so. It's so good. I could probably pick from it for all the categories except for overplayed and bad.

Last edited:
"Pretty Paper" - Willie Nelson (Country)

Willie wrote the song for Roy Orbison and recorded it at least five times himself with various collaborators. This version from 1979 is my favorite tonight although the one he does with Asleep at the Wheel might be tomorrow.

Country

Santa Looked a Lot Like Daddy - Buck Owens

Traditional

White Christmas - Bing Crosby

Traditional

Auld Lang Syne - Guy Lombardo and His Royal Canadians

Country/Acoustic

So Much Wine - Phoebe Bridgers (qualifies as sad/depressing too, but not that day yet)

It’s hysterical that people rush to post at 12:01 am for a Christmas song draft.

I was going to complain about West Coast Bias but in the spirit of Christmas I let it go.
I’m willing to take what’s left over. I mean there’s a lot of Christmas songs out there.
I usually go to bed around midnight, and I am usually on this board just before bed, so it's not really much of an effort for me to post something at 12:01.

Country/Acoustic

Lyle is a genre blender, but his country roots usually weave through his music in some form. This goes out to k4, not because she is a hooker like the girl in the song, but because she is a Lyle fan like me.

The Girl With The Holiday Smile - Lyle Lovett

Religious/Traditional

Christmas music always reminds me of my mom playing the Christmas album that has the album cover of Johnny standing in the snow with skis.

What Child is This? - Johnny Mathis (with Percy Faith and His Orchestra)

Each of these songs could fit in either category but I'll separate them for playlist purposes:

O Holy Night - Ruston Kelly

Religious:

O Little Town of Bethlehem - Kenny Chesney

Last edited:
a little catch up from me for tuesday soulful is nat king cole the christmas song without any hesitation it is a first ballot unanimous hall of famer and sounds like my dad having a whiskey sour while it played on a 45 on the old stereo while he put out gifts while me and my sister were asleep

overplayed that mariah cary one i was at a basketball game last week and the poms girls came out at every time out and did the same routine to that song every single time it was funny but also horrible i mean there are other songs come one take that to the bank brohans

Each of these songs could fit in either category but I'll separate them for playlist purposes:

O Holy Night - Ruston Kelly

O Little Town of Bethlehem - Kenny Chesney

i love ruston kelly so so so much that brohans is well he is a brohan take that to the bank brochachos

now on to today country is brenda lee rocking around the christmas tree and traditional is have yourself a merry little christmas by the one the only the great frank sinatra take that to the bank brochachos

I have to thank Ilov80s for doing Sufjan in the MAD thread. I would not have known about his Christams album otherwise. Same to Eephus for the Low song. Happy Holidays to my brothers and sisters from the music threads, threads that give year-round.

eta* Yeah, I've had the Sufjan album on for the past forty minutes or so. It's so good. I could probably pick from it for all the categories except for overplayed and bad.
I was going to pick the same two artists, but different songs. :) Maybe I still will.

a little catch up from me for tuesday soulful is nat king cole the christmas song without any hesitation it is a first ballot unanimous hall of famer and sounds like my dad having a whiskey sour while it played on a 45 on the old stereo while he put out gifts while me and my sister were asleep

overplayed that mariah cary one i was at a basketball game last week and the poms girls came out at every time out and did the same routine to that song every single time it was funny but also horrible i mean there are other songs come one take that to the bank brohans

I wasn't going to allow makeup picks but I like the idea of having that Mariah Carey song appear twice on the Overplayed list. I may pick it again if the roll comes up.

Does my favorite genre - gloomy singer-songwriters - go under country?
There is a category for “sad/depressing/wistful/anti-holiday” — I don’t know if the song you have in mind could fit better there. (But no rule preventing you from putting under both either.)

RE: The twelfth/last playlist

Rap/hip-hop
Obscurities
Foreign (non-English)
Something else?
Leave it at 11

:shrug:

I wasn't going to allow makeup picks but I like the idea of having that Mariah Carey song appear twice on the Overplayed list. I may pick it again if the roll comes up.
thanks brohan sorry i got really busy and didnt have time but wanted to get in the song that makes me think about my pop thanks again man take that to the bank

"The Hallelujah Chorus" - The Roches (Religious)

more a capella harmonies than you can Handel

I had no idea. This is OUTSTANDING!

The Roches holiday album We Three Kings is excellent even though they put "The Hallelujah Chorus" on one of their regular albums, as the opening track no less. I'm sure their record label was ecstatic about that one.

RE: The twelfth/last playlist

Rap/hip-hop
Obscurities
Foreign (non-English)
Something else?
Leave it at 11

:shrug:
Might be a bit of a challenge but new Christmas music, maybe things released in the last 10 years? Or at least this millennia

These are all great category ideas but we're supposed to be narrowing things down
If need to narrow it down, I’d say don’t narrow it. I like Pip’s idea of stuff that may not fit in the others (or just put in it whatever you want). This is the FFA — call it a “Free for all”.

Users who are viewing this thread